September 1, 2014 | 1372 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by emmarado

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have pretty oily skin, so I was really excited to try this foundation out.
I personally don't think this foundation will work very well for someone with super oily skin like mine, because after wearing it for just a couple hours, my nose (which is the oiliest spot on my face) was super greasy. I have to blot and re-powder my face at least three times a day.
The rest of my face was relatively alright, but the main reason I bought this foundation was to control the oil on my nose, and since it didn't I wasn't very impressed.
It didn't sit very well on my skin either. I tried to use a makeup brush to blend it out, but the bristles on the brush became very stiff like the foundation had stuck them together or something. When putting on this product I would suggest blending quickly, because the formula is pretty liquidy and dries faster.
It doesn't have the best coverage, but I didn't really buy the product for the amount of coverage so it didn't bother me.
I was really hoping for this foundation to work on my oily skin because after reading some reviews, it sounded like it'd done wonders for others. For me it just wasn't it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by lvn4jesus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I obtained two samples of this foundation from my local Sephora. I received very generous amounts (I live is a community not know for diversity so I bet that was the first time those sample bottles were ever opened).
I got 'Spice' and 'Golden'. Spice has more yellow undertones while Golden has more reddish undertones. I am NC50 in Mac, Nutmeg in Black Opal, and Earth 1 in Iman cosmetics. I am looking for a liquid foundation that is light and wearable during warmer months that will also help control oil. I apply makeup once in the AM and don't have the time (nor desire) to do major touch ups. I do blot the oily areas and my re-powder every once in awhile.
I have used it consistently for two weeks at this point.
The coverage is light at initial application with the ability to build up to medium coverage.
I tried four application methods: flat foundation brush, RT expert face brush, beauty blender sponge, and applying with my fingers.
The flat foundation brush was the most difficult method to apply this foundation. It applied in streaks and blending it into my skin was a chore.
The RT expert buffing brush worked well. When I had extra time in the morning to work it in, the finish was flawless.
The quickest methods of application were my fingers and the beauty blender. I HATE foundation on my hands (it gets under my nails and...ugh) but it works when I'm in a hurry. The beauty blender also lays the foundation down well in a shorter amount of time vs. the RT brush (using the stippling technique).
The foundation lives up to its name. It does keep your skin matte. My t zone oil slick is greatly reduced in size when using this foundation. I use a translucent oil absorbing powder over the foundation.
I can go about 4 hours on a hot day before I absolutely have to blot and the area I blot is much smaller in size (bridge of nose, between eyebrows, small part of chin) versus my entire forehead, length of nose, and cheeks.
I also appreciate how this foundation does not transfer. My beloved Black Opal foundation does transfer no matter how well I set it. This does not. A major plus in my book.
I have not been photographed with this foundation, so I don't know how it would translate there.
Some may not like how flat their skin looks when completely matte, but after it warms up and mixes with my skins natural oils, it looks nice.
I prefer the "Spice" color vs. the "Golden" for my skin tone. Both colors work, but I prefer "Spice" personally.
I have admired Clinique for their commitment to catering to a wide range of skin tones and types. A lot of brands claim to have a diversified line, but they really mean 50 Shades of Beige.
I will seriously consider purchasing an entire bottle when my samples run out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by joannajlfx

Love this, great coverage and not cakey at all

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by sc06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This liquid foundation gives good coverage. I find there is no need for concealer unless there are very visible imperfections to cover. It agrees to my very sensitive skin and doesn't cause me to break out. By the end of the day when used with just sunscreens I find it does dry out and becomes a bit cakey. So I started applying less of the product with each application and this stopped the cakey effect. Its therefore great especially for night use and goes well over a moisturiser.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kaykaykasey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the price point since it is very affordable compared to most high end foundations. The only problem I have with this foundation is it clings to my dry patches like a magnet. I only have dry patches around my nose but it is severely noticeable to peers that I have makeup since those dry patches stand out. This isn't the most natural looking foundation since it is so matte so I do recommend using a highlighter and blush with this so you look a little more alive (:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes this foundation is the holy gail for me. Wow. This foundation is gel and goes on great. It is not cakey because it's gel. I do not need a primer with this. The package iseasy to use. I can control the product since its a squeezeable tube. Even though I use a finishing powder on top my foundation looks like skin. It does not look like I'm wearing powder. Also I like the idea that my natural oils come through. It make me look like I'm not wearing makeup. It's just flawless. It's medium coverage. I love this foundation. It cost 20 bucks. It's 22 with taxes. A small amount goes a long way. People heads turn when I walk in the room. They complement my skin not my makeup. I use a light concealer under my eyes after my foundation trapped with translucent powder on concealer followed by regular face powder then blush. Then Damn. Lol awesomeness.update.....08/01/2014. This foundation is still a winner I still love it. I have been alternating between this is Mac studio fixed fluid only because I need to use up my makeup before it expires. It's summer and it looks even better.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by smoothtalkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation! Not cakey, doesn't sit in fine lines, medium-buildable finish, long wearing, great price and see-thru package, this stuff has it all.

I have oily-combination skin, but I don't have time to retouch my makeup during the day. This is the first foundation that stays stain-finished for 4+ hours. I let my natural oils seep through so I look a bit more lifelike. On days that I need a flawless coverage I use Clinique's Superprimer and Clnique's Stay Matte Power. I used this combo on my wedding day in the Caribbean with no touch ups and my photos came out perfect (un-Photoshopped!).

I highly recommend this foundation if you want a medium coverage with satin finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by sll74

I have oily skin and had been doing powder mineral makeup for many years but wanted to try a liquid for a more glowy (not oily) look. for me the color match is great and this goes on easy (i use a brush) and it lasts all day. i set it with the loose translucent powder. this looks really nice on me in photos and i don't really need heavy concealer where i have some blemishes from previous acne. this really wears like my skin. this seems to be the best clinique foundation for my skin type so i'll stick with it for sure. i hope they don't change the formulation or colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by apricotcloud

I have been using a tester of this and am REALLY IMPRESSED. I have tried a lot of foundations for combo/oily/sensitive skin (Mac Studio Fix, Mac Full Cover, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Bourjois Flower Perfection, Bourjois 123 Perfection, Revlon Colorstay etc) and none of them have touched this.

I was previously using Mac Full Cover (the big concealer thing you can only get in PRO stores) but it was making my skin so greasy I just had to switch to something oil free.

This clinique foundation is oil free and really suits my sensitive skin. The only thing I would improve is having a slightly more yellow-based range of colours. I am using 01 which is the palest shade - it does suit me if I blend it out well but I wish it was just a tiny bit more yellow-based.

It literally lasts ALL DAY. I use it with their anti blemish concealer and a little bit of powder on top and I work out like a maniac and it still stays put. Really impressed, definitely worth the money and the fact it's oil free is a huge bonus for me :]

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Eldzi

I bought this maybe 9 months ago. I wanted a foundation that would cover my pimples and that stays matte, so i got this.

I liked it at first but after using it a couple of months a realized that this is the WORST foundation that ive ever had. It "goes" in to your pores and make the face look cakey. It doesnt stay matte at all. It doesnt cover my pimples and darkspots either.
The coverage is buildable but it looks cakey.

One more thing that is happening the last month is that the foundation looks pretty ok when i first put it on in the morning. When i come home from school it looks awful, it oxidize and make my face look orange. The face is orange and the neck is fair.. It doesnt look good at all.

So i suggest you to not buy this foundation. But if you want to buy it make sure to get a lighter color because it oxidize. And Get a sample from your beauty store before buying it to see if it fits you :)

+ great package, not luxury but useful
+ long lasting