April 16, 2014 | 1899 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Visibly Bright Daily Facial Cleaner

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by localfizz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Made my face so red and itchy right after I washed it off. I tried it a second time and the same thing happened. I threw it away and wouldn't recommend it. The only thing it has going for it is the price. It was very affordable. Im disappointed because I usually like neutogena products.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by jann8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It sure brightened my face- beet red, dried out and looks like sh*t. This might work it your face is extremely oily, but if you have normal / dry skin avoid this like the plague. I use BHAs and various other exfolients and this garbage is harsh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

Creamy non-lathering cleanser that removes most makeup, but is perfumey and leaves mica sparkles on your face. Oh, you look bright all right. But it is from the glitter! I know the difference between sparkles on the face as opposed to in the product. And so did people who looked at me. This product sucks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I intensely dislike this cleanser. I know, a bit harsh to hate a cleanser. But, OMG, it stinks like chemical citrus used in laundry detergent. This golden colored cleanser with shimmer in it, does nothing for my skin. It feels like it leaves a residue on my skin. Absolutely no brightening effect at all. Threw it out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

I got this in a Target beauty bag. I liked the smell and the fact that the cleanser was shimmery (it didn't leave any shimmer on my face, but it just made me happy to look at).

I used it with my clarisonic mia. This was unbelievably drying. I had to use at least twice as much moisturizer as normal because my face was so tight I didn't think I could move it. I have yet to find a neutrogena cleanser that isn't very drying. I won't use this again and hope I don't experience any of the breakouts the other reviewers described from trying it once.

If you have dry skin, don't go near this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Artbum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I love this cleanser! It is oil-free, which I need/want bc I'm in my late 30s; I rarely experience breakouts now, compared to my 20s; while I don't want benzoyl peroxide or salicyclic acid in a cleanser, I prefer oil-free + antioxidant or vitamins in it. In 2 washes, I noticed a dramatic positive difference in my complexion; the tone's more even, clearer, and "visibly bright" -- I can do without the fragrance, it's a little strong but wears off quickly. This cleanser is non-drying but doesn't leave a greasy feeling (residue). I hope Neutrogena keeps this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by arvlyn

I received a sample of this cleanser in my Target Beauty Bag. I liked it right away. It really seems to brighten and smooth out my face. It hasn't dried it out at all, nor has it caused any breakouts. I use it once a day, in the morning. I don't need much, probably not even a full pump.
I've already purchased the regular size bottle. One thing I don't like about the packaging is you're suppose to shake before use, yet it's in a pump bottle. I'm not crazy about the scent, but it doesn't linger.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this product in a target beauty bag, and overall, I'm not impressed with it. It didn't make my face feel clean and it didn't do very well at removing the rest of my makeup. I also don't like the fact that it doesn't lather (it doesn't claim to be foaming though). The smell is kind of fruity/fresh, so that was nice. I didn't notice any difference in my skin brightness after using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by rennyontherox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have never been one to receive compliments on my skin, however, after using this product for a week my best friend whom I hadn't seen all summer commented on how radiant my skin looked. My sister asked me a week later if I was pregnant because I looked like I was "glowing." While the pregnant comment made me rush to the gym a.s.a.p. I knew that it was because of this face wash. I am also guilty of wearing heavy eye makeup and I don't even need a makeup remover prior to washing my face with this. This is a must have product for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by appllebaybee

I'll buy it again. I have used Clinique's Clinical Spot Corrector serum for a couple of years with moderate success-nothing to rave about. My spots are nearly gone, but it took two years at 50 bucks an ounce. That adds up! This stuff is at most 7 bucks a bottle (and a bottle that never leaks on me), and two days after I started using it my boyfriend (who notices nothing, like most guys) told me my face was bright and glowy. If that's not proof idk what is. I took one lippy off bc of the smell. It's grown on me, but I'll admit that the first time I used it I thought the perfume amount was ridiculous, and I appreciate a good smelling product, I really do. I also took the lippy off bc it did dry my skin a bit at first and I had a small dry patch for a day. tak into consideration though that my skin is oil-less. Oily skinned folks should have no issue with that. Overall, this is better than the Estee Lauder cleanser I had in my bag. No longer- it's in the trash. This is a 50 dollar cleanser in my opinion, and I'll gladly buy it again! I think this is a score for Neutrogena.