July 24, 2014 | 1891 users online

Cleansers - Biore - Combination Skin Balancing Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Anna12345

When I was younger I had combination to oily skin and gel cleansers seemed to work very well for me. However, now that I'm 30, I have noticed that my skin is less oily and has become what I would call "extremely" combination. Regardless of whether it is summer or winter, I now always have an oily T-zone and a dry chin, which can become flaky very quickly if not managed carefully. To manage my skin, I fell into the pattern/trap of alternating between cream and gel cleansers, and I was becoming frustrated with having to adjust my routine all the time.

I first read about this product on the Paula's Choice website where it is categorised as a "Best" product. I was drawn to its name, "Combination". You rarely come across a cleanser designed just for combination skin.

Initially, I was a bit worried about this cleanser because I got two large pimples on my chin after about three days of use. I was going to stop using it but I like how it completely removes makeup without stripping my skin and it doesn't leave any residue, so I decided to continue with it.

I have now used it daily for a month and have not had any further issues with pimples. My acne-prone skin has actually improved slightly because my makeup is now being removed completely. Many cleansers I use, including the high-end products, do not remove makeup properly and this obviously contributes to my acne problem.

I also like that it is cheap. You don't need to spend a million dollars to get a good product.

The only downsides are that the fragrance is unnecessarily strong and it contains sodium laureth sulfate, a cheap foaming agent, which I've heard is not good for you or your skin.

However, I will continue using this cleanser until I find another product which gives me similar or better results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The labeling on this is quite clear: COMBINATION SKIN. Meaning you have areas that are dry and areas that are oily on your face. This is an opaque gel cleanser that is supposed to balance the skin by being able to wash away 90% of impurities found on the skin but not disturb the skin's natural moisture barrier. This isn't meant for dry or sensitive skin.

Having said that...I use this in the morning because for me its a very light cleanser, I dont see a huge balancing effect on my combo skin. In fact, its my night routine that has helped to balance my skin. This cleanser gets a 3 because I can still use it and thus far, I haven't noticed my skin damaged or broken out as a result of it. I wouldn't buy it again because I feel like I could get a better morning cleanser elswhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by xoslshopaholic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually bought this product on a whim because it was on sale and I had a coupon for it, and I've been pleasantly surprised! My main concern in a face wash is taking of my makeup, and I thought this would only be good for cleansing my actual skin, but it's great for both! I have dry skin, and this doesn't dry it out at all, my skin feels clean but just dry enough, as in, no oil anywhere, but no dryness either. It feels perfect. This product does have a scent, but not noticable once you're finished with it, and it does seem a little pricey when it's not on sale. If you can find this product for cheap, I would definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by shannoodles

I love this cleanser. I bought it in a set from Chemist Warehouse for $13.99 and it came with pore strips and a moisturizer. This would have been my second bottle and I love it. It balances my skin and doesn't make my T-zone oily, it removes my makeup quite well and it has helped clear my skin. After changing to this, I have noticed less pimples.
Btw, I have dry/combination skin and this makes my skin feel so smooth afterwards. Would definitely recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by megancizek

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AWEFUL!!!! I usually have really smooth skin with maybe 1 or 2 pimples a month and after the first day of use, i have extremely red blotchy skin with tiny bumps all over my face and especially on my eyelids. I also now how 8 big pimples and tiny ones all over too. I hate this product. I will never use it again. Don't recommend it to anyone...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by jennifereal

I love this cleanser! I have repurchased this over and over again. It removes all my makeup in one cleanse and does not leave my face over-ly dry. It definitely sticks to it's name as a "combination skin balancing cleanser". I do not experience any breakouts and I pair this with an acne-fighting moisturizer and my face is smooth, clear and clean!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

a very nice basic cleanser. no strong fragrance, just good. Don't expect it to remove makeup for you... I recommend this to oily skin people because you do not want to strip all your oil when washing as you will get more oily so this is nice. I like to use this as my nighttime and every other morning cleanser. But currently just using it at night and trying Aveeno clear complexion cleanser in the morning.

there is not much to say about this cleanser. If you want a safe, uncomplicated cleanser, then get it. Does a good job to value the ph level of your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by LioeleSaturn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

Great cleanser! I started using and haven't seen any acnes coming for a month!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by skeezicks_7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product and found that it cleans my face and removes makeup well without being drying. A pea size amount seems to work best for me. My skin is normal with monthly hormonal breakouts, and I was looking for a reasonably priced cleanser that would remove makeup without drying out my skin and without ingredients that cause sun sensitivity. I'm pretty satisfied with this, and it's a good deal since a little goes a long way! I would definitely buy it again or try the vitamin E cream cleanser from the Body Shop.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by Wintersvixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Scary!! Horrible!!! Gave me thousands of huge cystic bumps all over my usually clear skin overnight! Caused huge scabs and bleeding and pain.This product is awful