Maybelline Baby Lips - Peppermint

3.9

on 2/8/2014 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Like all Maybelline Baby Lips, this product is too overhyped! I bought this in hopes for a more moisturizing lip balm version of the Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm but I was wrong! The smell of the lipbalm isn't the typical mentholated peppermint, it smells slightly like SPF and mint and is not very pleasing to smell on the lips. However, there is no taste to it. The texture is smooth and silky and it is not waxy at all. If you apply too much of it, your lips do look very greasy. I apply this on before I go to bed and the next day, my lips are super dried out! The lipbalm is somewhat longlasting on the lips and I usually reapply in 2-3 hours. This lip balm is great for those who want a slight gloss to their lips without the hassle of a sticky gloss. Overall, I will not repurchase this.

on 2/6/2014 2:45:00 PM

The hype surrounding baby lips is impossible for me to get my head around. It doesn't moisturise the lips at all, it's just this oily film that stays on your lips for about 10 minutes before wiping off and having to be re applied again. 100% not worth buying if you really want something that actually moisturises your lips. I also don't think the packaging is very nice, to me, it's a bit childish and i'm 17!

on 2/4/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am completely in love with the Baby Lips products. They give a pretty good color payoff while moisturizing. The Peppermint shade, if you can even call it that, of course smells like peppermint. It's quite moisturizing but not very long-lasting. All of the varieties of Baby Lips, that I've tried so far, go on very smooth and feel great. This one being the smoothest. This is a good choice if you just want something moisturizing to throw in your purse. To expand on the Baby Lips line, my personal favorites are the Dr Rescue versions. Now those bad boys moisturize like you would not believe. If you want a deep moisturizing lip product, I would go for the clear Dr Rescue Baby Lips over this one.

on 1/20/2014 2:46:00 PM

Baby lips got a lot of buzz from all of my friends last year when it came around. Curious, I bought two. The peppermint, and a really pink one (a shade that was definitely not for me). I gave the pink one to my cousin and kept the peppermint for myself.
The packaging is simply cute. Bright green and clear. And the balm does what it says, moisturizes, isn't tacky, smells minty fresh without being overpowering and makes my lips look very soft and pretty.
This stuff is always in my purse.

on 1/7/2014 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love it! Makes my lips sooo soft and moist! I need to buy more!

I have heard of Baby Lips before but didn't see what the big hype was all about. I mean, all lip balms do the same thing. Right? Maybelline provide a wide range of scents to their balms - this one in particular being, Mint Fresh - which again, there are other brands out there that provide that. However, this one has a flavour on top of that! So you know when you put your lipstick/balm on and you accidentally lick your lips without thinking, and then you get that horrible taste from the product? Well you can avoid that experience when wearing Baby Lips. You're right, it really isn't a big invention which makes us need to go find one at god knows what hour of the day, but it is a nice factor to add on top of any other ordinary balm.

As for its job...I first used it around three days ago. When I first gave it a go, the texture was a main aspect I was looking out for; usually I get this tacky build up on my lips after putting a lip balm on which really is not pleasant. However, this one gave a glossy finish, a minty taste and a smooth feel. So all-in-all, it is a good-quality lip balm. If you're someone who likes to gather a collection of similar products then I would recommend looking out for the various flavours Baby Lips has to offer. I heard there is a Strawberry one...enough said. As for the long-lasting finish we would all love every product to have, this one doesn't offer a promise of duration. Mine usually wears off after around 2-3 hours which is on a productive day; tutorials, meetings, embracing the wonderful cold weather...So I would say it is a well lasting product.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

When I go to sleep, I have to put something on my lips. If not, my lips get dry and chapped, and I have a slimy feeling from licking my lips all night during sleep. Nighttime and winter are the times when I need moisture in my lips, and this product helps a lot with that. It keep my lips moisturized and never dries it out. And it has sunscreen? PUUURFECT :)

on 9/28/2013 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this lip blam, It smels gorgeous, Leaves a nice glossy sheen and lasts for ages leaving my lips soft and i havnt had cracked or chapped lips since ive started using it! Would defo recommend x Also I just bought them in Pink Punch and Intensive Care

on 9/22/2013 4:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This product has just launched in the UK and I was so excited to use it after all the hype from America. With so many tasty flavours it took me ages to decide upon the peppermint version, I mainly chose this as it was colourless.

The minty smell is very mild and doesn't last long. Normally mint products leave a tingly sensation that cools and refreshes...not this one though. My lips do feel moisturised and soft and I love the fun packaging. I think I will buy other chapsticks from this line, I wish I had opted for the cherry one!

on 8/7/2013 10:41:00 AM

I simply adore this product! I have been using this product for the past 6 months and I can honestly say that it has made a huge improvement to my lips. I suffer from chronic chapped lips, I had tried every single lip balm ever made from Burt's Bees to Rosebud salve to Blistex. This is the only product in my arsenal that fights my chronic chapped lips. Every time I see one in the supermarket or drug store, I buy it because it's the best. I love the way it tingles when you first put it on and it kind of cools your lips. It's not sticky or super waxy and you can apply it every couple of hours and not have this gross feeling on your lips. My lips are so soft now and I think it even helped with some of the lines that were forming on them. I have it in most of the other shades but this one is the best.