Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, BIS-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Squalane, BIS-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polyethylene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triisostearin, Diisostearyl Malate, Cera Microcrystallina ((Microcrystalline Wax) Cire Microcristalline), Trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polyamide-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Mentha Piperita ((Peppermint) Oil (Mentha Piperita Oil), Limonene, Sorbic Acid, May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Orange 5 (CI 45370), Red 21 (CI 45380), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)].

on 2/9/2015 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a lovely lip color. It's like a neutral pinky color with just a hint of plumminess to it, making for a beautiful semi-opaque my-lips-but-better (I know that term is so overused) color. This is the type of color that literally every skin tone with every under tone can use. The formula is moisturizing and so long lasting because of the staining effects. It is smooth and creamy. The stain it leaves behind on my is a brighter sort of pink. The only qualm I have is with the packaging. While I love the twisty tube, I hate that so much juts out from the top. It makes it so easy to nick the product when you are taking the cap on and off. But it is such an awesome product, I recommend it fully.

on 2/8/2015 10:30:00 AM

Going against the grain on this one, but here goes...
I did not like this. First off, the color immediately turns a funny color on me....Not a natural color on me at all.

Second, the smell...I can't stand the smell..I am sorry.....but it lingers, too..:((
Third, this makes my lips tingle, and I am not a fan of that type of a lip product. This does not even 'plump' the lips, and if I am going to suffer a tingle, I better at least have some plumped-up lips..;)

Did I mention the color was bad on me....? Yeah. This looks completely garish on me (I am pretty fair, light-complected, NC20). Disappointed because this always looks so pretty on others...But I do find in general these balms from Revlon just do not work well for me and I always have the issues I listed, whether it is the original ones or the newer matte or glittery ones. Disappointed, because as I said, they always look so pretty on others. But these apparently just do not work well with my chemistry. I do have luck with the L'oreal Balms, Tarte lip surgences, and the Neutrogena balms/lip crayons and some other brands, so all is not lost..I still like the lip crayon idea..just not from this brand...

So, you've read plenty of great reviews of this product at this point. I agree with them. I will run out and buy another when this one dies. The one thing I don't like about it is it seems to be affected by the cold. So, if you go outside wearing it when it's around or below freezing, the color changes to a bright, chalky pink and won't change back (even when warmed). Luckily the stain left on your lips will be the right color, so you can wipe it off and reapply.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I only own honey and it's seriously holy grail. Such a beautiful mauve pink that goes with everything. It applies smooth and has a minty smell that tingles your lips lightly. And it really does "stain" your lips! My lips are still pink after removing with a makeup wipe at night and waking up the next morning. Honestly honey is a great color for everyday for any skin tone. I really suggest you pick it up!

on 1/26/2015 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

These Balm Stains feel good on the lips. Honey is a pretty pinky-mauve that lasts a fair amount of time and leaves my lips soft and smooth. The only caveat is that the stain that is left behind is a little bright, but I'm pretty good about reapplying. I will try some other colors from this line because I do love how my lips feel after wearing it.

on 1/24/2015 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love the shade, it's a tad darker than a nude more of a warm muted mauve. These remind me a lot of Tarte's lip stains but at a fraction of the price. Like Tartes product this also has a bit of a minty scent/taste to it. I was torn between this shade and the lacquer balm in Coquette, but Coquette seemed like it might be too light. Wear is a bit better than a traditional lipstick, but it won't last all day. The formula is quite smooth and glides on lips pretty easily, but there does seem to be the potential to drag on dry lips.

on 1/23/2015 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

If I could only have 1 lip product (aside from aquaphor), it would be this! Honey is a mauve neutral-toned deep pink. It's moisturizing and feel comfortable on the lips. It stays on for a good amount of time and of course the stain remains for at least 6 hours. You need to go out and get this!

This is a great product for the price. I have always liked the idea of lip stains but never the dry texture associated with them. The felt tip marker stains commonly would dry out in a couple weeks ending up in wasted product. I also could never find a lighter color that looked natural. I have a light skintone. Sephora would rate it 2R07, neutral/cool. "Nude" lip products are something I have a hard time with because my lips have a fair amount of natural pigment and I look strange when it veers too light or too warm. This color is sheer enough to look natural and actually is close to my lip color. I have tried on a hundred or so of these sticks from Clinique, Tarte, Stila, even Boots, NYC and Wet and Wild. Nothing comes close to this color. It goes on nicely, moisturizes, stays on a long time, is easy to apply and just looks plain nice which for 8 dollars is a great thing. The color went on a little darker on me then settled into my lip color. It's not nude in an Angelina Jolie sense. It's nude in a actual lip color way. It has neutral mauve undertones. I like it. I don't know about the other colors, they weren't what I was looking for. The product description is accurate, it is a balm stain.

on 1/22/2015 6:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I truly love this product. I own it in romantic (warm red), adore (brick red), crush (somewhat deep berry), and cherish (very pink).
Firstly, the product in general is the best! I wear it over lightly exfoliated, bare lips and it always hydrates them perfectly. It feels light on the lips, slightly creamy, but never goopy or sticky. I generally apply a moderate layer and let dry for 10 minutes. Then I lightly dab off the excess with a tissue and reapply a very light layer. After a few more minutes, it's completely dry and transfer resistent, and I truly do mean TRANSFER RESISTENT. It doesn't budge easily even through eating and drinking. It lasts for 5 to 6 hours before I need to reapply, even then, it's only a very light touch up. The product itself is decently pigmented, not sheer bit not quite opaque. It does not have the pigmentation of a lipstick so if that's what you're looking for, this is not the product for you. However, it does tend to layer well if you let it dry and blot between layers.
As for the colors romantic, crush and adore, they all have the same consistency. They have a decent amount of pigment, but are a bit more sheer than cherish, which is a bit more opaque. The first the shades are truly balm stains in my opinion. They stain wonderfully, which can removed with eye makeup remover. Cherish, on the other hand, is more creamy and opaque, more like a lipstick, almost chalky. It doesn't stain the lips quite like the darker colors. It does, however, dry nicely on the lips and does not transfer much thereafter. Unfortunately, cherish, due to its more lipstick-like consistency, settles into lines and has a tendency to exaggerate any dryness. The other three colors don't have this problem. Regardless, all shades are beautiful and universally flattering, in my opinion, due to their slight sheer-ness and ability to be applied heavily or lightly. However, I do have a slight preference for the darker colors due to the consistency.

on 1/10/2015 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this stain is somewhat durable and long-lasting, but not as much as similar products revlon makes that are not advertised as a lip stain. it makes my lips feel very dry so i usually use it with lip balm. otherwise i really like this product.

Popular Lipsticks