January 27, 2015 | 2010 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - 123 Perfect Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by riree87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation on a whim. I needed something cheap for work as I generally use Clarins Everlasting which is a bit expensive to be slapping on for nursing shifts. The "semi-matte" claims called out to me, having super oily skin I can only really use matte foundations but I hate the way these tend to make skin look a little dull. Anyway, this foundation has really impressed me! So much so that it's found its way out of the "cheap work makeup" category and into my everyday wear. The coverage is medium but buildable without looking cakey. It keeps oil at bay, I still need a quick powder touch up on my t-zone after about four hours. It makes my skin look really flawless, and matte without looking dull. I mix a bit of my NARS Orgasm Illuminator in with it to give a really glowy finish. After an 8 hour shift this foundation holds up pretty well. It is a little patchy and does need a touch up if I'm going out anywhere after work, but I have found that to be true of any foundations. This is going to be a staple foundation for me. I now only use my Clarins for evenings or nights out. I'm really impressed!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by jcq

I really like this. I have oily sensitive skin, nc 25-30. Shade 53 is a good match. It looks a tad dark after application but oxidizes to my exact skintone by the end of the day.
The coverage is solid medium. I have troubled skin and it t covers most redness and uneven skintone but not major blemishes. The texture is very runny, I always use f80 whenever applying cos I find applicatioon with finger will be a mess.This can be layered but no so much. Never break out from this which is a major plus because my skin is super sensitive.
The thing that I like most is the finish. It dries to powdery matte without looking fake. The oil control lasts me up to 3 hours without blotting and powder.
I'd say this is very good for oily girls, but you should avoid it if you have trouble with dry patches as it will accentuate every tiny bit of them. The price is okay, a bit high for drugstore products, but for me it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by swarotzki

I have a pretty bad acne scar on my face because I suffer acnes since I was 15 years old (now I am 27 years old female). I have a moderate to heavy oily skin and quite large pores on my cheek. This foundation give me a matte finish look that last around 6 hours ( I didn't use primer with it, and I live in Jakarta - Indonesia >> hot and humid), but after that It will give me just a slight oily look.

Overall, it doesn't break me out (I also start a healty food, avoid dairy products and egg, start hitting the gym). It covers my scar acne pretty good, I would recommend use MAC #190 foundation brush for its application for more flawless coverage.

Some review says that this foundation don't go along with dry skin, I don't know about this since I have an oily skin and it gives me a super matte look (I finish this foundation with KANEBO LUNASOL #1 loose powder - Amazing!)

My only cons about this foundation is that it will easily transfer to fabric (clothes, napkin, etc) but consider its pros for me then I just being more carefull.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by jjbug82

I purchased this foundation after finishing my Healthy Mix. unfortunately it is a disappointment for two reasons: (a) my face gets oily after 4-5 hours, T-zone becomes shiny and so I have to touch up with powder or oil absorbing sheets. (b) a minor drawback, it does not have the fresh fruity/floral note like Healthy Mix.
i will still finish this bottle (less motivated to use on daily basis though) and rather stock up my good old favourite

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by annasrose

really really like it! has a nice application and with a little bit of primer can last all day, just wish it had a heavier coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Annasmiles123

I have skin that goes very red when I get over heated or embarrassed, but this foundation is the best one I've tried at making my skin look perfect. It lasts for ages, made my skin look flawless, covers redness amazingly and a light coat makes my brown freckles almost disappear. So impressed with this foundation. It matches my skin tone so perfectly, even my mum and my best friends couldn't tell I was wearing it (apart from that my skin looked nicer). Would really recommend it, smells good, and didn't make me break out even though I have sensitive skin. My skin is combination, it did not show my dry skin and it wasn't too shiny so I didn't use powder with it. Made me look healthy and flawless... Will definitely buy again!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Milzj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Terrible- the WORST foundation I have ever purchased. It was very runny, but deceiving, as when applied to the skin it gave a very cakey look, terrible at covering acne ( don't be fooled by the 1,2,3 nonsense on the front!) It only lasted for an hour on my skin. The only plus side was that it smelt delicious, however the product felt bad on my skin & irritated it (possibly a result of the fragrance?) It matched my skin tone, yet made me look washed out & yellow; this cost me £10, there are far better foundations out there for under £5! Will never purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Kairarn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff. I have this in shade #52 vanilla. It gives medium coverage and blend like my second skin. I love the smell, it smells like vanilla. The oil control is nice, but things I hate from this foundation, it's oxidize after few hours. It doesn't break me out, that makes me often use this product because most of foundations I've tried made me break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by adussa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not a happy choice for me. I was looking for a long lasting, mattifying foundation, with a good coverage. I was convinced by the great reviews and my love for Bourjois to try this foundation (last summer I used the "healthy mix" one and I loved it, but for winter I was looking for something with a better coverage for my combined skin). My experience with 123:

Colour - small range of colors. I usually go for the light beige and I did the same this time. Looks good after applying but after some minutes my skin starts having a very yellowish tint.

Lasting - it does not lost long on my skin. In the evening there's almost nothing left on my face. It mattifies my skin but not for long. A good powder, however, keeps this under control.

Coverage -good coverage when applied, but as I said already, does not last for long on the skin.

All in all, I'm not happy with my choice..biggest disappointment from Bourjois so far!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Emma31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this foundation so bad, especially as shade 51 is a perfect match for me.
With a little help of a lovely lady in store I got matched up and loved the tester so brought two bottles as on offer.
In the comfort of my own home I discovered I probably shouldn't have got two. This product clings to my dry patches, even areas I wouldn't consider having dry skin. It makes me look flakey up close.
From a far though my skin does look better, but I won't be buying this product again :(