Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

I'm not sure there's anything I can say that hasn't already been said about this brush. This was the first domed foundation brush that I ever tried and it changed my make-up game forever. I always have one in my bathroom and a spare in my purse. The one in my purse is more for blending and evening out my make-up as it settles through the day. It always looks fresh after a few swirls around my t-zone.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

LOVE it, it makes my normally dry and cakey foundation look absolutely flawless. I'm scared that it won't last though because all of my RT brushes get rough on me in about a month :(

on 3/28/2015 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I really enjoy this brush. The size and shape is perfect for getting into smaller spaces such as under your eyes or around your nose. Applying liquid foundation is a breeze with this brush, and it leaves a perfect finish. I really should see about adding a second brush to my collection to use when the first one is dirty.

on 3/28/2015 8:01:00 PM

really nice for blending concealer!

on 3/28/2015 7:30:00 PM

I'm now on to my second "Expert Face Brush", I owned my first one for approx 1yr then it suddenly started to excessively shed its bristles; which I'm assuming is down to a breakdown of the glue due to products & washing it etc. I was abit dissapointed because it looked in perfect condition still but never mind. 1yrs worth of daily use for £10ish is worth it & before then it didn't shed at all. Despite the above this is by far the best brush I've ever used for foundation, I wasn't so keen when I first bought it but I grew to love it & I use it everyday to apply Estee Lauder Double Wear & it blends it perfectly. I won't use anything else to apply my foundation hence why I ran straight out to buy a replacement.

on 3/24/2015 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i bought this brush to use for blending my foundation, and although it does work really well for that, i have found that the best use for this brush is blending undereye concealer. i also use it with liquid highlight. it's the perfect size (for under your eyes, that is; it is smaller than a typical face brush) and it blends the product seamlessly into the skin instead of buffing it off. i definitely prefer this brush over the buffing brushes i used before because buffing brushes seem to suck up liquid and cream products whereas this one does not absorb product at all. not only does this save product, but if you are lazy like me, you can use this brush for a long time between washes because it does not get stiff from absorbing your makeup, and it blends your makeup right on your skin rather than absorbing your makeup while you're trying to blend. at $9 it's so cheap considering how good the quality is.

PROS: Fantastic for liquid foundation application and even blush, if you don't like a broad stroke.

CONS: Not great for oil-based foundations. Need synthetic for those.

on 3/21/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is the first brush I've ever used to apply foundation. I originally bought it to use with the Milani powder foundation because I was curious about powder foundation (it's completely useless, BTW). BUT then I discovered how great this brush is for liquid and mousse foundation! I've never been a fan of using my hands with the Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid, and this brush makes it go on so nicely with way less mess. I've also used it with my HG Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse and the application & finish were beautiful! The bristles are dense enough that you can really buff in the product. I think it's actually faster than using the RT sponge or my hands. It cleans well and doesn't shed--I'm impressed with the quality and I would absolutely recommend it to someone who is new to applying foundation with a brush!

on 3/21/2015 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This brush is absolutely amazing! It's dense and soft and is brilliant for both liquid and powder foundations. I prefer using this brush with my powder foundations over using my MAC Kabuki brush! However it still blends liquid foundations perfectly and this has so far been the best product for me to use with my MAC Prolongwear foundation and L'Oreal Infallible. The shape is really great too and helps to get products around the nose and near the eyes. I personally haven't had a single hair shed onto my face, or noticed any shedding. I've owned and regularly used + cleaned this product for approximately 5 months now. I will probably pick up a second one soon just so I don't have to wash it as often.

If you live in Australia like I do DON'T pay the exorbitant price charged by Priceline and the like. Search online for reliable drugstore makeup stores and get them for US prices!

on 3/21/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this brush for liquid foundation and concealer application! It's flawless! It's also a pretty brush, so it's fine to leave lying around. Although, my brush is bamboo not the pink from the pictures. It doesn't shed and leave dreaded bristles on your face during application, and it's also soft enough to use around your eyes and if you have sensitive skin. LOVE.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products