Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair Shampoo

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycol Distearate, Dimethiconol, Glycerin, Carbomer, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, TEA Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, PPG 9, Tetrasodium EDTA, TEA Sulfate, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, PEG 45M, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985)

on 2/3/2014 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this. I go back and forth between this and another shampoo. But this shampoo makes my hair smell like heaven! I have fine, not necessarily super thin hair, but I still need a shampoo to keep it strong and shiny, and this does it's job! Plus the price is amazing :)

Ok so I have been using this shampoo and conditioner for about 2 or 3 weeks now and I really really like it! The smell is amazing and it really makes my hair soft with a natural shine! I straighten my hair pretty often so I need something to keep my hair healthy! And this does the trick! (The only thing I noticed it that it kinda dried out my scalp.) but overall I would repurchase!!

on 1/11/2014 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this shampoo and matching conditioner having already fallen head over heels in love with the mask in the same range. I bought the 350ml big bottles from ASDA for 2 for £4. What drew me in was the promise of 5x improvement in cellular strength of hair (I'm a sucker for science).

I could really use that protection! I don't colour my hair, but do blowdry, straighten and curl pretty often, and wash daily. Plus I'm terrible at making time to go get it trimmed (*slaps own hand*), so I am prone to splits!

So I gave these bad boys a whirl!

Scent; great. Not "oh my god smell me" great (I like sweet or herbal smelling products, this is "faux-floral"), but pleasant all the same. The shampoo is a very creamy texture, and slightly pearlescent, while the conditioner is thick, white, and ... conditionery :/

The shampoo cleansed without over-cleansing and knotting my hair up, and the conditioner rinses out to give a lovely silky finish.

Once dried and/or straightened, I find my hair is mega shiny, very soft, not quite so "fluffy" and just generally wonderful... I could be looking through rose tinted glasses, but I do think the tensile strength of my hair has improved with use too...

Having tried many, many high end and high street products, the dove results are only seconded by how my over-priced but brilliant, well known chain of hairdressers make my hair. Would whole heartedly recommend this shampoo/conditioner combo!

on 12/31/2013 1:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My husband purchased an industrial sized bottle of this from Sam's Club. He gets a horribly dry scalp during the winter and thought this would help. I ran out of my regular Kenra shampoo and figured I'd try it as long as I still had plenty of my good conditioner. Well for the first few days my hair looked great. I loved the smell and the lather and couldn't find anything to complain about. After about the fourth day, I noticed my scalp and around my hairline was completely broken out in some of the most severe acne I've ever had. I've never been acne prone so it was a shock and if you can imagine having severely painful acne all in your scalp, I thought I was going to lose my mind it hurt so badly. I stopped using it and it took almost three weeks to clear up. I don't think the shampoo itself is a bad thing, it actually worked great for my hair but obviously it has something in it that my body doesn't like. Hubby can have his shampoo back.

on 11/14/2013 4:04:00 AM

I really like this shampoo and the matching conditioner, it keeps my hair in good shape and these are now my go-to products. I will definitely repurchase and can see myself using these products for a long time.

on 11/8/2013 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am a beautician and we all know we damage our hair the most. I have tried the top most expensive shampoo products out there but hair hair never seems to feel/look healthy and the frizz... man the frizz was terrible.
One of my clients came in with this beautiful shinny soft hair. I'm thinking she used redken all soft. Nope it was DOVE! so I finally said what the heck its $5 what's it gunna hurt??? OMG my hair after one use felt like it did when I was a kid and never used chemicals or heat. It has its natural shine back and feels full again. My hair has not felt/looked this good in 6yrs. I am so glad I took achance with dove DAMAGE SOLUTION intensive repair. It smell amazing as well BONUS!! ;)

on 10/14/2013 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I love Dove products smell, and after a bad shampoo experience thought to give it a chance along with the conditioner.
It isn't a bad product but surely does not work to rescue damaged hair as advertized, to the drawer until I find another good moment for it.

on 10/14/2013 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought this would be a good shampoo (& conditioner) but it made my scalp flaky eww! I have to wash my hair the next day because it is already oily. It doesn't have a bad smell but the smell is kind of weird it isn't offensive but it makes my hair smell really clinical afterwards. Would not repurchase.

on 10/7/2013 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I love Dove conditioners for when I need silicones to smooth down my hair. But the Dove shampoos are incredibly harsh on my scalp. I would be cautious if you have are sensitive as the sulfates in this can really chew your scalp up.

on 10/1/2013 10:25:00 PM

This is my go-to shampoo! I do not have damaged hair but using this product in conjunction with the conditioner makes it so soft. It is extremely moisturizing... Sometimes I've noticed that it is too moisturizing and the roots of my hair are greasy at the end of the day which doesn't happen to me often. Overall, I love it and it smells good too! Not fruity, just clean. I get compliments all the time!