October 22, 2014 | 1138 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Shine Control Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by taylorlalaine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation isn't worth your money. I've used it for more than a full school semester but I bought it simply because I have very oily skin. It does not do good at controlling oil at all - lasts barely 3 hours and my foundation starts to break down and transfers very easily onto my clothes and justs melts off my face. However, it has pretty good coverage. I'd say medium to full and covers up my acne and redness without a concealer and it doesn't break me out. I'm still not satisfied so I'm looking for a new foundation that will control oil and not break me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by cheljo01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Even after reading the reviews, I decided to buy this in the Nude 40. I used it for a couple of weeks and just returned it to the store. I don't think it is a shine control, for long anyways. After a couple of hours, I could see the shine coming through. By the end of the day, I looked like a grease bucket. I don't know about you, but that is not sexy to me. This is my routine: pour some foundation on the back of my hand and then dot it onto my face and blend. Well this morning gave me a shock. After I had poured it onto my hand, I noticed the edges where the skin met the foundation turned black!! I was completely surprised by this. So, I decided to dot it on my face and see if the blackness appears on the edges of the dot. Yup, sure as heck did. It went away after I blended, but it got me to thinking of what is in this product to turn my skin black instantly! The active ingredient is Titanium Dioxide. I don't know whether or not this is the reason, and I don't know if it's just my skin/only me that this happens to, but I decided right then and there to take it back. I emailed customer service so they are aware of the effect. It threw me off guard. Luckily I save my receipt and am now going to try another one of Neutrogena....we shall see how this goes....

I gave it the Overall Rating of 2 Lippies because I did think that it matched my skin tone well and that it did clear up some trouble spots, but not all. 5 Lippies for the price...seriously, is it really worth $12? no. and then 3 Lippies for the packaging....it was like hell shaking it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by justjennieereviewingg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product about 2 months ago after trying the skinclearing foundation which was amazing but sadly this foundation had NO shine control if anything it made my face look like I got a bottle of baby oil and poured it all over only after 4 hours of applying it. I was upset because their pigments are so good and it match my skin so well, coverage was not that great but I liked that it felt light on my skin but I had to toss it after 3 uses. I would not recommend on oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by KailieEmelia

If you have extra to excessively oily acne-prone skin, I highly recommend this foundation. I have been asked several times what foundation I use, and in addition I have had many compliments on how flawless my skin looks, which is nice for a change.

For the past 7 years, my skin has gone through drastic stages of smooth and normal, to oily and acne-prone. I've tried my share of foundations only to be disappointed with the results. I recently decided to try the new Neutrogena Shine Control liquid foundation, and I give it two thumbs up. The reason I give this foundation such high ratings is because it is the only foundation that has a matte finish to control my oily skin, and it is combined with sunscreen which has improved the overall appearance of my skin after only one week of using. It does not cake, unless you pack it on, but instead gives an airbrushed look that lasts throughout the day, and I can't even feel it on my face!

I would only recommend this product for oily skin, after all it is specifically for shine control. Try this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Wonderless07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was really excited to try this foundation since neutrogena has been the only brand that doesn't break me out. Unfortunately, this foundation ended up doing just that. It has hardly any coverage (I applied it with my elf flat top brush) and my pimples and redness were completely visible. It was also difficult to blend. The product itself isnt that liquidy so it takes a while for it to come out of the container. It has this grainy texture which is most likely because of the rice ingredient in it. Definitely would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is not a shine control foundation at all. The shade I chose was perfect for my skinetone so I thought this would work out. I noticed the foundation was thick but I guess its for a matte finish. But after a minute of applying, it looked so greasy on me. It started disappearing so I added loose powder and it still didn't help. Also this doesn't come with a pump like most drugstore foundations. And it's so hard to come out because of how thick it is.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueenstylebaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First all, it's really dewy and takes like 45-60 minutes for it to settle without setting powder on my skin. I didn't find any grains of glass or rice powder - yet - but it actually is really difficult to get onto my hand, and I'm scared of what would happen when i'm close to running out. The coverage is actually really good though, so possibly, I would repurchase this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by gracieb0912

I'm on day 2 of wearing this foundation. I washed my face as usual. Applied my loreal youth code moisterizer. Let it set then applied my neutragena rice complex primer. Once that was in good I applied my concealer and eye brightner pen. Then the foundation with my beauty blender. I don't like that it's not in a pump or squeeze bottle. That's my only dislike so far. I applied it at 3ish got home a little after 8. Like a loser I was asleep before 9. I fell asleep without washing it off. I woke up with minimal oil. Which is weird bc I'm total grease ball. It applied well. I didn't have any drying as others have mentioned. I used it again today. I was in a rush and didn't apply it the way I wanted to. I forgot to add my makeup forever HD finishing powder to finish it off. Although I do have the neutragena oil free translucent powder that I plan to use throughout the day if needed. So far so good. I'll review again in a few days to let y'all know if I would repurchase or not.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

This is a thick paste in a tiny hole with broken glass chips all in it lol That is literally the only way I can explain it properly. Could they not have ground up the rice protein BEFORE adding it to the foundation?! Just a thought :-) As far as shine control, yeah, that ain't happening! It's just gimmicky crap in a glass as far as I'm concerned. It went back to the store.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by veelui

too thick for my tastes, grainy like the primer. but it does control my oil and has good staying power. can be messy if not careful