November 23, 2014 | 976 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Damage Therapy Intensive Repair Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sezasunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this shampoo and matching conditioner having already fallen head over heels in love with the mask in the same range. I bought the 350ml big bottles from ASDA for 2 for £4. What drew me in was the promise of 5x improvement in cellular strength of hair (I'm a sucker for science).

I could really use that protection! I don't colour my hair, but do blowdry, straighten and curl pretty often, and wash daily. Plus I'm terrible at making time to go get it trimmed (*slaps own hand*), so I am prone to splits!

So I gave these bad boys a whirl!

Scent; great. Not "oh my god smell me" great (I like sweet or herbal smelling products, this is "faux-floral"), but pleasant all the same. The shampoo is a very creamy texture, and slightly pearlescent, while the conditioner is thick, white, and ... conditionery :/

The shampoo cleansed without over-cleansing and knotting my hair up, and the conditioner rinses out to give a lovely silky finish.

Once dried and/or straightened, I find my hair is mega shiny, very soft, not quite so "fluffy" and just generally wonderful... I could be looking through rose tinted glasses, but I do think the tensile strength of my hair has improved with use too...

Having tried many, many high end and high street products, the dove results are only seconded by how my over-priced but brilliant, well known chain of hairdressers make my hair. Would whole heartedly recommend this shampoo/conditioner combo!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by turtlebug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My husband purchased an industrial sized bottle of this from Sam's Club. He gets a horribly dry scalp during the winter and thought this would help. I ran out of my regular Kenra shampoo and figured I'd try it as long as I still had plenty of my good conditioner. Well for the first few days my hair looked great. I loved the smell and the lather and couldn't find anything to complain about. After about the fourth day, I noticed my scalp and around my hairline was completely broken out in some of the most severe acne I've ever had. I've never been acne prone so it was a shock and if you can imagine having severely painful acne all in your scalp, I thought I was going to lose my mind it hurt so badly. I stopped using it and it took almost three weeks to clear up. I don't think the shampoo itself is a bad thing, it actually worked great for my hair but obviously it has something in it that my body doesn't like. Hubby can have his shampoo back.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by pomsi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this shampoo and the matching conditioner, it keeps my hair in good shape and these are now my go-to products. I will definitely repurchase and can see myself using these products for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by silentbeauty

I am a beautician and we all know we damage our hair the most. I have tried the top most expensive shampoo products out there but hair hair never seems to feel/look healthy and the frizz... man the frizz was terrible.
One of my clients came in with this beautiful shinny soft hair. I'm thinking she used redken all soft. Nope it was DOVE! so I finally said what the heck its $5 what's it gunna hurt??? OMG my hair after one use felt like it did when I was a kid and never used chemicals or heat. It has its natural shine back and feels full again. My hair has not felt/looked this good in 6yrs. I am so glad I took achance with dove DAMAGE SOLUTION intensive repair. It smell amazing as well BONUS!! ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Kanaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love Dove products smell, and after a bad shampoo experience thought to give it a chance along with the conditioner.
It isn't a bad product but surely does not work to rescue damaged hair as advertized, to the drawer until I find another good moment for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by SophieLoves

I thought this would be a good shampoo (& conditioner) but it made my scalp flaky eww! I have to wash my hair the next day because it is already oily. It doesn't have a bad smell but the smell is kind of weird it isn't offensive but it makes my hair smell really clinical afterwards. Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by rcblinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love Dove conditioners for when I need silicones to smooth down my hair. But the Dove shampoos are incredibly harsh on my scalp. I would be cautious if you have are sensitive as the sulfates in this can really chew your scalp up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by rachelrue

This is my go-to shampoo! I do not have damaged hair but using this product in conjunction with the conditioner makes it so soft. It is extremely moisturizing... Sometimes I've noticed that it is too moisturizing and the roots of my hair are greasy at the end of the day which doesn't happen to me often. Overall, I love it and it smells good too! Not fruity, just clean. I get compliments all the time!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by misscocochaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair shampoo is simply the best! I fell in love with this shampoo about 3 years ago and I've been using it on and off for the past 2 and I cannot say why the hell I did that! I kept switching to other shampoos and conditioners only to come back to this one every time, simply because it makes my hair feel so soft and smooth and makes my hair feel and look healthy, not to mention it cleanses my hair it smells good. I'm in love with this stuff. I try to wash my oily hair every 2 days because I've heard it was healthier for my hair but I've used this shampoo everyday for a week before because of my job and it was fine. I typically do 2 washes when I'm shampooing but by the 2nd wash you only need very little because it lathers very well. I then follow up with their damage therapy intensive repair conditioner and leave it in for about 10 mins while I'll wash my body, then rinse with cold water. My hair is then incredibly soft and smooth when air dried. The like the smell of the shampoo because it's smells fresh to me. I prefer the shampoo to come in a pump but you really have to look for them in all stores, but other than that it's not a big deal. Also once a week I'll mix a little bit of baking soda with my Dove shampoo to get rid of any built up and it's amazing! and I also use their Dove damage solutions intensive repair daily super conditioner once and week and it's awesome!(I'll have a review for that too) This is my HG Shampoo + conditioner. I don't remember exactly how much I paid for the shampoo but I know it was inexpensive! I recently just bought some of their hair styling products because I loved the shampoo and conditioner so much that I wanted to try other products of their line. I highly recommend the shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This shampoo is horrible, leaves my hair with a waxy coating/feeling and dries it out to a crisp, it gave me a super itchy scalp that I was trying to soothe for two days with tea tree oil, never again.
12/31/2013
I don't know what happened, maybe my hair is less damaged since I dyed it super dark brown because this shampoo does wonders for my hair, mega shiny and super moisturized.