September 2, 2014 | 2130 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Darling

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by MsBloodyFallen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As a teenager, $18 for a Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (which didn't have too much product) is quite a lot. So when I was given the opportunity to purchase products from the more expensive drugstore brands, I had picked Darling (and Lovesick) as one of my shades.

Darling, for me, is a frosty purple-lilac shade which doesn't entirely suit my slightly tanned skin colour. And I extremely disliked this shade. The smell was horrid and I don't like how it looks and how it feels on my lips (dry, fake and too frosty).

I think some of the other shades (like Lovesick) are much nicer and would not buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

This shade goes on light/blue-toned pink on me and stays that color, but it doesn't stay on very long at all and also takes 5-6 layers to see the color. I usually can't wear colors like this because it's too "Barbie" and cheap/tacky-looking on me, but this one grew on me. Since I don't have very many products for lips this color, I have been enjoying it. Mostly though, I've been using it as a lip balm with a little color around the house (like I do with 'Honey') and I'm going through it pretty fast. Definitely won't repurchase when I'm done with it. I've decided I'm not into these sheer lip colors; I don't want to see the texture of my lips when I'm wearing lip color. And I'm just barely comfortable wearing this color. It's just not the most flattering or attention-getting shade for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this product. It's really moisturising and the perfect balance between colour and shine/balm. The colour is more on the pink side than I was expecting from the packaging, but still a gorgeous lavender-toned pink that is striking and unusual. The formulation is nourishing but has staying power.

The packaging is sleek and looks pretty, and I like the tube because I always find tube lip products more hygienic than tub lip balms.

I actually lost this (cry) and have ordered another one. Really a great colour choice especially for fair-skinned girls.

**Side-note- the colour can really vary in lighting! I put loads on in my bedroom the first time I tried it because it wasn't showing up. I was disappointed and thought it was an over-hyped lipbalm. Went outside and it was BRIGHT pinky lilac!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely, lovely product, but it's just not what I wanted/expected. I want light lilac lips, dammit! And this shows up fuscia on me. Very pretty though. I'd probably try it in another color.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by maybejustme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I wanted to love the balm stains so much! However, it doesn't moisturize it just sits on my lips and after an hour or so it dries my lips out. I purchased Darling as I was looking for a lilac-pink color but the color turned out to be a bright fuchsia pink when I applied it. I like the fuchsia but the formula is way too glossy for my liking so I have to blot it before it is wearable. I definitely will not be purchasing Darling again and there is so much product in the tube! Still having a teensy hope for it to work on me so I'll be dropping by the drugstore to pick Crush up. Fingers crossed!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Merry_Dove

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip stain. I went by the other reviews before I bought this color. It is a beautiful blue-toned pink which fades into a nice subtle pink. No hints of purple on me. Blue-toned pinks look best with my skin tone and also have the benefit of making teeth appear whiter! Make lips feel nice and moisturized. I will probably re-apply after eating although there is still color stain remaining on my lips after eating.
Highly recommend. I better go out and buy several to keep them in stock in case Revlon discontinues them!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Skimming over the reviews I was surprised not to see anyone mention that this balm dramatically changes color on your lips! It applied very cool lavender pink (like the packaging color) but after I had left the house and looked in my compact 45 minutes later it was bright, almost hot pink. And of course I couldn't get it off. Since the lavender was somewhat flattering and the hot pink NOT flattering at all, this was a problem for me.

Balm consistency, packaging, application are all just fine but it's a dealbreaker that it changes from a color I like to a completely different-toned color. Be sure to give these a nice long test before you go out somewhere in them.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by rrrkadirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I got it in this color, and also in Cherish. I like to mix the two together and create a one of a kind, lush pinky-lavender lip. They go on smooth, they have a great,minty scent/flavor, & they make my lips feel great. They also do what they say they do - they stain your lips with a wash of beautiful color, and it lasts forever (at least 8 hrs on me). Even once the balm has worn off, my lips still have nice color to them, so I'll usually just apply a nice gloss over top if I don't want anymore color added, because obviously the more you apply the product, the deeper the color becomes. The nude shades are super nice, too. I got Charm and Precious, and right now, they are my everyday go to lip products. I also LOVE the packaging. They look like a pencil, but you don't have to sharpen. You just twist at the bottom like a lip balm, & there is a TON of product in these things. They are basically a dupe for Clinique's Chubby Sticks, and cost half the price. Score!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

UPDATE: All my Balm Stains and Lip Butters are getting tossed, as they cause tiny pimples/blackheads on my lipline. Invariably by the end of the day when I wear these. Bizarre, and no thank you!

For me -- very cool-toned, fair skin, and pigmented lips -- this is the most wearable of these Balm Stains that I've tried. Initially, it applies as a blue-undertone, lavender pink -- do not bother if you don't like very cool tones. The stain is a deeper pink, but still similarly toned, so it's easy to wear. It doesn't get too overwhelming if you reapply once the balm wears off, though I usually apply a non-staining balm or gloss instead.

I like the wear of this product -- the feel of the balm is nice, and the stain is good without being over the top.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Suli8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely lip product. First, the packaging is great, in a pencil form that you need not to sharpen. Easily fits in your purse/bag. Smells like peppermint, which I like! It smells fresh. This colour is nice, I find that it's a purple/pink colour. But the less you apply the pinkier it looks and obviously the more you apply the colour gets more intense. So it's very build able. I find that on me, when I go over my lips a couple of times to achieve max colour, it turns almost a fuchsia pink, but it does have purple in it. But I like it. It's not actually a stain at all for me... if it does stain my lips its ever so slightly and its not with a purple tinge, its like a pinky red, but I'm not sure... my lips just get red a lot of the times from rubbing the product on them so much.. but they don't feel sore or anything so perhaps it is a slight stain. But either way I can't agree with the stain part that much, but other than that it's a nice product. I find it's not drying or anything like that, the colour is nice, you can definitely tell that it's a purpley shade, although I find its a lot on the wearable side.