October 1, 2014 | 1766 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by emalemonpie

When I first started using this foundation, I found it incredible. It has great coverage, my skin wasn't shiny or dry, it seemed to balance my combination/acne-prone skin out. As my acne started to get worse I thought it felt horrendous on my face, the foundation is really thick and I felt as though my pores couldn't breath and it was affecting my skin (even making my breakouts worse), I stopped using it and my breakouts continued to happen so this wasn't the case, although, I won't be using it while my skin breaks out as I feel the foundation is too thick and feels too heavy on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by hnc97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After failing miserably with my stint trying Cover Girl foundation and ending up with cystic acne, I switched to this! I have been using it for a few years now and I love it, and I have no acne whatsoever now. Good color range, good oil-absorbing power, and pretty natural and build-able finish. I do wish the staying power was bit better, as it fades by the end of the day even when I set it with pressed powder. The bottom line is this a great foundation and the cost is relatively fair for a higher-end makeup brand! I love Clinique, since it so dermatologist-based, I can trust that it will not clog my pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by daretobeyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have not tried many "high end" foundations. Actually this is a first. anyway I like this foundation so far. I have super oily skin and I noticed my skin was not as oily as normal when wearing makeup. It also allowed for great eyeshandow application!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by emmarado

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have pretty oily skin, so I was really excited to try this foundation out.
I personally don't think this foundation will work very well for someone with super oily skin like mine, because after wearing it for just a couple hours, my nose (which is the oiliest spot on my face) was super greasy. I have to blot and re-powder my face at least three times a day.
The rest of my face was relatively alright, but the main reason I bought this foundation was to control the oil on my nose, and since it didn't I wasn't very impressed.
It didn't sit very well on my skin either. I tried to use a makeup brush to blend it out, but the bristles on the brush became very stiff like the foundation had stuck them together or something. When putting on this product I would suggest blending quickly, because the formula is pretty liquidy and dries faster.
It doesn't have the best coverage, but I didn't really buy the product for the amount of coverage so it didn't bother me.
I was really hoping for this foundation to work on my oily skin because after reading some reviews, it sounded like it'd done wonders for others. For me it just wasn't it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by lvn4jesus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I obtained two samples of this foundation from my local Sephora. I received very generous amounts (I live is a community not know for diversity so I bet that was the first time those sample bottles were ever opened).
I got 'Spice' and 'Golden'. Spice has more yellow undertones while Golden has more reddish undertones. I am NC50 in Mac, Nutmeg in Black Opal, and Earth 1 in Iman cosmetics. I am looking for a liquid foundation that is light and wearable during warmer months that will also help control oil. I apply makeup once in the AM and don't have the time (nor desire) to do major touch ups. I do blot the oily areas and my re-powder every once in awhile.
I have used it consistently for two weeks at this point.
The coverage is light at initial application with the ability to build up to medium coverage.
I tried four application methods: flat foundation brush, RT expert face brush, beauty blender sponge, and applying with my fingers.
The flat foundation brush was the most difficult method to apply this foundation. It applied in streaks and blending it into my skin was a chore.
The RT expert buffing brush worked well. When I had extra time in the morning to work it in, the finish was flawless.
The quickest methods of application were my fingers and the beauty blender. I HATE foundation on my hands (it gets under my nails and...ugh) but it works when I'm in a hurry. The beauty blender also lays the foundation down well in a shorter amount of time vs. the RT brush (using the stippling technique).
The foundation lives up to its name. It does keep your skin matte. My t zone oil slick is greatly reduced in size when using this foundation. I use a translucent oil absorbing powder over the foundation.
I can go about 4 hours on a hot day before I absolutely have to blot and the area I blot is much smaller in size (bridge of nose, between eyebrows, small part of chin) versus my entire forehead, length of nose, and cheeks.
I also appreciate how this foundation does not transfer. My beloved Black Opal foundation does transfer no matter how well I set it. This does not. A major plus in my book.
I have not been photographed with this foundation, so I don't know how it would translate there.
Some may not like how flat their skin looks when completely matte, but after it warms up and mixes with my skins natural oils, it looks nice.
I prefer the "Spice" color vs. the "Golden" for my skin tone. Both colors work, but I prefer "Spice" personally.
I have admired Clinique for their commitment to catering to a wide range of skin tones and types. A lot of brands claim to have a diversified line, but they really mean 50 Shades of Beige.
I will seriously consider purchasing an entire bottle when my samples run out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by joannajlfx

Love this, great coverage and not cakey at all

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by sc06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This liquid foundation gives good coverage. I find there is no need for concealer unless there are very visible imperfections to cover. It agrees to my very sensitive skin and doesn't cause me to break out. By the end of the day when used with just sunscreens I find it does dry out and becomes a bit cakey. So I started applying less of the product with each application and this stopped the cakey effect. Its therefore great especially for night use and goes well over a moisturiser.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kaykaykasey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the price point since it is very affordable compared to most high end foundations. The only problem I have with this foundation is it clings to my dry patches like a magnet. I only have dry patches around my nose but it is severely noticeable to peers that I have makeup since those dry patches stand out. This isn't the most natural looking foundation since it is so matte so I do recommend using a highlighter and blush with this so you look a little more alive (:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes this foundation is the holy gail for me. Wow. This foundation is gel and goes on great. It is not cakey because it's gel. I do not need a primer with this. The package iseasy to use. I can control the product since its a squeezeable tube. Even though I use a finishing powder on top my foundation looks like skin. It does not look like I'm wearing powder. Also I like the idea that my natural oils come through. It make me look like I'm not wearing makeup. It's just flawless. It's medium coverage. I love this foundation. It cost 20 bucks. It's 22 with taxes. A small amount goes a long way. People heads turn when I walk in the room. They complement my skin not my makeup. I use a light concealer under my eyes after my foundation trapped with translucent powder on concealer followed by regular face powder then blush. Then Damn. Lol awesomeness.update.....08/01/2014. This foundation is still a winner I still love it. I have been alternating between this is Mac studio fixed fluid only because I need to use up my makeup before it expires. It's summer and it looks even better.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by smoothtalkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation! Not cakey, doesn't sit in fine lines, medium-buildable finish, long wearing, great price and see-thru package, this stuff has it all.

I have oily-combination skin, but I don't have time to retouch my makeup during the day. This is the first foundation that stays stain-finished for 4+ hours. I let my natural oils seep through so I look a bit more lifelike. On days that I need a flawless coverage I use Clinique's Superprimer and Clnique's Stay Matte Power. I used this combo on my wedding day in the Caribbean with no touch ups and my photos came out perfect (un-Photoshopped!).

I highly recommend this foundation if you want a medium coverage with satin finish.