Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm quite impressed with this brush after being a MAC stippling brush user for many years. it feels soft on the skin, almost luxurious as it glides the foundation over my face. i thought that this would be a product-soaker of my expensive foundation but it actually isn't, even takes less time to apply foundation vs. my MAC stippling brush. no shedding, washed with baby shampoo, and great price!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this brush so much! I'm more into sponges, but if I use a brush, it's going to be this one. It blends out foundations flawlessly and it's perfectly dense. It's also a great price.
This brush can be used with thinner or thicker foundations. My only con is how small it is, causing me to take awhile to blend my foundation. Other than that, it's perfect!

At first I really love this brush. It applies my foundation or bb cream very well. After a while though, I prefer using my beautyblender. I just find that the beautyblender isn't as abrasive as this, not that this is very abrasive. The beautyblender is just softer as it is after all a sponge.

I always wash my brushes after each use. The quality of this brush is just amazing. The synthetic hair never ever falls out and that's what I love the most from Real Techniques brushes.

Also, the design of the brush is beautiful. I love the gorgeous colours of Real Techniques brushes, they look as if they're very expensive and high end.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i really like this brush to apply my liquid foundation , but the thing that i didn't like from this brush is they create such a mark from the brush even i always use the clean brush (after i cleaned it with baby shampoo baby oil) , even i try several technique to make the mark gone but it still there . and since i'm a lazy person ever so i'm quiet lazy to wash my brush twice a week so i'm just back using my hands again to applied my foundation now .

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this brush to use with liquid foundation. I found the finish to be streaky. This is toted as a multitasking brush. I would not recommend this for liquid foundation. Instead I would use this product for buffing mineral foundations due to the density to achieve a full coverage. I wish the brush head was bigger as well.

The brush is well made and could possibly have many uses but it did not satisfy my need. I will continue to explore different application techniques.

I finally managed to get my hands on this foundation brush after reading rave reviews. End result: I LOVE IT. I use the Sephora stippling brush and switched to this and I am so glad I did as the Sephora has started to shed and it does a better job. It blends my foundation so well. I have an airbrushed look after application. Friends have even commented and wondered if I had changed my foundation. I will continue using this brush as it really does make a difference. You won't be disappointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush for my liquid foundations. This works SO much better than my MAC foundation brushes and so far, has not shed a single bristle. I am literally in awe on how good my foundation/skin looks after using this - it literally look airbrushed, an effect that NO brush has ever been able to accomplish before.

However, I must say that I do find the handle a bit too long, bulky and slightly annoying to hold but it's a small price to pay for the finish.

I own the RT blush brush but am not overwhelmed by it, it's just ok - but after trying this I am definitely going to be trying/buying more from this brand!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

After seeing so many rave reviews about this brush, i was hoping for a better outcome. I have 2 real techniques brushes that i absolutely LOVE but this expert face brush is unfortunately not one of them. I used it with my full coverage foundation, my sheer coverage foundation, my bb cream and my tinted moisturizer- no matter what i did (buffed, dabbed, blended in a circular motion) , this brush left my skin streaky and un even. The only thing it really works for is concealer for me, but i already have a concealer brush that gives me the same result as the expert face brush does. Very dissappointed with this brush, the way it was talked about- i thought it would be some magical skin perfecting brush that gave you a flawless application- i was wrong. I do however suggest everyone try this brush because it might just work for you and for 10$ its worth the shot. I will try using this with blush, bronzer and highlighter- id rather use it for something instead of having it sit around.

This is a fine brush, and I'm not usually a fan of using brushes for foundation. The only gripe I have is that the handle is so unwieldly and awkward to hold. I have small hands, and I can barely grip this baby. Would still repurchase as I can adapt to the handle I'm sure, and the results are worth it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This brush is amazing. I use it for everything. I use it on my cheeks where I have hyper pigmentation acne scars with my smashbox studio skin and holy moly it's like I have perfect skin. I don't as need as much full coverage for the rest of my face so I use a stippling brush everywhere else. I also use it to buff in my undereye concealer. I also use it with my chanel cream bronzer and it looks so airbrush and flawless! The key to using this brush I've noticed is in the technique (no pun intended). I use it like I'm patting in the product and let the bristles do all the work. I noticed if you rub it in or try to use it like a paddle foundation brush it will look awful and streaky, even with a really nice foundation.

There's not much to hate about this product. It blends just as well and perhaps better than high end brushes. It's affordable and versatile. If you have blemishes and/or hyper pigmentation and need medium/full coverage try this brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes