September 16, 2014 | 1189 users online

Mascara - Essence - I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by aguadora

Did not like this much when first used. It was too wet, and the brush was fat and mascara ended up on my lids often. A few weeks later, now that it has dried up a bit, I am quite liking it. Reminds me of the Maybelline Turbo ones I used to have, only this is much cheaper. Price can't be beat. Will probably not repurchase because I still have a few tubes of other mascaras I want to try. I have other Essence mascaras and this one is my go-to one for volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

This is my favourite cheap mascara. It's nothing revolutionary, but it does not flake, smudge or make my eyes irritated. I have bought this a few times for this reason as I'm not convinced that higher priced mascaras are better quality than lower priced ones, and for a product that I replace every 2-3 months (or whenever I see clumping), I'm happier to pay less for good quality. I still have not found one I love enough to commit to 100%, but this is a definite winner for me. I love that it has a big bristled spoolie (I'm not a fan of the rubberized ones). It does what it ought to do, holds a curl well enough and is easy to remove at the end of the day. Essence also doesn't test on animals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard good things about this mascara so I picked it up at Ulta. I have it in the pink tube (crazy volume).
This mascara actually makes it looks like I'm wearing false lashes.
My only issue is the formula is kind of thick. I have to scrape excess off the brush so it doesn't clump all over the place. I like it very much and plan to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by rockhormon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Simply too wet for me. I would not recommend it for anyone, it's not worth the money even if it's cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by musiqphile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara doesn't work particularly well on its own but when layered with Essence 24hr Mascara in the neon yellow tube, I Love Extreme does the trick. I find a layer of the 24hr applied lightly to curled lashes will hold the curl while Extreme amps the drama. Extreme tends to weigh lashes down on its own but partnered with 24hr it can create longer, fuller and darker lashes. I think if someone wanted to work with a lash comb and alternating layers, a nice set of falsie-like flutterers could be had but for my purposes (everyday office work) I only need my eyes to look more open and awake, not drag-queen vampy.

The brush is huge and unwieldy. If the user doesn't have longish lashes already they would have a hard time with this brush because they'd end up poking their eyeballs with it. Ouch. The formula itself isn't great, but again, try pairing it with another mascara that is more lightweight if you don't want your lashes to droop. My main complaint about this and all Essences mascaras is that they don't come sealed so any shmoe in the cosmetics aisle can play beauty school with the products and you might end up with pink eye depending on how many people/germs your new mascara has come into contact with. But so far so good for me; no conjunctivits here! Yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

You get what you pay for. This mascara formula is first of all too "wet" for me and it applied very clumpily. I could get past that though because you can just apply it carefully and it won't be so bad, but the thing that made me decide to throw it away is the fact that it transfers really badly. After a few hours I had raccoon eyes as the mascara had transfered to the bottom of my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by barbaravb

Very clumpy, don't like at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by LinaGranita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara absolutely shocked me. I normally buy the expensive brands (don't get me wrong I still do) like Chanel ''Inimitable intense'' which is one of my favourites because of the tone of black that it has and the way it works after a couple of coats BUT this mascara works just as well as any other mascara that costs 40$ +. I paid 2.99 Canadian and when I first tried it I laughed and said to myself where have I been throwing my money on mascaras all this time? For my lashes, it thickens and it definitely makes them longer, does it have that outstanding pitch black tone to it? no but everything else works like a gem. If you get what i'm saying, certain mascaras that are pitch black have this specific glow and your lashes just look outstanding. Love extreme is my every day mascara and honestly for the price, you won't be disappointed. It doesn't dry out fast compared to the Chanel one I use and it's also a lot easier to remove with a good eye makeup remover. Yes I would buy it again and I definitely suggest it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by iron_goddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Tried this on today for the first time and I am a little disappointed. The formula dries really quickly and results in OK thickness not OMG thick lashes. You have to work quick and deftly on applying a second or third coat because it will clump if you don't. I credit my thicker than usual lashes to the humongous wand which allows it to apply more product. Had the formula been slightly wetter, I could have put on more coats comfortably. On the plus side, this is super cheap and readily available. Also, it holds the curl well and so far hasn't flaked. Neither does it have an annoying scent like some mascaras do. You can use this to practice your mascara application techniques. However, if you are looking for showstopping lashes, there are better options. Overall, an OK mascara at a bargain basement price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Mrswhitelaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Essence cosmetics are simply amazing. The quality for the price is something I haven't found elsewhere and this mascara is no different. The formulation is nice, not too wet and it's not too dry either. I have naturally very long lashes and if a mascara is too wet or the brush is rubbery (like those lash blast ones) my lashes just all stick together and I look like Marge Simpson. My only suggestion with this mascara would be that this brush is too fat in circumference. But for $2.99--this is as good as Clinique High Impact IMO.