September 2, 2014 | 1020 users online

Liquid - Almay - Wake-up liquid foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate this stuff. I bought the lighest color they make and it's WAY too dark for me. All it did was make my face look dirty. I guess I could mix it in with a lighter color but why bother since I really don't care for the formula that much anyway.

I like the packaging with the pump, but that's all I like about it. I tossed this in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by graciem4298

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Foundation is a must-have make-up product. It brightens your face, reduces redness and easily can change your appearance from drab to fab (like any make-up)! So it's very important- and sometimes the product isn't even the problem! However, in this case, it very well could be. I got a shade too light, and maybe I would've liked it more if I had picked the right color, however, there were not many options. So I had my hopes very high, I even went to 2 different stores out of my way just to get it. And need I add that the coverage is weak-ish. I got this after I had used Revlon Colorstay and I missed having a pump. But I would take a no pump, all-day, full coverage foundation over a light coverage, pump, drying foundation that only lasts for 2-4 hours! understand everyone has their oponions, but I think this foundation is much better suited for the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by itcouldrain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually like this foundation and I'm extremely picky. Seems like most of the negative comments are coming from the sparkles which I didn't even notice.

The coverage is medium maybe on the light/medium side. It looks very nice and natural and hydrated very well. However it is important to apply a good amount of powder on top to really set it as it does wear off and get a bit oily. But other than that I really liked it and I think it looks really natural and clean even with the powder on top.

The only reason I said I would not purchace again is because I usually never buy the same foundation twice because I like to try new ones.

TL;DR - i like it! looks natural, cor matched perfect, light/medium coverage, definitely apply a powder to set, though!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by eMruss20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was a bit sceptical to try this product given the reviews on here, but I was pleasantly surprised! I find it goes on well and blends easily. I use Ll'oreal translucide loose power to set it and it looks fantastic!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought it because they were out of my shade of Neutrogena Healthy Skins and I wanted something with SPF. This is not amazing, but it is not bad either. Nice match on the skin color and not too pink. I do need concealer, but that is a given. It's not heavy coverage and no wakeup effect. I do notice a shimmer in some lights. Other than that I haven't had any problems. Goes on easy with a brush or with hands and I don't use nearly as much, as I was with Neutrogena or have problems getting it out of the bottle. It's not for days I need heavy coverage.

UPDATE: Does seem to break me out. Doesn't wear that well over time but what does. I am going to toss this. Not loving the sparkles or nor did it wear that well on me. Looks a bit caky as the day goes on and wears off.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by vm1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Almay products used to suck when I was younger. Now they have a broader spectrum and A bit better quality products. I like how it matches my skin tone perfectly but it doesn't really blend in very well. It makes my face look oily and it even makes it feel oily. I also didn't like that it has some sort of shimmer to it. Glittery foundation does not suit well with me. I like the coverage though. I only use it as a primer for my next liquid make-up and my powder. It really helps make-up stay and last longer. The make-up by itself doesn't look too good, but it sure helps to use it with others. i definitely would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by booda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am typically a fan of Almay foundations - they offer good shades for my skintone, don't break me out, and I'm not allergic to them.

It does have a slight shimmer - so I like to wear it in the evening. It's not so shimmery that I feel silly looking. I'm in my mid 40's & I don't feel like I'm wearing a 20-something's makeup.

It's winter now & my skin has a tendency to get flaky. This makeup does emphasize flakes somewhat, but not horribly. I think this will be a great summer foundation.

I'll probably buy it again in a darker shade for summer, or at least mix to shades together. I chose Buff - the next darker shade was sold out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by helenrena22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I gave this make up a two because of various reasons.
First of all. it smells SO bad. When you apply the makeuo you can literally SMELL it off of you. Second of all, it has like NO coverage what so ever and does not blend in easy at all. The whole "wake up" thing is most definatly not true, I havent had any 'wake up' effect what so ever either. Also, It caused my skin to break out and made my face look oily.On top of that, it doesnt stay on more then maybe 4 hours before it fades away and it creates little balls. The only good thing about this makeup is the color, it matched my skin very well. This product was okay when it came to price, but with the quality it might as well be 50 cent. Lastly, the packaging is a pump glass container, which makes it difficult to get every last bit of it. It is also heavy and can be un sanitary if you dont clean the pump. Overall, i dont like this product AT ALL.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by JessicaSugarplum

This stuff is terrible and is definitely far from hypoallergenic. I used it for about a week, and that was a week too long. The first time I used it my eyes started watering right way, but I thought maybe my contacts were just bugging me. After a week of use I had a rash on my face and as soon as I switched back to Almay's TLC foundation it went away. I gave it to my step sister and it also made her eyes water and her skin isn't even sensitive. She was smarter and stopped using it after that one use. Also, the coverage is very patchy. I didn't notice all the shimmer like others have said or a weird scent either, but it doesn't matter because I would never buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by regang

I was looking at this product in the store for a very long time before I went to buy it. I really wanted to like this foundation but its horrible.

Cons-
doesn't last
little to no coverage
brings out my undereye circles
SPARKLES that make skin look super oily and digusting

Pro-
the pump on this foundation gives the perfect amount