October 24, 2014 | 1640 users online

Powder - Sephora - Microsmooth Foundation Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by iselarp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great finish! Color was a bit orange. But it felt like silk, applied evenly, smooth finish. Two lippies because it irritated my skin after one application. However, my skin is very sensitive, oily and prone to breakouts. It's marketed as a mineral foundation but mica is the only mineral ingredient in the loooong list of ingredients. It also contains dimethicone which I believe is a comedogenic. If you don't have problem skin then the $22 investment is probably worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is it, I found the holy grail of face powders! Good-bye Clinique, MAC MSFN, and Milani! This powder is beautiful. It was mentioned on a beauty blog and it even looked good on the screen. When I went to Sephora I was truly impressed by the color match. I bought the color in Tan 40 which matched my skin beautifully (I'm on the lighter side of NC45).

What I like best about the powder is the yellow underbase. My MAC MSFN (med/dark) looks warmer towards orange/tan, my MAC MSFN (dark) is about one about shade darker and less golden than the Sephora powder. My Clinique Suede looks more olive beige and Miliani Tan looks more beige/ tan compared to the Sephora 40 powder.

I like the texture, it's quite soft, yet not chalky. It gives a sheer luminous texture to the skin. This powder is good if you have flawless skin and you just want to even out your complextion or reduce shine. It can work if you have minor acne. I don't think it will cover dark or red spots thouroughly. Nevertheless, it worth sampling at Sephora.

One lippie goes off for the packaging. Be very careful, there is no tin pan in the compact, the powder tablet is glued to the compact and breaks off easily. When I purchased mine, the tablet slipped right out. I had to exchange it the next day. So when you're at Sephora's make sure to shake compact lightly to see if it's still glued to the compact. Based on that $22 is a bit pricey for the deficient packaging.

UPDATE ***************************************************************************************************

I went down a shade and purchased #35 Bronze which looks great (NC 45 liquid / Bobbi Brown Golden), but when I get darker during the summer I'll go back #40 Tan. I still have no complaints about this powder. This is what I wear on the weekends when I just want a little coverage for smooth look and it does the trick!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Kchastings

I've gone back to minerals recently--Bare Minerals. BUT---I saw this and tried it on my hand while in Sephora with my mother. We went on to other shopping, and I noticed how smooth my hand was where I'd applied the Microsmooth FP. My mother noticed also. I researched the reviews and ingredients, and saw that people liked it as well or better than Bare Minerals. My only hesitation was the ingredient Talc was 2nd on list. That usually looks cakey Snd clogs my pores. So I kept reading reviews, and finally bought it to see if it lived up to the hype. It DOES! I normally wear Bare Minerals original loose foundation in Light, which has yellow undertones. I matched myself at Sephora and chose #15, Light/Nude. I applied with a flocked sponge. You can buy those at Walgreens--it the powder puff 2-pack by Studio 35 Beauty, (the Walgreens brand), for a couple bucks. Flawless coverage, full, lasts all day. Not shimmery but a teeny bit of a hint of pearl to the Microsmooth Foundation Powder. HG product!!! I don't even use concealer under my eyes anymore. My skin has loved this--no blackheads or breakouts, even if I sleep in it. The "baked" feature may be way I can pile this on and it never ever gets cakey. I hope Sephora never quits making this, cause this a game changer!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel in love with this powder right in the store. Believe it or not, it is so hard to find the right powder. I use this in Bronze shade which is darker than my skin but gives me a bit of color when I do not want to use blush or bronzer. It looks natural and it looks fab over the Sephora 10-Hour Foundation. It stays on the whole day with no fuss. The quality of this product is great. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've used several of these compacts up now. Application, coverage, and finish are identical to MAC's MSFN. I'm NC15 and wear Porcelain, it's a great match. I love that I can wear it alone as a powder foundation on lighter days, or I can use it to set my foundation for heavier coverage. It also works well for setting your undereye concealer. It removes excess done from your face without giving it a completely matte look. Your skin still looks like skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by catmj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went into Sephora, and got color matched with their new imaging computer program. The powder I bought #25, which is a perfect match for my skin. I cannot seem to find a drugstore powder that matches me. Anyhow, The application is fantastic with a powder brush, it's very similar to MAC mineralize natural skinfinish. It's a reasonable price, and it's a staple in my hodge-podge makeup collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite powder; I wear it more than any of my other powders. Sets my foundation beautifully and doesn't need to be reapplied throughout the day. Looks great paired with Diorskin Forever. I've had the same compact for ages and it still has so much product, no pan showing. Love the compact.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good as a sheer powder foundation or as a setting powder, but not so great as a full foundation. At least not on me! I've used (and really liked) MAC MSFN in the past, and while this is a very similar product I feel like it sits differently on my face than my MAC MSFN did. It doesn't meld with my skin very well and you can see it just sitting on top. I have to take more time prepping my skin to get this to look right if I want to wear it as a medium coverage foundation, which defeats the purpose of a powder foundation to me as I like it as a more low maintenance alternative to liquid foundation. The more I try to buff it in, the more obvious it looks. The only ways I can wear it are applied lightly with a stippling brush or sheerly over a cream or liquid foundation. If I try to apply it with a denser, stiffer brush, it sinks into my pores in an incredibly unattractive way. It's a drier, matte-er product too. MAC didn't have a sheen or shimmer to it, but it left a natural satin-matte finish to my skin. Microsmooth looks more powdery, more matte.

I don't love this product as much as I was hoping to, but I like it enough to use it as a setting/blotting powder when I switch back to liquid foundation in a month or so.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by MiniAndBoss

Stellar product, works just like Mac MSFN -- sheer powder foundation that doesn't look cakey no matter how much you layer on. I'm around Mac nc25 and the shade beige works well for me. It does what I need it to do, even out my skin and keep the shine away while looking natural. One thing I hate about this product is the packaging. It's such a manicure killer! I'm guaranteed to chip the polish while trying to pry this open. Like I said earlier, this works just like MSFN for me, and Although I like the product, I will not repurchase. This is $22 for 7 grams while MSFN is $30 for 10 grams, I get more bang for my buck with MSFN, and its better packaged.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by jennclaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, let me start by saying that this is my HG foundation/powder. Good coverage, natural finish, and best of all... A superior dupe to the much loved MAC Mineralize skinfinish natural. Not only is this my favorite foundation, but ive also purchase multiple shades for multiple uses. In the winter, i am around a MAC NC25 to 30 and I use the shade Beige as my foundation, I also have the colour Sand for my summer foundation while Im around an NC35. To set my undereyes, and highlight my cheeckbones (when im feeling extra fancy) i use the colour nude. And as a year round contour and bronzer; i use Mahogany. This powder is excellent for giving a natural finish while giving you dimension, and custom coverage. The singular gripe is that there is no mirror in the compact, but product wise... STELLAR QUALITY.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No