April 18, 2014 | 1825 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Superb Extra Dimension Skinfinish

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Superb is a gorgeous highlighter that gives my skin a nice glow. It's a very subtle shade that works well with most skin tones. Update: this shade seems too light for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

GORGEOUS!!! I've tried other highlighters from many brands but none compare to Superb! I'm NC25-30 Asian w yellow undertones. First, the color is BEAUTIFUL! pinky/peachy champagne that adds a heavenly glow without being glittery or gritty. Second, the texture is smooth and creamy and melts into the skin. It also doesn't settle into lines or accentuate lines under the eyes (if you have any). It's a very subtle highlight-just adds that extra oomph. I wouldn't repurchase because the pot is HUGE. I also tried Whisper of Gilt-more gold colored- and that didn't add the glow that Superb did. LOVE IT! Much prefer this formula to powder highlighters. I tried applying with a skunk brush and fingers and it didn't work so I got the ELF studio powder brush (black and flat top) and this applies it perfectly-either by stippling or buffing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is gorgeous, best out of the three launched in the Mac Extra dimension.
It is so, so pretty. Warm peachy champagne color. Melts into the skin, great staying power. I have also used it as an eyeshadow all over my lid and blended out to the brow bone, this pops my blue eyes and looks gorgeous on my fair skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Asianbarbiee91

MAC Superb is one of the most desired products from the recently released Extra Dimension line. It has a reputation for being extremely similar to Laura Mercier's Rose Rendezvous Highlighter. However I do not own RR and cannot compare. Superb is one of the best skinfinishes from MAC I've ever tried. Unlike the original mineralize skin finishes, it does not accentuate lines or pores. The formula is much silkier and without the grittiness that most MSFS have due to the excessive glitter. Superb is a bronzey creamy light pink tone that I think is universally suiting. I use it on the apples on my cheeks and it really makes my cheekbones stand out. This would look amazing for a "no-makeup" look too. Sometimes I wear just this, a MLBB lipstick shade, and a thin layer of black eyeliner. If you're looking for a clean, polished, yet SUPERB look, I say get your hands on this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

Perfect highlighter. Its metallic so it gives brightness. I wish companies would go for metallic more as it can really bounce light and add radience like no other finish can. Superb is a perfect highlighter. Texture is great, the look on the face is no other, and doesnt accentuate flaws. If you missed out pick up sweet heat eyeshadow from the collection. They are similar.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Since I missed out on the Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous, I was so happy my MAC Store had plenty of the Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Superb. I love the texture and pigmentation of this, I've been neglecting all my other highlighters. I love using the Real Techniques pointy contour brush, this is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by jchoi128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It's not a mineralize skinfinish for sure. It's a totally and completely different texture and finish. It's the first and the most unique skinfinish that MAC has come up with so far. The average MSFs are very soft and silky to the touch but this feels soft, silky, VERY smooth, and I would personally consider it not to be powdery at all. It just sticks to your skin and lasts a whole day. It really feels like something that has moisture added to it - as if you were wearing a regular MSF applied with a wet brush. Great pigmentation so you really don't need much at all. Just a light sweep is enough for the average gal. I also love the unique design in the pan, you can't just miss it, haha.

There have been several reviews by ladies saying this is a very similar product to the Estee Lauder and Laura Mercier - especially this particular shade in SUPERB. It really is a nice color, leaning slightly more bronze but a very pretty peachy color that is suitable for a lot of skin tones I think. I really love this shade, looks great on my NC20 skin which gives off a lovely sheen (not sparkly or glittery or shimmery), that GLOW you get and doesn't emphasize any pores (for me at least). I will definitely repurchase this over and over again, considering MAC doesn't come up with other shades in a different collection made of the same texture. =) Definitely worth checking it out at a counter~

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by JCha

This highlighter works great if you're using mac 188 brush or anything similar. I knew I couldn't pass this up since it looks so unique. It will last me for a very long time just cause I have other highlighters.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so late buying this that there was one left. Whenever I want something and there is one left I call it fate and buy it. I mainly bought this because it's an exact dupe for two other famous/expensive highlighters. Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous and Estee Lauder Modern Mercury. It's not hard to work with at all. You want to use a synthetic taklon bristle brush with these, like Real Techniques stippling or contour brushes. It's not exactly creamy or a gel product that melts when touched, but it is a powder/gel hybrid. Solid enough to stay in shape and not melt, but soft enough to use. Superb is the only one I wanted because it's a rosey golden peach shade. It looks different in certain lights. Well worth the $29 because of the texture, wear, color, and for being a spot on dupe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

K for starts this is NOT an msf! It's a skinfinish and the formula is completely different from a mineralized product! I have owned the most popular msfs and highlighting products by MAC and several other brands. This is my favorite highlighter right now. The color looks gorgeous on my warm skin. My boyfriend everytime I wear this tells me I look very pretty and have a sexy look about my makeup. It compliments all my blushes and even balances out blushes that are took pigmented on the cheek. I have no regrets buying this, and I feel it deserves credit because let's face it.... There are many other MAC products that received a ton of hype that people later found the products quality itself sucked. I don't cave into hype, but I do give products worth consideration a proper review. There are tons of highlighters out there and this one just happens to do what I want well. I prefer glow to my cheeks that is not chunky and not white. Wearing lighter highlighters seems too unnatural to me. Something along the same undertone of my skin but reflects a light glow is ideal to me, and Superb nails it. Whisper of gilt is pretty too, but appeared to fake of a highlighter for me.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No