July 24, 2014 | 1798 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Clean Makeup, Sensitive Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by livredwin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation,
I am on very strong acne medication that leaved my skin dry and sensitive, but clear; so i was looking for a foundation that was moisturising and comfortable but not cakey at all.
This absolutely ticks all boxes, the coverage is not full, so freckles and beauty spots definitely show through, but it can be built up a little or a lot. It has a good consistancy, fairly liquidy. I apply on LIGHT makeup days after concealer off the back of my hand with a large powder brush and buff into my face. It leaves a very skin like finish, not too matte but definitely no shine. Not at all streaky and the perfect colour for me (205, ivory).
I bought this at priceline of sale for 6 dollars which is insanely cheap for australia.
The packaging is nice and easy to store etc, but would be greatly imporved with a pump, or at least a squeazy bottle, instead of glass. Toward the end, i have to leave my foundation upside down for 10 minutes before i can get any out.
would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by rachiegirl1000

great coverage! feels very light and doesn't look like a mask. perfect color for me, and doesn't cling to the dry spots I get in the winter.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this, but gave up because of the texture. The shade I tested was lighter than my skin, that made it easy for me to see it on my face: it was going into all my skin imperfections like acne and dry patches and highlighting them. Plus the final texture did not feel smooth but rather rough, as if my skin is overly dry. I think, with a properly matching shade, it would look much better but it's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by malpal007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm usually not a makeup wearer however, I saw this and thought I would try it. I have very dry and sensitive skin and thought this would be ideal. I was hesitant to start wearing foundation again but I need to for work and I have been having tiny red bumps on my forehead. I thought it was because I wasn't wearing anything on my face, so there is no protective barrier. I live in Florida so it's hot and humid most of the year. After a few days of continuous use I noticed my skin was starting to become softer and the bumps on my forehead were going away and I've had no break outs so far. My skin has felt more moisturized than it has been for a while. I have tried mineral makeups and they are heavier and don't moisturize enough. A little goes a long way with this foundation, I really love it! It doesn't feel heavy on my face and it doesn't look like I'm wearing anything. I told my fiance' that I was wearing makeup and he told me he couldn't tell. It just looks like clear, soft skin :-) I used this when I was a teenager just starting to wear makeup and I'm 26 now and I love it just the same. I love that Cover Girl has kept this classic! I pair this with the true blend translucent powder just to set the foundation and it's still very light! I would definitely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Twobit89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I cut my teeth on Cover Girl foundation, though I've tried Bare Minerals, Clinique, Benefit, Maybelline, Revlon, etc. I always come back to the Cover Girl Clean foundation because it gives me flawless skin without the breakouts I experience with other foundations. It's thicker than some foundations, but it's also lightweight and blends easily. I don't have any trouble with the bottle. I place a freshly-washed finger over the opening and flip the bottle so that the product comes out on my fingertip. I then dot it on my face and blend with a makeup sponge. I find that it lasts all day on me if I set it with powder. This foundation is a classic that I hope never gets discontinued!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up this foundation, because I didn't have a liquid one in my arsenal. My skin is not very sensitive, so I can't really form my opinion about this, but in terms of coverage this is not the greatest choice.
My skin is dry on cold season and oily to very oily depending on skin regiment during summer. I have enlarged pores, couple of dark sports, ocasional break outs and none of these is covered by this foundation. Even after two, three layers you can see the flaws. Concealer is a must with this make up.

I also doubt if I can wear it summer time. When I made swatches on my hand the finish is matte, almost powdery, but on the face, another story - kind of dewy, not for summer oily skin.

The medium light color I have is perfect match, the only thing is it seems a little darker in the end of the day. Next time, if I decide to buy it, I will have to go a shade lighter.

Also, if you have strong yellow undertone, then this might not be for you.
I still can't figure out my undertone, but light foundations with yellow undertones ( if they are not too yellow and orange) look natural on me, pinkish look unnatural. I always try to buy neutral. This one looks neutral on my face, but when I put when I pour some amount on my hand it has some minor pinkish tones.
I think if you have very pale, porcelain tone be careful when choosing the shade.

I don't know if it lasts long, because I don't wear it everyday, but when I wear it underneath my dual finish Lanc�me pressed powder and usually come home in 4, 5 hours and foundation is still there, on my face (when used on top of primer). Not sure if it will be on its place in a couple of more hours.

I don't think I will buy it again in near future mostly because of its poor coverage.
I don't like the bottle that much too. It's a glass bottle, not very big, but feels bulky to me, plus it lacks a pump.

**************update**************
It's not good for summer! It feels so tacky on my face, I want to wipe it off and use smth else. Don't think it's good for oily skin too. It just doesn't feel right almost sticky.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Soccergirlmccrystal

Love it makes my skin look flawless. When it comes to fashion u need to look the best and this can help you so much covers ur skin amazing! I'm buying it again no matter what happens

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was surprised that this foundation is so good because it's cheap compared to other foundations, even the kind you buy in drugstores. I have very oily skin and it works perfectly for me; no greasy feel. It wears well too, lasts all day without touch-ups. I apply it with a sponge and use a foundation brush in areas like under the eyes. It's easy to apply, goes on smoothly. Then I apply a thin layer of loose powder over it and powder blush. Made for senstive skin I've had no adverse reactions. The coverage is fairly light but it's buildable if you have spots or problem areas. I wear Classic Ivory which is perfect for my light skin with pink undertones. A great foundation for the price. The bottle could be better; being glass it's no good for travel.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbymoani

I wanted to love this foundation because I like the powder but it was too pink for me! I'm nc 40 in mac and in this I was 545 warm beige. The color matched my skin perfect but the undertone was to pink! Ugh. Will never repurchase this liquid!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Babymutt01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very great foundation. The price is VERY affordable and has a really nice formula. No SPF and no fragrance! Also oil free! The finish is almost powdery and can look just a hint dewy. The packaging is okay. Not the WORST no pump foundation. The bottle's triangular shape makes it easy to hold and tap out. The foundation itself is kind of like a creamy liquid so it' s pretty hard to get too much on your hand. Blends easily and lasts. Light-Medium coverage and nicely buildable. This is a great foundation for anyone!