November 28, 2014 | 1264 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by drunkenpastels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- buildable coverage -- I have quite a bit of hyperpigmentation scars from previous breakouts and this product does a good job of covering it with just one layer.
- long lasting -- not sure if it really lasts for 24 hours (I would definitely not try to have it on for that long!) but it sure still looks reasonably good after 13 hours of wearing it
- felt nice on the skin and does not feel cakey -- my face felt like skin even with this foundation on, but beware to not have too many layers on as it might look cakey
- great texture -- felt very smooth and velvety

Cons:
- expensive (it was around US$25 in my country, but make-up products are generally more expensive here, even "drugstore" ones)
- horrible packaging -- I really hate how the product comes in a glass jar which is very unhygienic. Also, the cap breaks really easily in my case. When that happens, it's a big mess that I wish I didn't have to deal with.
- it clogs up my pores -- Since it is a long-wearing product, it does tend to clog up your pores, so you have to make sure to remove it properly at the end of the day.
- sometimes it tends to smell like chemicals throughout the day -- but this rarely happens

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Deanna2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to try this foundation after the hype on MU board and I really do like it. It reminds me of Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse Makeup (discontinued) except that it's less drying and more comfortable to wear. It blends nicely, although you have to work fast, because once it's set, there's no going back. It's very long-wearing and on my normal to combination skin, it lasts all day. But, unlike ColorStay for oily skin, it doesn't require makeup remover for removal. I just use my regular cleanser, water and a washcloth. However, I use a strong cleanser; if you use a gentle cleanser, you might need to use makeup remover first. I have it in Ivory, which is a good match for my fair skin. I would say the coverage is flexible. You can apply it with a damp sponge over moisturizer for a very sheer coverage, with fingers or a foundation brush for medium coverage or with a stippling brush for full coverage. It is buildable and I often go back over my under eye area for more coverage. Sometimes I noticed that it collects in my pores and makes them stand out. This is easily remedied by dabbing the area with a sponge.

The reason I won't be repurchasing this product is because of the packaging. I feel that it's very unsanitary to dip fingers or an applicator into a cream product like this. I tend to use my fingers to apply and although I always wash my hands first, I know that bacteria can linger on the skin. The Mineral Mousse makeup that I referred to above came in a tube and I LOVED it! It was precise, sanitary and there was no pump to clog. Perhaps Revlon is trying to compete with higher-end brands with elegant packaging and I get that. But for me, hygiene is a deal breaker.

So, to sum up:

PROS:
Blends well
Flexible coverage
Buildable
Creamy formula feels nice on the skin
Long-wearing

CONS:
Unhygienic packaging
Might require makeup remover, depending on your cleanser and how much you apply

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by meowsers2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation. I am a fan of Revlon foundations, in general, because most other drugstore brands are too pink for me. I need a warm color and they have a great variety of shades. They keep changing the name and number of my color, but I can usually find one that works well.

This foundation is very thick and creamy. I have combination skin which is dry and acne-prone in the cheeks. This foundation keeps those areas hydrated and supple. Provides medium to full coverage on discolorations. Very buildable coverage. I do have an oily t-zone and without powder on top, it gets very shiny in these areas. I use Wet n Wild coverall powder on t-zone over this foundation and it works very well. Stays looking fresh all day. What I love most about this foundation is that it truly is color stay. Does not wear off or rub off on clothes but it is very comfortable and feels like you're not wearing foundation.

I buy this whenever I can get it on sale. It is normally about $13 at Target or Walgreens. I buy it on sale at Kroger (grocery) for $10.

I do not much care for the packaging. Hate sticking my fingers into a jar, wish they could put this in a pump bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by cinimini15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go to foundation, I will try other foundations and will always return to this one. My skin is beyond oily in the t-zone and this stays on the best. I do have to powder about 4-5 hours into the makeup but its the longest I have found. It also is the only foundation that does not turn orange on me. I mix 2 separate colors together to get my shade. Buff and early tan.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Still on the hunt for my drugstore fdtn. After reading rave reviews for Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup, had to buy it.

When I opened the jar, fdtn looked creamy and emollient, but when I applied it, texture felt how cement might feel while it's being poured. It glided over skin okay, but I'm used to fdtn with more slip.

I really wanted this to work because finish is soft and pretty, and it evened skin tone, but fdtn very drying on my skin, and settled into fine lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by alyssa21mia

I've searched high and low for a foundation that works with my skin and doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. I'm still searching, however, this particular one is the best I've found thus far. It's fairly cheap ($13 ish) so until I find my holy grail, I'm comfortable enough wearing this everyday. The packaging is unnecessarily bulky but I can deal. The shades in this range are sadly limited; I'm between shades. The foundation itself feels like yogurt almost but it's not heavy. It glides on pretty well and doesn't cling to my dry patches but the coverage is light to medium at best. I've tried using my fingers, Real Techniques face brush, and a beauty blender and the brush has worked the best for me but you have to experiment. I'd say this lasts like 4-5 hours, depending on how much coverage you needed in the first place. All in all, this is definitely a drugstore foundation to try out if you've been failed by many others. It's nice to have my sensitive skin react well for a change and I'll probably repurchase this continually as a back-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by sahbear95

Ultimate full coverage drugstore/highstreet/cheap foundation. I know some people think this feels heavy on the face, but to me with my oily skin it is the perfect all day, no fuss foundation, no matter what powder I put on over the top, this foundation stays perfect all day, and can last from early morning to very late night. The colour is perfect for me and there is quite a wide range. Wish it didn't have SPF because then it would be fantastic for photography, however still photographs quite nicely. Truly flawless finish, and so well priced for the quality, always enjoy revoln foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by monkeytron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

An amazing foundation! Great coverage, easy to find a color match, easily blendable, and dries to semi-matte finish. I have oily ,acne prone skin and this keeps my skin from getting too oily and doesn't contribute to break-outs. Great great foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by amandaanouluc

This is my favorite drugstore foundation. I love the texture, how long it lasts, how light it feels on my skin, and the coverage.
I was scared to try this product because the original colorstay formula broke me out like crazy, and always looked cakey on my face.
I was amazed at how flawless this made my skin look and that it didn't break me out (a miracle!)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by rocketbabydoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Since I have only tried a limited number of foundations, I'm going to have the audacity to say: Holy Grail -- so far. I was a bit wary to try this foundation at first, after reading reviews from a lot of people saying that it caused them to break out. I have acne-prone skin, but having used this for over a year, I haven't noticed any harm done to my skin. I love the fuller coverage, as I have acne scars to cover, and this does a great job. It does feel a bit heavy on the skin, and it can get a bit cakey if you use too much, so a thin layer is best, with concealer over top if you need more coverage. I use the Real Techniques expert face brush to apply, which works well. Not a fan of the jar packaging though, especially as they've managed to whittle the amount of product down to 23.7 mL, instead of the usual 30 mL that most foundations have. I fear that the shade I use, Buff, is just a touch too dark for me, but I haven't been able to find the lighter shade anywhere, so I'll have to stick with it. The price is agonising -- a whopping $43NZD a pop. Fortunately it's a good enough foundation that I'm willing to repurchase despite the price.