April 24, 2014 | 730 users online

BB Cream - Christian Dior - Hydra Life BB Creme

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by adelikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a high end western BB cream with a higher coverage than most western BB creams. There is only one shade, and unlike Asian BB creams, the shade is much darker and somewhat orange tint. I do find the BB cream to oxide quiet a bit.

I purchased this about two weeks ago and I have come to the conclusion that I cannot make it work for my skin. Although, I love the coverage that it gives, it is too dark for my skin. On my medium-fair skin, it makes it look like I have a bad tan.

I do like the packaging of the product though. It is sanitary and portable. The pump gives out a small amount, so I need about two pumps for my face. I also like that this product does not have a scent, or at least to me.

The other downside of this product to me is the lasting power. I find this transfers onto clothes easily and also turns oily in about an hour, even on my combination skin. Now that it is getting warmer, it melts somewhat, and nothing is worse then a melty orange face. I have tried many different primers and powders with this, and yet it still won't last.

As for application, I find a flat top kabuki works best for me. I've tried my fingers, a stippling brush, and a beauty blender, but they don't work as well.

Honestly, when I first apply this, its gorgeous. I look flawless. I would suggest this to someone with drier skin and a medium skin tone and yellow undertones.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by missmaggie

I love this and I love everything about this!! I got it as a sample when I went to Sephora, I told the girl I was interested in trying out some BB Creams and this was one of the samples I got. As soon as I tried it I fell in love! For me, it had great coverage and it makes my skin so soft, it does give off a nice dewy finish and Im not gonna lie I LOVE the scent. Asides from everything else I liked about it after I washed it off from the first day of wearing it my skin stayed soft!!! I have no complaints and no regrets about this product and its worth every cent :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by msfrost

My mom stole this from me :( lol I showed her this product because I wanted to complain about it giving me a yellow tone, and she tested it on her skin, and kind of never returned it and thanked me so much for it.... so yeah, it's hers now, I guess. :P

The texture is creamy, slightly liquid, very easy to blend. I don't detect any smell (though I mostly never do), and it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. The packaging is a plastic tube with a pump, so clever and practical! Great for travel, great for controlling how much product you're using, and it keeps it clean. Alas, my only concern is the color. My skin is warm and I thought this would look alright, but this looks too yellow on me! I make it work with some powder and contouring, but on its own it looks wrong. A shame, since I wanted a bb cream for wearing on its own when I didn't feel like doing my makeup, and I haven't found a tinted moisturizer I like... Then again, my mom has the type of skin that looks as if she's blushing all the time, and this looks perfect on her. It gives her enough coverage to even out her skin tone, but not enough coverage to feel heavy or "makeupy" (she hates wearing foundation)

So, I'll give it 4 lippies because it's a GREAT product, but they should come up with more than one shade :( It's so unfair...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm lucky that this BB Cream suits my skin color perfectly. It delivers an amazing coverage for a BB Cream and has a good SPF protection. The finish is very dewy so depending on your skin type you may need to powder.

I think this is mostly for normal to dry types. This doesn't provide oil control at all, which is okay because the specifications never said it controls oils. Is very moisturizing so I get oily very quick and need to blot at least once each hour. The good thing is that this is so pigmented that I don't need to reapply no matter how many times I blot.

To be honest, this has helped me a lot with my skin, I believe the skin care products it contains have made a huge difference. I tend to get compliments when I wear this, no matter if I'm oily my skin looks amazing. My only complaint is that it sets on my very large pores. My nose needs coverage because I have redness on the sides, however I must need the thinnest layer of this because it sets in my pores and looks horrid. That's why I'm on the fence with this product. Is too expensive and it sets on my pores. L'Oreal Magique BB Cream doesn't set on my pores and is way cheaper but it lacks the skin care this Dior BB Cream delivers.

I may be tempted to buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Kcalbkay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEST FOR FLAWLESS COVERAGE!!!!

-This works amazingly for my highly reactive redness that I have on my face. I am currently trying to find a cheaper BB cream for traveling since I defiantly DO NOT want to lose this BB cream. Sadly, I cannot seem to find a BB cream with any comparable coverage to this BB cream so far.. :(

-I think some people may find this BB cream to be too "heavy and feel like a mask" on their skin because they are not applying it correctly. I found that this BB cream applys best with a airbrush, buffing brush to achieve a nearly flawless complexion without the cakey mess.
THIS IS A VERY THICK, HEAVY COVERAGE BB CREAM, THUS LESS IS MORE. With a buffing brush ( I use Sephora's #56 PRO flawless airbrush), I put about 1 pump of the bb cream on my hand and then dot it all around my face (focusing on the problem areas, cheeks) and then buff the bb cream into my skin. I then go over some areas that need more coverage. This has worked exactly like a foundation for me since it has such good coverage.
When i first tested this out at Sephora with a makeup consultant, I did find that it was a little cakey around my chin and side of my nose (where all foundation cakes for me). Everyone has a different way off applying this, but always apply lightly and build to avoid cakeyness. (lol)

-I must say that there is only one "shade", so darker or lighter complexions may not be able to use this. I also do find that I tend to get oily after about 6 hrs, but blotting papers do the trick and I don't get oily after.
-This does have a RADIANT FINISH, do matte lovers may not like this. I also tend to find it a bit TOO radiant when first applied, so I just dust some powder (physicians formula) and its fine. The result is a natural, glowing face that makes me look like I have "perfect skin". I mean "perfect" as in not supermodel fake skin that they use to promote products, but healthy looking skin. It'll make people think 'boy does she have GREAT SKIN!' rather than 'What a cake face! She looks like a wax model!"

-I must also say that I was surprised at how much coverage this BB cream gave me. BUT, my main reason for a BB cream is to cover very heavy hyper pigmentation and redness ( i am Very prone to flare ups), and not acne or scaring. I do find that it covers any redness from blemishes but does not conceal like a concealer (obviously since concealing is not its main purpose).
As a COMPARISON REVLON COLORSTAY, defiantly better on my sensitive, highly reactive skin. I tried the version for dry skin (which i have), but it didnt really show up at all on my face, It was like a tinted mosturizer (burn..... and im sorry for saying).
*"WHY YA GOTTA HATE!?!?!" you say?
Its just not for me coverage (just sunk into my skin and didnt show up really) and gentleness on my skin wise (made redness appear more).

The only big problem with this product is not with the actual content, but the price itself.
$$$$$ 56 $$$$$$!!!!
AIN'T NOBODY GOT THE TIME (and money) TO PAY THAT MUCH!!!!!

I do find that for the quality, it is worth it though.

It probably can be easily at least $10-25 cheaper if the label DIOR was not there. This is the only complain that I have.

ON A GOOD NOTE, since this BB cream is so heavy with coverage, using less will make the product last quite long. It also contains 1.7 fl oz, which is more than a standard foundation.

PROs:
- AWESOME COVERAGE!!!!!! (I mostly look at redness control after immediate application and after flareups)
- very moisturizing
- stays all day (BETTER THAN EVERY FOUNDATION I HAVE TRIED!!!! etc. Estee lauder double wear, clinque redness solutions, MUFE HD, UD naked foundation)
- does not irritate (etc. Estee Lauder stung on face)
-radiant glow (Very natural, may be TOO radiant but nothing powder wont fix)
- little to no scent

CONS:
- $$$PRICE$$$
$56 is A LOT, i know, but how much product you get and how little you need to use (and as well as the quality) makes up for it. Its mostly since its from DIOR so any brand name will guarantee a price boost.

Overall
BEST COVERAGE BB CREAM FOR REDNESS AND UNEVEN SKIN TONES.

*on a side note, everyone has their own SPECIFIC BB CREAM TO FIT THEIR OWN NEEDS. Weather you need it for redness or acne coverage, or just a light, lazy product where little time is needed to application, everyone's qualities of a BB cream are different.
I would suggest going to a makeup place (like sephora) and find a consultant that you KNOW AND TRUST and tell them your concerns and what you want to conceal.

*EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT REASON FOR WEARING MAKEUP, THAT'S WHY THEIR ARE DIFFERENT TYPES AND BRANDS SO PEOPLE CAN FIND THEIR MATCH TO MEET THEIR NEEDS (sorry for shouting lol but I have to get that across).
Try testing out different BB creams to find the best one for you, EVERY BB CREAM HAS ITS OWN PURPOSE, so almost none are too similar. ALL claim to do similar "miracles", but all are focused to help with a certain problem.
If all BB creams worked the same, WHY WOULD THEIR BE MULTIPLE BRANDS???

All BB creams work differently when it comes down to it. Yah so this BB cream may not work for you, so be patient, and experiment a little with other brands and who knows, maybe you'll find your perfect match.

;)

Thx for reading my SUPER long review and I appreciate it if you stuck it out to the end and read this! I may be a young teen, but I hope this is informative and sorry if some facts might not be accurate! Just based off what I know, thanks!

:D

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by mbcccix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My initial reaction to this was that it was very runny. However, when I applied it to my skin, it matched my skin beautifully and blended well. I am a MAC NC30. It also has a nice, clean scent. My routine is that I apply the bb cream with clean fingers and set with MAC mineralize skinfinish powder.

I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a nice bb cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by ZinaSuha

I was surprised to find this to be a little too dark for my skin tone(NC20) , it makes my skin look orange/tanned. having said that, when I have worn it the texture and feel of it on my skin was so good and it did cover all the imperfections on my skin! Shame I can't use it, would have been perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by riceboxes

I have tried three different Korean BB creams and every single one of them have failed me.

This, however, has become a staple in my makeup collection.

This BB cream provides medium coverage, has beneficial skin care properties (just like the original Korean BB creams), and has a high SPF level.

I also find that this is AMAZING at controlling oils on my very oily skin. Even better than makeup forever's HD foundation (which is also a HG foundation for me).

This comes in only one shade, and it's more catered towards people with medium yellow skin. So if you are anywhere between an NC25-NC40 you're probably safe with this. I'm NC30-35 and this blends right into my skin.

Definitely recommend this, definitely gonna repurchase. LOVE!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Dianaphamfatale

This product was given to me as a Christmas present from my boyfriend (after much nagging). I spent a while searching for the right BB cream. I didn't trust the original and traditional bb creams made by Korean or other Asian companies due to the poor regulation they have when it comes to harmful products in their make ups. Also, being an Asian woman but Westernised, I didn't want any bb creams that had whitening properties in it. Dior suited my skin in comparison to Bobby Brown (which was thick and grey).

On first impressions, Dior seems to work nicely - it's soft and dewy and leaves a nice glow. However, come 2 -3 hours later, and it feels horrible on your face. It feels heavy and it makes your skin very very oily. You definitely need a really good powder to set this. To be honest, for a product so damn expensive, $85, it should last longer than 2 -3 hours.

It really makes your skin feel horrible. I have been getting compliments whenever I wear it, but generally, if you're paying high, you should reap the rewards.

EDIT: THIS MADE ME BREAK OUT LIKE CRAAAZY.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Bilz

I absolutely love love love this bb cream. Even though it only comes in one colour I have to say the match is perfect for me. I don't see how this would suit pale skin. It is very long wearing. the only downfall is the price.