Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm

2.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This stuff suuuucks, and I'll tell you why;

1. Stinks, awful - smells too strongly of liquorice or something.
2.Little to no lasting moisturisation - fair enough my lips feel soft when it is just applied, but when it wears off they feel drier than ever.
3. Does not even soften flaky bits of lip.
4. Is more expensive than other burts bees balms - and is still worse.

How on earth does a balm make your lips actually drier?

Terrible and useless. After applied it my lip getting dry.

Terrible. I love the brand but this lip balm is absolute disappointment. Very oily, feels heavy on the lips, not moisturising at all. It's like having oil on your lips. Smell is nothing special either. Small amount in the packaging. I will through it away.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

No I wouldn't buy this again, and I ended up throwing if in the bin with the rest of my garbage where it belongs. Not moisturising at all and in fact makes my lips even drier and peely. The rejuvenating balm and honey balm are my only two I kept from the entire lip balm range with excellent results :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm not a huge fan of this lip balm, although I didn't have a negative experience like some other reviewers have. The consistency on this one is very thin and greasy. If you don't like a heavier feel to your lip products, you might actually like this. I personally didn't care for the slippery feel of it. I felt that it wore off very quickly and had limited effect on my lips either way: not very moisturized but no damage done. I'm not thrilled that this was marketed as "ultra moisturizing" since even their original lip balm is better than this. If you're looking for a really great lip balm, the original Burt's Bees, Blistex and Carmex all have incredibly affordable options that would work much better than this.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I wish I had something positive to say but I don't. I bought this in hopes that it would help my dry winter lips but its seems to dry my lips out even more. Which is odd because it claims to be Ultra Conditioning and maintain 4- Hour Moisturization. There is nothing Ultra, Conditioning or Moisturizing about this product. It feels slick and forgot sipping on water because you'll get more moisture from the water than this product.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm very disappointed with this products, since I really like Burt's Bees products in general. I'm a big fan of their tinted lip balms. I have really dry lips, and I normally use chapstick, but I found out it has parabens and I wanted something more natural. When I first put this on, it was like the stick instantly turned into oil on my lips. I know oil is the main ingredient, but I've tried other products with oil as the main ingredient and they still retain a balmy texture. So my lips felt and looked greasy, but I wouldn't have minded as long as it moisturized. Instead, it seemed like within 5 minutes or less, my lips were drying out way more than they had been before I had applied the product. I had to keep applying every couple of minutes. I don't know where all of the moisture was going. This stuff basically sucked the moisture out of my lips and made them peel. One benefit I guess was that it dried my lips out so much it kind of exfoliated them. So if you want something that will make your lips peel but also sucks the moisture out and turns them wrinkly, this is the product to get. I didn't notice any flavor, i would have preferred a light flavor since this just tasted like oil. I definitely would never buy this again and am going to try to return this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Like many other reviewers, I am totally surprised that the Burt's Bees company actually makes this product and labels it "ultra conditioning." I've had pretty good experiences with most of their other balms, and when I saw this one at the store for about a dollar more than any of their other stuff, I thought it'd be great for winter since my lips are already getting drier from the changing weather. Well, I was wrong. It's by far the worst one I've ever bought. I don't know what else to say about it besides echoing the other negative reviews. It feels oily for sure, but I don't even really mind that at all compared to the way it dissipates completely within minutes and leaves your lips feeling drier than they were before. It's not just a tactical sensation, either - My lips are visibly much more chapped on a regular, all day basis when I use this product. Ignore what the name says and skip it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I am somewhat intrigued to see all of these negative reviews. I did not experience any drying of the lips, ect. For me, this lip balm was a bit greasy which is why if I could, I would rate it a 4.5. Other than that it worked pretty well. It adds shine to your lips, softens them, and hydrates. However this does smell faintly of fruit loops but tastes OK. My biggest complaint would be that the packaging is not impressive at all. It is made of a cheap plastic and when you twist it all the way to the top the lip balm may break off.
I bought mine for $3.97 which makes it one more dollar than the other Burt's Bees lip balms but it is still very inexpensive. This worked for me so I will repurchase.
***EDIT***
I want to now apoligize for my earlier statement about not understanding the bad reviews. Now that I have gone through a lot more of the product, I can say that I agree that this lip balm can get grainy. It feels like grains of sand have been glued to my lips. Plus thinking about it, this does make my lips somewhat greasier than I may have originally led you on to. I would still repurchase for home use because this still hydrates my extremely dry lips and worked better than my Baby Lips at that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the worst lip balm I have ever tried. How is this "ultra conditioning"? All it does is leave a slippery greasy feeling on my lips that never seems to absorb. If anything, it made my lips feel even more dry. Plus, it smells and tastes nasty. Burt's Bees, please get rid of this product!

Popular Lip Treatments