October 31, 2014 | 1130 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Charm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

While the color of this doesn't change on me as it seems to on others, it just looks very meh. Basic nude, hardly any peach/pink, and just not flattering. (For reference, I have dark auburn hair, green eyes, and light skin).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I've purchased several Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip balm stains and loved them. This one isn't great though. The colour doesn't look very nice on my lips, it rubs off within about 20 minutes and I find it quite drying on my lips - definitely need to use lip balm a couple times for the rest of the day after using this stain.
It was pretty expensive, about $18 here in Australia, the packaging is great, it smells ok - pepperminty, the texture is fine, like a thick balm. The colour is pretty in the package but goes on kind of sheer/frosted/pastel, might be nice if you have naturally bright coloured lips but I don't so it just goes on very pale.
All in all I love the idea of this stain but it just doesn't work. I'd recommend it in other colours though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

DO not let the color fool you. This stain may look wonderful on the package, or on your wrist, but it changes color when applied to lips. On my lips, it turns from a light apricot/peachy shade into a vibrant orange/red color in just a few minutes. I want my money back!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this color that Revlon put out. It reminds me of the lip colors that they put on actresses in classic movies, such as on Elizabeth Taylor and Scarlette Ohara in Gone With the Wind and some other classic beauties from the earlier Hollywood film days. This is a gorgeous shade, so why it has not received better reviews, I do not know. I can only assume that teens and more younger gals are reviewing this shade. If you go and watch classic movies, you will see that they often have this shade on, or very close anyhow. Yes, it does get a bit darker after wearing for a little while. I've noticed that as well, but I think it improves as it darkens. I also love this color balm because it stays on, but yet has the texture of a lip balm. I also love the peppermint smell to this, which gives it an aromatherapy feel to it. I'd repurchase this one again no doubt. Revlon really made a very nice and distinct peach shade here that is very sexy, with no frost to it. They did a great job on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First off, I do think this is pretty overpriced for a drugstore lip product of this quality... it was almost 8 dollars at a Walmart near me. I don't understand the lip stain + balm idea- this product doesn't really "stain" the lips... it's basically like a pigmented chapstick that leaves slight coral color behind after it wears off.
That being said, the initial color (a pretty coral on the lips as opposed to light peach in the tube) wears off incredibly fast. The more subtle coral that is left behind as a "stain" is quite pretty as well.
Overall, it's a so-so product that I will definitely use up but don't think I would purchase again.
Also, if you're one who is sensitive to product odors, this doesn't really stink but it does have a distinct smell of minty dental floss/ wax that is a little strange.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by mpatterson13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product because I have been looking for the perfect peachy lip stain. I was intrigued by the addition of balm to the stain, so this product appeared like a dream come true. I like the fat tip and thick, sticky texture of the balm, and I love the initial peach color. However, after the balm dries (and it will dry within five minutes), your lips are left a hot pink, a magenta completely unlike the peach promised by the product. If you eat and drink while wearing this "stain", you will be left with a deep magenta ring around your mouth. I was not at all impressed with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Zeeni

I bought this color thinking i would have a nice slight nude color to my lips. I mean thats what the product looks like. It did give the color i was expecting but after a few hours it changed color? It turned into a more coral-pink color. Its still a really nice color just not what i payed for

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like lip products that are easy to use and not too intense for everyday, so when I saw these new balms, I thought I'd give this one a go first (the colours I liked better had already sold out). I like the chunky crayon packaging, it makes me feel nostalgic. The tip is a nice change from the usual flat top lip balm. As soon as I got in the car, I put it on...and it was instantly flake town. After scrubbing and using lashings of Burt's Bees balm, I finally got my lips smooth enough that I could apply this without looking like I had a horrible skin disease.

This colour is a very subtle light peach when it's first applied, but I find it turns into a peachy-pink over time. Being a balm, it doesn't last very long...it's certainly not a stain. Unlike a balm, it is not moisturising. It's not drying like a matte lipstick, but it certainly is not going to replace my normal lip balm. It's a shame, because I bought it in the hope it would be convenient.

I like the colour, and it's fun to use. It's certainly not a lip balm or a lip stain or anything else it claims to be though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by MicahIsBored

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I just got this yesterday and I immediately tried this on. First I want to say that I liked the color when I first put it on, and then it got brighter...and brighter...and brighter until it was almost the same color of Maybelline's Coral Crush. VERY bright. Because of all the reviews I watched on Youtube I was expecting a glossy, bearly there nude with a hint of pink/coral, like all the Youtubers said and what it looked like on their lips. The reason I bought this in the first place is because It looked like the only wearable color for me (Because I was really scared of all the brighter colors in the line.) All in all, I like it. It's not what I expected but it's a really pretty bright pinky/coral color. :)
The good thing about this is that summer is coming up and it would look pretty next to the pool or something. :D

Thanks for reading. ~Micah

PS. Oh, and what everyone else is saying about it being drying on your lips, not having a lot of product and a strong minty smell.

1. It's not very drying on my lips, It will get dry on me about mid-day, but stays creamy for a long time after you reapply.
2. Yes, there is only about a inch, maybe inch and a half of product. but because it is a stain you don't need much. (For me it will probably last a while.)
3. Mine really didn't smell of mint until you got your nose really close to it. (I was actually excited for the strong minty smell.. I love minty smells <3)

(((EDIT)))
Okay, so I have been wearing this for the past few days and I'm happy to say, I love it!
I guess I was really upset since it was supposed to be a nude with a hint of coral and when I put it on it was like a coral lipstick.. But I found out that if you exfoliate your lips and put a chapstick on before this product, it becomes a nice pinky coral color. Not a over barring coral color. still not a nude with a hint of coral. but I think I am starting to love it.
Thanks for reading! (I know it's a lot, but I wanted to be thorough) <3

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by vjagger

Thanks for giving me bright orange lips at work. Comes out light, turns feral bright orangey pink like those $2 colour change lipsticks. Eeew