July 28, 2014 | 1791 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Truth or Dare by Madonna

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like white florals, the real flowers especially, so I look for perfumes that remind me of them. Its a good choice of notes with its own personality with a gorgeous bottle to match. Definitley not a weak citrus celebrity clone. However the outcome is very plasticy synthetic jasmine/gardenia. I feel the ingredients are a bit cheap and they could have put a bit more care into formulating it. Still, I guess it was better quality (ie contained real flower oils) it would probably be 5 or 10 times the price.

NOTES
Top - gardenia, creamy tuberose, neroli
Heart - jasmine, benzoin white lily
Base - vanilla absolute, caramelized amber, musk

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by sillyjulie18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this bottle up, blind buy based on reviews I read online. I knew it would be floral but I was expecting something else because what I got when I sprayed it on was a blast of floral, no specific florals just all the floral scents smashed up into one. I wore it on my hand throughout the day and everytime I got a whiff of it I just gagged. I love perfumes and I have tons, I have no particular favorite scent as I love all, but this one is awful. By the end of the day I was on my way back to the store for a return. The longevity of this scent is long wearing, three hand washings later the scent was finally starting to fade. Yuck!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by tyekristopher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

wow! first off this was better than what I was expecting! It starts off with a sharp white floral opening that smells of gardenia and tubarose but about an hour or so later it softens up and you start to smell that carmel amber and creamy vanilla. The dry down is so worth the wait, it isnt over the top sweet like britney or paris hilton pefumes it is a more grown up mature fragrance. It has kind of a buttery creamy milky smell on me at least, I don't know how others smell with this but I get that carmel butter pop corn. Which isn't a bad thing in my book. The scent itself LAST FOREVER you don't even need to reapply it which I also love it goes on it stays on! the bottle is simple and beautiful. I like the fact that madonna put in alot of effort into this fragrance. Alot seem to not like it but I say try it ON wait and see how it does with you. I almost turned it away because of bad reviews so don't be scared or put off by this wonderful scent

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample which unfortunately spilled all over the rest of the box's contents. The sheer brute force of tuberose drove me far away from testing on skin for about a year! Feeling brave, I was in a tubey sort of mood and tried it out. It's actually really nice, as the vanilla aspect works well with the white florals and tames the whole thing into a pretty pink cloud. On skin, it's surprisingly less fearsome than on paper (or other objects). Nicely done, a good choice for when you're feeling girly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

Truth or Dare smells like Fracas at first whiff - a rounded full petaled white floral - buttery ,sweet tuberose ....but has not got the complexity , heft nor the clean warm sexy floral skin that I get in the dry down of Fracas. Perhaps, Truth or Dare ..being a a modern scent - evolves differently ,built differently - but the idea / source behind Truth or Dare .... i.e *Fracas * is 100 % there - an inspiration. It is one of Madonna's favorite scents.
If you like big white buttery florals and sweetness - this is a good one. if you like Kim Kardashian's perfume, Michael Kors etc - you should try Truth or Dare.
I like Truth or Dare very very much . I think Madonna did a good job although she borrowed the idea 'lock stock and 2 smoking barrels " ( ref. Guy Ritchie ;D ) from Germaine Cellier !
The bottle shape is horrible , grotesque- like a small portable coffin. Really - Madonna could have done bettter with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was mozying past the fragrances at Sam's Club and saw the bottle of Truth or Dare on the tray of testers, and thought, why not? Wow. I like, no, love Madonna's Truth or Dare. Did not expect that! I am no fan of Madonna and certainly didn't want to love this fragrance, but alas, I do. It's a rich white floral with a spicy, resinous, and almost gourmand drydown. This is a cooler weather floral, which is nice, because most of my florals are of the light, sparkling variety. This is frequently compared with Fracas, but I don't find them interchangeable at all. Truth or Dare is more complex, though the openings are similar. Fracas is a long time favorite of mine, but Truth or Dare has also earned its place in my fragrance cabinet!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by loobyl

I sprayed this on in a perfume shop and immediatly it reminded me of Christain Diorīs original Poison. I like stong scents with personality and this has it. It was on offer for 9.99 euros reduced from 47 but I ended up not buying it as I had already bought 2 other perfumes but I will probably go back to the shop and buy it as it is good for Winter. I donīt think it is suitable for women under 35 and not for Summer use either. I think its a perfume you either love or loathe. Itīs a pity the bottle is so opaque and you canīt actually see how much you have left in the bottle but I suppose that when you press the noozle and nothing comes out then you know that you have come to the end.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by lisbet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Found this at T.J. Maxx for $15!! I got into my car, opened it and sprayed it and immediately returned for another bottle! Despite all the negative reviews, I find it to be an outstanding fragrance! I love white flower fragrances like Fracas and Black Orchid and do not think TOD is too strong! I think this is a fragrance for more mature noses. The younger women these days like lighter, fruitier, sweet fragrances and this one is none of those things. I am pleased with my bargain and plan to use up both bottles! Oh and BTW-my husband noticed this one on me and actually liked it! He usually hates florals. I decided not to tell him it was Madonna's fragrance-I didn't want to give him any reason to criticize it and his opinion of Madonna is not favorable-he's just an old fuddy-duddy! She's not my favorite either, but her fragrance has found a place in my collection!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this scent! It is a tuberose scent but has gourmand notes that make it sweet. It is sort of like a tuberose cinnamon roll. Smells good! I wish the lasting power was better though. I would rebuy this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

as a huge perfume fan and one who goes and tries everything new I have to say that this fragrance although well balanced it simply way too old fashioned. It is way too strong like Fracas and Black Orchid. If it was diluted say by 20x it would be lovely. As it is i do not hink anyone should dare wear it. I heard many stores sent their stocks back because people thought it smelled like their grandmother's scent which was Madonna's aim. What do you excpet from Madonna? she wears Fracas and I think Youth Dew.....money does not mean good taste i guess. having said all that, i think it will smell great on darker skin tones. Kim Kardashian has one similiar to it but much more beautiful and lighter. Shame!