E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator

4.4

Sugar, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Aspartame, Fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really really love this stuff! In fact, I used it tonight and my lips are so so smooth. I love how it comes shaped like a lipstick. Personally, I find I can get a lot more dead skin off with this type of application rather than using my fingers with another type of scrub. The packaging is also super sleek. Like a lot of people have mentioned, when you first use it, it feels like there's a balm alongside the granules but eventually, it wears off. Without it, it feels a little too rough on the lips but, if I add some lip balm on my lips before hand, the problem is solved. And it's not that much of an inconvenience for me considering I finish this off with more lip balm anyways. I'll be getting more when this runs out, for sure!

I have very dry, chapped lips. Especially now, since I have a bad cold. So I tried this for the first time. It didn't work the first time because it was dried out. But thanks to reviews here, I peeled off the top layer (with my fingernail--not sanitary, but effective) and rubbed it on my lips. It actually kind of hurt, and really didn't do much. It also smelled unpleasant (I have the unscented, original version). I would try the mint one just because it's $3, but I can't say I see what the fuss is about.

I liked this at first, but the stick dried out completely within 3-4 weeks. It's kind of useless now.

But when I first got it, it worked great. It is unlike any other lip product I'd ever tried. This is a hard, gritty, abrasive stick that just scrubs the dead chapped skin right off. The scrubby bits are made of sugar grains, and any that get left behind just dissolve away by themselves.

Long story short, this stuff works. Until the product dries out.

It only costs a few dollars but it didn't even last a month for me. So I don't plan to buy this again unfortunately.

I have only tried two products by E.L.F. so far, the lip exfoliator and their lash primer. I was underwhelmed by both and probably won't be exploring this brand in the future.

This is a great and affordable lip exfoliator. The packaging is good, the quality of the product is exactly what I want, and it smells good. Use a little bit of chapstick on your lips and then use this, wiping off after with a tissue or your hand, for the best results. Can't beat the price and the results.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on the fence about this product. I'm going to try some of the suggestions on how to use from here at Makeupalley. For many years I was using the Mary Kay lip exfoliating scrub that comes in a tube and then you use a lip gloss afterwards. It's actually a lip mask. Anyway, this product is pretty good because it has actual sugar and it does a pretty good job of exfoliating. I like that it comes in a convenient lipstick format. It was only $3.00 so it's a bit cheap and that's why I'm a bit undecided on how I feel about it. If you're not careful, you can break the thing in half! It's that hard. Also, you have to scrape off the top layer from time to time to get it to work. Otherwise the scrubbers aren't really doing anything. For the price, it's fine and I heard ELF is coming out with other lip exfoliators, so I'll probably give it ago again after I use this one up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is such a wonderful product! I've been looking for something like this for a while. There's other products and scrubs that are very fancy and essentially do the same thing. This is only $3 and it makes your lips feel amazing! Definitely worth it!

I didn't like this that much when I first bought it. The texture didn't seem to do much exfoliating and I was just kind of gliding it on my lips to no effect. But after leaving it in my humid bathroom for a while it has softened up and really does its job now! I have very dry lips with lots of dead skin. I use this product in circular motions all over my lips and I can see and feel the dead skin coming off! Afterwards my lips are smoother and because they're properly exfoliated lip balm actually does its job! Very pleased with this.

I haven't encountered the stick breaking yet, but I am very careful with it because I'm aware of this problem.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

While you can always make your own home-made lip exfoliator, this one is a lot more convenient and last a pretty long time. You have to be careful to not push the product all the way out and rub it too hard on your lips, it has a gritty texture so it's easy for it to break. Overall, this is a nice product and excellent value for your money.

It took me a while to talk myself into buying this and I'm so glad I did! At first, it wasn't doing anything for me because all the gritty stuff was under the top layer but I used a piece of dental floss and kind of shaved the top ( if that makes sense?) and now its perfect! I kind of run it under water for a second, rub around my lips and few times then use a wet cotton ball to wipe it off. I then apply either Blistex medicated or Lypsil. My lips are so smooth and they don't hurt from being chapped. Will definitely be repurchasing when I run out!

So I literally JUST opened it and used it and the lipstick split at the bottom.
The packaging is sleek and cute, looks like a lipstick, and the product is great!
I thought since I use sugar and honey at home i wouldn't need one but this one has other oils that make it smooth and it works very well, nice smell almost like cocoa or chirstmas! BUT I LITERALLY USED IT ONCE AND IT BROKE! It is 3 dollars so I am not upset at all, but it is going to be a struggle to use. Great for lips but beware!!

Popular Lip Treatments