November 23, 2014 | 1937 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Truth or Dare by Madonna

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A sharp, crisp tuberose that delivers with opposing notes of surprise. Strong tuberose intermingles with woods and spices in this fanciful perfume introduced by Madonna. One must definitely be a floral lover to enjoy this one or it could be a headache inducer.
There are days I’m in the mood for this type of scent when it basically comes through straight florals without much more mixed in to make this fragrance one of a linear proportion. Did I say tuberose lovers unite in Madonna’s Truth or Dare? They should. It delivers.
After wearing this straight for a few days in bitterly cold weather when I believe the notes would be at their advantage, I still found it to be a basic tuberose lovers’ delight. (There I go again…tuberose, tuberose, tuberose….am I making myself clear here?)
Tuberose radiates strongly for hours until washed off. Why? You guessed it. The tuberose is that strong. Which is a good thing. (For tuberose lovers.)
With a stretch I can find an underlayer of sandalwood hugging and an occasional spice wafting through. But those components hardly hold the show together. Why? Because the tuberose kicks ass instead and is the star of this perfume.
The bottle is unique in design but fools you until you realize it’s only white painted glass. That’s right. Painted glass. As if someone sat in a craft class with their little styrofoam brushes and dipped them in a paint tub and stroked away. Shiny white painted glass. My bottle chipped on the first day of use. On the front, right above the logo. On top of that, there were paint bubbles in the paint finish.
For under 20 bucks with a lotion and bath gel, this was a steal, but I’m still seriously aggravated about the chipping paint on the bottle.
This perfume is considered an oriental floral.
Top Notes: Neroli, Gardenia, Tuberose.
Middle Notes: Jasmine, Benzoin, Lily.
Base Notes: Musk, Amber, Vanille.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by nataliieanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

JASMINE JASMINE JASMINE... SMELL FREAKIN' AMAZING!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I expected to appreciate this, but not necessarily want to wear it...especially due to Fracas comparisons. Well, this is a much more wearable fragrance & a beauty in its own right. The bottle is unique and the sexy sultry tuberose is just stunning. This is truly the most gorgeous scent I've smelled in years. My only concern is that I could be a limited time scent since it's a Madonna Madonna scent as opposed to one released by a fragrance house. I'm afraid it could lose credibility since it's a "celebrity perfume". I guarantee if this was released by L'Artisan or another house, this stunner of a fragrance would be a top seller!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by shubshub

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells like a Fracas dupe! I like it, but prefer the Fracas.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like white florals, the real flowers especially, so I look for perfumes that remind me of them. Its a good choice of notes with its own personality with a gorgeous bottle to match. Definitley not a weak citrus celebrity clone. However the outcome is very plasticy synthetic jasmine/gardenia. I feel the ingredients are a bit cheap and they could have put a bit more care into formulating it. Still, I guess it was better quality (ie contained real flower oils) it would probably be 5 or 10 times the price.

NOTES
Top - gardenia, creamy tuberose, neroli
Heart - jasmine, benzoin white lily
Base - vanilla absolute, caramelized amber, musk

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by sillyjulie18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this bottle up, blind buy based on reviews I read online. I knew it would be floral but I was expecting something else because what I got when I sprayed it on was a blast of floral, no specific florals just all the floral scents smashed up into one. I wore it on my hand throughout the day and everytime I got a whiff of it I just gagged. I love perfumes and I have tons, I have no particular favorite scent as I love all, but this one is awful. By the end of the day I was on my way back to the store for a return. The longevity of this scent is long wearing, three hand washings later the scent was finally starting to fade. Yuck!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by tyekristopher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

wow! first off this was better than what I was expecting! It starts off with a sharp white floral opening that smells of gardenia and tubarose but about an hour or so later it softens up and you start to smell that carmel amber and creamy vanilla. The dry down is so worth the wait, it isnt over the top sweet like britney or paris hilton pefumes it is a more grown up mature fragrance. It has kind of a buttery creamy milky smell on me at least, I don't know how others smell with this but I get that carmel butter pop corn. Which isn't a bad thing in my book. The scent itself LAST FOREVER you don't even need to reapply it which I also love it goes on it stays on! the bottle is simple and beautiful. I like the fact that madonna put in alot of effort into this fragrance. Alot seem to not like it but I say try it ON wait and see how it does with you. I almost turned it away because of bad reviews so don't be scared or put off by this wonderful scent

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample which unfortunately spilled all over the rest of the box's contents. The sheer brute force of tuberose drove me far away from testing on skin for about a year! Feeling brave, I was in a tubey sort of mood and tried it out. It's actually really nice, as the vanilla aspect works well with the white florals and tames the whole thing into a pretty pink cloud. On skin, it's surprisingly less fearsome than on paper (or other objects). Nicely done, a good choice for when you're feeling girly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

Truth or Dare smells like Fracas at first whiff - a rounded full petaled white floral - buttery ,sweet tuberose ....but has not got the complexity , heft nor the clean warm sexy floral skin that I get in the dry down of Fracas. Perhaps, Truth or Dare ..being a a modern scent - evolves differently ,built differently - but the idea / source behind Truth or Dare .... i.e *Fracas * is 100 % there - an inspiration. It is one of Madonna's favorite scents.
If you like big white buttery florals and sweetness - this is a good one. if you like Kim Kardashian's perfume, Michael Kors etc - you should try Truth or Dare.
I like Truth or Dare very very much . I think Madonna did a good job although she borrowed the idea 'lock stock and 2 smoking barrels " ( ref. Guy Ritchie ;D ) from Germaine Cellier !
The bottle shape is horrible , grotesque- like a small portable coffin. Really - Madonna could have done bettter with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was mozying past the fragrances at Sam's Club and saw the bottle of Truth or Dare on the tray of testers, and thought, why not? Wow. I like, no, love Madonna's Truth or Dare. Did not expect that! I am no fan of Madonna and certainly didn't want to love this fragrance, but alas, I do. It's a rich white floral with a spicy, resinous, and almost gourmand drydown. This is a cooler weather floral, which is nice, because most of my florals are of the light, sparkling variety. This is frequently compared with Fracas, but I don't find them interchangeable at all. Truth or Dare is more complex, though the openings are similar. Fracas is a long time favorite of mine, but Truth or Dare has also earned its place in my fragrance cabinet!