July 30, 2014 | 1127 users online

Powder - Sephora - Microsmooth Foundation Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've used several of these compacts up now. Application, coverage, and finish are identical to MAC's MSFN. I'm NC15 and wear Porcelain, it's a great match. I love that I can wear it alone as a powder foundation on lighter days, or I can use it to set my foundation for heavier coverage. It also works well for setting your undereye concealer. It removes excess done from your face without giving it a completely matte look. Your skin still looks like skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by catmj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went into Sephora, and got color matched with their new imaging computer program. The powder I bought #25, which is a perfect match for my skin. I cannot seem to find a drugstore powder that matches me. Anyhow, The application is fantastic with a powder brush, it's very similar to MAC mineralize natural skinfinish. It's a reasonable price, and it's a staple in my hodge-podge makeup collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite powder; I wear it more than any of my other powders. Sets my foundation beautifully and doesn't need to be reapplied throughout the day. Looks great paired with Diorskin Forever. I've had the same compact for ages and it still has so much product, no pan showing. Love the compact.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good as a sheer powder foundation or as a setting powder, but not so great as a full foundation. At least not on me! I've used (and really liked) MAC MSFN in the past, and while this is a very similar product I feel like it sits differently on my face than my MAC MSFN did. It doesn't meld with my skin very well and you can see it just sitting on top. I have to take more time prepping my skin to get this to look right if I want to wear it as a medium coverage foundation, which defeats the purpose of a powder foundation to me as I like it as a more low maintenance alternative to liquid foundation. The more I try to buff it in, the more obvious it looks. The only ways I can wear it are applied lightly with a stippling brush or sheerly over a cream or liquid foundation. If I try to apply it with a denser, stiffer brush, it sinks into my pores in an incredibly unattractive way. It's a drier, matte-er product too. MAC didn't have a sheen or shimmer to it, but it left a natural satin-matte finish to my skin. Microsmooth looks more powdery, more matte.

I don't love this product as much as I was hoping to, but I like it enough to use it as a setting/blotting powder when I switch back to liquid foundation in a month or so.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by MiniAndBoss

Stellar product, works just like Mac MSFN -- sheer powder foundation that doesn't look cakey no matter how much you layer on. I'm around Mac nc25 and the shade beige works well for me. It does what I need it to do, even out my skin and keep the shine away while looking natural. One thing I hate about this product is the packaging. It's such a manicure killer! I'm guaranteed to chip the polish while trying to pry this open. Like I said earlier, this works just like MSFN for me, and Although I like the product, I will not repurchase. This is $22 for 7 grams while MSFN is $30 for 10 grams, I get more bang for my buck with MSFN, and its better packaged.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by jennclaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, let me start by saying that this is my HG foundation/powder. Good coverage, natural finish, and best of all... A superior dupe to the much loved MAC Mineralize skinfinish natural. Not only is this my favorite foundation, but ive also purchase multiple shades for multiple uses. In the winter, i am around a MAC NC25 to 30 and I use the shade Beige as my foundation, I also have the colour Sand for my summer foundation while Im around an NC35. To set my undereyes, and highlight my cheeckbones (when im feeling extra fancy) i use the colour nude. And as a year round contour and bronzer; i use Mahogany. This powder is excellent for giving a natural finish while giving you dimension, and custom coverage. The singular gripe is that there is no mirror in the compact, but product wise... STELLAR QUALITY.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jnbaisden

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder foundation! Previously, I tried out MAC MSFN but it gave me breakouts, so I had to continue my search, and I'm so glad I found this product! It is everything I wanted MSFN to be and more! First of all, it gives me great coverage, and I like that it is buildable without getting cakey. It also has many other great qualities in that it can be applied both wet and dry, has a smooth, satin finish, looks natural, doesn't oxidize, and doesn't cause any issues for my skin at all. The color match is also great (MAC NC50/MSFN Dark - Sephora MS Mahogany), because I usually fall in between shades when it comes to powder products. I love the ease of application, and once I apply it in the morning, I don't find the need to touch up at all during the day even on my combination skin which is a definite plus! I also find the price to be amazing for such a superior product. I've spent much more on products that didn't work half as well. Prior to finding this product, I was strictly a liquid foundation girl, and since I bought this, it has completely replaced my HG liquid in my make up routine, not to mention it has cut down my makeup application time by at least 5 minutes. I am hoping it will last just as nicely on my skin in the warmer spring and summer months. If it does, I'm planning to totally convert from using liquid to using powder foundation year round! I highly recommend it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by 1CupcakeJunkie

I bought this as inexpensive setting powder and it seems to work well. I bought clear light 15 and it seems to match me pretty well. I use it during work to get rid of shine on my face and i use an ELF powder brush. Doesnt leave me cakey at all and i can reapply over and over and it still doesnt get cakey. I do hate that it doesnt come with a mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by dustyjil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I currently use and really like the Benefit Hello Flawless! powder. I need to mix 2 shades, so I wanted to try this as a substitute. It just doesn't have the same creamy texture as the Hello Flawless! and it is drying.

***UPDATE*** I have rediscovered this and needed to increase my rating, I think I was applying too heavily. It is not comparable to the Benefit powder, it's different, but still a good powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a nearly perfect match for D33 in the mattifying compact foundation. Picked this up in the 35 shade for days when I wear liquid foundation and I am mildly impressed. The finish is light and smooth. The area around my nose flaked a bit but the powder otherwise did well on my dry skin. This powder did not approach my idea of a foundation - coverage is modest as was staying power. The packaging annoys me because there's no applicator or mirror of any kind. This design flaw makes it less portable than I would like. I've used a sponge.and a brush; the sponge worked much better for coverage. I'll repurchase because it's a good product, a good shade match at a decent price that doesn't cause me to breakout in little itchy bumps. The decidedly yellow undertones to this powder shade suit my coloring and did I mention that it doesn't make me itch or cause to watch with mildly itchy red bumps. Sephora powder foundations are better than I expected. Did I mention that this powder did not inflame my face. : D It didn't stay long either, but that's a tradeoff I can happily accept.
UPDATE: I'm subtracting one lippie. I still like the initial result and the color, but wish for better staying power.