November 23, 2014 | 1222 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Randomination22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This brush has made foundation application so much easier and much better looking! I didn't think I would say this about a mere face brush, but it helps to make me look much better.

It doesn't cost too much at all and the quality is great - the bristles are soft (and artificial), they're dense, and they evenly apply foundation to the point of it looking natural.

The brush is easy to clean and has not shed any fibres (touch wood!). Good price, great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by KweenJulie

I really like this brush! I use it for my loreal true match, and all my liquid foundations. Lately I've been using it on the bare minerals original mineral foundation, and it works really good with it!

The brush is really dense and soft but not too soft, wich i really like. I also really like how it looks! It's also really easy to clean! Alot of brushes change shape after you've washed it, but this doesn't. (probably because it is syntethic)

As I said, I use it for my foundations, but I think it will work really good for contouring too!!!

So if you're on a budget and you need a foundation/powder/Contour brush, I think you should buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by aroraaros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading through the reviews on MUA,watching tutorials with everyone using this brush and being the total brush hoarder that I am bought the brush,ive been using the expert face brush for a month and a half now,I can say it truly does live up to its name,its can be used for a number of other applications just like the other awesome brushes in the range,contouring applying blush,highlighting etc,but the true magic is in the way it applies any foundation so flawlessly,its dense which makes it a dream to blend foundation without the bristles being splayed all over just pushing the product around making application easy and breezy.

The downside,I have to wash it very often or applying foundation with this becomes a streaky mess but this is no fault of the brush using any foundation brush with liquid foundation can cause this,washing can become a chore but simply use an oil based brush cleaner to remove the built up gunk and you'll be done in no time just make sure the remover does not touch the barrel of the brush that would make the glue holding the bristles weak causing the brush to fall apart.

TIP- I've noticed a lot of people complain that the brush is difficult to clean,what I've learned from trail and error is never to dip your foundation brush in the product or put foundation directly on the brush(refering only to liquid and cream type of course)the min you put the brush to your face its just going to push whatever foundation you've put on the brush further down the bristles,you will also notice more product will be used this way as very little is actually going on your face and more being stuck in the brush making it difficult to clean,instead apply foundation to your face with fingers or old paddle brush in dots then using the expert face brush to blend out,this is going to save product and brush wash time.

I would buy this brush again without a doubt,hope my info was helpful.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by frankie79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this with my Missha M Signature BB cream (which is really a foundation). I used to apply it with my hands and found it went on a little cakey, but when applied with this brush it buffs it on so lightly that it just looks like my face, but with even skin tone. I took one lippie off because you will probably use more product with this brush to get fuller coverage as it does buff the product on very thinly (I think the brush may absorb quite a bit), but it does absolutely give you a flawless, streak free finish with not a single smear, line or crease. I recommend watching the Youtube video of how to use the brush too. Definitely helpful.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been coming across so many great reviews of this brush everywhere that I had to buy it, even though I've recently and happily rediscovered powder foundation (MAC Studiofix).
It really does live up to the hype! I tried it out with my liquid foundation and couldn't believe the flawless, even finish. This brush does all the work - gets into every area of the face, and no need to pat it down with fingers afterwards. Washes easily and dries in a few hours.
The quality is amazing particularly at around 10/$10 and worth buying even if you only use liquid or cream foundation occasionally (although from reviews I've read it seems to work just as well with powders and other products).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Good points - love the texture on the handle, the way the bristles fit in the crannies, and the flat end on the handle so you can stand it on end. Less great - I don't like it as well as the EcoTools Bamboo Buffing Brush, which is a flat-top but blends better than this one. I do like this RT brush, but will when it's time, I'll replace with the EcoTools.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG I love this brush! I've been using my hands to apply my liquid foundation for 5+ years and am a convert now. Got it cheap from Target....best purchase ever I'm going to buy another in fear that they will one day be discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great brush for pressing In foundation, it may take me a while longer to do my face routine but this makes makeup really sink into the skin and not look fake, but somewhat natural. it is very dense and somewhat curved on the outside and this does make my lower coverage foundations build and looks beautiful. I definetly reccomend this brush its a good price and good quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by korean

nice brush. no shedding. very dense. not scratchy. impressive for the price. good for buffing in thicker foundation. I got it on amazon. I do tend to use the buffing brush more than this one because this one is soo dense ,for me it requires a lighter hand when buffing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by shoppingproblem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really really love this brush. it is soft, easy to clean, inexpensive and it gives you flawless finish with foundation, tinted moisturizer, bb cream. i even tried this for contouring when i was travelling and forgot my contour brush and the result was not bad at all. i use this everyday with my garnier bb cream or l'oreal lumi magique foundation and i love the results. for me it is the second best brush ever and the first one is deluxe crease brush by rt. rt brushes are generally very good quality for good value. i have been using expert face brush for about 6 months now and i haven't seen a single hair falling off. if anything happens to this brush i'm definitely buying again.