November 20, 2014 | 1969 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Dermacontrol OIl Control Foam Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by arieljocelyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This cleanser has proven to be the best I've used so far. Usually when a product claims to offer "oil control", it dries out my skin like crazy, but this product is gentle enough that it controls my oil without stripping my face or leaving residue. My acne has greatly decreased since I began using this cleanser. The pump on the bottle and the foam consistency make the cleanser very easy to use. The product is only slightly drying, so I do recommend using a moisturizer after washing. Also, the smell is very strong and resembles an old lady's perfume. The scent is definitely my least favorite aspect of this cleanser--it takes some getting used to. However, this cleanser is so effective that I can overlook the scent and focus on the fact that this product has really worked for my acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by StellaFinnoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Does what is promised. Controls oil, leaves a matte finish, and doesn't leave residue like other facial cleansers I've used (such as Clean & Clear). It helps control my acne too, and makes my face feel fresh in the morning and clean after a long day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An over-fragranced foam that cleanses lightly. I only use this in the morning as I feel it is not strong enough to remove makeup and oils from the day. I noticed no improvement in my skin from using this product. Does not dry out the skin but it does not seem to clean the skin very well either.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Amreen3189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used Cetaphil's gentle skin cleanser for years. However, when I saw this, I HAD to have it. Cetaphil has been amazing to my skin and I was pleased to know they were coming out with something for acne prone skin!

Pros:
-Comes in a nice pump and makes for easy application
-Foamy
-Smells good
-Doesn't break me out
-Helps remove makeup

Cons:
-Kind of pricey. $9 for a small-ish bottle
-Sometimes the foam dries out when I'm lathering it on my face and that can get pretty annoying
-If I use too much, my skin can feel very dry
-Don't get it get near your eyes because it BURNS

Overall, it's a pretty good product and despite my cons, I'll keep using it. I'm very cautious about trying new face products once I find something I'm pretty happy with.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by mandiluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My brother was using this and it didn't do anything for his skin, so I decided to try it. I'm very surprised there are such good reviews on this because it did nothing for me. I wasn't even sure if it cleaned by face. I tone with witch hazel and I could see the residue of my bb cream on the cotton pad. Made me very suspicious of the cleaning power.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

ok cleanser but not perfect! love the package and the pump bottle but the smell is a little strong. will keep using with the moisturizer but still searching for HG product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ruselaandrea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! Only been using this for a week and it's been helpful in calming my breakouts. I hope it continues working well. I think this is going to be a holy grail cleanser. It removes make-up nicely but I do use a toner to make sure everything is off once I apply my acne treatment. Anyways, I don't know why I strayed and decided I should get the prier products thinking they work better..here I am back to the basics. I use this in conjunction with the moisturizer from the same line and loving them both! This deserves a higher rating!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by craines

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did not like this cleanser! It seemed to do an "ok" job of cleansing, but dissipated quickly when I put it on my face and absolutely no lather! Way too expensive for this kind of result. Will be returning it tomorrow!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by beccadawn

At 25 I thought acne problems were a thing of the past; but I was completely wrong. About a year ago I started breaking out on my forehead, chin, the side of my face where the hairline meets; to say the least, it was embarrassing and annoying. I tried everything on the market for adult acne but nothing worked. I finally decided it was time to see a dermatologist so I asked around for suggestions. Many were suggested, but most asked if I had tried Cetaphil before seeing one. Honestly, I had never heard of Cetaphil but thought I would give it a try before spending tons to see a dermatologist. Thank God for the tip! I started using the regular Cetaphil facial wash twice daily and the results were showing. The weren't completely gone, but they were under control. About a week ago I discovered Cetaphil Dermacontrol. Although I have combination skin, I thought why not? Since it's specifically for acne-prone skin, I'd give it a try. And let me tell you, I am definitely seeing results. My skin has cleared up about 90 percent, even during the time of my cycle.
Here is my daily routine:
I start by applying coconut oil to my face and leaving it on for about a minute. I then wash my face with Cetaphil Dermacontrol for a good two minutes. Rinse and finish with Cetaphil moisturizer.
The coconut oil is getting rid of my acne scars, while the face wash keeps my outbreaks away and the moisturizer leaves my face feeling fresh.
I don't write many reviews unless I truly believe in the stuff; and Cetaphil is definitely worth every star.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by kaylacxo101

AMAZING PRODUCT! JUST BOUGHT MY SECOND BOTTLE! RECCOMMENDED BY MY DERMATOLOGIST! Works wonders! Useful on body as well