July 30, 2014 | 1332 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by MimiCakes88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you are SUPER oily, STAY AWAY! this stuff didn't even completely dry on my skin. If felt sticky and uncomfortable, even after setting it with a powder. Also, the shade colors are too pinkish, well if your pale. I NEVER ever return products but I hated this so bad I didn't want it near me lol. I love Rimmel but they let me down with this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by hazelbeth

I bought this foundation wanting a matte finish that would cover up oil but wouldn't cling to any dry skin. I have previously the Maybelline dream matte mouse and disliked it, as it left a cakey finish on my skin. The Rimmel stay matte does what it says it will do, which is to be a lightweight shine control foundation, and whilst it doesn't cling to dry skin as much as other mouses that I have tried, it does make really dry patches quite obvious. If you do suffer from dry skin patches like me I'd recommend using a relatively strong moisturiser before you apply this product. I have the colour 103 true ivory and I think it suits my skin perfectly and blends really easily. I didn't have to powder it when I first put it on but as I have oily sections I did have to apply a small amount of powder after about four hours, which I think is quite impressive. It's a cheap foundation that covers blemishes nicely and while I wouldn't use it everyday, as I think it is quite heavy coverage, I like having it in my makeup bag and will replace it when it runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by KitKatSeven

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this foundation after reading a lot of reviews about it and also being tempted by its great price! Very affordable.

However, it is very dry on my skin. I'm only 24years old so not many wrinkles yet but all the little lines under my eyes looked awful in this. Truly, when I smiled it made me look 10 years older. I also struggled to blend it because it dries super quickly on your face. It does last all day though, but your face feels dried out.

Not impressed. Sadly.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by MichelleLeeY

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and this foundation just didn't work well for me. If you have really oily skin and like a matte finish you may want to try this. If you have dry skin, it accentuates it. It looked very cakey and noticeable on me. It's only $5 so if you don't like it it's not a huge investment. It has a matte finish and I didn't get oily but it broke up on my nose after 7-8 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by meowkitkat

Let me start out with saying this: I have always had good skin when i was young, but sadly your skin changes when you get older. I'm 23 now and I never wore foundation or anything past a moisturizer on a day to day to basis, until about 5 months ago. Needless to say, I have tried countless foundations, primers, and combos of both since then. I have light, fair skin, and never break out. Recently, I have gone from completely dry skin to oily t-zone and dry cheeks.

I have always loved Rimmel, because it's cheap but performs very well. I saw this in walmart for a few dollars and figured I would try it out. I loved everything from the application, to the smell, to the way it wore throughout the day.

I primed with Maybelinne Baby Skin on my cheeks and nose (yes, I love Baby Skin and it works for me) used the Stay Matte in Light Ivory foundation on my forehead and nose, and the Rimmel BB Cream in Light everywhere else. I definitely found my flawless skin arsenal using these products. I don't find myself getting too shiny through the day, and I also don't see that it cakes a whole lot. Just try to avoid any dry areas (which is why I use my fingers to blend into the right spots) as it can look flaky and accentuate dryness.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by SineadJamii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation.

MY STORY:
I have fair, oily skin that is sometimes prone to breakouts. I am completely oily with no dry patches at all. I have large pores all over as well. I was so excited when I heard about this product, since I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Stay Matte Powder. Also, it seemed like there were rave reviews all over the net. At the first chance I got I picked up a tube in the lightest colour, Fair Ivory, since I am so fair. The very next morning I tried out this foundation.

THE PRODUCT:
The product is a very thick moussey texture. It is surprisingly easy to blend considering how thick it is. I used a damp beauty blender to blend it in, however I would probably recommend a buffing brush instead. Even though the beauty blender worked well, the thick texture would probably work better with a buffing brush.

FINISH & COLOUR:
The finish is really matte and does not need a powder, at first at least. I didn't notice however, at first, how matte a finish it has. So on that first morning I set it with my Stay Matte powder and a matte setting spray, as per normal for me. I obviously didn't need to blot or touch up as much because of this. But the result was very, very cakey. The foundation also sat in my pores and made them really obvious.
The colour was also off for me. It made me look washed out and pasty. It was a shade too light and possible the wrong tone. It does not oxidize at all nor have any orange in it, for all you girls who are actually fair ivory.
I tried it again another time, since I really wanted to love it. I tried to use it differently than the first time, so no powder or setting spray but it still looked cakey. Also, I noticed that it makes my skin feel dry. While wearing it, I don't mind since I don't want to be an oily mess and it is a nice change for once but even when I take it off the feeling remains. A heavy duty moisturiser is a must when using this to restore some moisture to your skin afterwards.

MY SOLUTION:
To fix all of the problems I noticed with this foundation, since I don't want to waste it I mixed it with another foundation. I had gotten a Maybelline Fit Me foundation as part of a package deal online. I got the package for other items so I didn't mind that the foundation was too dark for me. I also find that the Fit Me foundations are too dewy for me - so two misses on that one. Until I mixed these two together. With one being too dark and the other too light, one slightly too matte and the other too dewy etc these are a perfect match. Now when I use this combination my skin looks flawless and natural. I would recommend to anyone else who has the same issues to do the same.

SUMMARY:
Alone this foundation is too drying, cakey and pasty for me. Mixed with the FIT ME foundation however I think I found my HG in the combination. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with dry or normal skin as it is too drying on the skin and I probably wouldn't even recommend it anyone to wear alone. I will however repurchase it so that I can keep up with this combination.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Milzj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have acne, and this foundation conceals the acne whilst not being too "cakey" or "orange" like so many others- good for all skin tones, & lasts all day (around 6 hours!) Doesn't smell bad either. This is always my go- to foundation, I always purchase this one; the price is also very cheap (£6.99) for such good quality, & it's better than many high end designer foundations out there! Amazing, a must buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by poisonivy08

since rimmel isn't sold here in the philippines, my husband who is from the UK bought me loads of rimmel products and one of my favorite is this foundation. :-)
pros: - easily to blend
- not oily
- not heavy on the skin
- doesn't have a bothering scent
- not cakey
-doesn't oxidize on me
- hides imperfections yet leaves a natural finish .

cons:- packaging
- not that long staying

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mali1712

I love this foundation! It has great coverage and doesnt feel greasy or anything as a matter of fact it feels very light. It is my new favorite foundation, I use to love the fit me maybelline foundation stick but i run out of it so fast that it is just not worth the price unlike this foundation where i only need a little to cover my whole face! And the color suits my skin perfectly imjust love it ! I will definitly repurchase when i run out !

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Kirstenamber

I bought this in Soft Beige after my mum recommended it. I paid about $12 AUD for it, which is much cheaper than my usual foundation. The colour is a fairly good match for my skin, maybe slightly too orange. The coverage is good and it has a nice finish. I applied it with my fingers at first but then started using a brush (Real Techniques Expert Face Brush) and it looks much nicer when applied with a brush. I then set it with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. It looks nice for a couple of hours, but after that it doesn't stay on well and definitely doesn't stay matte for the whole day. I have to blot and apply more powder throughout the day.

At first this product broke me out worse than I had broken out in a couple of years but I continued to use it and my skin settled down a bit. I repurchased it again, but before finishing the second tube I changed to a new foundation (Revlon Colorstay). After using the new foundation for a week my skin has become very clear. I'm not sure if its a coincidence or whether it was this foundation that was messing with my skin. I don't think I'll go back to using this again.