September 3, 2014 | 1000 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Visibly Bright Daily Facial Cleaner

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Cabintree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised by the bad reviews. I have the Visibly Bright Daily Facial Cleanser. I think the smell is great. Very refreshing and citrusy but not like a bad fake smell. It's a very cushiony lather that feels like its really cleaning but not drying out your skin. It says not to get it near your eyes but I am lazy and always use my cleansers to remove my eye make up. This worked really well, even got of my stubborn powder liner. I don't think it would feel nice to get this in your eye but if you do a good job of keeping your eyes closed it doesn't burn or sting at all. I generally make sure I do this with most cleansers. And I prefer using a cleanser to a solution. They seem to migrate into my eyes worse that cleanser and leave an irritating residue. My skin is somewhat sensitive and I am a big fan of this one. Give it a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by TMKipp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ugh, the heavy floral smell in this face wash made it hard to even use it. Smells like something you would use to clean a toilet. And you can't let any get near your eyes or it will burn, burn, burn. It dried out my skin and wasn't worth keeping around because of the smell/pain. I threw it out after using a few times.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by localfizz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Made my face so red and itchy right after I washed it off. I tried it a second time and the same thing happened. I threw it away and wouldn't recommend it. The only thing it has going for it is the price. It was very affordable. Im disappointed because I usually like neutogena products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by jann8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It sure brightened my face- beet red, dried out and looks like sh*t. This might work it your face is extremely oily, but if you have normal / dry skin avoid this like the plague. I use BHAs and various other exfolients and this garbage is harsh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

Creamy non-lathering cleanser that removes most makeup, but is perfumey and leaves mica sparkles on your face. Oh, you look bright all right. But it is from the glitter! I know the difference between sparkles on the face as opposed to in the product. And so did people who looked at me. This product sucks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I intensely dislike this cleanser. I know, a bit harsh to hate a cleanser. But, OMG, it stinks like chemical citrus used in laundry detergent. This golden colored cleanser with shimmer in it, does nothing for my skin. It feels like it leaves a residue on my skin. Absolutely no brightening effect at all. Threw it out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

I got this in a Target beauty bag. I liked the smell and the fact that the cleanser was shimmery (it didn't leave any shimmer on my face, but it just made me happy to look at).

I used it with my clarisonic mia. This was unbelievably drying. I had to use at least twice as much moisturizer as normal because my face was so tight I didn't think I could move it. I have yet to find a neutrogena cleanser that isn't very drying. I won't use this again and hope I don't experience any of the breakouts the other reviewers described from trying it once.

If you have dry skin, don't go near this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Artbum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I love this cleanser! It is oil-free, which I need/want bc I'm in my late 30s; I rarely experience breakouts now, compared to my 20s; while I don't want benzoyl peroxide or salicyclic acid in a cleanser, I prefer oil-free + antioxidant or vitamins in it. In 2 washes, I noticed a dramatic positive difference in my complexion; the tone's more even, clearer, and "visibly bright" -- I can do without the fragrance, it's a little strong but wears off quickly. This cleanser is non-drying but doesn't leave a greasy feeling (residue). I hope Neutrogena keeps this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by arvlyn

I received a sample of this cleanser in my Target Beauty Bag. I liked it right away. It really seems to brighten and smooth out my face. It hasn't dried it out at all, nor has it caused any breakouts. I use it once a day, in the morning. I don't need much, probably not even a full pump.
I've already purchased the regular size bottle. One thing I don't like about the packaging is you're suppose to shake before use, yet it's in a pump bottle. I'm not crazy about the scent, but it doesn't linger.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this product in a target beauty bag, and overall, I'm not impressed with it. It didn't make my face feel clean and it didn't do very well at removing the rest of my makeup. I also don't like the fact that it doesn't lather (it doesn't claim to be foaming though). The smell is kind of fruity/fresh, so that was nice. I didn't notice any difference in my skin brightness after using this product.