April 17, 2014 | 1814 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Oil Free Supreme Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by btjm

like previous reviewer said: really "patchy mess". i have oily skin at my t-zone, this foundation looks horrible on my t-zone. and it's hard to blend in. 55$ for this? no, definitely no. save your money. don't even try the sample.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

I got this in Warm Ivory and it seemed like it would be a good match for my NC20/25 skin, but when I put this on my face, it was too yellow -- I am asian with quite strong yellow undertones and I was surprised to find this to be too golden yellow for me (perhaps I am more olive yellow than golden yellow). Unfortunately, the next shade up is definitely too dark and too orange, and the next shade down is for pink undertones. I have combo skin leaning on the oily side and I am probably in the minority in preferring full-coverage non-silicone foundations -- the less slip a foundation has, the better it is for me. So the reason I wanted to give this foundation a try was that I heard people complain that it doesn't spread and doesn't contain silicones, and that is exactly the type of foundation that I normally like! I do personally love the way this foundation feels out of the bottle (no slip, smooth light matte finish on my skin), but the problem is the coverage -- it isn't pigmented or full-coverage enough for my liking. It covers too lightly and unevenly for my preference and I am not one who wants to build coverage, I want a foundation to have full coverage right out of the bottle (for reference, my favourites from the past which are now long discontinued are the original Bobbi Brown oil-free formula, Ultima II Wonderwear, and the original T.LeClerc oil-free matte formula). I was hoping this foundation might be similar to my old discontinued favourites, but sadly, it is not. I had to layer a light powder foundation over this foundation in order for the coverage to be enough for my liking. It was also raining the day I wore this and as soon as my face got wet, everything melted off my face -- definitely not for hot weather or rainy weather of any kind. It's too bad because I really wanted to like this. It photographs very well because it contains no SPF of any kind. For those who prefer light-medium coverage and are looking for a non-silicone and non-slippy feeling foundation, you might like this one. But for anyone who prefers full-coverage like me, you probably won't like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by samsaysmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved this foundation when the lady at Nordstrom's put it on me. It looked awesome and natural, and didn't feel like I was wearing make up at all. I was suggested this foundation by a friend and it looks great on her. I always like to take a sample to try for a couple days before I buy something, so I did, and I'm sad to say I wasn't pleased. It still felt light and healthy on my skin, but it's consistency and staying power wasn't so great. It seeped into my pores and started coming off by the middle of the day. It also oxidizes, leaving my skin with an orange tint. I've tried it with and without primer, still no go. I will probably try their silk creme foundation next.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by tehryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've definitely had a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I'm a big fan of Laura Mercier products. However, this foundation is not her best. Primer is a MUST with this foundation, without primer or a good moisturizer it can be a bit hard to apply. To be oil free it made my skin look very oily so powder is a must as well. However, with primer and powder it looks beautiful and there's a great variety of shades. I wouldn't buy this product again though I'll definitely just stick with MAC Matchmaster.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by justacupoftea

Bought this foundation from a Laura mercier counter after being colour matched, got it home and was quite disappointed as when I applied it in daylight the colour was a tad off. Tried to wear on several occasions but didn't find the formula easy to work with and the coverage wasn't brilliant either.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by therubyprincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Had high hopes for this product but it clogged and broke me out terribly. I think the coverage was great and the staying power was lovely but not worth the breakouts for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by michee3333

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been on a quest for 2 years to find a foundation that matched my skin tone, didnt change color and stayed put all day. Now that I am 48 my skin has changed and sometimes feels oily, while other times its dry. I have tried Chanel, Lancome, Armani, Lauder...well you get the picture. Nordstroms gave me a sample and WOW. It produces results. Immediately I got compliments on my skin, I felt more attractive and it stayed put without changing color. Price is no issue, I just needed something that worked. FINALLY----

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by sw1573

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all I want to say that I have only been wearing this about a week, and I may update later, but so far I really like this foundation. It fits the bill for me because I do not want a heavy silicone based, long wearing foundation. I love the feel of a tinted moisturizer, but since I am allergic to most sunscreens, I can't wear them as they all have spf. To me this foundation feels and wears similar to a tinted moisturizer but with more coverage. I can see where some of the negative reviews may be coming from since so many foundations now tend toward the heavy side, and if you are switching from one, it may seem strange. I can put this on, and once it sets in five to ten minutes, I don't even feel like I am wearing foundation. This is definitely a step up from the old formula in my opinion. As far as the longevity, I think it holds up fine. I haven't noticed it wearing any differently than others I have worn.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by knguyen90

I've never tried the old formula as many people have raved about...but this is my take.

I initially purchased the normal Supreme Foundation along with the regular LM Foundation Primer...which went on AMAZING and LOOKED so amazing and dewey for so many hours!!! I was previously using the NARS Sheer Glow foundation, but as soon as I switched it up, I was getting compliments instantly.

Unfortunately after a couple of weeks of using it, I found that I ended up with white heads by the end of the day. I couldn't pinpoint if it was the foundation, the foundation primer or the new face lotion I was using (some olay face lotion for sensitive skin).

Either way, I returned both LM products and started using a different lotion and returned back to NARS for a couple of days.

Then I went out to purchase the OIL-FREE formulas of both the LM foundation & primer. I thought maybe that was the problem as I have combination skin (but it *is* more dry during the winter).

So I've been using it the past few days and find the finish is too matte - almost similar to the NARS foundation on my skin. I don't like it. If I wanted to look that way, I'd stick with NARS. Also, I wore it on NYE...by the end of the night it looked like it was wiped clean from my face....

I'm thinking about exchanging back to the normal foundation and keeping the oil free primer?

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by jafe11

Please note this foundation is new, it was reformulated from the previous Laura Mercier Oil-Free foundation which I LOVED!! The new Oil Free Supreme foundation looks terrific when you first put it on. I have oily acne prone skin with scarring and this covers well but still looks natural. I set it with Laura Mercier setting powder and it looks great. BUT this does not last! It melts off your face within 2 hours. The old formula stayed put for at least 4-5 hours without needing a touch up. The Supreme s also NOT water resistant. One tear and your make up is ruined. This also does not handle humidity well. If it's hot and humid the make up will just get cakey and then melt away. This make up feels heavy even though it looks natural. After a few hours I have to wash this off because it just feels heavy and greasy.