Okay so I have been using this foundation for a month already, and I really really love it! I had trouble picking a foundation for my skin type, so I asked the person at a make up counter to help me out. I wanted to purchase True Match, but she suggested Lumi Magique. I'm loving it, makes my skin look so healthy and full of life, and it adds just the right amound of glow to your face. It feels really light on the skin and it doesn't look like you're wearing heavy foundation. I need to blot throughout the day in my T-zone and it tends to come off a little bit on my nose area, but I can totally just add more setting powder and I'l be good. The color range isnt too impressive, but in general I dont complain on this product!
This has actually been one of my favorite drug store foundations, which is surprising because I bought this on a whim. The color selection is great; I think almost everyone can find their match. It's supposed to be infuse with vitamins to help supplement the skin but I don't know if they've really done anything for me personally. It goes on super dewy which is bad if you have oily skin like me but you can always set it with a powder and it's fine.
My problem with this product is that there is very little lasting-power. It seems to glide off my face a few hours into my day which is very disappointing. I have been using a primer on my skin but perhaps I'm not using the right kind? It's frustrating to watch it melt off my face in the middle of the day...
I do like this foundation though, it's fragrance free, the packaging is heavenly (there's an air-tight pump), and it matches my skin pretty well. I'm a NC30 and I find N5 is a good match for me.
Definitely not a foundation for oily skins. Freshly applied, this foundation definitely gives a lovely 'lit from within' glow. However, due to my oily skin, this translates to 'dewy' to 'oil slick' within 2-3 hours. It feels quite heavy, and is probably due to the oil build-up after wearing it for awhile. I find that it transfers terribly easily as well. To make it work for myself I would definitely have to try a good primer and setting powder/setting spray. What I like is that it blends beautifully (I use a beauty blender, or something similar, for the best result) and really looks quite natural on the skin. I would say the most it can go is medium coverage. I don't recommend building it any higher because it will definitely look a bit cakey and unnatural. It can cling onto flakes as well. I love the colour range of this foundation, due to the different undertones they acknowledge. As such, I use this at the end of my foundation routine (after applying my actual foundation), just dabbing a very thin layer of this with a beauty blender, to match my actual foundation to my skin colour better (and gives a nice, but limited glow!).
I LOVE this foundation! It feels so smooth and light on the skin, and definitely gives a luminous look to my face.
Coverage surprisingly is very good, a good medium and buildable and it doesn't look cakey even with 2 layers on.
This is definitely not for oily skins as it's too wet and would be greasy, but with my combination skin I can still wear it fine - just need to powder my very oily T-zone. It lasts very well, only wears off a bit on my aforementioned oily area after maybe 5-6 hours.
I took a lippie off for the limited shade selection. I am an nc15 and I wear their c1 rose pearl which is too pink for me - but looks fine once my blush is on. They only have about 6 shades I think, none of which matched me. My skintone is very common in the UK, and many places in Europe, so the fact that I can't find my exact shade is unacceptable.
I'm in love with the formulation though so will keep repurchasing the slightly too pink shade.
I really do love this foundation! I love the coverage and packaging of this foundation. Best of all, it comes with a pump! It stays all day on my dry patchy skin and gives it a flawless look! I am a full coverage foundation girl and this gives me a medium (fuller coverage) to full coverage! The only bad thing I can really say about it is that it makes my t-zone quite oily throughout the day and I don't have oily skin. But that's okay, I still wear it and still loving it!
I'm actually quite surprised by the negative reviews here, most of the complaints about this product, in my opinion, are not substantiated at all!
I'm a touch lighter than NC-15, have very dry skin with acne scars. I really need a foundation to be medium-build-able coverage and also brighten my complexion and not settle into the fine lines I do have (from dryness, not from age, ironically...).
To break it down,
- The 'feel' of the foundation onto the skin, it feels way better than many of the 'stock' foundations like Colorstay, it's lightweight and it doesn't feel like you have a full face of makeup on with this.
- The coverage, I was expecting a light coverage based on what reviewers have said and also by the title of the product, as I find anything that claims to be illuminating is pretty much a euphemism for sheer. However the coverage is definitely medium to full, a very pleasant surprise! Although I do apply with the eco-tools stippling brush, which is really dense and utilizes the full potential of liquid foundations like no-ones business.
- The color selection is really nicely divided into cool tones, neutral tones and warm tones, which is a really nice way of giving the consumer more options and getting as close a match as possible. (I use N1, which is just the tiniest touch too dark, but even still, it's a pretty close match).
- The lasting power is phenomenal, so many MUA's here described it as lackluster, but honestly this was on par with something like Colorstay or Pro Longwear in my opinion. Part of that could be attributed to my primer, but even still, it's a good 7 - 10 hours without touchups.
- The illuminating effect is really nice, I think it actually does have some shimmer in it, but it's so fine that you really can't tell, it's no Photoready, that's for sure.
- The packaging is great, sleek and practical with a pump, something that I'm always wishing for in a foundation!
- The coverage. I did list this in the the Pro's section, but it's not quite a full coverage foundation. I really do need some hefty concealing on my worse blemishes.
- The price is a little steep for a drugstore foundation, I was lucky enough to find it at 40% off, but I'd never pay full price for it.
Overall, I think this is an amazing foundation, but I have to say it would be way better for dry skin than oily, which is too bad but it's just the nature of the product.
This gives fantastic coverage and truly lights up the face - but amazingly no glitter (unlike Revlon Photoready) even went outside in the midday sun with a mirror and there was no sparkle whatsoever. I would highly recommend this for dry skins and even mature skin as it is a lovely creamy consistency which doesn't enhance lines pores or wrinkles. No reactions so far (fingers crossed) I have N1-2 'creamy ivory' which is called 'pure pearl' in my country and it is a fantastic shade for my super fair yellow skin (usually wear Revlon Buff for reference) but this is a tad lighter which Is even better. Looks peachy in the bottle but blends out beautifully on the skin. Could be my new fave!
Lovely dewy satin finish. I got the Cool-4 and wear NW25 in MAC for reference. I'd probably wear the cool-5 in the summer. The finish is medium dewy. The shades ae somewhat forgiving and Loreal gives you swatches to compare. I really like the pump bottle packaging. I pump 3 pumps onto the back of my had and then dot it on all areas of my face including my neck and then blend using a MAC 187 stippling brush. I would definitely buy this product again.
I use this foundation every day and it works very well for me. I do need to put nivea soft on my face a few minutes before applying this foundation, as my skin has dry patches during winter. But after that, applying the foundation is very easy and it just feels very good and light on your skin. For better coverage it's possible to layer this foundation, though if coverage is your priority you should probably skip this foundation. I find it looks great, especially during the day, as it gives my skin a really nice glow and looks very natural (not cakey at all).
I'm surprised to see this getting such poor reviews from those with oily skin. I picked this up as my regular Bobbi Brown was out of stock and I needed a cheap stop-gap until my BB arrived. This was about €11 and after using it for a week I actually think I'm going to finish out the bottle before going back to Bobbi. I use this after cleansing, using a gel moisturizer and a mattifying primer (Smashbox Photo Finish Light) and I set it with powder. I never have time to touch up my make up at work but when I checked my face after about 8 hours wear I was only a little shiny across my nose-for €11 I can live with that!