November 29, 2014 | 1187 users online

Liquid - Almay - Wake-up liquid foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by georgia21

There are six shades, and I have Naked (030), a shade in the middle of the selection. I apply the foundation with a sponge. It blends easily and provides very light to light coverage. Unfortunately, it seems to make my dry skin look and feel more dry after it's been on a few hours so I no longer use it. The foundation comes in a sanitary pump dispenser.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by pengworm

I am writing this review through tears. Last night I bought this foundation on clearance at target for less than four dollars. I've been on the hunt for a new foundation and anytime I see something my color this cheap I figure I might as well go for it. I also was excited that it was Almay since supposedly it's good for sensitive skin right? Um not so much.

I just put this on after putting on my moisturizer and letting that sit for awhile first. I started blending this in and noticed instantly that it made my non oily face look greasy. I also noticed that it covered nothing. I don't need super heavy coverage but what's the point of wearing foundation if it does nothing? I knew that this stuff was not going to work for me and thought maybe I'd just see if I could build it up to get better coverage instead of taking it off and starting over. Well right about then my eyes starting burning and watering terribly. I actually had to have one of my kids get my makeup wipes for me because my eyes were burning and watering so badly I couldn't see out of them. I wiped the makeup off and hear I sit eyes still stinging and watering.

I have NEVER had a foundation do this to my eyes. I put it on normally it's not like I rubbed it on my eyeballs or anything! I didn't do anything different then I do every day so it has to be the makeup. I always wear the moisturizer first that I put on so I know it wasn't that. I do tend to get watery eyes pretty often but only when I do my eye makeup and never do my eyes burn.

I will be taking this back to Target for sure. Thank god I bought it from a place that will allow me to return it. Normally I'd keep a foundation that was less than four dollars and make it work but there is just no way with this stuff. Now I'm stuck needing to go out and my eyes are red and I look crazy! Thanks Almay.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by BlueBabyDoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an ok foundation I guess. It could be better, it could be worse. I wanted to like it but there's just something off about it.
The worst thing about it is that it clings to dry patches that I wasn't even aware of. My skin is usually semi oily, so the fact that I had dry patches and it's not even winter was odd. The foundation blends in pretty nicely other than that.
The wear time is nothing special. Without a skin primer it doesn't last for more than 4 hours I'd say. And it is not sweat proof in any way shape or form. It starts to settle into lines maybe an hour after you first apply so I had to resmooth it.
I don't have much else to say about it. It's so middle of the road. I've had worse, and definitely had better. Meh. Would not buy again.

UPDATE 10/15/2013: I tried mixing this with Revlon Color Stay (the original not the whipped) and it works a LOT better. Before mixing these two foundations I disliked both of them. The almay one for the reasons stated in the first part of my review, and the color stay because it was thick, fake looking, hard to blend. I liked it at first, but started to hate it when I began noticing how fake it looked.
But, I've found that mixing these two, makes them both wearable. The almay sheers the color stay out, and the color stay increases the staying power of the almay. I doubt I'll repurchase either of these when they run out, but at least I can make them work for me until then.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate this stuff. I bought the lighest color they make and it's WAY too dark for me. All it did was make my face look dirty. I guess I could mix it in with a lighter color but why bother since I really don't care for the formula that much anyway.

I like the packaging with the pump, but that's all I like about it. I tossed this in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by graciem4298

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Foundation is a must-have make-up product. It brightens your face, reduces redness and easily can change your appearance from drab to fab (like any make-up)! So it's very important- and sometimes the product isn't even the problem! However, in this case, it very well could be. I got a shade too light, and maybe I would've liked it more if I had picked the right color, however, there were not many options. So I had my hopes very high, I even went to 2 different stores out of my way just to get it. And need I add that the coverage is weak-ish. I got this after I had used Revlon Colorstay and I missed having a pump. But I would take a no pump, all-day, full coverage foundation over a light coverage, pump, drying foundation that only lasts for 2-4 hours! understand everyone has their oponions, but I think this foundation is much better suited for the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by itcouldrain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually like this foundation and I'm extremely picky. Seems like most of the negative comments are coming from the sparkles which I didn't even notice.

The coverage is medium maybe on the light/medium side. It looks very nice and natural and hydrated very well. However it is important to apply a good amount of powder on top to really set it as it does wear off and get a bit oily. But other than that I really liked it and I think it looks really natural and clean even with the powder on top.

The only reason I said I would not purchace again is because I usually never buy the same foundation twice because I like to try new ones.

TL;DR - i like it! looks natural, cor matched perfect, light/medium coverage, definitely apply a powder to set, though!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by eMruss20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was a bit sceptical to try this product given the reviews on here, but I was pleasantly surprised! I find it goes on well and blends easily. I use Ll'oreal translucide loose power to set it and it looks fantastic!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought it because they were out of my shade of Neutrogena Healthy Skins and I wanted something with SPF. This is not amazing, but it is not bad either. Nice match on the skin color and not too pink. I do need concealer, but that is a given. It's not heavy coverage and no wakeup effect. I do notice a shimmer in some lights. Other than that I haven't had any problems. Goes on easy with a brush or with hands and I don't use nearly as much, as I was with Neutrogena or have problems getting it out of the bottle. It's not for days I need heavy coverage.

UPDATE: Does seem to break me out. Doesn't wear that well over time but what does. I am going to toss this. Not loving the sparkles or nor did it wear that well on me. Looks a bit caky as the day goes on and wears off.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by vm1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Almay products used to suck when I was younger. Now they have a broader spectrum and A bit better quality products. I like how it matches my skin tone perfectly but it doesn't really blend in very well. It makes my face look oily and it even makes it feel oily. I also didn't like that it has some sort of shimmer to it. Glittery foundation does not suit well with me. I like the coverage though. I only use it as a primer for my next liquid make-up and my powder. It really helps make-up stay and last longer. The make-up by itself doesn't look too good, but it sure helps to use it with others. i definitely would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by booda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am typically a fan of Almay foundations - they offer good shades for my skintone, don't break me out, and I'm not allergic to them.

It does have a slight shimmer - so I like to wear it in the evening. It's not so shimmery that I feel silly looking. I'm in my mid 40's & I don't feel like I'm wearing a 20-something's makeup.

It's winter now & my skin has a tendency to get flaky. This makeup does emphasize flakes somewhat, but not horribly. I think this will be a great summer foundation.

I'll probably buy it again in a darker shade for summer, or at least mix to shades together. I chose Buff - the next darker shade was sold out.