Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is my go to foundation when I need coverage but I don't want to look matte or too "done up." I hated the original CS foundation but for me, the whipped version is so much better! The whipped version doesn't appear mask like and it isn't so full on coverage that it looks weird. I do need to blot when I wear this though. I've tried major HE foundations through the years and spent probably in the high hundreds buying them. I still get the itch to try something new and expensive that comes out but I will always have whipped on hand. Since switching my skincare, I have great skin now. Before, I had a lot of clogged pores, psoriasis flare ups, redness, irritation, flakes and texture issues and whipped was a lifesaver during those times. I know if I put this foundation on, I would be confident enough to walk out and look great. This foundation glides over anything without exaggerating or clinging on to flakes. Now, that my skin is about 98% calm now, I still love using this foundation.

Coverage: It covers scars from blemishes without the need for concealer. However, I have bad dark circles so for me, I still need a corrector and concealer. One layer of whipped gives medium coverage. Two layers give full coverage.

Finish: I'm oily so it does give me an almost dewy finish. The finish for me is a lot like NARS Sheer Glow. I don't particular care for true matte foundations so I do like the finish. However, I do need to blot when using this. I've been using the Rimmel #2 Primer with this and I've noticed it helps this foundation stay on a lot better.

Shades: I don't consider myself dark or tan at all. I'm medium toned olive (NC40) and one of the darkest shades available is a perfect color match (400). So, for people who have tan to really dark skin, I would imagine it would be a problem finding a good match.

Technique: I find using my fingers gives too much coverage. I dot a few dots all over my face and blend with ELF Studio Powder Brush. It gives the perfect amount of medium coverage.

on 9/5/2015 7:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I alternate between this and the Revlon color stay liquid foundation for dry skin. Both are equally amazing and are the best foundations i've ever used, even including dozens of prestige brands over the years.

This has flawless coverage that goes on medium and can be easily built to full if you have problem areas. I use an airbrush foundation brush and it works great. Once it sets to a powdery finish, it literally stays all day with no transfer to clothing, creasing, cracking, flaking, etc. The finish is matte.

Another plus, if you are pale like me, is the colorstay line actually makes a shade light enough for us! I am extremely pale with pink undertones and the lightest shade in 110 is a perfect match and is undetectable on my neckline.

Most places sell this around $12-15, which is a great value for a wonderful product. If you are not a fan of jar packaging (and this one is pretty clunky in a makeup bag), i would recommend the liquid foundation from the colorstay line as well, the only difference for me is it is more of a satiny/matte finish.

This has been a staple of mine for quite some time. It's one of the foundations I reach for on a regular basis.

First off, the color selection isn't the greatest. I use the second lightest shade, and it's not a perfect match but it's close enough. I hope they expand their color range.

I usually apply this with my finger. A brush just gets too messy because of the thick whipped texture. It's easier to get an evenly blended application with your finger. It may seem weird since it's just an open container to dip your finger into...I'm not going to lie, at times this feels unsanitary.

This stuff is definitely full coverage! It covers everything. I mean everything. That's part of the reason why I love this so much. I have yet to find another foundation that has coverage this great. Although the consistency is thick, it doesnt feel heavy. You can definitely feel it on your face, but it doesn't feel cakey at all. And you don't have to apply much! The finish is a nice demi-matte. I brush a translucent finishing powder over the top and it looks like I have a flawless complexion.

This stuff is pretty resistant to oil, won't cling to your dry patches, and stays put ALL DAY. This foundation does not budge until you take it off. And it's sweat resistant!

The only problem I have is...I do tend to break out when I use this sometimes because it clogs my pores a little. It bums me out. Sometimes I avoid using this for that very reason.

Overall, this is my drugstore HG. The coverage is great, it's resistant to oil and sweat, it's not drying or heavy, and it stays on all day. For a drugstore foundation (or any foundation in general, really) that is super impressive.

on 8/29/2015 6:32:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought "Medium Beige" which has yellow undertones and it was also slightly too dark on me, it doesn't look too dark though it just gives me more color. I plan on buying it in "Natural Beige" which is the shade above it and has a pinker undertone. I applied it with a sponge and it looked very nice and natural, it gives a medium-full coverage. The finish is matte but not unnatural looking, I felt like my skin looked airbrush. It didn't feel heavy or look cakey, maybe because I didn't need to use much of it since my skin problems are minor. It lasts all day and within 6 hours the tip of my nose started looking a little shiny (my nose is very oily so it's inevitable) but that was easily fixed with some powder.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Looked cakey no matter what I did. Tried different methods of application with no real difference in outcome. Feels drying on skin, it is lightweight. Rubbed off on clothes, smudged like it never really set. Medium coverage for me. I like the liquid colorstay better.

on 8/22/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I liked the theory behind a "whipped" makeup. It sounded like it would be buttery and give a silk-like perfection to the skin. However, it sat atop my skin and looked like cake even though I went sparingly. I have normal skin and bought this thinking it would be nice for special occasions but it did not flatter me at all. I would catch myself in the mirror and I could tell I had makeup on from afar. It also felt heavy and uncomfortable.
At $20 canadian, I expected better. Whomp.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

really thick, but good coverage. good for oily skin, not so much dry as its very thick and matte. put it on at 8:30 am, and it's still ok At 8 pm

on 8/11/2015 5:25:00 PM

No...not for me....
I tried this during the Winter when my skin was more dry, and it literally felt like this was 'sitting' on top of my skin the entire day, no matter how much blending I did or what tool I used to also I am fairly certain made me break out. Lastly, not a fan of the jar container. Just so un-sanitary and not a fan of the product getting under my nails or using a spatula...I do not want that ""fussy"" of a product, especially one that does not work for me performance-wise. It also made my skin feel like a grease pit yet still looked dry..? I even used this with a couple different good moisturizers, so it had "help"....just was not for me....

on 8/10/2015 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation looks amazing from the moment you apply to the moment before you remove it. (bare in mind I have EXTREMELY oily skin) It honestly works better than many high end foundations I have tried and has amazing staying power and coverage for the price. The jar is quite bulky, so maybe not ideal to travel with but packaging is generally not an issue for me so I can look past that. The shade range is not huge but the colours they do offer have really nice undertones and were not pink or orangey looking at all! Definitely will continue to repurchase and use this foundation over and over :)

on 8/9/2015 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Looks better at 11PM than many of my other foundations do at 11AM. I've been doing the foundation sample dance at Sephora for the past few months, testing out foundations from Bobbi Brown, YSL, Armani, NARS, Kat von D. There were many that were ok, or even good; but I found myself applying a little bit of the Revlon for extra coverage or lasting power here and there. I've come to my senses--why am I going nuts trying to find something "OK" for 3 times the price when this foundation already works SO WELL??

I could never quite get the regular ColorStay to work for me. The colors always seemed slightly off, and the finish was too matte. The Creme has a lovely satin finish and looks good at the end of the day even without touchups. I need to mix to two palest shades to get one that matches me, but even then, this foundation is a bargain.

No, the jar packaging is not the most convenient or sanitary--don't care, still worth it. I use a little paint spatula to scoop the foundation out and transfer a small amount into a littler pot so that there's less risk of contaminating the larger container (and I'm mixing two colors together anyway; so instead of doing it every morning, I have my blend pre-mixed in the small jar), and I use the spatula to dispense from the little pot as well. Spatula goes into the cup where I keep all of my makeup brushes, so no great hassle.

Better than regular ColorStay, better than foundations that cost $50 more. If you're looking for an insanely long-wearing foundation with great coverage, a semi-matte finish, and a sub-$20 price tag, look no further!

Popular Crème Foundations