Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.5

on 6/15/2015 3:35:00 AM

Pros:
The long & thin applicator thing
Cons:
The formula (smudges easily & lacks pigmentation).

All I can say about this is:
Why bother with this eyeliner when there are other (much better) options available to us.

on 6/15/2015 2:39:00 AM

I know this is a cheap product, so you get what you pay for - but I thought this was crap.
** Terrible pigmentation
** dried out very quickly
** smudged/ran every time
** difficult to apply due to the product being very dry
It's not the worst I've ever tried but i won't ever repurchase.

on 6/11/2015 10:36:00 PM

I was wanting to branch out and try a different liner and because I am normally a big fan of Maybelline, I thought I would give this one a try. Needless to say, I am not a fan of this eyeliner in the slightest. It is without a doubt the worst liner I have ever used. It was constantly smudging. Right after I would apply it, a line would form above my eyelid even after applying a translucent powder base. While it did come out pretty pigmented at first, after a week or so it became much more dull and I would have to go over it a couple times. I could not take the smudging anymore and switched back to my L'oreal Linear Intense eyeliner and I have no idea why I wanted to try something different. Very disappointed in Maybelline's product.

on 6/9/2015 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

my h.g. eyeliner. i've been using this for two years now and i don't have any intentions of stopping. it allows me to make the perfect wing, thin or thick. i can't really think of anything better than this, and it lasts all day on my extremely oily eyelids which is a plus. i want to say i've been through atleast 5 of these.

on 6/3/2015 8:41:00 AM

I did like this product but I found it ran out really quickly and would stop working when used over foundation so I couldn't justify keeping on buying it considering how quickly I went through the first one. It does a really precise line though and after reading other people's reviews I think I'll even try it again

on 6/3/2015 7:53:00 AM

this eyeliner is a staple for me!

i've been using the master precise liner for about two years and it has honestly been my best friend. the tip is so fine that you can get a flawless winged eye in like two seconds, however if you've got a bit of a shaky hand you might have to apply with care. i personally find that it lasts pretty much all day on me without a primer, which is fab. it looks amazing when you use it to draw a super thin line at the base of the top lashes.

my one complaint is that this tip of the liner seems to dry up a little too quickly. i haven't had much experience with other felt tip liners so i'm not sure how long they should generally last, but within about three weeks' time the tip draws fainter line. with frequent use, the liner itself lasts about 4 months until it becomes unusable, but it isn't as good without the really defined effect of the tip if that makes sense.

however, you can get this for under $AUD13 at some pharmacies so it's a complete steal considering the quality!

pros:
- lasts all day
- superfine tip makes for a perfect application
- great value for money

cons:
- if you have a shaky hand, this might be tricky for you to apply
- the tip dries up within a few weeks of frequent use, making application less defined

on 5/20/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i love this. i go through them really quickly though. but theyre good for the price. they are easy to use and long lasting (not waterproof though). but for this price point i think they can't be beaten

on 5/15/2015 6:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've tried more expensive high end products but is by far the best. The long and thin tip is amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

HG eyeliner and the first product from maybelline that I'm actually happy with (in my 20 years of make-up) I had given up on liquid/felt tips as they usually dry too fast. I used high end and drugstore eyeliners, actually bought some over and over, they always dried up too fast and mostly smudged on my upper lid/sides. Same with gel-liners, too much smudging going on (watery eyes and sort of a hooded lid)

This doesn't do any of that. It's very wet and super easy to apply, stays in place all day and is 1/3 the price of eyeko's eyedo. Makes me a little angry thinking I bought so many tubes of that stuff. But I'm happy I found this little gem.

Btw the brown shade is to die for, I knew brown eyeliner is more flattering on pale complexions but it is hard to find a great eyeliner that also comes in a nice brown, this one again didn't disapoint. A very deep blackened cool brown, if you are a fair gal give that a try.

on 4/24/2015 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

The application of this eyeliner is pretty solid. The tip is thin enough to get really precise lines, which I like.

Having classes at 8:30am usually means I either sleep through them or I yawn like crazy. I get pretty teary sometimes because of this, and this eyeliner just doesn't do well under those conditions. It smudges VERY easily, and tends to give me raccoon eyes whenever my lids get a little oily or I try to wipe away the tears. Overall, not that great of a product and I don't think I'll be buying this one again.