October 25, 2014 | 936 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Camaiu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like that this moisturizer has good SPF factor but doesn't go on making you look like casper. But on my oily face, that's pretty much all I love about it. I can't use it as a day moisturizer because it just makes my face so greasy after only an hour. There's no point using it at night either, because I prefer pure argan oil for that.

I guess those with dry skin would love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this moisturizer this summer and have been very please with it. First, it doesn't smell like sunscreen. Many moisturizers with SPF smell like sunscreen so I really like that. My skin absorbs it quickly and it is nongreasy and lightweight. I hate thick moisturizers in the summer. I spent more time outside this summer than normal and in a hotter and more humid environment and I never got burnt. Even when I had been sweating all day. It worked so well that my face is significantly lighter that my neck now. Oh, well. It also lasts a long time. After using for two months, there is still so much left.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by lucyfw

I bought this product on deciding to invest in a moisturiser combined with a broad spectrum SPF. After having spent time in Spain, I became very conscious of the harmful effects of the sun. I wanted to avoid a typical sunscreen which would make my face even more pale.I have fair skin therefore the SPF40 is perfect for me. I use this product all year round as protection from the UVA and UVB rays which are also present in winter. It blends into the skin really well and makes my skin feel very soft. I have been impressed with how much my slight pigmentation around my nose and chin have improved. The bottle is also easy to use thanks to the pump. It does carry quite a hefty price tag but a little goes a long way. Overall, I have been very happy with the product and would certainly buy again in the future. It is a worthy investment for those looking for an easy-to-use facial sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by elmiwalk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

We were in Mexico in April and I wanted a moisturizer that had SPF in it, as a multitasker to save room in my suitcase! With a few drops of Argan oil, and this over top of it twice a day, my acne went from moderate to bad, to mild to moderate in the week we were there. I have kept up this routine after coming home and I am still very pleased with the results. My sensitive skin loves this product, and I will definitely buy it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by theman

Active ingredients: titanium dioxide 9.5%, zinc oxide 6.0%
Rating: PA++; PPD ~7.0
Consistency: thick lotion
Fragrance: smells like Smarties
Finish: feels thick and greasy upon initial application, but sinks in and becomes non-greasy in a few minutes
Wear: After 9 hours, skin looked oily and needed to blot. Woke up with 13 tiny new whiteheads on chin the next morning and a few more developed during the day.
Gym: Eyes stung a little

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Karinnne

Wow this product is amazing, I hav sensitive skin and am very hesitant to use spf. This product does not irritate my skin not does it make me break out. My makeup does not feel cakey after either. It's a little priceh but worth it somce it'll last a good 2 months and of course $35 is well worth it for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Love84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wish this product would of worked for me because it left my skin looking naturally glowy and evened out my skin tone. I found that the days I wore this product I didn't even need to wear foundation. Unfortunately the after results were terrible and not worth getting that nice glow.

A day after using this product my chin and jaw area became severely itchy (i'm talking poison oak itchy) I also started to get tiny little white bumps and redness. The issue got worse and I was left with incredibly dry and flaky skin that no product could help.

I am assuming that this was just my personal reaction to the product but wanted to review in case someone else gets the same reaction. I have tried the body souffle and regular argan oil from Josie Maran and absolutely love those products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by snowshoe73

I prefer physical sunblocks over chemical ones, but it's hard to find something that is physical, strong (SPF 30 or higher) AND doesn't leave a white cast on my face. This one fits the bill perfectly. It goes on smoothly and moisturizes well. Doesn't irritate my skin or cause any breakouts. It also layers well: I've never had a problem using products either under or over it. If I use it by itself (no foundation to follow), it does leave a slightly shiny finish, but a few blotter papers takes care of that.

The biggest downside is the price: like all of Josie Maran's products, it's overpriced. But if you buy the large size (4 oz for $54) it works out to cost the same per ounce as Neutrogena's facial sunblock, which I was using before this. The large bottle also lasts a very long time: I use it every day--rain, shine or even if I'm not planning to go out of the house that day--on my face or neck and I get about 4 to 6 months' use per bottle. So that does help mitigate the cost.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by chokeonchicken

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this because I was looking for a daily moisturizer with spf. On the Sephora site it is listed as "Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40." However, when used, it felt simply like sunblock. I have oily skin and still had a bit of dryness/flakiness show after using this moisturizer. I didn't make it worse nor better. In all the other areas I ended up feeling greasy though. It never really fully dried down to a matte finish.

I like that it contains strictly physical sunblock. It didn't irritate my skin like some sunscreens do. Very nice packaging. I do think it's a bit overpriced. So is it good as a daily moisturizer? No. As a face sunblock? Yes. Especially if you don't want chemical sunblock.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I have enjoyed using this on my dry cheeks (combination skin), but on my oily T-zone, this is a disaster. I like that this is a moisturizer with such a high spf. However, I find I need to use a primer over this or my make up smears horribly. Primers also don't help that much. Therefore, since I want to be able to wear make up over this, I think I will need to stick to my original plan of finding a primer with sunscreen.

It also is expensive, and while I like the pump, it is hard to see how much you have left with the tinted glass bottle.

Also, do not get this near your eyes. Just the evaporation as you are rubbing it into your skin can burn your eyes or make them water.