April 18, 2014 | 1375 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm using the sensitive skin version of this BB cream and it's the best BB cream I've ever used! Works really well with my sensitive skin. Moisturise. Blur imperfection (I said blur, not erase or hide). Ppl with oily skin might not like it though. My face doesn't get very oily during the day but usually blotting paper will be needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by GillianMarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Hmmmm, not sure why the ratings are so low but I would guess that this stuff is not for young skin. I've had very oily, acne prone skin all my life but now that I'm 'older' my skin has cleared and settled down a bit. I definitely wouldn't use this when I was younger.
I've repurchased this 3 times now. I use this with Revlon's Photoready concealer and most days forgo using foundation. My skin glows and feels wonderful.
The colour is perfect for me, no gray, but I also have a slight 'permanent tan' and finding a good match in colour has always been a problem.
I like this better than some of the pricier BB creams. They have expanded their line for oily and aging skin so I can only assume that despite the low score on this site that I'm not the only one repurchasing this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by YassAndin

I thought this product was pretty good. There are a few pros and cons:

PROS

- Inexpensive
- Doesn't break you out
- Good for summer

CONS

- Too liquid-y in consistency
- Really light coverage

I would give it a higher rating if only it has more of a coverage. Therefore, I wouldn't be repurchasing this product and I can try other BB creams (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by theycallmetrex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! Works better than anything I've tried. I use to buy smashbox, lorac, tarte and many more of the higher priced makeup from sephora/ulta but I like this best out of anything I've ever tried. More for people who don't have a problem with breakouts because it's not amazing for coverage. If you have an obvious pimple you will need to dab a heavier concealer over it. I like this because it looks very natural and matches my skin tone very well. I never get a weird line on my neck area like some face makeup does. Sometimes I have to set with powder because it makes my skin look too shiny if I don't. I like to try out different products a lot but I always come back to this. I should just stop wasting money and stick to this because it lasts forever and is so cheap and works so well. I have light olive skin and use the medium/deep in summer but without a tan I have to use the light one. I feel like the light one and this shade are so good for people with olive tone skin because usually makeup is too pink or orange on me and this is just a really good match, my skin has a yellow undertone to it and I have a hard time finding a good makeup that makes my face match my neck and arms and rest of my body.. this makeup matches amazing. I hate having a pink or orange face and then my neck is like yellowish and I just look stupid.

I get super tan in summer and when the medium/deep shade became too light for me I tried the one that is just labeled "deep" and it looked like I was wearing a mask and was the leader of the oompa loompas. did not work well with my skin tone

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by pk2013

I have the original one. It's a little too cool for my tan skin tone. It's a little oily for me and I have combination skin. For the price, it wasn't a bad beginner BB cream. I don't care for the smell. The only positive thing about this product is that it's pretty cheap and you can just do foundation, moisturizer and SPF in one step. Really, I would just mix some foundation in with my SPF or throw some tinted moisturizer on. I can't bring myself to finish the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by xstarb0rn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My overall rating is a three for a few reasons. I have completely oily skin during the summer time. I love to use either no makeup or light makeup during the summer. Considering this is a BB Cream, I thought I would be able to wear this during the summer. I was, in fact, unable to wear this until the fall. I wasn't able to wear this during the summer time because I became very oily whenever I applied this. At first the product goes on looking wet and dries to a natural dewy finish. I absolutely love either a matte face (more for winter) or a healthy dewy glow (more for summer.) At first during the day, I would look dewy and I LOVED it. Then I found myself applying face powder non stop to control the oil being produced.

As for the price, I paid roughly fourteen dollars for mine at CVS. Now, fourteen dollars isn't bad for 2.5oz of product. Most drug store foundations are running around ten dollars now a days. Had I gone to Wal-Mart to purchase my BB Cream, I would've been more satisfied.

The packaging isn't bad at all. The only problem that I have with the packaging is that the product inside somehow smears on the cap and gets very dirty.

The shade selection with this product is very poor. When choosing BB Creams from any company, you should keep that in mind. BB Creams are almost a one color fits all kind of deal. If you're lucky enough to not need a lot of coverage I would suggest looking in to the Maybelline Dream BB Cream. To my knowledge, that BB Cream has the best shade selection in any drug store.

Would I buy this product again? Yes. Why? I absolutely love this product for the fall. I didn't even bother with my foundations for three months because of this BB Cream. I used it for months and I still haven't run out of the original bottle. I cannot wait until fall again so that I can use it some more. I'm even considering buying the BB Cream for oily skin by Garnier. I just want to use up one of my summer time foundations, which is taking a long time since I don't use makeup that much during the summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

Orange mess!!! This junk looks like shiny orange paint that never dries. It instantly caused me to break out. Not to mention this is not "deep" by any means, It made my egyptian/czech complexion look like a bright orange disaster.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by featherbriefcase

I bought this BB cream because tragedy stuck one night and I lost my makeup back with all my gear (mostly MUFE and EL foundations, concealers, shadows, primers; along with MAC and Japonesque Brushes) and had no choice but to go to the Drug Store and try and find something that I could use temporarily until I could get back my MUF Matte Velvet, Full Coverage Concealer, primer and Setting powder, and EL DWL in 3 and 4, my shadows, and my face and eye brushes. So sad to have lost all my stuff.

But back to the GF BB Cream. I found that:

1) There needs to be a larger range of shades. I have to blend Med/Deep and Deep to get the right shade, I'm NW40-42 in Mac, Intensity 4 in EL DWL and Shell Beige 4N1 in EL DW. All these foundations blend perfectly into my naturally tan skin. But GF BB Cream in Med/Deep is on the light side and the Deep is just, well too deep. I think the Deep can be used as a liquid bronzer.

2) It does not cause Acne, as long as you remove it every night with a makeup remover and toner to remove any remaining traces.

3) I store it upside down with the cap turned up because it has a very light liquidy consistency, kind of reminds me of Chanel Aqua Lumier, but with sucky packaging that allows the product to ooze out and leak into the cap if left standing up on its lid. Also, if you don't flip it over, the spout gets covered in product and it looks gross when you go to use it. So I keep it upside down in the same cup that holds my stippling brush, foundation brush and powder brush.

4) It provides decent coverage. I would consider this a solid medium coverage product. Its definitely not full coverage like EL DW or MUFE MV, but it does perform similarly to MAC studio fix, which is markets as a full coverage foundation (I don't think it is). It does cover up redness and hyper pigmentation. I found that when using around the eye area for dark circles that it made my eyes sting, so watch out for that.

5) It does not last all day like EL DW, which I consider to be the standard by which to judge all other so called long-wearing foundations. However, this product is not marketed as long wearing and it is definitely easier to remove than EL DW or MAC ProWear. I find myself having to reapply or touch up mid day even if I set with powder.

6) It can cake if you don't prep your skin, and the color can shift an oxidize to a lighter color, so be aware of that. Otherwise, I find that it looks natural in any light - outdoor or indoor from flattering to the dreaded fluorescent lights. It's oil control properties do leave something to be desired. I find that it leaves me with a dewy finish, which I don't expect with a product marketed to those with oily/combination skin.

Overall, I'm satisfied with this product. I won't use this as my go to foundation. For that I'll stick to MUF and EL. This is more of a backup and something to slap on on the weekends when I dont feel like applying, concealing and setting. And I hate the packaging.

I think I will try a more high end BB cream in the future to keep as a backup coverup.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by ashleylyt

This is the first bb cream I've ever used, and extremely disappointed. Garnier marketed this product and everyone in my town was talking about it, so I did get sold by the marketing to get this product.

When I first applied this product, I used a brush, and it looked okay- but could be better. Coverage less than medium. I then decided to use my fingers instead, but it looked worse. Maybe it's also because I hate rubbing things with color into my skin anyways.

Anyway, I wore it for around 6 hours, and when I came back, my face was BREAKING OUT. Maybe it's just a coincidence right? Nooo, every time I use it after that, I break out. So I definitely don't recommend this product for people with oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin people, because that's my skin type. However, my friend has just oily skin, and it works fine for her, but she also gets breakouts. So, sad to say, this product is a no-no for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by sophiarossell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this in late winter I hated it. It made my face look way too dewy and shiny and didn't quite match my winter skin tone. I promptly shoved it to the back of my product drawer. However, I recently decided to give it another chance because I was headed to the pool and needed the SPF. I was surprised at how it instantly perfected my face even hiding some minor acne scars (note: still very light coverage). After a week of wearing it out and about and even to the gym I can say it didn't make me breakout at all. My combo skin usually reacts badly to most moisturizing products. The scent of the bb cream is a lot like all garnier products. I don't really like it but it isn't offensive. The medium deep shade was compatible with my very yellow undertones and olive skin. Overall this is a great no fuss summer product that you can just throw on on your way out the door. If you have oily skin a little powder will help with the dewiness. I have also been using Philosophy's new total matteness pore eraser under this and it keeps my t-zone from looking oily.