TRESemme Split Remedy Leave-In Conditioning Spray

3.4

on 2/19/2014 4:12:00 PM

I don't normally write reviews but I just had to for this. I've never hated a product so much. I tried to give this a shot for 2 months but it just was no good. Left my hair looking very dry and coarse. Very disappointed Tresemme. I actually poured it out and binned it! Save yourself the money and try something else.

on 2/18/2014 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used about 6 bottles of this product and will keep repurchasing forever. It is GREAT. When I bought my first bottle, I wasn't sure how it would work, but MAN, I proved myself wrong. In about 2 or 3 days, I started noticing a difference in my hair. It was shinier, healthier, and less split ends. I recommended it to my friend, and she tried it and she loved it as well! Highly recommend this product. you won't be disappointed!

on 1/14/2014 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been around MUA long enough to understand the low reviews for this product, even though I do not personally agree with them. I love this product! There are generally two camps of people when it comes to judging beauty products. Those who use a product and hold it to EVERY word and claim in its packaging and advertising. And those who realize a lot of claims made by all beauty companies are somewhat inflated and must be taken with a grain of salt. I am of the latter group.

I bought this leave-in spray because I needed something to add a little extra moisture to my somewhat dry and sometimes frizzy hair. I love the weight of this product and don't even get me started on the smell. LOVE IT!! I do have long, superficially damaged hair from three times weekly blow drying and flat ironing. Meaning I do have a handful of split ends at any given time. I use this because I want something that helps my hair look good and if it can repair damage, it's a bonus. I do notice this makes my hair more manageable and the bottom half a lot less dry. Which, in my opinion, makes any split ends look SO much better! I use it after washing and towel drying my hair and prior to any heat protectant and styling. I like the spray bottle and you get a good amount of product for the price. Incidentally, the mending serum that came out at the same time from this line is virtually the same exact product. Since I had purchased both, when I used up the serum, I transferred this spray to the serum pump, which I prefer for application. It gives me more control over how much and where I am applying it.

By nature, hair is a dead thing. Once a hair is split, it cannot be put back together, unless by superficial means, which I feel this product accomplishes. If only by adding a little extra weight to the thinner "halves" of a split end by making them come together until the next washing, this is a success. I will continue to purchase this in the future.

on 10/24/2013 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

yet another crazy good product from Treseme. this is a great leave-in and a good detangler. leaves hair soft and does not weigh it down. i like it before i go to the beach or in the sun so it protects my hair from drying effect of the sun and salt water. as good as Redken products to my opinion. and a lot cheaper

This product didn't really do anything about my split ends so I just got a trim instead. It was okay. It made my hair feel soft & manageable. But I found that it didn't really do anything. I personally think that you shouldn't buy this. It was a waste of money to me. I will not rebuy.

on 7/2/2013 4:38:00 PM

I love this stuff so much! Not to mention the more then reasonable price (5-7$ depending on the store) it also gives my hair the hydration it just doesn't seem to have. I have really long hair and the ends are more then split, as far as actually "repairing split ends" I think your going to have to spend a little more than 5 bucks, but as far as putting moisture into your hair and controlling frizz it does good. Another thing i love this for is brining it to the beach! When you get out of the ocean throw some of this into your hair, salt water really dries it out and this helps to throw moisture back in! All and all I would defiantly recommend it!

I JUST LOVVVEEE ģIT

on 3/23/2013 5:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I found this on super clearance at Walgreens AND I used a coupon I found in store when I picked this up. It cost me $1.57 which is obviously DIRT CHEAP. It smells nice, it doesn't contain alcohol, and it helps detangle my rat's nest. Mine doesn't distribute easily but $1.57! I wouldn't repurchase because I like to try new things but it can't hurt to try.

on 2/6/2013 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I never review products after the first use but I am madly in love with this conditioner. I'm afr. amer. and went natural this past year. This is the softest my hair has EVER been (eat your heart out Redken All soft). The product is thick, yes. The bottle sprays unevenly- confirmed. But my dry hair drank it up. It absorbed so well I don't feel a residue. After reading prior reviews, I see that this isn't a product for everyone. Different hair type have varying needs. Rather than determining whether this product is good or bad, try to understand if this product is right for you. note that it is not oil based.not greasy at all. It's more of a lotion and makes my hands soft too!

I don't understand why there are so many bad reviews about this product!

I like this product a lot. It detangles my hair pretty easily, smells good and doesn't leave my hair greasy. (For reference I have very fine, long hair that is wavy and very frizz-prone) I tried this product after realizing that the castor oil used in most leave-in conditioners was giving me horrible breakouts all over my cheeks and neck.

The only downfall about the product is its thickness, causing it to not spray out evenly but in more of a stream. But that's not really a huge deal for me, I just make sure I comb through my hair really well after to distribute it.