April 17, 2014 | 1350 users online

Eyeliner - Milani - Eye Tech Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great marker-type liquid eyeliner. I use it for tightlining. The long, fine tip easily gets into the lash line without mucking up my eye makeup. It lasts all day, then comes right off with eye makeup remover. It's not irritating either: I can't count how many times I've poked myself in the eyeball with it! Love it. I've also had Stila's similar product, and I find that the Milani lasts hours longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by itstheaparkalypse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this product has one of the best felt tips ever! I've only had it for about a month, but I haven't had any problems with it so far. This eyeliner is so easy to use when making a winged eyeliner look. I have really shaky hands, so usually I mess up when doing my eyeliner, but the felt tip on this makes it easier to just lay down the product across my eyes. It's so great! It's a bit expensive for a drugstore product, but it's so high quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Vixes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this thinking it would be a cheap alternative to the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in intense black, my absolute HG liquid eyeliner. I used that thing everyday for an entire year and had no trouble repurchasing it at $20 when it dried out. I swore that no liquid eyeliner ever came close to my beloved Stila one. BUT since I heard so many good things about this Milani one (and that the applicator looked pretty similar to the Stila), I decided to try it.

This retails for $8.99 for 0.033 fl oz, which is not all that cheap, but considering the Stila has 0.016 fl oz, less than half for more than twice that price, I thought it was a pretty good buy. One reviewer said this was a dupe for the Stila one, and I have to disagree. While they are pretty darn similar, I wouldn't call it a dupe (for color match). Formula, first of all. The Stila goes on easier, while the Milani seems a little liquidy - not that big of a deal. I bought the Milani in blackest black, which it lies! Next to Stila, Milani looks not so black, but it is fairly buildable, and I was able to achieve a pretty close shade of black with two or three strokes. They are both waterproof, will survive under the sink, but neither of them can take a scrubbing. The Stila, fyi, lasts through crying and hot weather without problems. Milani has had good staying power so far. (I haven't had the chance to wear the Milani through a good cry, but I will update when that happens.) Now, the packaging. Stila wins again in terms of outer packaging. My only issue with Milani is that it doesn't snap close as well as Stila; Stila requires more effort to take off. This *might* be a problem if the Milani cap happens to come off in your bag, but it seems secure so I wouldn't even consider this a drawback on Milani's part. However, I think the applicator for Milani is much better (so far) than Stila's. The Stila applicator tends to "feather" out and I have to pick out the little hairs from time to time. I haven't had that issue with Milani yet. Also, the Milani is longer which makes it a little more comfortable.

Would I choose Milani over Stila? In an ideal world, I would choose Stila because it is more pigmented, but that is my only gripe with Milani. But since Milani is so much cheaper (for the same amount of Stila, you would pay ~$4.36 for Milani) and is a good enough match, I choose Milani. If you don't have Stila and are just looking for a good drugstore eyeliner, it doesn't get better than this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW13 naturally, N20-25 from a bottle : ) Gray eyes. Color season is True Summer.

An awesome, easy-to-use drugstore felt tip liner. I can NEVER do winged eye liner - but I can with the guy! and it's easy too! and it stays all day and the black is very pigmented. Much better than the Wet N Wild Liner I picked up for a few bucks. Get this one!

EDIT: This one is actually not as good as I originally thought. It dried out really fast, meaning that it does not apply evenly and that it is not as pigmented as I wanted. The Physicians Formula one is thinner but lasts longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by 54ndy93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! just wow! This is an amazing liquid liner in a pencil form. It is oh so smooth and pigmented. Its lasting power is phenomenal and it drys into a matte finish. I really like the tip applicator as well, it makes the application very easy. I hasn't been a long time since I purchased it, so I can't tell if it drys fast or not. I'd probably add an update for that. Bottom line: This is a great drugstore liquid eyeliner and I will definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by kyarralaflare

O.M.G. this is the best liquid eyeliner ever! I would def buy again! It's so precise and does exactly what you want it to. my friends want to borrow it all the time best make-up purchase I have ever made.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I find this similar to the L'Oreal Infalliable Super Slim Liner, which is the liquid eyeliner I usually use (though I wear gel liner mostly). They are both very slim and black. Even the pens look pretty similar to each other. This one I think I prefer to the L'Oreal because neither of them are really water/smudge proof, bur this liner lasted all day without giving me panda eyes. There are better liquid liners out there but for now Ill settle with this. Its not bad and at about $6.50 its very cheap for a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by cherrilovee

I know it's not waterproof and all, but strangely, I really really like this eyeliner, but I won't repurchase because it's not waterproof. My eyes tend to be watery, so i need my eyeliners an mascaras to be waterproof. What a shame. If this eyeliner had a better waterproof formula, it would be my HG eyeliner... I don't really recommend this product if you're looking for waterproof eyeliners. Cons: Waterproof, my ass. Not waterproof. Smudged when i put water on it. Pros: Easy to use/Can produce a thin or thick, bold line/DOES NOT SMUDGE AT ALL/Very true color, very pigmented/.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by suzan88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in matte black. I don't have the time to fix my makeup during the day, so longevity is very important to me, I put this on after using Tarte BB primer, Tarte Amazon clay finishing powder. I've only used this one day, but impressed enough after one day to write a review. I put this on at 7am (on my upper lash line/and a little bit on the upper water line) and at 7pm it was still on, faded in a few spots, but still there. There was no smearing/bleeding/smudging, which when using ANY pencil liner I always had some smudging under or around the eye. This didn't sting or irritate my sensitive eyes at all. Will continue to use and am very pleased with it. I will update if my opinion changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by lolasaysyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this liner so much that I just purchased 6 more on sale--both to use as backups and to convert friends and family! I've been using pen liquid liners since 2009 or 2010, and was loyal to Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner until earlier this year when my friend introduced me to Stila Stay All Day. I liked the Stila for its much darker color (the blackest black), and its waterproof, budge-proof abilities. However, I stumbled upon this liner last month, and am really happy to find that it works as an exact dupe of the Stila for 1/4 of the price (on sale). For me, the only noticeable difference is that the Milani liner has a slightly longer felt tip, but that was an easy adjustment to get used to. The color, intensity, size and pliability of the pen tip, control, wear, waterproof/smudge proof abilities are identical to Stila. On the other hand, I tried the Jordana Fabuliner and experiences terrible smudging when my eyes water, which does not happen with this product (it works perfectly fine for me otherwise). For me, it's the perfect intense black, longwearing, smudge proof/waterproof liner that is easy to control for ultra sharp lines and the most delicate winged out cat eyes. Easy to remove as well with a makeup removing wipe, no eye makeup remover needed. Note: I always wear primer and eyeshadow before using liner, so I have no idea whether or not it would smudge on bare lids, but I would suggest primer for those with oily skin that are experiencing smudging problems. Basically the only kind of liner that won't smudge on oily skin is one that forms a water- and oil-resistant polymer film and adheres to the skin. This is not that type of liner, so you will need a primer.