December 22, 2014 | 1779 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Romantic

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh. This is okay.
Looking at pictures others have posted of this, it looks really nice, but it doesn't work for me.
Firstly, it's drying. It's a balm but on my lips, once this has dried it slowly sucks the moisture out of my lips until they start to get crusty near the inner parts. Not cute.
There's also the colour. What gives?! Mine has barely any pigmentation. My lips are naturally nearly unpigmented. I put this on and there's only a slight difference in colour. I swatched it on my hand, and still just a sheer wash of brick red. On the bright side, when it starts wearing off it looks like MLBB! (And then it starts making my lips chapped...)
Not going to repurchase this. Maybe in other shades (I HIGHLY recommend Sweetheart, it's beautiful) but Romantic... I'm sorry, there's no love between us.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by chrystiannam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My lips easily dry out so which means I can't use most lipsticks or stains. This is one of the few moisturising balms that actually work for me and is my absolute favourite lip product!! It has a really nice finish that has lasting moisture all day.

I'm always on a search for the "perfect red" and this is the closest I've gotten. It's a nice dark blue-red that is not too bright and the stain lasts all day with very few re-applications.

It's also really easy to apply - rub a bit on like you would a normal balm and you're good to go. The colour doesn't bleed and you can use it as a lip liner/definer if you've got more patience then me.

Only downside is the Revlon logo rubbed off really quickly and the lid doesn't sit on as tightly as other similar balms I have from other brands. I suppose they are able to offer a cheap balm by making cheap packaging - but this is in no way a reflection of the actual product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

Love this. Was looking for a wearable, daytime red and I found it. I love matte red lipsticks for night but I wanted something that would be less maintenance and easier to touch up. Romantic is a perfect tomato red, which pulls slightly warm but not orangey. It's super easy to apply, doesn't feather, and does leave a nice hint of a reddish stain behind. "Just bitten" is a very appropriate name for this one. I like to retouch it every couple of hours for glossiness but I think the stain would stay for an hour or so longer if I didn't. Love the packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by kintyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Really love this balmstain, itís a beautiful and very wearable neutral red, neither too pink or orange but just right. You can layer up for opacity or swipe some on for a flush of colour. Lasts about 3.5hr with light snacking and drinking then it wears away but the edges remain; this is not as bad as reapplication allows for easy blending into what was leftover from initial application.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by bowie1995

First of all, I love these stains in general. They're so awesome because they give you color with shine until the shine inevitably comes off and you're left with a legit stain. With that said, the color your lips get stained is going to be much lighter than the color you start with. Your lips will be kissed gently with color, not saturated. So if you're someone coming from the likes of Sephora or Stila lip stains (liquid lipsticks), then you'll be disappointed. I used to love stains like that until my lips decided to go all Mojave desert on me and looked disgusting after a couple hours. Now about the color, this red is definitely a bright, koolaid-esque shade. The stain ends up being like an orange-ish light red. It is really pretty but I personally don't like it on me. If you like the color, get it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Brenda1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first red worn on my lips!! It does have a moisturizing effect on my lips. 1 single application is able to last me about 4 hours. I make it a point to re-apply every 4-5 hours to moisturise my lips. The only bad thing about this product is that the it is a little bulky as compared to a normal lipstick. Nonetheless, I will still continue to purchase this product for its colour-staying ability.

Will be trying out other colours soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by WinterisComing9

Being on the darker side I was worried this would look a little weird on me bc I always thought fairer girls were only able to pull off a bright lip but this color makes me hush my mouth. I loved the way this looked on me as so did my friends who usually only see e in plum and berry tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by HSMakeup

I love this! So easy to use, great colour and I love the mint scent. Staying power isn't that great though. About 1-2hrs.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by janehazel

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love it!it very adaptable-worn over a red pencil(outline and fill-in using pencil)and follow with this terrific Balm Stain and you gave a perfect red lip!Used alone its a red gloss!Best of both worlds.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by drawingasquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my current go-to red lip product; I've been wearing it several days a week.

Firstly, the Revlon Balm Stain formula is awesome. I love that there is a bit of a balmy feel to the product at first and that even as it wears away, a red stain remains. I typically drink a fair amount of coffee and water over the course of the day, and even through that, the color stays true. I'll touch up if I eat a meal, but I usually don't have to much. I will say that lately I've been wearing this with a primer to add extra staying power and to keep the color from feathering. (After a long day, I usually find that my favorite bold lipsticks feather, but I don't often wear a lip liner, so there's that.) This doesn't dry my lips out too much, but it's easy to apply a lip balm on top.

I also really like the crayon packaging. It makes the product super easy to apply -- I just line my lips and fill them in. The color is also beautiful, what I'd consider a true red. The packaging is an accurate reflection of the shade that will show up on your lips. As others have mentioned, the color is easy to build, so it doesn't have to be super opaque, but that does tend to be my favorite way to wear it.

Overall, it's a great product at an excellent price that I would definitely repurchase. Mine never leaves my purse.