December 20, 2014 | 1165 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Darling

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I love the idea of these lip stains. I love that they don't seem to irritate my sensitive lips like so many similar products do. But oy, vey! I just wish they would be true to color shown and stay that color. Also, I hate how these start to wear off and leave that ring of color around your mouth. They go on looking one way and always change significantly on my lips. Now, for the record, Darling is one of the nicer shades on my NW20 complexion. But I was hoping for a soft pale lavender. And this turns more of a berry tone on me. The color is fine, nothing special, but so not what I was hoping for from the color of the crayon. The color would get a 3-4. The product gets a 2-3.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Sagerina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cute but doesn't last. I actually like how light it is, but sometimes I wish it was more vibrant.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by MsBloodyFallen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As a teenager, $18 for a Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (which didn't have too much product) is quite a lot. So when I was given the opportunity to purchase products from the more expensive drugstore brands, I had picked Darling (and Lovesick) as one of my shades.

Darling, for me, is a frosty purple-lilac shade which doesn't entirely suit my slightly tanned skin colour. And I extremely disliked this shade. The smell was horrid and I don't like how it looks and how it feels on my lips (dry, fake and too frosty).

I think some of the other shades (like Lovesick) are much nicer and would not buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

This shade goes on light/blue-toned pink on me and stays that color, but it doesn't stay on very long at all and also takes 5-6 layers to see the color. I usually can't wear colors like this because it's too "Barbie" and cheap/tacky-looking on me, but this one grew on me. Since I don't have very many products for lips this color, I have been enjoying it. Mostly though, I've been using it as a lip balm with a little color around the house (like I do with 'Honey') and I'm going through it pretty fast. Definitely won't repurchase when I'm done with it. I've decided I'm not into these sheer lip colors; I don't want to see the texture of my lips when I'm wearing lip color. And I'm just barely comfortable wearing this color. It's just not the most flattering or attention-getting shade for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this product. It's really moisturising and the perfect balance between colour and shine/balm. The colour is more on the pink side than I was expecting from the packaging, but still a gorgeous lavender-toned pink that is striking and unusual. The formulation is nourishing but has staying power.

The packaging is sleek and looks pretty, and I like the tube because I always find tube lip products more hygienic than tub lip balms.

I actually lost this (cry) and have ordered another one. Really a great colour choice especially for fair-skinned girls.

**Side-note- the colour can really vary in lighting! I put loads on in my bedroom the first time I tried it because it wasn't showing up. I was disappointed and thought it was an over-hyped lipbalm. Went outside and it was BRIGHT pinky lilac!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely, lovely product, but it's just not what I wanted/expected. I want light lilac lips, dammit! And this shows up fuscia on me. Very pretty though. I'd probably try it in another color.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by maybejustme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I wanted to love the balm stains so much! However, it doesn't moisturize it just sits on my lips and after an hour or so it dries my lips out. I purchased Darling as I was looking for a lilac-pink color but the color turned out to be a bright fuchsia pink when I applied it. I like the fuchsia but the formula is way too glossy for my liking so I have to blot it before it is wearable. I definitely will not be purchasing Darling again and there is so much product in the tube! Still having a teensy hope for it to work on me so I'll be dropping by the drugstore to pick Crush up. Fingers crossed!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Merry_Dove

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip stain. I went by the other reviews before I bought this color. It is a beautiful blue-toned pink which fades into a nice subtle pink. No hints of purple on me. Blue-toned pinks look best with my skin tone and also have the benefit of making teeth appear whiter! Make lips feel nice and moisturized. I will probably re-apply after eating although there is still color stain remaining on my lips after eating.
Highly recommend. I better go out and buy several to keep them in stock in case Revlon discontinues them!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Skimming over the reviews I was surprised not to see anyone mention that this balm dramatically changes color on your lips! It applied very cool lavender pink (like the packaging color) but after I had left the house and looked in my compact 45 minutes later it was bright, almost hot pink. And of course I couldn't get it off. Since the lavender was somewhat flattering and the hot pink NOT flattering at all, this was a problem for me.

Balm consistency, packaging, application are all just fine but it's a dealbreaker that it changes from a color I like to a completely different-toned color. Be sure to give these a nice long test before you go out somewhere in them.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by rrrkadirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I got it in this color, and also in Cherish. I like to mix the two together and create a one of a kind, lush pinky-lavender lip. They go on smooth, they have a great,minty scent/flavor, & they make my lips feel great. They also do what they say they do - they stain your lips with a wash of beautiful color, and it lasts forever (at least 8 hrs on me). Even once the balm has worn off, my lips still have nice color to them, so I'll usually just apply a nice gloss over top if I don't want anymore color added, because obviously the more you apply the product, the deeper the color becomes. The nude shades are super nice, too. I got Charm and Precious, and right now, they are my everyday go to lip products. I also LOVE the packaging. They look like a pencil, but you don't have to sharpen. You just twist at the bottom like a lip balm, & there is a TON of product in these things. They are basically a dupe for Clinique's Chubby Sticks, and cost half the price. Score!