April 19, 2014 | 1936 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Waterproof Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by korean

this is the first drugstore mascara that I really like. it comes in a blue tube and is cheap looking, but works well. my lashes looked fuller and stayed up, the waterproof helped keep the curl. the brush may get clumpy but nothing a swipe of kleenex couldn't handle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by DoreaJ88

Love love love this mascara. I've tried Too Faced, Dior, Benefit, Stila, and some other higher-end brands, but always come back to this one. I have deep set eyes and almost all mascaras end up giving me raccoon eyes by the end of the day. This doesn't. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Anichka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very straight lashes that are hard to stay curled. This is the only mascara that keeps my lashes curled and also gives me length and volume. I Love It!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by r8chill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

IF you're looking for a waterproof mascara this is the best one you'll find. I bought this for a week at a cottage where I would be swimming basically all the time.I didn't want to have to remove my makeup every time I wanted to jump in the lake. I love this because after a swim the mascara was still on my lashes and I could rub my wet eyes and wipe my face and the mascara held on. Its very durable and extremely waterproof. Now I still use this mascara even after that trip because of its long-lasting durability. This provides length, some volume, its pretty buildable, can be a little clumpy though. The wand is soft fibres in a spiral design. Its not too big and not too small and it will coat all of my lashes - even corner lashes and bottom lashes. It does pick up quite a bit of product though and it dries rather quickly. Definitely a drier formula. It doesn't smudge or flake. The packaging is a lovely blue colour but the lettering is really wearing off now and isn't quite as pretty as the day I bought it - but that's always the case. So overall its a fabulous waterporof, durable, smudgeproof mascara but if you don't care for that and need something for length and volume you could probably find a better mascara for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by kirium911

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. I have tried many different brands of mascara, from expensive department store brands and cheaper drug store brands, but i find myself coming back to this one. i have shorter lashes and are stick straight and most other mascaras I've tried don't keep my lashes curled, expect for this one. I know that waterproof mascaras have an ingredient that helps with holding the curl, but I've tried other waterproof brands and they still don't hold the curl like this one does. so, if you're looking for a mascara that will hold a good curl, then give this one a try. It's fairly inexpensive and a great product to hold a lashes curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by KattyBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love the original, non-waterproof Professional Mascara. But it was a sticky, humid summer, and I was getting some smudging under my eyes with it. So I switched to this. It's been pretty great. Slightly stickier than the original, but I'd expect that with a waterproof. This stuff has stayed put at steamy yoga classes, very sweaty roller derby practices, and swimming excursions. It is really great for defining eyelashes. It doesn't add tons of volume or length or crazy drama, so if that's what you're looking for, you might be disappointed. It is fantastic for an everyday, natural look.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by annettefelix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading the review I thought I would give it a try since it was so cheap in price & the reviews were ok. I tried it & did not add any volume to my lashes, I needed to go over my lashes with another mascara I had, it was not waterproof. Also the ends of my
lashes turned to the side. Not a good look. So I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this @ drugstore.com for less than $3. So to me, that is really dirt cheap compare to my MUFE and Dior mascaras. Though I actually love this more than those HE brands. First of all, I have those traditional Asian lashes - thin & short, that you can barely see if I don't use mascara at all LOL Of course, I would LOVE to have mascara that could add volume to my lashes and make them look full like a dolly eye. But usually mascara that add volume will just weight down my lashes right away. But with this mascara, it does NOT add volume, however, it does add length and make my lashes look visible. And best of all, it does not weight down my lashes at all. Once, my friend even thought I had some fake lashes on since it just looked so visible and keep my curl up.

As of staying power, I would say not bad. I usually do my makeup at about 6.30am, and i don't see any smudge at all by 4pm when I get off work. Removing it isn't hard neither, you just gotta use oil based eye makeup remover instead of the water based one. Leave the pad with makeup remover on your eye lashes for about 15 sec then wipe and it's gone :]

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by MINIDOXIMOM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My mom (55) and I have been testing waterproof mascaras for over a month now to find one for the graduation of my son from high school and for his graduation party the night prior. We knew it would be 90 plus degrees on both occasions as we live in the south so this is the ONE mascara we were very pleased with...there is one more that I haven't tried yet. However, I cannot believe that we tried high end and yes, my favorite in the non waterproof (Rimmel Sexy Curves) was horrid in the waterproof section. I gooped and got all over our faces. As a MUA, I know waterproof mascara can be difficult as the formula has to be so tacky, but this one is the one Covergirl that sits alone and you never hear about. I grabbed about ten mascaras in Walgreens that night and this one was amazing!!!! I have no idea what these other girls are doing for it to run other than being at a waterpark. These waterparks sometimes put chlorine in their water so that would be in essence a mascara remover, so just a though for anyone going to a waterpark that treats their water. You may just need to be naturally beautiful that day with a lipstain:)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by FloofyCurls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got mine today, and I already love it! Completely waterproof, makes your lashes super duper long, doesn't flake, doesn't smudge, but comes off easy with make-up remover or olive oil. :) I got mine on sale for $4.50 at Kroger, so definitely great price. It's got a nice small brush to get all those lashes in there. Only thing I didn't see was the volume it promised. But it kept the curl nicely. I love it. Def a superb product. ^-^

** A month later I have found that although it does provide spectacular length and very good staying power, it will dry your lashes out to straw unless you use a primer under it. So if you want long and strong gorgeous lashes, use this in addition to a good eye lash primer. Not changing my rating though. ^-^ It's my go-to waterproof mascara.