Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.6

on 3/1/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I don't recommend this eyeliner if you have watery eyes or oily eye lids. I find it smears very easily and transfers onto your upper lid. I did like that it's a very skinny felt tip with opaque color. I wish there was a waterproof version.

on 2/23/2015 11:22:00 AM

Okay update: I thought I loved this. The first few days I really did. But the first few days I put this on naked lids, the past couple days I've been wearing eyeshadow and this product does not work well with eyeshadow. The felt tip drags, and almost dries a little when the shadow touches it. Because I have to apply more pressure when using this product with eyeshadow, the tip bends, so then my precise thin line spreads and makes for a longer application process with me having to fix all the mistakes. All in all, I'm sticking with my line stilleto, it's way better even if I have to wear my liner thicker, which I do anyways.

Overall these is a "meh" liner, Wouldnt repurchase. After tubes and tubes of my HG NYC liquid liner, I wanted to try something marker like, as I have trouble doing a cat eye with a brush as on the NYC one. This liner makes a cat eye seem so easy, the applicator is perfection. The tip is so fine. HOWEVER, there is a con. The actual product itself is not carbon black. and if you touch your eye by mistake or so, it just smudges. For example, I use my lash curler after my liner, and just mere contact of the curler with this liner on my eyelid will make it look grey-ish (smuged). Amazing applicator but below par product. I definitely put black eyeshadow over this because of that, and once setm it doesnt bother me atall. If you have oily lids or watery eyes; this product is not recommended, it comes right off in a not so pretty way. However, Ill use this product up and try out different cat eyes while Im at it ;)

on 2/17/2015 2:56:00 PM

I don't know why I bought this eyeliner twice. It's good at the beginning, but after 3-4 weeks after using it almost every second day, it completly dried out. But it's really good at first...

This is the only liquid liner I've ever been able to wear. I've just gotten into makeup and for a total beginner I found the felt tip very easy to work with! This is the only liner for me. I've tried everything.

on 2/7/2015 1:36:00 AM

I DO NOT recommend this liner! I typically love felt tip liners, but this one is just terrible. The felt gets very flimsy very quickly which makes application awkward and difficult. I found that from the beginning, there was little to no product at the tip and it was all focused at the base. That being said, I can still ultimately get a decent line in the end (just takes a bit more time than usual). Once it's on however, it does NOT stay on and after about 30-60 mins of wear, it fades to a dull grey. It also smudges and slides around like no other! I wouldn't say that my eye lids are particularly oily, but the way the product moves around would make you believe otherwise. Every time I wear this liner, I end up with it all over my eye lids and lower brow bone and no matter what I do to try and prevent it from happening it still smudges.

Basically, don't waste your money! It may be relatively inexpensive, but there are far better drugstore alternatives out there!!

on 2/7/2015 12:28:00 AM

This has been a dream come true for me! I can wear this all day and it doesn't look cracked, smudgy or grossly faded. The long tip and tapered end makes it great for drawing on super sharp points and thin lines. I wouldn't go for this if you're a complete eyeliner beginner though - it's can be quite difficult to correct mistakes once it's on.
Comes off easily with cleanser & a cotton pad or cleansing wipes.

on 2/6/2015 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Looks great for about an hour or two but then fades into a grey. I also don't like the felt tip much. It's a bit long and after a couple of uses the tip becomes very bendy and hard to control.

Right now I wear this on days where I only have one class and I'm not going anywhere just to try and use it up. I wouldn't re-purchase after I finish.

on 1/28/2015 10:22:00 PM

As much as I wanted to like this eyeliner, it was very clumsy to wield and had subpar staying power.
I'm constantly on the hunt for the best liquid eyeliners, so I was hoping for the best with Master Precise. I bought the one in black for everyday wear. Upon first impression, I was surprised by the size of the felt tip. It was probably twice as long and, even though it's tapered, the widest part is about twice as wide as those I've previously used. The tip, I've noticed, is also not completely tapered; the tip ends off in a small, blunt cut. It usually doesn't bother me, but sometimes I need to make a sharper point that is difficult to achieve with this eyeliner. Plus, the felt tip is quite flimsy; it bends easily, which can sometimes mess up my application.
I like the pigmentation of Master Precise. It's very black, and it applies opaquely in one coat. I haven't had issues with it fading or being too watery.
Unfortunately, the staying power is a letdown. This eyeliner isn't claiming to be fully longwearing or waterproof, but this eyeliner was so easy to smudge! I have naturally watery outer eye corners due to allergies, and this eyeliner had no chance against moisture. It budged and smudged with incredible ease. That's a bit of a dealbreaker for me; staying power is very important for the 20 or so hours a day that I wear makeup, and this one didn't deliver.
Master Precise is relatively inexpensive, but it's on the higher priced end of drugstore eyeliners. They go around $10 a pop. I think it's a decent product if you don't wear makeup for too long, or if you don't mind limited staying power. Also, it helps to have patience when wielding this liner. Imo, there are some better liquid liners out there.

on 1/22/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you wear eyeshadow DO NOT but this product. The moment it glides across the shadow it dries up. After about 20 mins on this on my eyes it turns grey. Worst $12.49 ever spent.