E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator

4.5

Sugar, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Aspartame, Fragrance.

on 2/28/2015 1:43:00 PM

I decided to try this after hearing some raves about this.
It is not a bad product, but to me I think I would rather just do a DIY scrub of honey and brown sugar and put that mixture in an empty container. But I suppose the convenience of this might be nice..

To me, the 'granules' or exfoliating beads, are pretty sparse. But even so, it still left lips kind of painful, and my lips are not that 'bad' right now. I followed the directions and applied in a circular motion (which felt odd to use a lip product in a circular motion, esp bc my lips are not large, they are quite thin), and I kept applying, not feeling many 'granules' at all. That said, there still must be "something" in here besides the granules that you can actually feel that do the exfoliating. But even though the granules are sparse, somehow it still feels quite rough on the lips - as in to me, it was uncomfortably rough, even a tad painful. So I could not imagine using this if I really did need a scrub. My lips were not severely rough or dry or chapped when I tried this, and I am glad, because the rough-ness would have been very painful, I would imagine. Then it says to use a wet cloth to rub off and follow up with a balm or gloss to protect. You will definitely need a balm or gloss, because it is that rough and basically leaves your lips literally "stripped" of any moisture.

But again, especially if money were an issue, I would rather use a DIY lip scrub of brown sugar and honey. You can control how 'rough' it is and it is more natural, no chemicals. Not sure of the ingredients on this, but I am sure there is something not as natural as basic brown sugar and honey. ;)

All in all it is not a 'bad' product, but I would not recommend this for severely dry or chapped or cracked lips, as it could be quite painful and possibly further the problem. I might recommend this as a maintenance lip scrub if you have in-shape lips that are not currently dry nor chapped, but not to 'correct' an existing problem.

on 2/25/2015 12:25:00 AM

man this is a tough little tube of lip exfoliation, so effective and cheap, feels wonderful applying

on 2/24/2015 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is so amazing that I'm currently looking at my backup of it sitting on my desk. Every morning if my lips are feeling dry, I'll lick them slightly, then run this over them until they're smooth. The roughness does take a little getting used to, but now I love it! It smells sweet but not sickeningly so, and a tissue run over my lips afterwards gets any leftover bits off. If you ever enjoy wearing mattes, you NEED this in your life.

The $3 price tag, for me, just sealed the deal. It lasts forever, and it'll quickly reach HG status.

on 2/14/2015 7:21:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. It is like having a lip balm and a sugar scrub in one convenient, lipstick-shaped form. You can probably make something similar by putting some vaseline on your finger and dipping it in coarse/raw brown sugar to scrub the dead skin off your lips. The convenience of this product is undeniable though. The package is very good quality (although the cap is not very tight on mine). The bullet goes all the way down the tube. The product itself is very "sturdy", it can take a fair amount of pressure as you vigorously scrub your lips. It has a very pleasant sweet taste. The "sugar/scrubber" particles are quite large, and may feel a bit harsh/painful/uncomfortable at first. I use this almost daily before I go to bed. The balm that is left on the lips is quite thick, and I can still feel some of it on in the morning.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Brought this recently. I love it. As a severe lip picker (unfortunately a bad habbit I have had for years.) I pick at anything that is lose on my lips. I use this every morning when I wake up, I brush my teeth and wash it off. I then wash my face and put on lipbalm. My lips are smooth for the whole day and it prevents me picking!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Feel like eating it! I love the sugar and sweet sensation. It also does a good job in exfoliating my lips. My lips aren't really flaky tho'.
The packaging looks like a lipstick, quite premium. Absolutely will repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is absolutely genius. I have tried a million methods of exfoliating my lips and nothing works as great as this. I have tried using a wash cloth, tooth brush, LUSH exfoliating sugar scrub (which used to be my favorite but is much too messy and it expires very quickly). This is very inexpensive I think I got it for a couple bucks and it works like a dream. All you do is gently massage it on your lips like you're putting lipstick on a voila `all your dead skin is gone! I just wipe off my lips with a baby wipe to get the dead skin and my lips are brand new. I highly recommend this!

on 2/8/2015 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this doesn't work quite as well as an exfoliating scrub for your lips, but it is SO much more convenient. it does a pretty good job of "scraping" away dead skin and kind of has a coffe/chocolatey smell. the price is amazing as well, i would definitely recommend it during the winter months.

on 2/8/2015 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It's the first exfoliating product I have ever used so hardly would I recognize it as an excellent one or make a comparison with others or recommend it to anybody. It did make my lips smoother and remove all dead lip skin so I assume it works. Its packaging, smell and taste are good. However, generally, the product didn't impress me enough to buy it again.

on 2/4/2015 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product is awesome. It is extremely convenient since it comes in a lipstick form and it's not soft, so no concern about it breaking. It is not messy. It does a great job exfoliating, however, I would advise to moisten your lips as it says prior to using just don't make them too wet because then it doesn't work as well, kind of just slides across your lips. And for only $3 this is a complete steal!

Popular Lip Treatments