Sephora Microsmooth Foundation Powder

4.4

Mica, Talc, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Dimethicone, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isohexadecane, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbitan Stearate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Lauroyl Lysine, Coral Powder, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 80, Hexylene Glycol, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Nylon-12, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopherol

on 10/7/2014 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've had this powder for about five months now and the shape of the powder dome is not half way done yet. I use it every day. Right now I am about a NC40. I purchased the next darker shade, I believe the color was Bronze (35 Tan) at first. I returned only because it made my under eye area way too dark. So I purchased the next light color called Sand. I wish they had a color in between Sand and Bronze. Fortunately I use an awesome blush/bronzer by NYX called Ignite and it is a perfect bronzer that helps darken the color a bit by dusting some on my temples, nose, chin area. This will do for now but I would love to try MAC's MSN in Medium Plus which seems like it's always out of stock! The price is good upfront at $22 but read from another reviewer that MAC is much better as far as price per gram at $29.

I have to say the coverage is very good, smooth and silky texture, and not chalky, love the yellow undertones to it and doesn't turn orange by the end of the day.

on 8/15/2014 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I beyond adore this powder. I have the most sensitive skin in the world and it doesn't irritate it at all. I use it along with L'Oreal Lumi and my skin looks nice and dewy and glowy from morning to night. After going through so many powders I finally found one that works. When I don't use this my skin doesn't look as good by the end of the day. I like this one more than my pressed powder from CHANEL. Try this with elf's kabuki brush, I found it life changing. I pat it on lightly instead of buffing in since buffing irritates my skin and it sets my foundation beautifully. HG for sure!

on 8/14/2014 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I didn't realize how great this stuff was until I tried to use something else. This powder matches my skin well, and keeps me looking matte, and looks wonderful in the summertime. This is becoming one of my favorite powders.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love the MAC MSFNs and have repurchased them all the time. However, I believe most of the lighter ones swing cool-toned (Light, Medium, Medium Plus). Light Plus is the exception, which is good for NC15-20.

I was looking for a product that would give me the same uses (setting powder, extra coverage, and powder foundation) but would fit my skintone when I use self tanner in the summer (NC20-25). This fits the bill. Does it replace my love for MSFN? Not really... it's a different formula. I prefer the MSFN one, but this color does work.

This is a wonderful powder! I generally am very pleased with all Sephora brand products, I find them to be dupes to tons of upscale more expensive products. This foundation powder in particular is just amazing! It goes on so slky smooth and lasts all day. Keeps my face from getting shiny or slick like it usually would and I don'thave to reapply it dozens of times throughout. I just wish it would havea built-in mirror, but given how well it works I can do without. Highly recommend this to everyone, it has great selection of shades and is my new HG powder!

on 5/5/2014 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Move over MAC MSFN, make room for Sephora's Microsmooth Foundation Powder.
I got this during Sephora's 15% VIB Rouge promotion and I love the silky texture of this powder. MAC's MSFN can be a bit powdery in comparison to the Microsmooth Foundation powder and I find myself reaching for it more than the MSFN.

The packaging leaves a bit to be desired as it has no mirror but other than, it's a great product. I use it mainly as a finishing powder although it would work as powder foundation if you're not looking for a lot of coverage.

I'm a NC30/C3 and the #25 is my perfect match. I take my Sephora #55 brush and fluff it all over and I get a polished look. It's great for touch ups as it doesn't get cakey like some powders can. The compact can get a bit dusty but I can't complain because of the performance.

A definite repurchase.

I picked this up at Sephora a few months ago and I'm quite impressed. It gives great coverage when it's lightly dusted over some BB Cream or a light-medium coverage liquid foundation. I will also often wear this as a setting powder over my Outlast StayFabulous 3-in-1 foundation. It's 28 dollars including tax (CAD).

on 4/7/2014 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I freakin love this product. I'm not one for liquid foundations, and this product along with some concealer gives me the coverage I want. It gives me a natural, medium coverage. You can build it to full coverage if you use one of those wedge sponges, but I prefer using a flat top brush, such as the Elf Studio one. As for the downside, I have a few. I have combination/oily skin, and on the days that I do have dry spots, this powder tends to accentuate them. Since it is a baked powder, it tends to get messy and all over the place, which can actually seem like you're wasting product. For $22, this sucks because there's actually not a lot of product to begin with. It only has 7 grams. When you use this product everyday, which I practically do, you go through it fairly quickly. I'm on my second one, and I'm nearly done with it. It also only took me 2 months to get through my first one. Longevity-wise, it lasts for about 5 hours on my face until I have to blot. That's pretty average for any powder I've used, though. Oh yeah, and it doesn't break me out which is a very big plus. I will continue to repurchase this until I find a cheaper alternative. Although if it were cheaper and lasted longer, it would definitely be holy grail worthy for me. For shade reference, I'm an NC25-30 in MAC, yellow/golden undertones, and I use the shade Beige 25.

on 4/7/2014 11:18:00 AM

Recently my skin has been breaking out and giving me problems. I wanted something that didn't irritate my skin so I opted for this foundation. Unlike many other mineral products, it doesn't contain bismuth oxychloride which is known to irritate sensitive skin. I have hyper-sensitive and so far this hasn't broken me out (*fingers crossed*). I don't think this provides very much coverage. Probably light to medium. It's definitely layerable without looking cakey which is a plus. I use this more as a setting powder on top of foundation/concealer. It gives my skin a nice, smooth, flawless finish. On it's own, I find the coverage too sheer. My color is 15 Nude and it's a perfect match for my skin! I am a MAC NC20-25. Will update if anything changes ^_^

on 4/1/2014 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Great finish! Color was a bit orange. But it felt like silk, applied evenly, smooth finish. Two lippies because it irritated my skin after one application. However, my skin is very sensitive, oily and prone to breakouts. It's marketed as a mineral foundation but mica is the only mineral ingredient in the loooong list of ingredients. It also contains dimethicone which I believe is a comedogenic. If you don't have problem skin then the $22 investment is probably worth it.