July 28, 2014 | 1835 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Infallible - Amber Rush

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy moly, this stuff is FABULOUS. I don't know how to describe the consistency other than it has more moisture than a powder but has a lot less moisture than a cream. It is not a loose shadow, but it is also not tightly pressed. Inside the little tub is a little piece of flat plastic that helps keep the shadow pressed down. Despite its odd consistency it blends easily, beautifully and smoothly. It is very highly pigmented and, IMO, is just as good if not better than some high end brands.
One thing I will say is that the shimmery shades definitely have a high luster, so if you do not like shimmer or shiny shadows then you will not be a fan of many of the colors. There are matte colors, I just have not tried those yet. This shadow lasts a very long time (I work 12 hour shifts in healthcare) and it doesn't crease. This shadow also makes a beautiful liner on a damp brush.
As far as the color amber rush goes, I'm not sure super pale girls will love it because it can look kind of orange, but it is a beautiful color to pair with other shadows. This color is screaming to be put on blue eyes. I know that $8 US is typically expensive for a "drug store shadow single", however, it really is excellent quality and I have paid a lot more than that for MAC/Urban Decay/etc. single shades. Try one of the shades, you wont regret it!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by lmwiding

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Currently this is my favorite eye shadow! It lasts all day and is better lasting power than some oft high end shadows. I will definitely be buying more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A lovely, almost-skin colored shimmery eyeshadow on my NC44 skin. It's super easy to swipe on with a finger and goes on more pigmented that way. Even with my uber-oily lids, this lasts almost all day (with some creasing). With my HG NARS eyeshadow primer, it does not crease.

This is a great, versatile color that I can see myself wearing every day.

Minus some packaging points because you have to keep this little plastic disc stacked on top of the shadow every time you close it, which is cumbersome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

WOW. I have been on a quest to find my perfect bronze & copper eye shadows/liners. I first heard this reviewed from Pretty Shiny Sparkly -- she pairs it with Maybelline color tatoo in Bad to the Bronze. I purchased this Amber Rush and my heart skips a beat whenever I open the lid. It is bright, sheen, coppery deliciousness. I can wear this in my crease or just on the lid. I love the contrast with my blue eyes. It is even pretty smudged under the lower lash line, even if you don't wear it on the lid. So glad I purchased this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by sunnygrl

I love the shade but when I first bought it, I opened it to find it a bit crumbly. I was dispointed, with the little plastic stopper I packed it back down making it smooth again. I love the shade but the packaging could be a lot better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by bananachic12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a gorgeous, unique eyeshadow! I absolutely love this rose gold metallic shade, it is buttery soft and is extremely pigmented. The wear time on this shadow is impressive, it lasts till the end of the day with no creasing or fading. I always get so many compliments when wearing this eyeshadow, and am always pleased by its wear time and pigmentation with each use. Because you use so little due to the pigmentation, you get a lot of value with the amount of product. I find the best way to apply this is to start by patting the shadow onto the lid initially and then sweep over it to blend it in. This eyeshadow is a true hidden gem at the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by becky129

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This eye shadow is FABULOUS!!! I have oily lids, but this formula stays on all day with great color payoff, which is a miracle for me. I love it so much I keep buying more colors. So far I have Bronzed Taupe, Amber Rush, Liquid Diamond, Eternal Sunshine & Golden Sage.

L'Oreal's ad says that this is "Velvety Formula. Fadeproof. Waterproof." and for once, the ad is truthful! I have gone swimming with this on and it stays put until I remove with cleanser.

I'm not a fan of the plastic stopper, so I toss it immediately. My shadow still remains in tact all the way until I hit pan.

If you are on the fence about getting one of these, just do it! They are reasonably priced and unlike any other shadow I've tried (high end OR drugstore.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS:
*Quite similar to Urban Decay's eyeshadow in Toasted. Very similar reddish bronzey color. Other people also think it's a dupe for MAC's pigment in Tan.
*Looks beautiful on brown eyes!
*Smooth texture! Not powdery or chalky.
*No fallout.
*No creasing!
*VERY pigmented! You don't need to use a lot to get a nice look.
*I personally like the packaging, some people don't but I love how small the little container is. Doesn't take up any room in my makeup bag and
* The little plug that comes in the eyeshadow actually helps it keeps it shape and keeps it from getting messy!
*Pretty much the exact same product as the Georgio Armani Eyes to Kill eyeshadows which retail for 32 dollars. HUGE PRICE difference and literally the same product...since loreal owns or owned Georgio Armani.
*Affordable price. I got mine for 5 bucks.
*Easy to find. I've seen them at walmart, cvs, walgreens, target, ulta, ect.

CONS:
*NONE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Price: $11 CAD
Colour: rose gold/champagne
Finish: reflective metallic
Pigm.: full
Wear time: all day
Texture: buttery

It wears all day even without a primer, which is a miracle on my super oily eyelids. I love putting a burgundy in the crease with this colour! It's super shimmery so I wouldn't recommend using this as a brow bone hightlight or as cheek bone highlight unless the look you're going for is alien haha
Also, yes it is quite close to MAC Tan pigment :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by JJLOVEE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I simply adore this shade, texture, everything about this product. Pleasantly surprised and even questioned if I should buy a back up even when I'm not done with my first one yet (isn't that always the predicament for a product we love?)

High quality, buttery, versatile, and it does last. I apply with my fingers for best application.
Can use alone or make it the accent color while you add a matte color as a crease shade.

I don't want to keep hoarding make up products but these infallible eye shadows, especially with colors and qualities like amber rush make it so hard to resist! (ive been good so I only have about 4 colors that I use regularly)