October 1, 2014 | 1826 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Dermacontrol OIl Control Foam Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Amreen3189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used Cetaphil's gentle skin cleanser for years. However, when I saw this, I HAD to have it. Cetaphil has been amazing to my skin and I was pleased to know they were coming out with something for acne prone skin!

Pros:
-Comes in a nice pump and makes for easy application
-Foamy
-Smells good
-Doesn't break me out
-Helps remove makeup

Cons:
-Kind of pricey. $9 for a small-ish bottle
-Sometimes the foam dries out when I'm lathering it on my face and that can get pretty annoying
-If I use too much, my skin can feel very dry
-Don't get it get near your eyes because it BURNS

Overall, it's a pretty good product and despite my cons, I'll keep using it. I'm very cautious about trying new face products once I find something I'm pretty happy with.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by mandiluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My brother was using this and it didn't do anything for his skin, so I decided to try it. I'm very surprised there are such good reviews on this because it did nothing for me. I wasn't even sure if it cleaned by face. I tone with witch hazel and I could see the residue of my bb cream on the cotton pad. Made me very suspicious of the cleaning power.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

ok cleanser but not perfect! love the package and the pump bottle but the smell is a little strong. will keep using with the moisturizer but still searching for HG product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ruselaandrea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! Only been using this for a week and it's been helpful in calming my breakouts. I hope it continues working well. I think this is going to be a holy grail cleanser. It removes make-up nicely but I do use a toner to make sure everything is off once I apply my acne treatment. Anyways, I don't know why I strayed and decided I should get the prier products thinking they work better..here I am back to the basics. I use this in conjunction with the moisturizer from the same line and loving them both! This deserves a higher rating!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by craines

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did not like this cleanser! It seemed to do an "ok" job of cleansing, but dissipated quickly when I put it on my face and absolutely no lather! Way too expensive for this kind of result. Will be returning it tomorrow!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by beccadawn

At 25 I thought acne problems were a thing of the past; but I was completely wrong. About a year ago I started breaking out on my forehead, chin, the side of my face where the hairline meets; to say the least, it was embarrassing and annoying. I tried everything on the market for adult acne but nothing worked. I finally decided it was time to see a dermatologist so I asked around for suggestions. Many were suggested, but most asked if I had tried Cetaphil before seeing one. Honestly, I had never heard of Cetaphil but thought I would give it a try before spending tons to see a dermatologist. Thank God for the tip! I started using the regular Cetaphil facial wash twice daily and the results were showing. The weren't completely gone, but they were under control. About a week ago I discovered Cetaphil Dermacontrol. Although I have combination skin, I thought why not? Since it's specifically for acne-prone skin, I'd give it a try. And let me tell you, I am definitely seeing results. My skin has cleared up about 90 percent, even during the time of my cycle.
Here is my daily routine:
I start by applying coconut oil to my face and leaving it on for about a minute. I then wash my face with Cetaphil Dermacontrol for a good two minutes. Rinse and finish with Cetaphil moisturizer.
The coconut oil is getting rid of my acne scars, while the face wash keeps my outbreaks away and the moisturizer leaves my face feeling fresh.
I don't write many reviews unless I truly believe in the stuff; and Cetaphil is definitely worth every star.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by kaylacxo101

AMAZING PRODUCT! JUST BOUGHT MY SECOND BOTTLE! RECCOMMENDED BY MY DERMATOLOGIST! Works wonders! Useful on body as well

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

this is a unique cleanser because a bit powdery once rubbed in and rinsed off. theres no strong scent, its a very mild powder scent. i use 1 1/2 pump each time, which is a good amount. but as for oil control... i dont see a difference. i have the sample size so im going to just use this up and go back to my HG cleanser. overall, this cleanser isnt all that, its just unique cause it feels powdery.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ForeverRed90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have used so many cleansers in my lifetime it's almost embarassing. I've used over the counter and prescription cleansers. I have cystic acne that flairs up when I'm stressed and on my period. I wouldn't call this face wash an overnight success but it has been a success for me. I've been using it for almost 6 months now and my acne is much better controlled. However, this wash does make my skin a little dull so I use clinique exfoliating scrub (the one with menthol) every few nights after washing my face with this cetaphil. I'm not sure how this stuff works because there's no benzoyl peroxide or salycilic acid in it. It does decrease the oil throughout the day. It does take away some nataural glow which if frustrating but I love having clearer skin. I just moisturize with clinique moisturizing gel (the pink one) at nighttime to give back a little radiance. Of the mornings I moisturize with Mac oil control moisturizer. Some days I have to use the clinique gel of the mornings too depending on the time of year and weather. I did use the cetaphil oil control lotion with the wash for a while but I felt like it wasn't doing anything for my skin. It didn't break me out but I didn't see a difference in my skin either. I wish the bottle was clear so I could see when I'm about to run out rather than just having to feel the bottle to see if I'm getting close. It's about ten dollars which is pricey for a drugstore brand but it's cheaper than proactiv which I used before this. I have repurchased this facewash twice in the 6 months I've been using it so the product lasts a while considering I use this morning and night and sometimes in between.

****Update!
I forgot to meantion that if you keep this in the shower make sure you replace the lid on the bottle as soon as you're done getting the product out. Water gets into the bottle very easily and when it does I feel like it changes how the product works. I've ruined a few bottles like this unknowingly and kept using them. My face tended to breakout more when I let water slip in.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This burns my eyes. It comes out as foam, but is not lathery on face. However, it removes my makeup, and leaves my skin clean and smooth. I haven't noticed whether or not it controls oil. Their liquid cleanser is much better at foaming up.