July 30, 2014 | 1017 users online

Polishes - OPI - Pirouette My Whistle

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The perfect nail polish. It goes well over every nail polish I've tried it with. Black, taupe, white, pink, nude, and even other glitters. It adds that extra oomph that completes a, accent nail or even the entire manicure. Silvermicro glitters, paired with matted silver large hexagons makes this nail polish akin to the night sky.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by abbi2hip1023

I got a small bottle of this as I purchased a whole little set of OPI NYC Ballet nail polish.

I really really like this one! It's glittery, but not overdone. It's subtle, but not too sheer. I really like wearing this on top of light coloured nail polishes like a light pink. It looks very beautiful and I wish I could wear this for real ballet classes, haha!

The name is really clever, too.

I like how it was packaged with the other little nail polishes in the cute set. It featured a little blurb about each polish and each was showcased while it looked great in a group.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by hhsrunner2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this polish. I always put mine over another opi colored polish but I love the round "sequins" in this polish. I get compliments all the time. My only complaint is I think the price is high for a polish. Then again, is it OPI.<3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by spicymulberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great glitter! Not too many big chunks, it's not overdone, and it looks equally good over dark and light polishes. I'm really taken with this one. It's the best out of the NYC Ballet collection, I think. I've taken to wearing it over Siberian Nights (a deep true eggplant creme), and it really pops. My favourite glitter to date, and it comes off fairly easily, too, which is a bonus in the glitter department.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Joseybird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Delicate glitter polishes that have large particles are difficult to find, but Pirouette my Whistle is certainly one of those few. It consists of fine silver glitter with medium-sized white glitter "dots." The effect (applied to a bare nail or over a sheer pale polish) is very "lace"-like, and gives nails a soft, "glowy" look. It's the only glitter I can think of that would look right at home as part of a wedding manicure.

As mentioned above, this polish looks perfect over soft sheer shades, such as the other polishes in the NYC collection. It would also look great over opaque white or even black. I hear that Pirouette My Whistle looks similar to Nubar's White Polka Dots but I've never tried the latter.

Application is perfect and requires very little effort at all. Very, very lovely.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

I love love love love this top coat. It is a milky silver, with tiny little silver flecks and some larger hexagonal silver flecks. It gives your polish such a nice milky shimmery sheen. I don't understand why my store didn't sell many, I think it's just because it didn't look like anything special in the bottle. On it's so nice though.
Colour Payoff: 5/5 (super pretty)
Application: 4/5 (dries quick enough, you can get away with one coat, or do more for a larger effect)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by FloozieKitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pirouette my Whistle is from the New York City Ballet collection, which was OPI's Soft Shade collection for 2012.
The polish is the most subtle glitter I have even seen. It has medium sized pale silver glitter piece (that look white when they catch the light) suspended in a clear base with tiny pieces of silver glitter.

When this is compared with a Bling Silver glitter (like OPI Crown me already) you really see how understated this is.
I do not think I will ever attempt to wear this alone. I bet it would take so may coats to build to full coverage, so I wont be wasting my time trying. I think it is best used over a pale soft colour (that is how it was launched, so that is how I will use) But it is also interesting to use over brighter colours. I have tried it over mid pinks and lilacs and it worked well. It is a more "grown up glitter" than the crazy party glitters that formed the Muppets collection (which I also loved)

As ever, the downside is that it is a pain to remove!

I would score it a 4
Yes I would buy again it is a handy little bottle to have in your collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally, glitter for adults! I believe that this subtle glitter best enhances soft, sheer polishes and not strident pinks and reds. In other words, the polishes it was designed to be with the polishes of the NYC Ballet collection. (I own all of of them and couldn't say I had a favorite.) Top one of these Soft Shades with "Pirouette" and you'll never apply glitter any other way again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a delicate topcoat that adds a subtle sparkle and works best over OPI Exactly My Pointe. I have used this topcoat on my toes, as a French tip over Exactly My Pointe, and as a topcoat on my left ring finger only. It is lovely. I get compliments every time I wear these two colors from the OPI ballet collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Pirouette My Whistle has gorgeous hex glitter and micro glitter suspended in a clear base. It looks great layered over pale pink/nude polishes which is how I like to wear mine. The glitter is not dense, infact it's quite sheer on it's own and will need multiple coats.