April 19, 2014 | 998 users online

Bronzers - Too Faced - Milk Chocolate Soleil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This bronzer is one of those guilty pleasure purchases that also ends up having a truly functional and necessary roles in your makeup routine. I really was having a hard time finding a quality, natural looking bronzer to contour my face that complimented my skin tone and added a healthy glow, without making me look like I was visiting Florida from the Jersey Shore. I thought about just buying whatever powder I was using at the time in a few shades darker, rather than try to find a bronzer that wasn't complete garbage and filled with shimmer and/or glitter. I also wanted to depart from getting the typical kind of orangey-super dark bronzer tone that I felt like was the main color scheme of every makeup line's bronzer selection. I had heard of Too Faced Chocolate Soleil before and was intrigued to see (and smell) the product for myself. When I saw it at Ulta, I was pleasantly surprised with the color of it.. Even for a "darker" bronzer, it had a very neutral, non-orangey tone and NO SHIMMER! Yay! Only problem was that I kind of was wanting something a little lighter, just for contouring during the daytime at work, where I have to wear a full face of makeup and look fashionable, yet still day appropriate.. Behold! To my left was 'MILK' Chocolate Soleil and I knew my search was over. Its just a perfect, neutral lighter version that is perfect for adding dimension to my face, day or night. I use a darker, more traditional bronzer along with this when I want a more dramatic or fully made-up face for a night out or whatnot, but this Milk Chocolate Soleil was exactly what I was looking for. Packaging is cute, sturdy and the gold color and texture of the compact makes it really nice and easy to find when I'm digging through my purse. I've had this for over 6 months now (maybe longer) and I use it about everyday and I've yet to hit pan or really make much of a dent to speak of! Unique, cute, quality product that I highly recommend. I showed it to my sister, and she went and bought one of her own and loves it too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by Catsmeow2324

My new favorite bronzer!!! Before this, I was using Benefit's hoola and nars Laguna. I ran out of hoola and I was looking for a new bronzer at ulta. I have always been eyeing the chocolate bronzer but they didn't have the light medium version in stock.:( so I went to sephora and bought it and it is perfect for my NW20 skin tone . The plus about this is it smells and tastes (yes I had to taste it lol) like chocolate!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by ExoticAlbinoAgain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm naturally NC10 (albino...yellow undertones) and NC20 when I spray tan. A lot of people rec'd this product to me since it'd be good for my skintone supposedly. However upon application, it was bright orange and way too dark. Just like 99% of bronzers on the market I've tried. I've actually found drugstore bronzers better than this...for 1/3rd the price.

The color sucks, so I obviously won't be repurchasing since that makes it worthless to me. HOWEVER here are 3 nice traits about Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil: 1.) Smells like chocolate...my inner fat chick LOVES that. 2.) Highly pigmented. If it wasn't such an ugly shade, that would have been fabulous. 3.) Cute, easy to open packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by vancandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I believe I've had this product long enough to get over the initial hype and give it an honest review. First, a little about me so you can see how you compare to my situation: I'm fair at NW 15, but I have enough pink in the surface of my skin that I pass off as a bit darker than I actually am. I have dry skin that loves a good oil, and I tend towards dullness rather than dewiness in my bare-faced state.

I do think that Milk Chocolate Soleil (MCS) is a good bronzer--it's long lasting, not particularly orange, and smells pretty nice to boot (a lot of people say the scent is sickening, but maybe I just love chocolate that much!). If I put it on in the morning, it won't oxidize or lose its color until I wash it off at night. It's also hard to overdo this stuff, so like Dandelion blush, I'd recommend it to pale people with heavy hands and not a lot of time to blend. The packaging is also super cute in gold plastic and raised embossing, and I don't find that it's too bulky. Then again, I don't need to do touch-ups, so I'm not exactly carrying it around with me.

So those are the positives about MCS! My biggest problem with the product is that it DOES look noticeable powdery, at least on my arid skin. With setting powder, this bronzer, and a blush, I can tend to look like I got a bag of colored powder thrown on my face. Along a similar vein, I actually don't really like that it's completely matte. It's honestly too light and warm-toned to use as a contour even for me, and I'd rather have a bit of sheen in my products to offset my already matte skin.

I give this product three lippies FOR ME personally, and for other people with minimal to no oil problems. I'd also suggest that individuals with aging skin stay away from this product. I'll use it up, because really it's so subtle and lovely, but I won't buy it again. I'd rather have something that lends a bit more life to my face ::)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Perfect bronzer for my N10-15 skin (I am neutral-toned. A tiny bit more NC than NW). But it also wears well on my teen who is a true PPP, probably an NW5 if there is such a thing. One of the few bronzers I've found that doesn't either go muddy on me or end up too orange. This applies so smoothly and easily and evenly. Subtle but buildable. Doesn't bring out lines more where I apply it. Stays in place (hardly any fading over time.). No shimmer, so I can use it for contour beautifully and naturally. I usually don't care about this kind of thing, but this smells amazing.

CONS: The only cons I have is that it's not dirt cheap and that the packaging could be just tad smaller to make it easier to stash in purse.

ALTERNATES: Perhaps Smashbox's Suntan Matte, but it's not near as easy to apply as this is, and I have to be careful that it doesn't end up too dark on me. It's also just a bit orangier than this.

APPLICATION TIPS: I use Sephora's bronzer brush. It works very well (easy and natural application) but does shed just a bit. If someone reading this has one that works better,, feel free to send me a message with the name. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Brady0912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally found a great bronzer for contouring my fair skin! Everything I try is either too orange of too muddy. This is perfect and it smells delicious!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best bronzer I've ever used. It smells delicious too! It is a beautiful matte and looks perfect on my fair skin. I can't use it for a contour though, as it pulls very orange and unnatural. Great for a light bronzing :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by KitKatKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I tried the original but it was too dark, red and muddy on my fair skin. I am between an NC20 and NC25. This milk chocolate version doesn't appear muddy or dark...I use it to contour and it looks natural. It's quite easy to blend into the skin too. Sturdy packaging and the scent is quite nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by lauramb122

This Bronzer is a Holy Grail for me! Especially during the winter months when my skin is lacking a bit of color! It smells wonderful! It looks natural! And it goes on very nicely! I would recommend this bronzer to anyone! If you are very fair and most bronzers make you look muddy, try this! I think you would really enjoy it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by megs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this bronzer! It smells amazing and doesn't look orange! The staying power in my opinion is not the best that is why I have it a 4 out of 5... I do find myself grabbing for this bronzer a lot!