Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

3.2

aqua/water, ethylhexyl palmitate, glycerin, octyldecanol, silica, pentylene glycol, octyldodecyl xyloside, phenoxyethanol, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethone taurate copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, isohexadecane, hydroxyethyl, acrylate/ sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate, copolymer, peg - 30, diplohydroxystearate, sodium dehydroacetate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl, hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, disodium edta, citirc acid, polysorbate 80, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, methylisothiazolinone, chamonolla retcuitta extract/matricaria flower extract, aloe barbadensis extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, may contain c177891/titanium dioxide, c177491, c177492, c177499/iron oxides

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my first dabbling into a BB cream (I'm aware this isn't a true BB though and more of a tinted moisturizer).
I have very pale skin with lots of freckles, and I prefer to not cover them up. This product has been great for me so far! In addition to being super pale, I have very dry skin too. I used to use powders only, and throughout the day my skin would dry out and I would have those gross bits of skin and chalky powder all over.
Now my skin care routine is to wash with Dr. Bronner's Castile soap and moisturize with Burt's Bees hand salve (yes, on my face. I have reviews for both of those products on here as well), then follow with the BB cream. I have somewhat of a dewy finish at first if I haven't been diligent about really rubbing the salve in, but sometimes I prefer to let it sit and just work its moisturizing magic before I do my makeup.
Some reviewers have said that this product made their face oily. It IS a moisturizer, so perhaps it isn't good for people who already have oily skin. Personally though I love it!
It has yet to break me out, and I have pretty sensitive skin. A big perk for me is the SPF 30, most makeups only have 15. If I'm going to have any chance of being out in the sun, I make sure to at least have sunscreen on my face if nowhere else, and this product does that for me.
The coverage isn't great, but that's what I love about it. Every light coverage foundation I've ever used (liquid and powder) has been far too much for my freckled skin. I was looking for something to even out the texture and provide just a little bit of a "finished" look. Freckled skin is a whole different animal compared to the people who have a single colored skin tone. There is no way you would get a natural look from a foundation in my experience. My favorite part of this is that it tones down any redness from the occasional breakout, making it easier to cover with concealer after this base.
I do use this as my "foundation" on a regular basis, although I apply it with my fingers like a moisturizer. It gives you the feeling of wearing something on days that you don't want to wear makeup (most people), but it is also my "full makeup foundation" for going out at night, weddings, etc.
The packaging is ok. The product might be a little runny for being in a stand up bottle. I have to tilt it quickly and awkwardly put the lid back on at an angle while trying to not spill the product in my hands. I'm not sure what other type of package would be good for this product though. A glass bottle like a liquid foundation wouldn't make sense, and a twist off pot would be a little silly too.

TL;DR
It works beautiful for freckled skin, if you're looking for the HG product you've been searching for all your life. Can't comment on how it works for "normal" skin types.
I give it 4/5 lippies overall simply because I have had good luck with this product, and haven't ventured to try other BB creams, so I can't compare. I may edit this review in the future if I decide to branch out.

on 6/8/2015 9:05:00 PM

i hate it, it's not good for combined skin, and also I have pimples after I use it during nights when I clean my face

on 6/5/2015 5:58:00 PM

The first time I used this, I thought it was a miracle product. It minimized my pores, gave decent coverage, and matched my skin tone perfectly. It required careful application, as it almost peeled if you used a sponge or your fingers, unless you were super light. But it totally broke me out!!!! I don't have the best skin, but it was pretty clear until I used this, and now it looks awful! As this was the only change I made to... anything, really, I have to assume that it was this product. I'm very disappointed.

on 6/4/2015 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Not a fan... too thick for my likings and light was still pretty dark compared to other products classifcation of "light".
price is not worth it

youd get more out of bb cream by garnier!!!!

on 6/3/2015 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the worst bb cream I've ever used. I usually only use Skin79 or Lioele beyond the solution, but I decided to use this because I remember using this two years ago and really liking it.

I used a whole tube the year I graduated high school so I decided to give this another go, because ordering my bb creams online got a little frustrating as I have to usually wait 3-7 weeks to receive them. Thankfully I bought this while it was on sale.

When I first applied this I literally saw zero difference in my skin. It covered absolutely nothing. And within two hours I got so incredibly greasy that I just wanted to go home as soon as I saw myself in the mirror. Even my sister was like, "omg you've only been wearing that for an hour?" Yup. Only an hour and it looked like 9 hour makeup. This is also very pink so if your skin is yellow based avoid this. I ended up using my concealer as if it were foundation after blotting my face, so this is a total waste. All of the claims are BS.

on 5/31/2015 12:36:00 AM

I absolutely hate this product and hate is such a strong word. this product continuously broke me out and silly me thought it was just that "time of the month". Everytime I would cover my blemishes with this it would create more along with it. frustration to the max.

on 5/26/2015 8:58:00 AM

I really like this product. I find it very moisturizing and easy to use. The product itself is quite thin in consistancy but I find that it makes it easy to blend in. I just use my fingers to apply just as I would using a face cream. The coverage is light but its enough for my fair complexion. Keep in mind it is not a foundation, it is a tinted beauty balm. I love using it in summer and when I go on tropical vacations because it feels light and natural. It does't feel stickey and heavy on the face. It gives a nice light dewey finish which you can easily tone down with a pressed powder if you prefer. I love the fact it has SPF. I have repurchased this product and will again.

on 5/20/2015 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this a while ago and it was quite good, it doesn't look too cake but then after awhile my face broke out in acne and my face has never been the same. i have a slight sensitive skin but that wasn't a problem for me for a while but now its really showing. Not sure if i should buy again..... ://

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this a while ago, and I quite enjoyed it, it gave light/medium coverage (on a scale of 1 to 10 on coverage, it was a 3.5) and it made my skin look nice. But, I noticed that whenever I used it, I broke out in acne. It wasnt severe but it made my face look very textured and it wasnt the most pleasant.

It also had a pinky undertone so watch out for that.

on 5/10/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I tried a sample of this so I'm not speaking from prolonged experience but I wanted to share my experience in case anyone needed help finding their match. I have dehydrated-normal skin and I found this applied easily enough without emphasizing dry patches.

I tried the light-medium and on my skin which is about NC30 in depth it was a bit too light and too pink. The medium would probably be a good match for me, but since the undertones are off I have not bothered pursuing it further. Coverage-wise, it is light coverage and on par with Asian BB creams (about the same coverage and color as Skin79 Hot Pink) but the finish is not as dewy.