April 17, 2014 | 905 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Dermacontrol OIl Control Foam Wash

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by craines

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did not like this cleanser! It seemed to do an "ok" job of cleansing, but dissipated quickly when I put it on my face and absolutely no lather! Way too expensive for this kind of result. Will be returning it tomorrow!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by beccadawn

At 25 I thought acne problems were a thing of the past; but I was completely wrong. About a year ago I started breaking out on my forehead, chin, the side of my face where the hairline meets; to say the least, it was embarrassing and annoying. I tried everything on the market for adult acne but nothing worked. I finally decided it was time to see a dermatologist so I asked around for suggestions. Many were suggested, but most asked if I had tried Cetaphil before seeing one. Honestly, I had never heard of Cetaphil but thought I would give it a try before spending tons to see a dermatologist. Thank God for the tip! I started using the regular Cetaphil facial wash twice daily and the results were showing. The weren't completely gone, but they were under control. About a week ago I discovered Cetaphil Dermacontrol. Although I have combination skin, I thought why not? Since it's specifically for acne-prone skin, I'd give it a try. And let me tell you, I am definitely seeing results. My skin has cleared up about 90 percent, even during the time of my cycle.
Here is my daily routine:
I start by applying coconut oil to my face and leaving it on for about a minute. I then wash my face with Cetaphil Dermacontrol for a good two minutes. Rinse and finish with Cetaphil moisturizer.
The coconut oil is getting rid of my acne scars, while the face wash keeps my outbreaks away and the moisturizer leaves my face feeling fresh.
I don't write many reviews unless I truly believe in the stuff; and Cetaphil is definitely worth every star.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by kaylacxo101

AMAZING PRODUCT! JUST BOUGHT MY SECOND BOTTLE! RECCOMMENDED BY MY DERMATOLOGIST! Works wonders! Useful on body as well

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

this is a unique cleanser because a bit powdery once rubbed in and rinsed off. theres no strong scent, its a very mild powder scent. i use 1 1/2 pump each time, which is a good amount. but as for oil control... i dont see a difference. i have the sample size so im going to just use this up and go back to my HG cleanser. overall, this cleanser isnt all that, its just unique cause it feels powdery.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ForeverRed90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have used so many cleansers in my lifetime it's almost embarassing. I've used over the counter and prescription cleansers. I have cystic acne that flairs up when I'm stressed and on my period. I wouldn't call this face wash an overnight success but it has been a success for me. I've been using it for almost 6 months now and my acne is much better controlled. However, this wash does make my skin a little dull so I use clinique exfoliating scrub (the one with menthol) every few nights after washing my face with this cetaphil. I'm not sure how this stuff works because there's no benzoyl peroxide or salycilic acid in it. It does decrease the oil throughout the day. It does take away some nataural glow which if frustrating but I love having clearer skin. I just moisturize with clinique moisturizing gel (the pink one) at nighttime to give back a little radiance. Of the mornings I moisturize with Mac oil control moisturizer. Some days I have to use the clinique gel of the mornings too depending on the time of year and weather. I did use the cetaphil oil control lotion with the wash for a while but I felt like it wasn't doing anything for my skin. It didn't break me out but I didn't see a difference in my skin either. I wish the bottle was clear so I could see when I'm about to run out rather than just having to feel the bottle to see if I'm getting close. It's about ten dollars which is pricey for a drugstore brand but it's cheaper than proactiv which I used before this. I have repurchased this facewash twice in the 6 months I've been using it so the product lasts a while considering I use this morning and night and sometimes in between.

****Update!
I forgot to meantion that if you keep this in the shower make sure you replace the lid on the bottle as soon as you're done getting the product out. Water gets into the bottle very easily and when it does I feel like it changes how the product works. I've ruined a few bottles like this unknowingly and kept using them. My face tended to breakout more when I let water slip in.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This burns my eyes. It comes out as foam, but is not lathery on face. However, it removes my makeup, and leaves my skin clean and smooth. I haven't noticed whether or not it controls oil. Their liquid cleanser is much better at foaming up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by brookester

I love this cleanser! for the longest time I was using a Murad cleanser that me and my mom shared then I switched to this because my dermatologist had recommended it to me and its awesome ! at first I didn't really like the idea of a foam cleanser bcuz I thought it would be TOO gentle and its the complete opposite. Although it doesn't get rid of ALL my makeup it gets off about 90% after this I just use my witch hazel toner and that does the trick. Its not over drying at all I like it alot better than the murad cleanser. It also helped with my redness and instantly calmed my skin and I felt so clean after using this. If I were too recommend any thing to anyone it would be this cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by FeminineCharm

At first I was sceptical that a foaming wash could cleanse without over-stripping the skin. However after a month of using this light, easy-rinse foam I found it has not caused any further breakouts or disturbed my existing blemishes.

The packaging does NOT claim to clear acne first of all, it states that the formula is non-acnegenic which means it does not upset the acne on the skin.

This is gentle enough to use twice daily. As it is so gentle and oil-free, it is not as effective at dissolving make-up- especially eye make-up. I recommend using something a bit more emollient for this part of cleansing.

I would happily continue to use this even without any breakouts as it respects the natural moisture barrier of the skin and there is no "squeaky" clean feeling afterwards. The price is very reasonable and the packaging is well-thought out.

I would re-purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Disappointed, did not like it as much as the original formula. Its an ok cleanser, but it leaves makeup residue on your face. So make sure to use a toner afterwards. I use clinique acne solution.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by SassyShari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my new favorite product! My skin feels so rejuvenated after I use it in the AM. It has a light scent, (it doesn't produce a lot of foam unless you pump a lot of the product into your hands),it goes on smoothly and washes away the product residue after you wash it unlike some face washes. I love how clean my face feels after I use this product. I use this product in conjunction with the new Cetaphil DermaContril Spf moisturizer so I can not tell if this product helps with the oil control throughout the day. I also bought this product thinking it was a face wash to help my acne prone skin. After reading it at home closely I realized it was marketed to help control oil, not help with current acne. I was disappointed in that aspect of the product. I bought this product because I thought it would help control my acne. I am not an expert in reading the decodable ingredients in products, but I don't think there are any ingredients to help control acne. Like I stated before I can not tell if this product helps control the oil in my skin because I use it with the Cetaphil DermaControl moisturizer during the day. But I can attest that I will re-purchase this face wash in the future. It does not dry out my skin, and leaves it light and refreshed. Will buy again.