July 29, 2014 | 910 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balm - Crush

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by eyelinerismywarpaint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product--I only wouldn't repurchase it because of the colour.
The good: this stain is an amazing product that I wouldn't have believed existed. It stains my lips for a good eight to ten hours. It's moisturizing--I may as well be applying Chapstick or something of the sort. The moisture lasts for a good couple of hours, and after that I don't feel anything on my lips all at. They aren't dried out by any means.
The application of the product is lovely. It's a twist-up chubby sort of stick, with a "point" at the tip for more precise application. I generally run the sides of the stick on the fuller parts of my lips, and then use the point for my cupid's bow area of my lips.
So, why won't I repurchase it? The colour. On my lips, it's a bright, pinky sort of berry colour. I definitely thought it would be darker. Another reviewer described it as a somewhat "goth" sort of colour, which is why I bought it. But this is no where near goth, at least not in my book. It's a pretty pop of colour, and I think I'll wear this more in the spring and summer. It's not like a hot pink or anything, and I suppose most people wouldn't consider it bright. This is, for most, a fall lip colour. I'm just used to much darker lipsticks/stains/what have you.
So, while I won't be repurchasing this colour, I do recommend it if you like the colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Oh man...I wore this at 2pm and it literally is still on and its 10:30pm. It leaves a very deep berry stain and that i have eaten twice...drank all day long and talked. I have a bad habit of biting my lips and still....its there. Unbelievable.
NW20 with dark hazel eyes and very dark hair. It is so flattering on me. It's not "loud" and not too red. Its a very nice deep berry shade. Definitely repurchasing! I am so glad I accidentally bought 2 through Amazon! lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Maryangels96

MY NEW AUTUMN BEST FRIEND!! I use this everyday and i love it! Amazing when its paired up with soft or winged eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Impeccablebliss

I love this lip gloss I got this in the color of Sweetheart Valentine and I put it on very lightly since it stains easily and goes on really bright, I love it and use it almost everyday and I still have a lot of product left inside and I had it for about 7 months now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I own two of these babies - Crush and Adore - and I love them both. I bought Crush first, on a whim. I wasn't sure if I'd like the color, but sometimes you have to go out on a limb!

It looks great on me, so good that I've even received compliments. It's sheer but buildable, pretty easy to apply in the right places (no brush, liner, or finger needed), and it lasts a decent time on me. It's easily portable and less melty than many lipsticks in hot climates.

At $9, I think it's pretty expensive for a drugstore lipstick. But Revlon is often on sale at CVS or Ulta, and there are usually coupons available.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

This is my favorite color of the 5 Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains that I own. I did have a 6th, Sweetheart, which was so unflattering on me (looked tacky and cheap) that I had to return it. As others have said, these look different based on your coloring and lip coloring. I am very fair, with strong yellow/green undertones (Asian descent) with dark hair and eyes, and my lips are pretty pigmented. I love rocking a bold, bright or deep lip color, so I like Crush very much. It stays the longest on my lips and has the most opacity of the Balm Stains. This color is pretty similar to some other lipsticks that I own, but I would probably buy this again if I ran out. I just like the formula for this shade more than the other Balm Stains. However, I find I need very little to get the full, wow effect, unlike Honey or Darling where I need to smear on 5-6 layers to have it show up like I"m wearing anything on my lips. I don't feel like I need to wear gloss over this either, so I like that.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

I have 5 shades of this wonder stick. Loving this one's pigmentation and the stain is as if you just ate a Popsicle. Im not sure I like the minty taste, and they are also no so smooth to apply. Comparing to clinique chubby stick they are much more pigmented and stay longer, but they dont moisture your lips and if you have dry lips you must apply a lip balm before. Great price though!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my 6th color from this line, and I'm a little bummed. This line is full of bright, fun, happy colors, but where are the deep, moody fall/winter colors? I wanted a purple that would rival Revlon's Black Cherry and this was the closest one, but this is far too bright for the colder months. The swatched images don't match what Crush looked like on me--for reference, I'm NC40, olive tones, dark hair, blue eyes.

That said...if I had tried this color six months ago, I would have loved it. It's just that I already own three other colors from this line that are bright and playful, I'm kinda over it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by loveover0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this lip stain! It's smooth and light and doesn't leave an awful color behind. It does tend to get a little dry after a few hours but a quick swipe of chapstick is the obvious solution. While some may disagree, I personally love the minty smell and feeling. I think it's very refreshing. The color is a lovely deep berry red that is perfect for the fall dark red trend. I think the subtly vamp-y look is gorgeous. But only of my only issues with it is that the dark, almost wine color tends to wear off for me and the reapplication gives me a more pinkish-fuchsia color, which still looks nice but not really the look I'm going for. All in all, I love the Revlon Lip Balm Stains and look forward to trying out more colors

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this!

- I took a chance and it actually worked really well on my fair skin (even though it looked a little gothic in the store).
- The colour is totally buildable for day to night wear, and has relatively good staying power for the price.
- The product is more of a stain than a balm but a layer of your favourite chap stick on top can prevent any of the drying effects mentioned by previous reviewers.

I'm happy with my purchase :)