April 17, 2014 | 917 users online

BB Cream - Christian Dior - Diorsnow UV Shield BB Creme SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by xshado

I love this bb cream!!!
I've been using it for about 2 months and i still love it!
Due to over exfoliation because of the clarisonic, i broke out REALLY BAD, like never before.
I had a lot of break outs and some acne scars and dark spots.
I didn't want to use foundation for coverage, so i decided to try the bb cream.
After trying smashbox and estee lauder, i was about to give up on bb cream til' i tried this one!
It has much more coverage than i expected, but it still looks VERY NATURAL.
When the sales lady tried it on me, she put one full pump and my skin looked grey for at least 30 mins.
I figured she used way too much, and i was right.
You don't need a lot of this bb cream to get coverage.
I use less than half a pump to cover my whole face.
The finish looks great, my face looks clear and it has helped brighten up my skin.
You should mosturize before putting this bb cream on because it dries up very quick and it feels matte.
It also has 50 spf which is great because i don't need to put on sunscreen.
It is a bit pricey, and it sucks because the price is going to go up soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by KateLausanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a good product for hot/humid weather (perfectly stays on). But for me it didn't work during the winter time. My skin was geting dry and peeling out after 3 days of cold (+14C).
Also the shade is too fair...
I would give it another try if Dior makes it darker.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love what this did for my skin. If nothing else, it sold me on Dior skin care. I noticed an improvement in my bare skin during the month or so that I used this product.

But I don't like the way it looks on my skin. It looks very thick and heavy, and it highlights the folds around my nose and mouth, making me look wrinkled even where I'm not! Also, I have to use a lot of bronzing powder to warm up the color to match my NC30-ish skin.

The coverage is very opaque. I think I would like it better if I were going for a full-coverage look. But these days, I prefer a more natural, almost sheer coverage.

I could probably apply a lighter layer, or thin it out with moisturizer, but I think that would dilute the sunscreen, and I wouldn't want to risk that.

UPDATE 2/9/2013
I keep trying to make this work, if only to use it up. But today I was reminded of another reason why I don't like this product. It transfers very easily, even if you set it with powder. Whenever i wear it, I have to be very careful not to touch my face, or else I'll end up staining papers, clothing, etc. It's just not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by meluvcosmetics

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this.
Some said it's too dark. Yes, it looks a tad dark when I put it on. But it lightens up after a while. I was admiring my face colour whenever I get into the office when I am wearing this.
I put this on top of my moisturiser (without sunblock) as this is already at SPF50. Being a little disciplined in using sunblock, I thus use a little more just to be sure that my face is protected. This didn't make my face looked cakey (as in like having too thick foundation).
It keeps my face looking fresh and controls sebum well (although I am more on the dehydrated side, I still tend to have oil on my T-zone).
This product turned out better than I had expected.
Oh, I tend to use this on days when I am in a rush - cos I can then skip sunblock and primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Lilith12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with another reviewer below: the color is too dark. I bought this bb creme as opposed to the hydralife because it is lighter and I am dedicated to Dior. I am NW 20-25.

The coverage is nice to cover scars, but it is a bit sticky and oxidizes badly on me. I also notice that at the end of the day, it is patchy.

I would say that if your skin is not really oily and the shade matches, this will be an awesome product for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by archtenshi66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the Review below me.
My (I think NC 15-20) skin tone was lighter than this bb crew,,,more yellow based than the gray-pinkish tone I'm used to in other bb creams ( all Missha, Gowoonsesang bb cream)
Coverage: 7/10 feels light on the skin
oil control: 6/10 Pretting Hydrating but since I like I liked more matt look I have to set it with powder.
Lasting: 7/10

a premian brand I was expecting more...I think I'll stick with asian bb creams

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this better than Hydralife, which is a Sephora exclusive, but it isn't that amazing. The color is lighter than Hydralife, but this is still too dark for my NC20ish skin. What it does is actually make my skin look rather dull and highlight imperfections because the color is off and a bit too dark. The consistency is runny and it blends well, leaving a semi-matte finish. For coverage, you can go sheer or light, but it's hard to go medium without looking cakey. Don't expect this to last long. It doesn't do well at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by roomie97

I absolutely love this bb creme! i have already used up 3 bottles of this product! all my family loves this product including me, and we think this has a very nice scent and overall very high coverage! i hope this bb creme will never discontinue! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by glitzcow

Loveeee this bb cream. I haven't tried many (grey tone etc) but this gives me pretty good coverage and it looks super natural. It covers redness and uneven skin tone. When applied, it makes my face look polished and almost flawless. Have been using this for almost a year and I liked it so much I bought 5 of them in case they stop supplying hahaha (I use it daily and I'm left with 3).

ONLY DOWNSIDE to this IMO is how it transfers so easily (not sure if it's just me). I have to avoid touching my face throughout the day 'cos it transfers onto my fingers, and then to wherever I'll be touching next. My laptop will be filled with stains of bb cream that came off my fingers, my bag, my phone... I have to be sooooo careful.

Another thing, it gets really oily at the end of the day though. I'm ok with this 'cos even though it's oily, the coverage is still there.

Love this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this BB Creme, but I don't think I love it. I'm a touch darker than an NC30 in MAC, but not close to NC35 and this product, applied sheerly, looks like a decent match for my skin.

This is very thick and offers rather heavy coverage and personally, I cannot apply this with a brush as it ends up looking too heavy and mask-like. I apply this with my fingers, or my preferred method, a damp cosmetic sponge, this allows me to sheer out the coverage and makes the product less dry looking. I find that this BB creme creates a dewy finish when applied with a sponge, and a matte appearance applied using other methods. Dry skins beware, this emphasizes dry spots.

Even though this creme feels tacky to the touch, it does not transfer (at least, not on me) and you should use a cleansing oil to remove it.

Overall, I think it's worth giving this creme a chance if you are between NC25-NC30 and are looking for a thick, heavy coverage BB creme with good sun protection.