December 19, 2014 | 1188 users online

Mascara - Essence - get big lashes volume boost mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Katlan

I really like wet formula mascara a so this worked really well for me. Doesn't really clump and stays pretty well. It's my favourite essence mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by rockhormon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Too wet for me. Does not make my lashes longer. It does not even make them black, it's so wet! I would not recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I love the way this mascara looks when first applied. My lashes are fluttery, defined, and just beautiful. However, the flaking is a deal breaker for me. I have hereditary dark circles and I have to make an effort to not exaggerate them any more than they already are, so the flaking and smudging from this mascara make me look like a dead person. It's a shame, because the price is just right and I really love Essence products. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by HotPozzum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a super cheapie from Target. Around $3-4. Works just fine, does the job but not amazing in any way. I wouldn't say it gave great volume but definitely not clumps either! It you are on a tight budget this is a great choice.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by erica5574

This is an ok product.

pro- cheap
- gives volume
-waterproof

cons- smudges
- very hard to remove
-clumps

overall I think this product is good for its price but if it was more expensive it would definitely not be worth buying again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I really, really wish I had stuck with my gut and not bought this mascara but I did go out and buy it after I say one of my favourite youtube vloggers rave about it. And so I was sucked in. The reason I should have followed my gut is because a) I've never had a really great experience with Essence products (very much a 'you get what you pay for' type of deal) and b) brushes with such big wands have never worked for my eyelashes. I have hooded eyes and whenever I try to apply mascara to my eyes that has a huge wand, the wand just ends up getting mascara all over my eyelids. As well, I find that big brushes are also horrible for giving good volume because unlike a small brush, they aren't able to wiggle through each individual lash to give you that boost of volume. It seemed to wear pretty well throughout the day but didn't really transfer any mascara on my eyelashes to begin with so it is rally hard to say. For me this one fell flat on its face. I would return it but I do feel a bit cheap returning a $3 mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by blacksnake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got the waterproof one, and I really like it. I've had this one tube for a while (2 yrs, I believe) and should probably re buy it. It stays on very long (10 hrs at least) and you get a minimal amount of fallout. It really is waterproof. I can't really tell if it's super smudgeproof, as my eyes are well protected below glasses, but it stayed where it was supposed to be. I'm not oily around my eyes, though.
It does make my lashes longer and super-dark. It made them a bit thicker, but not super-miracle-thick. (I heard you can apply one coat mascara, then some powder and another coat of mascara for super-thick lashes. Haven't tried it. Should work with any mascara.)
There was no tendency to spiderlegyness or clumping.
For me, this is the perfect mascara, as I want a mascara to be longlasting, waterproof, lengthening and darkening. Thickness is less important and I hate spiderlegs, which happen more with thickening mascara from what I saw.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Chargirl1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

most amazing mascara in the world!!!! it wasn't clumpy at all, it gave me a great length and shape, wasn't sticky, very inexpensive, long lasting, doesn't smudge, the one thing was the top part where you take off the lid thing broke off but that's just because I broke it... I definitely recommend it!! really amazing!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried the waterproof version of this mascara, which is the one in the blue tube with pink and black graphics. I think it is a very good mascara for the price. The brush is huge so it takes a little bit of getting used to. I got lots of mascara spread to my eyelids before I got the hang of it, because the bristles are really long. But once you get used to it, it works very well. I often only apply one coat and it makes my lashes look dark and long. The formula is pretty good. Its very black, and holds a curl quite well. This mascara eventually loses its waterproofness towards the end of the day, and you can smudge it if you try. I also sometimes get tiny little flakes under my eyes, if I use too many coats or wear the mascara too long. Although there are better drugstore mascaras out there, I would buy this again if in a pinch.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I've reviewed and tried sooo many mascaras this past yr (2013). I had this one in the very beginning of this yr. It was a good mascara. Not only was it extremely CHEAP (I guess in-expensive would be a kinder word), but it worked well with my lashes. I got a lot of volume from it (which is always what I'm after). I did notice it flaked a little and the brush made it a little hard to get corner lashes but all in all it produced the thickness I crave and NEED (my lashes are thin, ugh!). It actually kind of reminded me of "Bad Gal Lash" by Benefit, just a little. It dried up very quickly, but for the cost that's ok. I will re-purchase someday, just not any time too soon as I've 4 on the go now and really liking Cover Girl Lash Blast series as of late. I would recomend to a friend, but I'd also just recomend that they check their pocket mirrors every now and then for a (little) flaking.