April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by albs

Not moisturizing at all. Very slippery on the lips- almost liquidy. With so much slip it wears off very quickly. I don't understand how this can be labelled as "ultra conditioning" when it doesn't do anything except dry your lips out more, especially when they do have some really nice lip balms. Their mango butter one is my HG. Love it. Avoid this one, try one of their other balms.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Kirstie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Almost everyone has already said what I think about this product: terrible. Thin and greasy feeling on the kips. It wears off in a matter of minutes (single digit) and leaves my lips feeling drier than before application. i can't believe the package claims it provides "4-hour moisturization." What?! I bought a two-pack of these at Target hoping it would be good for overnight protection in dry, winter weather. What a waste. I'm really surprised Burt's could manage to make a product this bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by siminims

I loved this product...at first. Two weeks later and I'm also stuck with dry, chapped, even CRACKED lips. They almost bled today! It was awful!
But just fyi: symptoms like these, for me, are always indicative of a mild allergic reaction. I've only had this happen with one or two other products, but it could be something a lot of people are mildly allergic to, especially if it's something unique to this chapstick! So maybe look the ingredients, see if there are any components that may set you off.
And in the meantime, I am using up a very boring but very soothing container of Vaseline. Sigh.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by xoxlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I picked this product up because my lips had been feeling very dry. On the first application i noticed that the formula was very oily. After a week of using this lip balm I started noticing little blemishes around my mouth. After I stopped using this product those blemishes went away. I will not be purchasing this lip balm again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by AmandaMarie077

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ULTRA DRYING!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by AndreaaaMariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I LOVE THIS LIP BALM. It's the only one I've ever tried that I don't have to reapply every hour. It makes my lips really smooth & it's doesn't get sticky after wearing it for a little while. I got it at walmart for about $3. My dog ended up eating mine before I could use it all (lol my dog eats everything.) but I plan on repurchasing next time I see it at a store. When ever I'm wearing this people always tell me how soft my lips look.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by raqalichavez

I totally got ripped off!! I paid $8.99 for this lip balm at cvs. My fault, put it in my basket without checking the price. I thought it would be like $4 to $5. Couldn't return it because I opened it and applied it immediately after making my purchase. Big mistake!! This lip balm goes on feeling like it's going to moisturize and your lips soak it up but it dries out my lips so quickly! I think this might be good for a cold sore. I don't know why it's even called "ultra conditioning" it's ultra drying. My lips are dry and cracked after using this product. I will not repurchase ad tell my friends to stay away from this lip balm unless they want shriveled up lips. I'm sticking with sugar lip balms.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by pcjo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the worst lip treatments Burt's Bees has........love the others and I'm game to try something new but this one is very drying. Applies well, almost oily but it seems to dry the lips very quickly. With more applications, my lips were very chapped.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by abbeygail

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a HUGE Burt's Bees fan and love pretty much all of their products!! I really like this lip balm I'm kind of shocked by all the bad reviews! I wear this stuff all day everyday!! It is my go to lip balm ( besides Smiths Rose Salve it is AMAZING!!! ) The only bad thing is that you have to reapply it through out the day. That might just be me because I'm kind of obsessive about applying it and HAVE to have something on my lips!! Im weird like that!! But overall I really like this product!! Burt's bees has some great things!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A couple of other reviewers have commented that putting this product on feels like putting a layer of oil on the lips. That is EXACTLY how I feel about this balm as well. It was like a thin, runny, oily layer on top of my lips, and because it was so oily, it did not put moisture IN my lips so much as it felt like it was occluding it and sealing moisture OUT of my lips. My lips feel drier after I use this stuff, which is pretty much the exact opposite of what a lip balm should do. The smell/taste is alright, but it's nothing special. This just does not moisturize. Disappointed :(