September 21, 2014 | 1830 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by PeachyPink38

Honey is my second Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain. My very first one is Sweetheart and it is a bit too loud for me. Honey is a nice MLBB shade that gets a lot of positive reviews and quite justly so. It's easy to just swipe this on your lips in the car as you drive to work, I've done that a number of times. It's moisturizing for the lips and has a nice minty scent. I love mint.

Since Revlon, there had been other drugstore cosmetic companies that has followed the trend of lip crayons. I have tried Wet n Wild's Rico Mauve which is nice. I have some from Jordana Twist and Shine lip crayons. Though I bought them, I haven't tried all of them. Jordana Twist and Shine in Nude Chic is more nude than Honey. Honey has a more pink beige look. The Jordana ones don't have any scent to them nor do Wet N Wild's lip crayons. I first seen the lip crayon concept from Clinique's chubby sticks and Tarte's Insurgent lip crayons. I have one of the Tarte ones but it has a metallic finish, which I don't like.

I would buy this Honey one again after I start and finish the other lip crayons and lipsticks and glosses in my make up collection. Revlon lip products are great. They're cheaper than the Clinique and Tarte ones. But the cheaper but not sacrificing quality is probably Jordana's Twist and Shine or Wet N Wild's moisturizing sticks.

I'm almost done with Honey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If there's one thing Revlon does right, it's lip products. I finally broke down and bought Honey after coming across so many raves for it. The fanaticism over jumbo lip pencils is kind of baffling to me. This is essentially a pigmented lip balm packaged in twist up housing, similar to previous lip balm iterations. I suppose the elongated chubby stick appearance and the initially pointy tip lends to the distinctive pencil imagery, which is good for marketing/sales?

Anyway, this is very much a "my lips but better" color on me. The bullet itself appears noticeably darker than how it actually translates on the lips - a medium pink with a slight mauve undertone, rendering it very wearable for all types of occasions. It brightens up my tan Asian complexion and looks quite nice paired with my typical eyeliner-intense eye looks. I would say it's medium coverage, but can be layered for a bit more punch. It imparts a good amount of glossiness without any shimmer, but it is less glossy than say, Revlon's Lip Butters. Longevity of this lip product is quite decent, it hangs around longer than Lip Butters and most lipglosses I own, but the stain it leaves behind is drastically different than the original application color. I'm not really fond of the bright pink leftover stain, at least not on my yellow complexion. Also I don't feel this is particularly moisturizing, thus I'm always sure to apply a clear lip balm underneath.

I appreciate that Honey has the faintest mint scent, along with the tiniest bit of tingle. I really loathe heavily scented/flavored lip products. Despite the annoying leftover stain problem, which is easily remedied by applying more product, I really enjoy this product. Its ease of application and versatility have me reaching for it all the time, so yes, I will likely be repurchasing this if I use it up!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by samdrake

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For me, lipstick has always been too prone to be wiped off, stains have dried out my lips, and balms are too sheer. I wanted a moisturizing product with a my-lips-but-better color. This product is somewhat satisfying to those conditions; the tube rolls up and down easily and the formula offers a nice pinky-nudey rich color that lasts when layered on several times. The one thing I dislike is that it feels dry after a few hours. When you first put it on, the consistency is kind of hard, but that's what makes this balm a balm stain. It doesn't make my lips crack like other stains, however, so all in all this product is okay unless you want your lips to feel super moist like after putting balm on. (I would like it to be more balmy, but at least the color lasts.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have purchased every single color and I love all the bright shades. This is my all time fav lip product simply for the staying power! The colour lasts for hours. Only.7.99 Canadian most of the time. It tastes minty and is super pigmented. Doesn't dry out my lips. Awesome awesome product and have repurchased a ton

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Femmeboi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, I'm really pleasantly surprised. This is a beautiful, natural-looking lip color that is so wearable and appropriate for everyday use. Usually, these sorts of pale nude colors wash out my fair, Irish skin and make me look a little sick, but I may have found my perfect neutral. This is lovely-- a sweet neutral color that has rose pink undertones. It lights up my face, and makes my complexion look really healthy when I wear it. The type of lip color that doesn't look like I'm wearing lip color-- it just looks like I look good and have my shit together. I had already bought a Revlon Balm Stain in "Darling," and I love the color and formula on that one too. I'm so glad I gave honey a try! It has become a staple in my work / professional makeup arsenal.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my first Revlon Balm Stain. I tried various application techniques but I just cannot like this color. It turns out a very garish pink that's not flattering for my skintone. The stain it leaves behind, after 90% of its disappeared, is a more flattering color, though. It's on the drying side but I guess that's expected with a stain. It'd still like to try the other colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by chaoi39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Balm Stain and I've bought six more (another tube of Honey, Adore, Lovesick, and the lacquer balm in Tease and Ingenue) because I love it so much!

Honey is a MLBB on me - it's a mauvey pink that's not too light nor too dark. However, as the shine fades away, it turns a medium rosey pink if applied heavily, which is still nice. The texture of Honey isn't heavy nor is it dragging when applied, and it feels like I just have lip balm on. I gave it four out of five because the color sometimes clashes with certain foundations, especially when I put on the L'Oreal Lumi Magique in N5 - Ick. I look ashy and washed out if both are paired! :(

I gave two lipsticks out of five when it comes to the price because it's too damn expensive here in the Philippines. It's Php575, which is around 13USD. I think it's only 10USD or less. Plus it's rare that we have discounted price on this product.

I like the packaging - very handbag friendly! I haven't experienced its cover popping off randomly, and I hope I never will.

Overall, this is my favorite lip balm/lipstick hybrid! Considering the raves found online, I'm guessing it's not just mine too :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Raefit

I love this so much. The color looks great on my light medium ski tone. When I get tanned the lip color is so beautiful. Very moisturizing

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the worst lipsticks/lip pencils I have tried. Really, really dry, made my lips irritated. The color is also quiet bad, have to apply couple of times to get some ugly color.
I tried Honey and Cherish (had to buy them both as there are no open pencils and the color looked nice from outside) and then returned them both in an hour.
Canot compare to MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil that is fantastic!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by kayparisfilm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Reviewed below, meant to rate a 3, so rating a 2 to even it out. Sorry!