April 18, 2014 | 573 users online

Liquid - Almay - Wake-up liquid foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought it because they were out of my shade of Neutrogena Healthy Skins and I wanted something with SPF. This is not amazing, but it is not bad either. Nice match on the skin color and not too pink. I do need concealer, but that is a given. It's not heavy coverage and no wakeup effect. I do notice a shimmer in some lights. Other than that I haven't had any problems. Goes on easy with a brush or with hands and I don't use nearly as much, as I was with Neutrogena or have problems getting it out of the bottle. It's not for days I need heavy coverage.

UPDATE: Does seem to break me out. Doesn't wear that well over time but what does. I am going to toss this. Not loving the sparkles or nor did it wear that well on me. Looks a bit caky as the day goes on and wears off.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by vm1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Almay products used to suck when I was younger. Now they have a broader spectrum and A bit better quality products. I like how it matches my skin tone perfectly but it doesn't really blend in very well. It makes my face look oily and it even makes it feel oily. I also didn't like that it has some sort of shimmer to it. Glittery foundation does not suit well with me. I like the coverage though. I only use it as a primer for my next liquid make-up and my powder. It really helps make-up stay and last longer. The make-up by itself doesn't look too good, but it sure helps to use it with others. i definitely would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by booda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am typically a fan of Almay foundations - they offer good shades for my skintone, don't break me out, and I'm not allergic to them.

It does have a slight shimmer - so I like to wear it in the evening. It's not so shimmery that I feel silly looking. I'm in my mid 40's & I don't feel like I'm wearing a 20-something's makeup.

It's winter now & my skin has a tendency to get flaky. This makeup does emphasize flakes somewhat, but not horribly. I think this will be a great summer foundation.

I'll probably buy it again in a darker shade for summer, or at least mix to shades together. I chose Buff - the next darker shade was sold out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by helenrena22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I gave this make up a two because of various reasons.
First of all. it smells SO bad. When you apply the makeuo you can literally SMELL it off of you. Second of all, it has like NO coverage what so ever and does not blend in easy at all. The whole "wake up" thing is most definatly not true, I havent had any 'wake up' effect what so ever either. Also, It caused my skin to break out and made my face look oily.On top of that, it doesnt stay on more then maybe 4 hours before it fades away and it creates little balls. The only good thing about this makeup is the color, it matched my skin very well. This product was okay when it came to price, but with the quality it might as well be 50 cent. Lastly, the packaging is a pump glass container, which makes it difficult to get every last bit of it. It is also heavy and can be un sanitary if you dont clean the pump. Overall, i dont like this product AT ALL.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by JessicaSugarplum

This stuff is terrible and is definitely far from hypoallergenic. I used it for about a week, and that was a week too long. The first time I used it my eyes started watering right way, but I thought maybe my contacts were just bugging me. After a week of use I had a rash on my face and as soon as I switched back to Almay's TLC foundation it went away. I gave it to my step sister and it also made her eyes water and her skin isn't even sensitive. She was smarter and stopped using it after that one use. Also, the coverage is very patchy. I didn't notice all the shimmer like others have said or a weird scent either, but it doesn't matter because I would never buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by regang

I was looking at this product in the store for a very long time before I went to buy it. I really wanted to like this foundation but its horrible.

Cons-
doesn't last
little to no coverage
brings out my undereye circles
SPARKLES that make skin look super oily and digusting

Pro-
the pump on this foundation gives the perfect amount

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Nades01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Weird comments in here: this foundation is absolutly remarkable and not too expensive. Nothing but compliments for this one: no breakouts, good coverage yet not pasty, odorless, and WHAT SPARKLES?? There is no sparkles whatsoever...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Xamberlymx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Within a week broke me out terribly.

Has sparkles in it??!

I like the finish other than that, the price is right... I'm bummed it didn't work. My dry skin got much much dryer and started peeling on my chin after a week. I switched from bare minerals.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by skannin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is HORRIBLE.

My skin is normal to dry, and this foundation slides off it within the first couple of hours of wearing it. Four hours is asking a lot for this foundation.
I dab foundation on my eyelids, powder them, and then apply eyeliner daily. My eyeliner even slides off my eyes when using this wake up foundation!

The absolute worst part of this product for me is that it maximizes any wrinkles you have to the extreme! I could not believe how horrendous my under eye wrinkles looked, and I didnt even USE the foundation under my eyes!! It just slides on there some how as I apply it to my face and it's atrocious how it makes wrinkles look, within minutes of wearing it. And I've gotten hiding my under-eye wrinkles down to an art... well not after using this foundation! Not to mention any other wrinkles on your face.

This foundation will highlight any imperfections on your face. I had a couple small dry patches, and this foundation made them the focus of my face somehow. As if it dried them out even more.

The only thing I liked about this is that when you first have it in place, and you are in natural light, it gives your skin a nice sheen, as other are saying. I dont find that it makes your face sparkle as much as other reviews make it out to be.
I also didn't notice the smell other people are complaining of...
Oh and I also like how it is packaged.

All in all I was surprised at how bad this foundation was, as I do like Almay as a brand. I will stick to their tlc foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by apaolone04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually really like this product, when you put it on its kinda cool feeling so i guess it wakes you up. This foundation is not for people who want a flawless cover though, its very light and simple. I saw alot of people on here say there was "ssooooo much glitter" when really ive ben wearing this for over a week now, i had to go look up really close in the mirror yes to see itty bitty sparkles which i dont even care for. And someone even said it smells like dirt... Yea it dosnt it smells like any other foundation would