April 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Exfoliating Facial Wipes

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Ndegrace

I know a lot of people get frustrated with these because they don't remove makeup well but that's because they're for exfoliating! I use these twice a week before bed after I have removed my makeup. They do leave my skin red but in the mornings the redness is gone and my face feels a lot smoother. I don't recommend using these more than 2-3 times a week. Again if you're looking for something to take off makeup then these are not for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by astr323

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

these are just okay in my opinion. I like to use them just to refresh my makeup so I don't have to wash my entire face - I give everything a good wipe down and even though there's still some makeup left on my skin, there's not so much that reapplication makes me look cakey (as I would had I not removed my makeup at all). and I like that they're vegan and cruelty-free.

bottom line: these are good but don't expect them to replace any other skincare products you have; they're more of a supplement than anything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by dancesontrains

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I found these to be too drying for my skin to use comfortably.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by MarcelineVampireQueen

I use these regularly a couple of times a week in the evening before using my night cream. My skin is very dry, but I'm prone to breakouts around my chin and nose. Using this product a couple of times a week removes any flaky, chapped skin, and has stopped me from having breakouts. I use my night cream straight afterwards, I think if used alone this product would be very drying and probably more beneficial for oily skin tones. Yes, one side of the wipe is very rough and scratchy, so it's important not to rub your face too vigorously with it, it is fine when used gently and lightly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can understand why some people may not like these but i really do. They are scratchy, but i figure that is what we expect from exfoliating products. They may be too harsh for sensitive skin and i dont use them everyday because you really arent suppose to exfoliate everyday. After i use it, my face is so soft and smooth!
The one thing that doesnt make sense to me is the people complaining about the smell. I dont notice any smell at all actually. And when something has ingredients that generally have scents how do they get em all out anyway? I suppose thats a question for a professional though. Anyway, if your face isnt too sensitive and you can find em on sale, id say give em a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Just no on these wipes very scratchy when I used these I was left with scaley patches on my cheeks and I can not use them on my eyes at all they burn I am not sure if it is just the weird texture of the wipe or not but I am going to stick with the normal ones form removing my makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by lollylilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I generally only use facial cleansing clothes when I'm too tired to follow my normal routine before bed, but I might as well not even bother with these. They don't get even a fraction of the makeup off my face and I always end up breaking out because of all the makeup and dirt they leave in my pores. They also have an unpleasant texture that makes them too rough to use for removing eye makeup and just uncomfortable on your skin in general. That would be understandable if they actually were exfoliating, but they do absolutely nothing to exfoliate my skin. I will certainly not be purchasing these again, and probably won't even use the ones I have left.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by NothingRhymesWithOrange

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I personally loathe these wipes. I bought them because they were on sale with a $1.00 off coupon and I was bored with my usual wipes. They promise exfoliating and they deliver and then some. The more gentle side is what is typical to the exfoliating side of most wipes, while the exfoliating side of this wipe is harsh enough to remove a few layers of skin off my face. The first time I used them, I used the rough side one swipe on one cheek and not only was it painful, it left a red streak like a sunburn visible for a day. My skin isn't sensitive at all and gets pretty greasy at the end of the day, I can't imagine what they would feel like on dry, delicate, and/or sensitive skin they're meant for. I can imagine they'd be great at removing, say, heavy pancake makeup for the theater, or for smoothing rough patches of skin on the knees, elbows, or heels. The only positive things I can say about these wipes are; next to no smell, what little smell there is is quite pleasant; they are very large, the size I wish all wipes were.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by blu3

For people who need the extra scrub down (especially around my nose), this stuff is pretty awesome. I do agree with others that the texture of the wipe is a bit rough, HOWEVER, it has two sides. One side is textured a bit rough, the other is not. For areas like my nose, chin and forehead, i wipe down with the rough side. For my cheeks and around my eyes, i use the smooth side. People that have written it off should give it another try using both sides of the wipe.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased these wipes, thinking they were like the cleansing facial wipes. Boy oh boy, was I terribly wrong! They're NOTHING like the cleansing wipes! The only thing in common: the citrusy smell. These wipes have a semi-flat side... and a side that is like sandpaper. I cannot use these wipes on my face; they were just too rough! I used them to exfoliate my hands and even on my feet sometimes. They were able to exfoliate my feet really well; however, that was not the main purpose of these wipes. As much as I love this brand and their products, I will not be repurchasing the exfoliating facial wipes again.