December 22, 2014 | 1063 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - 123 Perfect Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by swarotzki

I have a pretty bad acne scar on my face because I suffer acnes since I was 15 years old (now I am 27 years old female). I have a moderate to heavy oily skin and quite large pores on my cheek. This foundation give me a matte finish look that last around 6 hours ( I didn't use primer with it, and I live in Jakarta - Indonesia >> hot and humid), but after that It will give me just a slight oily look.

Overall, it doesn't break me out (I also start a healty food, avoid dairy products and egg, start hitting the gym). It covers my scar acne pretty good, I would recommend use MAC #190 foundation brush for its application for more flawless coverage.

Some review says that this foundation don't go along with dry skin, I don't know about this since I have an oily skin and it gives me a super matte look (I finish this foundation with KANEBO LUNASOL #1 loose powder - Amazing!)

My only cons about this foundation is that it will easily transfer to fabric (clothes, napkin, etc) but consider its pros for me then I just being more carefull.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by jjbug82

I purchased this foundation after finishing my Healthy Mix. unfortunately it is a disappointment for two reasons: (a) my face gets oily after 4-5 hours, T-zone becomes shiny and so I have to touch up with powder or oil absorbing sheets. (b) a minor drawback, it does not have the fresh fruity/floral note like Healthy Mix.
i will still finish this bottle (less motivated to use on daily basis though) and rather stock up my good old favourite

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by annasrose

really really like it! has a nice application and with a little bit of primer can last all day, just wish it had a heavier coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Annasmiles123

I have skin that goes very red when I get over heated or embarrassed, but this foundation is the best one I've tried at making my skin look perfect. It lasts for ages, made my skin look flawless, covers redness amazingly and a light coat makes my brown freckles almost disappear. So impressed with this foundation. It matches my skin tone so perfectly, even my mum and my best friends couldn't tell I was wearing it (apart from that my skin looked nicer). Would really recommend it, smells good, and didn't make me break out even though I have sensitive skin. My skin is combination, it did not show my dry skin and it wasn't too shiny so I didn't use powder with it. Made me look healthy and flawless... Will definitely buy again!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Milzj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Terrible- the WORST foundation I have ever purchased. It was very runny, but deceiving, as when applied to the skin it gave a very cakey look, terrible at covering acne ( don't be fooled by the 1,2,3 nonsense on the front!) It only lasted for an hour on my skin. The only plus side was that it smelt delicious, however the product felt bad on my skin & irritated it (possibly a result of the fragrance?) It matched my skin tone, yet made me look washed out & yellow; this cost me £10, there are far better foundations out there for under £5! Will never purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Kairarn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff. I have this in shade #52 vanilla. It gives medium coverage and blend like my second skin. I love the smell, it smells like vanilla. The oil control is nice, but things I hate from this foundation, it's oxidize after few hours. It doesn't break me out, that makes me often use this product because most of foundations I've tried made me break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by adussa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not a happy choice for me. I was looking for a long lasting, mattifying foundation, with a good coverage. I was convinced by the great reviews and my love for Bourjois to try this foundation (last summer I used the "healthy mix" one and I loved it, but for winter I was looking for something with a better coverage for my combined skin). My experience with 123:

Colour - small range of colors. I usually go for the light beige and I did the same this time. Looks good after applying but after some minutes my skin starts having a very yellowish tint.

Lasting - it does not lost long on my skin. In the evening there's almost nothing left on my face. It mattifies my skin but not for long. A good powder, however, keeps this under control.

Coverage -good coverage when applied, but as I said already, does not last for long on the skin.

All in all, I'm not happy with my choice..biggest disappointment from Bourjois so far!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Emma31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this foundation so bad, especially as shade 51 is a perfect match for me.
With a little help of a lovely lady in store I got matched up and loved the tester so brought two bottles as on offer.
In the comfort of my own home I discovered I probably shouldn't have got two. This product clings to my dry patches, even areas I wouldn't consider having dry skin. It makes me look flakey up close.
From a far though my skin does look better, but I won't be buying this product again :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

EDIT:
I still don't get how I am the minority who likes this foundation. It's marvelous! I've been wearing it from 1.30 pm up till 00.00 am and it still looked perfect! In the meantime I have blotted only once, but should have blotted it twice (1st time around 5 pm; the 2nd time should have been at 9 pm). It's so easy to spread, covers all my flaws (redness, large pores) - makes my skin look so nicer and prettier! The coverage is the perfect for day-to-night, it is super pigmented and sets to an un-sticky base: there's no need to use a setting powder. It didn't cause any breakout, didn't clog my pores (which ARE prone: BB Skin clogs them after >4hr of continuous wear), doesn't dehydrate my skin and doesn't settle into fine lines (eye area). I so highly recommend it to those with oily and combination flaky or not pimple free skin! Try it - it's worth it!
And it's the best match I have ever had in a foundation. Perfect balance: it's a neutral which leans on the yellowish side (shade 51) and has no orange tint in it - which is seldom found in yellow foundations (think of MAC or BB).
---------------------
OLD:
I know it's too early to write review, because I've been wearing it for the past 4 hours, but I'm impressed with it and want to share my experience with you. FYI I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin with acne scarring and dry bits on on my right cheek). I'm pretty pale, with slightly yellow undertone. Neutral, but leaning yellow. From 1 to 5, 1 being the lightest, I would be 1.5.

For one year I have been trying, testing and buying high end foundations. I'm not a snob and I don't waste money on high end stuff, but I just couldn't find the right foundation in the drugstore range. Either they've been too beige, too orange or too dark, the staying power was too short: they would break into patches or fade too soon.... So I decided to go HE.

I've tried and had no luck with: illamasqua skin base (hard to blend, 06 wasn't the best match in undertone, stayed put only for 2-3 hours and then slid off and broke into patches), mac matchaster (1.5 it's way too orange, great oil control & staying power, everything's perfect but the color; in other mac foundations I couldn't find my match), MUFE HD (120, though there's NO oil control, it stays put for a long time before it starts to fade. i like this one. it's my transition shade for summer/winter), nars sheer glow (it didn't say long on me), mufe velvet (too drying and hard to blend), chanel vitalumiere aqua and perfection lumiere (b10, horrible staying power, became patchy in just 3 hrs and then i had to take them off, just like with the skin base), guerlain parure extreme (02 beige clair, wrong color match), and lastly, bobbi brown skin (02 sand, slightly too orange-y, sheerer coverage, average, brilliant staying power with a primer and sexy mama, emphasizes dryness on my right cheek).

i bought 123 pf in 51 on a whim - I really don't know why I bought it. I bought it in the lightest color they sell in Croatia. every other Bourjois foundation starts with the shade 52 and this one was the only foundation in 51. When I came home I searched reviews, and learned it oxidizes orange pretty bad. I was afraid of using it so it took me 5 days to try it out. Today I got mad with Bobbi's foundation because it made my right cheek look worse (it looked cake-y and dry) that I removed my whole make up. I opened 123 PF furiously, and thought: make it or break it. I used my RT expert brush and started applying the foundation. I was surprised by how good the color looked, how effortlessly was it to apply and buff, how nicely it covered my blemishes and how natural it looked in the end. I've set it with Sexy Mama and called it a day.
It dried rather matte and provides an even, medium coverage. Perfect for everyday use. The color is neutral, definitely warm, slightly yellow. Very good color match for me, anyway. I'm a self proclaimed MUFE 117, MAC C1 & NC15 ; a proven BB 02. Those with normal skin can skip the powdering part.

After 4 hours: still looks as nice as upon application. It may have oxidized but not enough to be noticeable, anyway. And it didn't oxidized orange! On my hand, it really does oxidize orange. How it can't be noticed on my face, I don't know. This is one of the best foundations I've used; this and the MUFE HD one. I would give my vote to MAC's Matchmaster, too, but it's way too orange and really unnatural.

After 7 hours: faded a bit but nothing a fast touch up with a pressed powder can't repair. It could have gone for two more hours, I'm sure, and it would still look nice and appropriate.

To conclude: you really don't need to go high end. The quality doesn't justify the price. In my case, anyway. If it stays put for 5 more hours, and starts to fade after 6,7 hours of wear time and doesn't become patchy on the way. this is going to be my HG winter (7-15 celsius) foundation (if I'm lucky, my all year around HG!).

I've tried Bourjois Flower Perfection 52 - too beige, darker and too matte, that it looks flat; and Healthy Mix Serum 53 - summer color, but it's too sheer and dewy, and doesn't last enough on me, couple of hours or so. As I wasn't happy with those two I went HE.

EDIT:
after 2 weeks of using it I'm still loving the foundation. It gives a medium but natural coverage, conceals everything and stays put for as long as I need it. It didn't cause clogged pores or any breakout. And it matches me pretty decent, maybe the best color match I have ever had. I use only 1-1,5 pumps per application.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by TinkyBlink

It personally didn't work for me HOWEVER it did work amazingly well for my sister who I passed it on to.
It set a little too quickly for me and just didn't suit my skin - it worked great for my sister who polished off the bottle very fast and repurchased.
If you have problem skin it's worth a try!