July 25, 2014 | 1852 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Nightingale523

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara was a total waste of money. The brush was impossible to use because of that bend in the middle- it just pushed my lashes away, didn't coat them at all. Didn't someone test this product before they put it on the market? What were they thinking?! Cute packaging but that doesn't really matter if the product is terrible!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh Maybelline! Yet another under preformering, overhyped mascara.

Unlike certain other maybelline mascaras, the formula wasn't really the problem here (don't get me wrong, it's nothing to write home about).. it was the damn brush! I felt like I was using a cotton bud/qtip to apply mascara. The bristles of the brush all stuck together and just transferred blobs of the product directly onto my lashes.

Even after a few coats of this stuff, I saw no volume as promised. Some days, it would give a rather mediocre result.. and on bad days, it would just be clump mania.

Even though it is good value (I paid about 10 I think), it is not worth the money at all and I would not repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by pvining

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was excited when this mascara was introduced because I really like lightweight, natural looking mascaras, and the trend lately is just the opposite. But this mascara was really disappointing. I think the formula is okay, if a little sticky, but it's hard to tell because I can't get a good application with that awful wand. The brush has sparse, spindly bristles that are spaced too far apart, and it made my lashes look, well, sparse, spindly and spaced too far apart. I have made several attempts at this, and have been disappointed every time. I will not buy it again. I'm not even going to use up the tube I have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in blackest black and it absolutely lifts and extends my eyelashes. Besides the lashes near the tearduct and outer end it is able to reach all across my lashline.
The brush wiggles a little because there is a cut toward the end section. I guess ' Maybelline' thought this would give consumers more control and it can but only if you have a steady hand. This has a wet feeling that takes a minute to dry so be careful not yo blink or to have something to catch flecks.
This mascara comes in four shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just like so many other mascaras, I bought this on a whim. I've had really good luck in the past, but this was disappointing. The name of this, to me, is deceptive. "Volume", "Mega", "Plush"...all words that sucked me in. I was really hoping it would deliver all those things.
This mascara is just okay. The formula is on the wet side, and I needed to apply 3 coats to get anything decent from it. I didn't find it to be volumizing or plush in any way. In fact, I think it's more lengthening than anything. It's nice and black, but the formula is thin. I also didn't much like the bendy wand. It made application a little bit messy. I guess this would be a good one if you're looking to just darken your lashes a bit for a very natural look, but if you're looking for mega plush volume...take a pass.
ETA: I just wanted to add that I thought this mascara was surprisingly difficult to wash off. It claims to be able to come off with just soap and water, but I did not find this to be true. I usually wash my makeup off with Purity by Philosophy, and it even gets water resistant formulas off with ease. But, I looked like a raccoon and had to reach for the cold cream to scrub it off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

there is nothing volume or plush about it. I actually got it because I wanted volume and this is also one of the few brands that has navy mascara so that was one of the reasons why I got it.
However, it was the most average mascara-there was nothing special about it. I do have fairly dark lashes so navy color didn't show, it just looked black. And while my lashes are fairly long, they need volume. didn't happen with this one. I wouldn't repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by CharleneCasey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this mascara on a whim. The packaging was pretty and teal and I thought the mascara would be ok. I was so wrong. It's clumpy and the brush is super clumsy. Good luck trying to get any product on your lashes without also getting it ALL OVER your skin. Maybe a better brush would make this mascara tolerable, but even the formula is sub-par.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazeballs. I love the formula - no irritation or smudging whatsoever. It was even a rather sweaty day and it didn't budge. Very volumizing and lengthening. Nice separated lashes. The wand feels a little weird because it's bendy, but it works fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Raefit

I love this mascara. It's a great layering mascara. I use it by itself and with the clump crusher underneath. My lashes reach past my crease almost to my brow bone. The wand is amazing. It's really great if your mascara starts to come off and you want to put more in. It separates the lashes even then looking good as new.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by tweetytot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Really good volumizing mascara! I totally recommend! The wand is awesome, but i hate the shape