OPI Pirouette My Whistle

4.7

on 4/13/2013 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Pirouette my whistle is a gorgeous silver glitter from the new York city ballet collection. It can be worn on it's own or over many other polishes. It has looked gorgeous over all the combinations I have tried so far... For example over my pointe exactly (a light milky grey also from the NYC ballet collection), do you lilac it?, got a date to-knight, alpine snow, bubble bath, gargantuan green grape etc! I'm also going to try it over done darker colors as others have suggested :) easy to apply and remove. Absolutely oerfect glitter polish if you want something more subtle compared to say... Glitter from the muppets collection, which I also love! Just depends on my mood :)

on 12/31/2012 9:34:00 AM

Such a beautiful glitter! Not your most noticeable one, but very beautiful subtle glistening on your nails.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

The perfect nail polish. It goes well over every nail polish I've tried it with. Black, taupe, white, pink, nude, and even other glitters. It adds that extra oomph that completes a, accent nail or even the entire manicure. Silvermicro glitters, paired with matted silver large hexagons makes this nail polish akin to the night sky.

on 12/9/2012 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got a small bottle of this as I purchased a whole little set of OPI NYC Ballet nail polish.

I really really like this one! It's glittery, but not overdone. It's subtle, but not too sheer. I really like wearing this on top of light coloured nail polishes like a light pink. It looks very beautiful and I wish I could wear this for real ballet classes, haha!

The name is really clever, too.

I like how it was packaged with the other little nail polishes in the cute set. It featured a little blurb about each polish and each was showcased while it looked great in a group.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love love love this polish. I always put mine over another opi colored polish but I love the round "sequins" in this polish. I get compliments all the time. My only complaint is I think the price is high for a polish. Then again, is it OPI.<3

on 10/17/2012 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Great glitter! Not too many big chunks, it's not overdone, and it looks equally good over dark and light polishes. I'm really taken with this one. It's the best out of the NYC Ballet collection, I think. I've taken to wearing it over Siberian Nights (a deep true eggplant creme), and it really pops. My favourite glitter to date, and it comes off fairly easily, too, which is a bonus in the glitter department.

on 9/23/2012 2:35:00 PM

Delicate glitter polishes that have large particles are difficult to find, but Pirouette my Whistle is certainly one of those few. It consists of fine silver glitter with medium-sized white glitter "dots." The effect (applied to a bare nail or over a sheer pale polish) is very "lace"-like, and gives nails a soft, "glowy" look. It's the only glitter I can think of that would look right at home as part of a wedding manicure.

As mentioned above, this polish looks perfect over soft sheer shades, such as the other polishes in the NYC collection. It would also look great over opaque white or even black. I hear that Pirouette My Whistle looks similar to Nubar's White Polka Dots but I've never tried the latter.

Application is perfect and requires very little effort at all. Very, very lovely.

on 9/6/2012 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love love love love this top coat. It is a milky silver, with tiny little silver flecks and some larger hexagonal silver flecks. It gives your polish such a nice milky shimmery sheen. I don't understand why my store didn't sell many, I think it's just because it didn't look like anything special in the bottle. On it's so nice though.
Colour Payoff: 5/5 (super pretty)
Application: 4/5 (dries quick enough, you can get away with one coat, or do more for a larger effect)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pirouette my Whistle is from the New York City Ballet collection, which was OPI's Soft Shade collection for 2012.
The polish is the most subtle glitter I have even seen. It has medium sized pale silver glitter piece (that look white when they catch the light) suspended in a clear base with tiny pieces of silver glitter.

When this is compared with a Bling Silver glitter (like OPI Crown me already) you really see how understated this is.
I do not think I will ever attempt to wear this alone. I bet it would take so may coats to build to full coverage, so I wont be wasting my time trying. I think it is best used over a pale soft colour (that is how it was launched, so that is how I will use) But it is also interesting to use over brighter colours. I have tried it over mid pinks and lilacs and it worked well. It is a more "grown up glitter" than the crazy party glitters that formed the Muppets collection (which I also loved)

As ever, the downside is that it is a pain to remove!

I would score it a 4
Yes I would buy again it is a handy little bottle to have in your collection.

on 7/23/2012 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Finally, glitter for adults! I believe that this subtle glitter best enhances soft, sheer polishes and not strident pinks and reds. In other words, the polishes it was designed to be with the polishes of the NYC Ballet collection. (I own all of of them and couldn't say I had a favorite.) Top one of these Soft Shades with "Pirouette" and you'll never apply glitter any other way again.

Top Rated OPI Products