April 21, 2014 | 1220 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by AnlisaC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, I've tried them all. I'm always searching for my HG mascara.....well, this is it!! I have very long ( yes I was blessed) lashes but they are super skinny, so I need volume. I've been to Neiman Marcus tried all of the high end, eh nothing. Now the next level Macy etc....eh nothing. Even my beloved Mac, nada! So off I go to the good ole DS, I recently read that Maybelline has some amazing mascaras ( i.e. beautytopia review) WOW I'm impressed. Love the brush it's flexible and it full, coats every lash and volume Vavoom! I always thought what you pay is what you get......not with this. I will recommend to all my friends! I will repurchase again. For a fraction of the price it is worth a try!

Oh yeah, I have oily eyelids....not one raccoon eye either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by megxoxo91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long known Maybelline to overstate things, so no surprise that the Mega Plush volumizing mascara that is never brittle or flaky is a bit of a big name and promise for it. Without false lashes, I don't think any mega volume will come of using this, and for me the softness is gone the minute it fully dries and they are actually extremely brittle and prone to light flaking when dry, but I like it nonetheless. Some say it won't give you a natural look, but just personally it does a lot more so than Colossal Volum' or the original Falsies (still the very best of Maybelline mascara, why do I stray?). I have relatively long lashes already and this just very lightly enchances them and stay nicely in place. If I want a more natural look, it's been a great option. For volume and thickness, I have to use something else. I really love the brush as well. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by kkwil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using covergirl lash blast for pretty much 5 years now and it's my all time favorite. I wanted to try something different and picked this. I've only used it once but it works great! It makes my lashes have more volume and they stay really soft and not stiff. Will definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by sleepyeyesbonyknees

First mascara I've ever tried. Amazing volume, good length. Can smudge but barely noticeable. Going to try out clump crusher just for a change, but will def still love this. (BEST AFTER DRIED OUT A LITTLE)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really do love this mascara. Still, being forever on the holy grail of mascaras hunt, I continue to search for one I like even better. This product does what it promises: lashes are very, very full, yet soft. They really look luxurious.The applicator deposits color gently, yet generously, and does not clump. You may get a little extra drop of color on the ends of your lashes, but that's easy to fix with a quick whisk of a tissue. I've had no problems with smudging or flaking. If you want a totally natural look, this isn't the mascara for you, but it's not so unnatural that it looks like you're wearing falsies. Which is actually why I give it four points out of five because I'm the over-the-top type that loves a fake lash look.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by misconstruedcats

I had high hopes for very full and soft, plush lashes... and this disappointed. I found that it didn't do enough to volumize (like I thought it would), and it made my lashes look short! Also, this mascara made my lashes more brittle than others do. With a name like mega plush, that is the opposite of what I wanted. It flakes by the end of a day, no matter how much or little I layer on. Maybelline has better mascaras for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by sloanepeterson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very average mascara. It doesn't stand out from any of the other drug store mascaras I have tried. There are things I like about it and things I don't like about it.

The thing I like most about this mascara is the brush. I like that it has actual bristles since it seems like a lot of mascaras have plastic brushes with firm plastic spikes. I've found these to be less effective than brushes with actual bristles.

I like the shape of the brush. It is an elongated oval that gets thinner at the ends so you can work the tip of the brush in your inner lashes.

What didn't work for me was that after I applied the mascara, it did not make my lashes look any thicker: and that is what the product is supposed to do - it's supposed to be a thickening mascara. Furthermore, it made the tips of my lashes stick together. It does absolutely no good at separating the lashes. The only way that it did work for me is in the lengthening department. It definitely made my lashes look longer.

I bought a two-pack of this mascara at Walgreens for $9.99 and I thought I was getting a bargain since 1 sells for $8.99. I'm sort of sorry i bought the two-pack because I will surely find another mascara I like better than this one before both tubes are used up.

All in all, not a bad, but not a great mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by JessicaGio

I like this mascara but I don't love it and I feel like I am still on the quest for the perfect mascara. I think this does increase volume and length and gives a nice look to my lashes but it is a bit clumpy and I wish it thickened them even more.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

Updated :
I been using this Mascara for a while now and I kinda like it but I still have a problem with the brush . it is a bit watery but other than that its okay and I still will give it a 5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mom got me this because it was on sell at CVS and I though it was going to be a good mascara , from 1 to 10 I would give it a 5 , the reason I would give it a 5 is because I hate how the brush is , I wish it wouldn't move so much . I would buy it again if it the brush wouldn't move . the mascara is a little wet but still works good

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by ellietsaki

very wet
doesn't give any volume at all