October 1, 2014 | 2000 users online

Lip Gloss - Hard Candy - Super shine lip gloss

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2005 5:48:00 PM More reviews by tulipswallow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I should preface this review by mentioning that I only have this in a tiny sample tube attached to a keyring, as a free sample from Sephora. So I can't comment on the typical packaging or even the brush, as the sample has a foam applicator. But aside from that, this is the same gloss as in the full size product, and I can't say I'm too impressed. I have this in Babydoll, which is a very pale pink with lots of shimmer. A nice enough color, but very sheer -- all you really see is the shimmer. That would be ok, but the gloss is so sticky, icky thick! Like vaseline. I expect a better quality gloss for such a price. And what is that smell??? Ugh. I can't place it, but it is nauseating. Sweet, but somehow rotten and chemical. I couldn't wait to get it off. I am glad I got this as a free sample, and I will not purchase this in any color because of that smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2005 3:07:00 PM More reviews by dalilah

I love the fact that these have a brush applicator... its fantastic! the problem is it gets too much lip gloss on it... when i pull it out, i kind of hold it to the side so the gloss is only on 1/2 of the brush, and i still only use half that ammount.

and as another reviewer said, the gloss kinda seeps out of the bottle (but only after a little while of having it.) which makes it no good for keeping in your purse. it would get gloss on the inside of the purse, and any lint inside the purse will get on the gloss, i dont know how many times i've cleaned the tube!

another problem is that it doesnt last very long at all. it lasts longer than drug-store brands, but compared to department store stuff.. its not that great. it lasts about 2 1/2 hours if youre lucky.

the pigment load isn't that great either, which makes you want to glop it on (i guess thats why it despenses so much) but then the sticky gets everywhere!

the only thing i LOVE about this is the color "love child" its my all-time favorite holy-grail status color! but i will not buy it again. I am going to bring it with me to the MAC counter and see if they have a color match in lipglass. now that stuff is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2005 10:04:00 PM More reviews by glossgal_01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

These glosses are just great! The just smell so good, like cake to me. They have great shine factor and the colors are very pretty. I love the brush applicator that these have instead of those sponge tips. I have Pop, Oxygen, Pixie (my fav), and Sweetie. I originally bought the Gift set with the minis, but fell in love and ended up with the full size!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2004 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sunshine34

I have this in Fantasy and I rather like it. It was the luscious smell that drew me in, plus the rarity of cool mauvey colours. (this one is sheer though so don't be scared!)

I wear it alone and it looks pretty, plus I wear it over rosey pink liner to bring out the pink tones.

I love unusual shades, and Hard Candy, Dior, Benefit and Urban Decay are the best for that!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2004 12:07:00 AM More reviews by chiarascura

OK, I didn't give this a 1 because they do have nice colors. Mine in particular is a rather pretty mauvey light purple (the name wore off on the tube). BUT! This is the goopiest, stickiest, ickiest lip gloss I've ever used. It comes in a tube, and, invariably, the brush comes out with an enormous load of gloss - yes, I could wipe it off on the tube's lip, but that wastes rather expensive product, and then drips down the bottle and makes it sticky. My issue with the packaging is, for some reason, gloss ends up somehow seeping out of the cap, and making the bottle sticky. I guess I like the way it looks on my lips - very shiny, makes my lips look like a just-licked lollipop - but wearing my hair down is just not an option if I've got this on - I will have hair-trails of gloss on my cheeks in no time. Final verdict: nice colors, but sticky, poor staying power, and an ick-prone tube. Will NOT rebuy.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2004 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Giverny

Usually I try to be more descriptive, but all I can think of to describe these glosses is yuck! They're ultra-sticky, the scent is nauseating -- sickly sweet and chemical-y -- and they have almost no pigment. Definitely won't buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2004 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Spoonsy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved this gloss! I bought it in 'Flirt', a pink color with slight gold shimmer. I loved the brush, it was easy to use, and I barely have to dip it back in twice. The smell is sooo yummie like a vanilla cake. Its thick, but not goopy and it stays on a while. Sometimes it leaks, but not anything major. Definately a repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2004 12:17:00 PM More reviews by MissKeLsEy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

hey oh wow...i did not like this lip gloss very much the aplicator could have been better and its kind of thick but over all its an ok lipgloss i found another lip gloss by sephora and i absolutely love it! its new its called Hard Candy Lip Sorbet and when i used it i fell in love with it! it smells great and stays on for a pretty long time its a little pricey but they give you a lot so its worth it. I would highly suggest it!! its a must have!http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P64603

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2004 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate the sickly sweet smell, and the applicator - for some reason it makes the dry skin on my lips really obvious, whereas with an ordinary sponge-tipped aplicator it smooths my lips.
Wouldn't buy it again, bad smell, bad applicator, altho nice colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2004 3:35:00 PM More reviews by MissLexy

Dude I got this in fantasy and it's sooooo cool! I love love love it and th best part is it smells like cake batter and I got it on my b-day! tehe very special lip gloss!!!!!