October 22, 2014 | 1806 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Oil Free Supreme Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've been looking for something to replace my Lancôme Teint Miracle. I did some research online and found several sites that recommended this as being very good for oily skin. But I wanted to try a sample before shelling out $45. Boy am I glad I did.

The SA matched me to Sunny Beige and it was a good match as far as color. But that's about it. This foundation just didn't work for me. I overheard an SA tell another customer that Laura Mercier recommends applying this makeup with your fingers or a sponge rather than a brush to get better coverage. I usually apply my foundation with my fingers anyway, so that wasn't a problem for me.

However, I really didn't like this foundation. It settled into the flaws on my face and made them even more noticeable. I was expecting to have more of a natural finish, but to me, it's more of a matte finish. It was too matte for me. Also, the coverage isn't that great. After applying a single layer, you could still see the redness through the makeup. Applying a second layer turns it into a thick, cakey, mess. I felt like I was wearing a mask.

Also, this foundation is extremely hard to blend. It dries VERY quickly, even if you work in sections.I do know from the tester that it doesn't come with a pump. I prefer foundation, especially high end foundation that comes with a pump or at least a nozzle. But this just had a regular glass bottle.

I tried this foundation a couple of different times, and just couldn't get it work for me. I can't really comment on the staying power because I removed it shortly after applying it both times I tried it. I didn't even finish the sample. This makeup just didn't work for me, and I will not be purchasing a full-size bottle. I'm glad I tried it, but it just wasn't for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible horrible foundation!! This looks so terrible on the skin! I had to immediately wash it off it looked so bad. It has literally NO COVERAGE at all. It does not make your skin look smooth, it makes it look patchy, greasy and awful looking. DO NO WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Tatertot35

I had been searching for a good foundation on my skin that wasn't stiff, cheap, and from a drug store. This product was it! I got a sample at Sephora and when I brought it home to try on it was perfect. It's super smooth and a little goes a long way so you get what you pay for it. My skin is still recovering from MAC foundation which made me break out horribly, but it's looking a lot better since I started using this foundation. Super light as not to clog pores. Would buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This settled into and emphasized every little line on my face. I have mature combination skin and think this would work best for someone young and oily. By young I mean no lines at all. I have fine lines and this looked really bad on me. I felt like I looked about 10 years older than I did bare- faced right before I appled it. I tried it with an LM primer, a Lorac primer and a Prescriptives primer as well as just over moisturizer. Nothing worked.
It dries really quickly so you need to work fast with a sponge or your fingers or you will be patchy/ streaky.
I bought this hoping to find something to use in lieu of my HG foundation Prescriptives Virtual Skin foundation because I am in between shades in summer( when I get a little color) in that line. I think I may resort to mixing shades of it.
I tend to like LM products so this was a big disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by caralalala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have acne-prone skin so I had to be super careful with picking the right foundation that won't cause my skin to break out and also would have a full coverage since I have acne scars and some redness too. I got this in Golden Beige and I'd say this really helped cover my scars and also made my face look almost flawless. I love it because it does not cause me pimples (even when I forget to wash my face before I sleep with it still on, the next days I don't break out at all) haha. I apply it minutes after I put on my moisturizer. It feels like I didn't put any foundation on, it feels so light on my skin. However, you have to wait for it to set for quite some time and if it's super hot (like in a tropical country hot) outside, it has a slight tendency to sort of come off (but I guess that's because I don't use powder to set it after). But I love it, just have to learn how to blend/spread it properly, it's not thaaat easy to spread. Sort of pricey but better than buying a cheaper one and then get pimples after just one use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Laski

This is one of the worst foundations I ever tried. Fortunately, I only had a sample, and though I have some product left, I won´t use it up. The reason: No matter how I tried to apply it (with my fingers, with the beautyblender, with primer underneath): It just comes out patchy like nothing I´ve ever seen before. Hard to spread and impossible, at least on my skin, to get it even.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by btjm

like previous reviewer said: really "patchy mess". i have oily skin at my t-zone, this foundation looks horrible on my t-zone. and it's hard to blend in. 55$ for this? no, definitely no. save your money. don't even try the sample.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

I got this in Warm Ivory and it seemed like it would be a good match for my NC20/25 skin, but when I put this on my face, it was too yellow -- I am asian with quite strong yellow undertones and I was surprised to find this to be too golden yellow for me (perhaps I am more olive yellow than golden yellow). Unfortunately, the next shade up is definitely too dark and too orange, and the next shade down is for pink undertones. I have combo skin leaning on the oily side and I am probably in the minority in preferring full-coverage non-silicone foundations -- the less slip a foundation has, the better it is for me. So the reason I wanted to give this foundation a try was that I heard people complain that it doesn't spread and doesn't contain silicones, and that is exactly the type of foundation that I normally like! I do personally love the way this foundation feels out of the bottle (no slip, smooth light matte finish on my skin), but the problem is the coverage -- it isn't pigmented or full-coverage enough for my liking. It covers too lightly and unevenly for my preference and I am not one who wants to build coverage, I want a foundation to have full coverage right out of the bottle (for reference, my favourites from the past which are now long discontinued are the original Bobbi Brown oil-free formula, Ultima II Wonderwear, and the original T.LeClerc oil-free matte formula). I was hoping this foundation might be similar to my old discontinued favourites, but sadly, it is not. I had to layer a light powder foundation over this foundation in order for the coverage to be enough for my liking. It was also raining the day I wore this and as soon as my face got wet, everything melted off my face -- definitely not for hot weather or rainy weather of any kind. It's too bad because I really wanted to like this. It photographs very well because it contains no SPF of any kind. For those who prefer light-medium coverage and are looking for a non-silicone and non-slippy feeling foundation, you might like this one. But for anyone who prefers full-coverage like me, you probably won't like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by samsaysmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved this foundation when the lady at Nordstrom's put it on me. It looked awesome and natural, and didn't feel like I was wearing make up at all. I was suggested this foundation by a friend and it looks great on her. I always like to take a sample to try for a couple days before I buy something, so I did, and I'm sad to say I wasn't pleased. It still felt light and healthy on my skin, but it's consistency and staying power wasn't so great. It seeped into my pores and started coming off by the middle of the day. It also oxidizes, leaving my skin with an orange tint. I've tried it with and without primer, still no go. I will probably try their silk creme foundation next.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by tehryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've definitely had a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I'm a big fan of Laura Mercier products. However, this foundation is not her best. Primer is a MUST with this foundation, without primer or a good moisturizer it can be a bit hard to apply. To be oil free it made my skin look very oily so powder is a must as well. However, with primer and powder it looks beautiful and there's a great variety of shades. I wouldn't buy this product again though I'll definitely just stick with MAC Matchmaster.