July 31, 2014 | 1030 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Oil Free Supreme Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Tatertot35

I had been searching for a good foundation on my skin that wasn't stiff, cheap, and from a drug store. This product was it! I got a sample at Sephora and when I brought it home to try on it was perfect. It's super smooth and a little goes a long way so you get what you pay for it. My skin is still recovering from MAC foundation which made me break out horribly, but it's looking a lot better since I started using this foundation. Super light as not to clog pores. Would buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This settled into and emphasized every little line on my face. I have mature combination skin and think this would work best for someone young and oily. By young I mean no lines at all. I have fine lines and this looked really bad on me. I felt like I looked about 10 years older than I did bare- faced right before I appled it. I tried it with an LM primer, a Lorac primer and a Prescriptives primer as well as just over moisturizer. Nothing worked.
It dries really quickly so you need to work fast with a sponge or your fingers or you will be patchy/ streaky.
I bought this hoping to find something to use in lieu of my HG foundation Prescriptives Virtual Skin foundation because I am in between shades in summer( when I get a little color) in that line. I think I may resort to mixing shades of it.
I tend to like LM products so this was a big disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by caralalala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have acne-prone skin so I had to be super careful with picking the right foundation that won't cause my skin to break out and also would have a full coverage since I have acne scars and some redness too. I got this in Golden Beige and I'd say this really helped cover my scars and also made my face look almost flawless. I love it because it does not cause me pimples (even when I forget to wash my face before I sleep with it still on, the next days I don't break out at all) haha. I apply it minutes after I put on my moisturizer. It feels like I didn't put any foundation on, it feels so light on my skin. However, you have to wait for it to set for quite some time and if it's super hot (like in a tropical country hot) outside, it has a slight tendency to sort of come off (but I guess that's because I don't use powder to set it after). But I love it, just have to learn how to blend/spread it properly, it's not thaaat easy to spread. Sort of pricey but better than buying a cheaper one and then get pimples after just one use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Laski

This is one of the worst foundations I ever tried. Fortunately, I only had a sample, and though I have some product left, I won´t use it up. The reason: No matter how I tried to apply it (with my fingers, with the beautyblender, with primer underneath): It just comes out patchy like nothing I´ve ever seen before. Hard to spread and impossible, at least on my skin, to get it even.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by btjm

like previous reviewer said: really "patchy mess". i have oily skin at my t-zone, this foundation looks horrible on my t-zone. and it's hard to blend in. 55$ for this? no, definitely no. save your money. don't even try the sample.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

I got this in Warm Ivory and it seemed like it would be a good match for my NC20/25 skin, but when I put this on my face, it was too yellow -- I am asian with quite strong yellow undertones and I was surprised to find this to be too golden yellow for me (perhaps I am more olive yellow than golden yellow). Unfortunately, the next shade up is definitely too dark and too orange, and the next shade down is for pink undertones. I have combo skin leaning on the oily side and I am probably in the minority in preferring full-coverage non-silicone foundations -- the less slip a foundation has, the better it is for me. So the reason I wanted to give this foundation a try was that I heard people complain that it doesn't spread and doesn't contain silicones, and that is exactly the type of foundation that I normally like! I do personally love the way this foundation feels out of the bottle (no slip, smooth light matte finish on my skin), but the problem is the coverage -- it isn't pigmented or full-coverage enough for my liking. It covers too lightly and unevenly for my preference and I am not one who wants to build coverage, I want a foundation to have full coverage right out of the bottle (for reference, my favourites from the past which are now long discontinued are the original Bobbi Brown oil-free formula, Ultima II Wonderwear, and the original T.LeClerc oil-free matte formula). I was hoping this foundation might be similar to my old discontinued favourites, but sadly, it is not. I had to layer a light powder foundation over this foundation in order for the coverage to be enough for my liking. It was also raining the day I wore this and as soon as my face got wet, everything melted off my face -- definitely not for hot weather or rainy weather of any kind. It's too bad because I really wanted to like this. It photographs very well because it contains no SPF of any kind. For those who prefer light-medium coverage and are looking for a non-silicone and non-slippy feeling foundation, you might like this one. But for anyone who prefers full-coverage like me, you probably won't like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by samsaysmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved this foundation when the lady at Nordstrom's put it on me. It looked awesome and natural, and didn't feel like I was wearing make up at all. I was suggested this foundation by a friend and it looks great on her. I always like to take a sample to try for a couple days before I buy something, so I did, and I'm sad to say I wasn't pleased. It still felt light and healthy on my skin, but it's consistency and staying power wasn't so great. It seeped into my pores and started coming off by the middle of the day. It also oxidizes, leaving my skin with an orange tint. I've tried it with and without primer, still no go. I will probably try their silk creme foundation next.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by tehryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've definitely had a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I'm a big fan of Laura Mercier products. However, this foundation is not her best. Primer is a MUST with this foundation, without primer or a good moisturizer it can be a bit hard to apply. To be oil free it made my skin look very oily so powder is a must as well. However, with primer and powder it looks beautiful and there's a great variety of shades. I wouldn't buy this product again though I'll definitely just stick with MAC Matchmaster.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by justacupoftea

Bought this foundation from a Laura mercier counter after being colour matched, got it home and was quite disappointed as when I applied it in daylight the colour was a tad off. Tried to wear on several occasions but didn't find the formula easy to work with and the coverage wasn't brilliant either.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by therubyprincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Had high hopes for this product but it clogged and broke me out terribly. I think the coverage was great and the staying power was lovely but not worth the breakouts for me.