July 30, 2014 | 1017 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Invisible Fluid Makeup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've always loved MAC Face and Body Foundation but for some unknown (and stupid) reason I wanted to try something new in a very light coverage foundation. This just settled into my pores and never created a nice light veil over my skin which is in very good shape with minimal wrinkles for my age. It feels and looks "grainy" in comparison to F&B. I've tried to make this work over several months without success. It just doesn't sit well on the skin and does nothing to enhance it. I'm tired of looking at it so it's going in the garbage.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this as well and the Double Wear Light recently. My IF was in 2CN1.

The coverage was more matte than natural on me. I prefer a more natural finish.

I liked how light this felt on my face. I usually use Prescritptives Virtual Skin, and it has the same feel.

However, there was one big issue that was a dealbreaker for me- this foundation oxidized on my face. I have not had this happen with a foundation in years, but it definitely did with this. I tried it 3 times - with primer, without and then with a different primer.

If you buy this I suggest getting a sample to test drive it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by almakarma

Some background on my skin: i dont have wrinkes yet, 20 years old, have a job, im a student and have a very active lifestyle, i have an oily nose and forehead but everything else is normal or dry (my jaw), I get red easily and sometimes my redness has nothing to do with my moods it just happens.

When I went to purchase a new foundation I was mainly looking for 2 things:
1. it could not be heavy. Because I am a student and work at a laboratory, heavy makeup (both the feel and the look) is highly inappropriate imo. Also, my bf hates makeup.
2. I didnt need it to cover acne or trouble spots only my hyper pigmentation.

This foundation covers both of the requirements and more, it stays on from 7am till I take a shower at night around 10 pm. I have an oily forehead and nose and I am not kidding when I say this: when I come back from work it is still on and my forehead/nose wont be shiny. Also, it didn't break me out like other high end makeup does.
Another great thing about this foundation is that not only is it not heavy, it actually looks like "perfect skin". My bf who is very observant didn't notice I was wearing foundation (however it does cover redness!)
I am very pleased with this foundation. I am not makeup savvy, in fact I apply this with my fingers (I disinfect them first with 70% ethanol before touching my face) but I do like looking put together and this foundation is perfect for that too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is quite watery so suits my dry skin. I like that it has no spf as that tends to break me out. It is indeed "invisible" so those looking for more coverage may find this lacking in the coverage department. Lasting power is minimal. Its quite like a tinted moisturiser really. All in all, its a nice daytime foundation, but there's really nothing special about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by libbier

Firstly i would like to say that i bought this foundation because it has no SPF which is what i really need for special occasions when i have to take photos! There were so many beautiful foundations out there like Chanel, Dior, Armani, Lancome etc that i wanted to buy but most of them offer SPF :( so what really influenced my decision in buying this is the no SPF.

I tend to have a problem with wearing foundation and other people won't be able to notice that im wearing any and think that i wear just tinted moisturiser so the coverage of this foundation does not bother me at all. Yes, it is light but also buildable to a medium coverage. The finish: i would say definitely natural; not matte nor dewy so maybe semi-matte? Apparently this is for oily skin? when i applied this, it was a wet feeling like moisturising your face and later on it did not set into a powder or foundation look either. Perhaps, this is what they mean about the "feel no makeup" because literally it just feels like moisturiser on you face. For those who want long lasting and strong staying power, im not too sure if this would be the right one because it may rub off easily but again im not fussy with the lasting because whether i have foundation or tinted moisturiser on i still look the same so this does not worry me at all. I think since it is non-acnegenic, oil free and fragrance free, it does not break me out which is good because i have always been so scared of using makeup and get really bad skin.

If you are on the edge of deciding to buy this but sceptical about the staying power, I would say YES go for it! The fact that it sits on your face like a moisturiser allows powder to stick on so well! I applied this foundation and then a medium coverage powder over top and the full coverage look stayed on for a good amount of time. Even just loose powder or bronzer will do. However, if you do not like the multiple steps and just want one foundation that gives you everything (good coverage, long lasting and sun protection) then give this a pass.

The packaging: simple and practical. Like the chanel vitalumiere aqua, the bottle is a square plastic that is travel-friendly. Even though, some people say the bottle looks cheap and budget for a high end foundation, it is also what made me buy this foundation. I dont travel much at all but the reason i like it is because it looks classic and luxurious somehow! I like how it is a squeezy bottle so you can control the amount but it is quite runny so it can get a little messy.

Extras:
want more coverage? do 2 layers or even 3 or just add powder foundation
want the staying power? primer+ Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid + any kinds of powder
have oily skin? buff a little powder because it may get a bit slimy
have dry skin? this foundation does not work well with dry spots. I dont really know how to provide a solution as I dont usually get dry patches but I have flaky skin in some areas at the moment (because I just got out of hospital and I believe my skin reacted with some chemicals ? I dont know) :)
I live in New Zealand and bought this for $80 from Farmers which is quite expensive.
It is summer here at the moment so my application is: primer+moisturiser+foundation+bronzer for a summer look and to be honest the finished look was flawless yet so natural.

I have light-medium skin in winter, medium in summer, normal to sensitive skin, fine textured (just the usual once a month break out), i do have uneven skin tone, dark spots from blemishes, combination-oily, neutral undertone (so cool or warm shades will do) but i tend to go with golden/yellow shades. I use 2WN2 (light-medium + warm) so i could use it for both winter and summer. I found that I looked fine with 2CN2, 3WN1 and 3CN1 also.

So yeah, i'll just repeat again. I bought this foundation because it has the quality of tinted moisturiser, BB cream and foundation. It can even out my skin tone and give coverage for when i attend special occasions and i would still be able to take good photos because this foundation contains NO SPF. Gave this 5/5 because this is all i wanted.

Yes, I would recommend :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by bellahaley

Amazing. It will stay on even oily skin during hot days and during gym class. I'm in high school an it last all day but does fade a little, school is 7ish hours. It will cling to flakes but other that that is great.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by AshKay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a long-term user of double wear liquid foundation and still have a bottle of double wear on hand, but in the last 3 years after climbing the 40 fence, I have been trying to find a "less is more" foundation which provides reasonable coverage of pesky age spots, discolouration and melasma whilst still giving a 'no make-up look'. Almost impossible!
I have tried a range of foundations in the medium coverage zone (Dior Nude, Revlon photoready, double wear amongst others) and stumbled on the Invisible fluid whilst waiting for a tester of Double wear light Intensity 2. The Sa at the Estee lauder counter applied the colour 2WN2 and it looked pretty good in shop. I wisely went outside in natural light and still liked the look and colour and so on impulse bought the Invisble fluid in 2WC2 (NC 20 in Mac studio fix). The sa told me that this colour was perfect match according to the EL colour chart which matched the double wear colour I use (Rattan here in sunny Oz) to this colour.

I got home and was horified to find I had become pumpkin coloured and the foundation appeared muddy and slightly orange tinged and very flat-looking.
Too be fair, I took all my make-up off and started my usual routine of sunscreen, moisturiser and foundation which looked fine, but after 10 mins the familiar orange muddy look was back.
Thought I would give it one more go... 3rd time lucky and applied the foundation this morning. Same thing. I am really peeved as firstly this is more expensive than the double wear and dw light ($68) and the sa did not advise me that this foundation can oxidise (I have normal skin) Now I will have to take it back and try and get another colour (lighter) or give up on this foundation. Perhaps rather go with the double wear light despite the colours being limited.
Thumbs down EStee Lauder and the ignorance and unhelpfulness of sales staff!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by agnessman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely my favourite foundation at the moment!!:D I used the lightest shade. It's so light weighted, and looks really natural(I'd say the finish is similar to chanel vitalumiere aqua). In a nutshell, This is a lovely fdt but I won't repurchase it since I wanna try other fdt:)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by shushiroll

The texture of this foundation is really really nice. Creamy yet light. True to its name, it is very fluid - kind of like a milky Japanese sunscreen. It feels very nice on the skin, nearly invisible. The feel of this foundation is exactly what I wanted.

Unfortunately it has horrible staying powder and it oxidizes. I got color matched at an Estee Lauder counter and had the SA do my entire face. I happily walked out and checked my face outside after an hour only to discover that the foundation was now in patches, and had oxidized to a really horrible dark orange color!

I never understood what it meant to have patchy foundation as I don't really wear foundation, but now I get it. It was so obvious and really embarrassing.

I was incorrectly matched as I had checked the color outside immediately after I left the makeup counter. It was too dark, but I had planned on going back until the patchiness and the oxidation.

I have an oily t-zone and dry cheeks. The patchiness and oxidation happened everywhere. Didn't work for me but maybe the foundation will work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by lottypotty

Love this foundation for a night out when I don't want too much coverage & the lack of SPF = no flashback in photos! Apply it with a paddle brush to get slightly more coverage than with ur hands. Controls oil pretty well & doesn't break me out. Love Estée Lauder products overall