Maybelline Baby Lips - Peppermint

3.9

on 1/20/2014 2:46:00 PM

Baby lips got a lot of buzz from all of my friends last year when it came around. Curious, I bought two. The peppermint, and a really pink one (a shade that was definitely not for me). I gave the pink one to my cousin and kept the peppermint for myself.
The packaging is simply cute. Bright green and clear. And the balm does what it says, moisturizes, isn't tacky, smells minty fresh without being overpowering and makes my lips look very soft and pretty.
This stuff is always in my purse.

on 1/7/2014 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love it! Makes my lips sooo soft and moist! I need to buy more!

I have heard of Baby Lips before but didn't see what the big hype was all about. I mean, all lip balms do the same thing. Right? Maybelline provide a wide range of scents to their balms - this one in particular being, Mint Fresh - which again, there are other brands out there that provide that. However, this one has a flavour on top of that! So you know when you put your lipstick/balm on and you accidentally lick your lips without thinking, and then you get that horrible taste from the product? Well you can avoid that experience when wearing Baby Lips. You're right, it really isn't a big invention which makes us need to go find one at god knows what hour of the day, but it is a nice factor to add on top of any other ordinary balm.

As for its job...I first used it around three days ago. When I first gave it a go, the texture was a main aspect I was looking out for; usually I get this tacky build up on my lips after putting a lip balm on which really is not pleasant. However, this one gave a glossy finish, a minty taste and a smooth feel. So all-in-all, it is a good-quality lip balm. If you're someone who likes to gather a collection of similar products then I would recommend looking out for the various flavours Baby Lips has to offer. I heard there is a Strawberry one...enough said. As for the long-lasting finish we would all love every product to have, this one doesn't offer a promise of duration. Mine usually wears off after around 2-3 hours which is on a productive day; tutorials, meetings, embracing the wonderful cold weather...So I would say it is a well lasting product.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

When I go to sleep, I have to put something on my lips. If not, my lips get dry and chapped, and I have a slimy feeling from licking my lips all night during sleep. Nighttime and winter are the times when I need moisture in my lips, and this product helps a lot with that. It keep my lips moisturized and never dries it out. And it has sunscreen? PUUURFECT :)

on 9/28/2013 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this lip blam, It smels gorgeous, Leaves a nice glossy sheen and lasts for ages leaving my lips soft and i havnt had cracked or chapped lips since ive started using it! Would defo recommend x Also I just bought them in Pink Punch and Intensive Care

on 9/22/2013 4:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This product has just launched in the UK and I was so excited to use it after all the hype from America. With so many tasty flavours it took me ages to decide upon the peppermint version, I mainly chose this as it was colourless.

The minty smell is very mild and doesn't last long. Normally mint products leave a tingly sensation that cools and refreshes...not this one though. My lips do feel moisturised and soft and I love the fun packaging. I think I will buy other chapsticks from this line, I wish I had opted for the cherry one!

on 8/7/2013 10:41:00 AM

I simply adore this product! I have been using this product for the past 6 months and I can honestly say that it has made a huge improvement to my lips. I suffer from chronic chapped lips, I had tried every single lip balm ever made from Burt's Bees to Rosebud salve to Blistex. This is the only product in my arsenal that fights my chronic chapped lips. Every time I see one in the supermarket or drug store, I buy it because it's the best. I love the way it tingles when you first put it on and it kind of cools your lips. It's not sticky or super waxy and you can apply it every couple of hours and not have this gross feeling on your lips. My lips are so soft now and I think it even helped with some of the lines that were forming on them. I have it in most of the other shades but this one is the best.

on 7/4/2013 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like the peppermint, most lip balms are either too strong or you can't taste it but this was perfect, I like how it caps and doesn't fall but there was just too little for too much. It's usually around 5 dollars but I got it for 3 at Dollar General. Even then it is not enough product to pay 5 dollars for (even 3 is up there for around .15 oz of lip balm) but the SPF 20 is nice for summer.

on 6/20/2013 5:02:00 PM

I bought this lipbalm as a travel companion for a trip I did to Lima (Peru) in the summer and it was ok, it really help me feel a little more at easy about all the hours I passed under the sun, but then when I came back to my home I didn't use it even once.

My main problem with this balm is the greasy feeling it has on your lips, it feels like vaseline.

on 4/22/2013 3:59:00 AM

Honestly... I am a little irritated about the entire baby lips line. It reminds me exactly of BeneFit makeup and there style and marketing scheme. They take a product, make it fun, in pretty bright colors- hype it up like its something so amazing everyone has to have it- and it ends up being such a let down. I liked baby lips.... i love the colors and how cute it looks... but in all reality, I can get chapstick, or other lip treatments that work 3x better, at half the price. So because it comes in a cute tub with neon colors, it should be double thr price? Softlips works WAY better... will actually give you baby lips, and it costs $2.00. Who in there right mind pays 5$ for a tube of chapstick? and it doesnt even moisturize and give you baby lips like they said it will. I bought one of the tubes to see what the hype was about, and it was exactly as I thought it would.be- nothing special at all.