January 31, 2015 | 890 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips lip balm in Pink Punch

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 5:22:00 AM More reviews by chlodewick21

i decided to purchase this after a continous hype about it in the makeup world, i purchased this one and another one in 'hydrate', i honestly think the cute and colourful packagaing really decieves you, as it i think these products are a tad overrated, they provide a great moisture and i used hydrate many times to prevent dry or chapped lips and i can honestly say it worked, however back to pink punch, the colour looked absoutley disgusting, it looked like a childrens lipgloss had been smeared on my lips, not only was the colour horrible but the finish it gave made my lips look horrible! it really made my lips look dry on the places that were a little drier, and it just looked really bad like it would not be long lasting whatsoever!

as these are the only two baby lips i have used, i can only say enjoy the colour free hydrate balm however i really depsise the coloured pink punch balm, and im sure the other colour free balms are just as good,

tips
- dont be lured in by cute and colourful packaging
- do not use the coloured ones as they provide a horrible colour and finish

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Adds a tiny bit of moisture while it's on but wears off quickly and effect doesn't last. I think it actually ends up drying your lips out more. Doesn't last through anything (eating, drinking, etc.). Does not sit in lines on lips or create a white line in the middle of product. Nice semi-shiny finish and color is a light bubblegum pink. Slightly sweet taste/smell. Packaging is childish, but it's the standard packaging for the Baby Lips. I only have one other - the clear SPF 20 one - and I like that one better just because it has sunscreen.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by BrittAm95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I bought this, I hoped it would give me the results I'd come to expect from Baby Lips with a dash of pretty pink. I got my hips up for nothing. Don't get me wrong, the smell was awesome, such a pretty punch scent, but the color was horrible. Even with a thin layer, it was way too pink. Then I had to apply more often because it didn't work as well as the other Baby Lips I've tried, so it looked even worse. Will not be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by omgthatgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this because I ADORED the red tint and the scent of Cherry Me, and I'd heard a lot of good things about Pink Punch. The texture is the same as Cherry Me--quite thick and smooth. I like the scent, too. It smells like tropical bubblegum, like Trident or something. Unfortunately, I don't think the colour is too flattering on my tan skin tone...Bright pinks and nudes never do suit me, but I had thought that this might be an exception. It's very pigmented, too, almost like a lip-stick. It's fairly inexpensive, though it isn't the cheapest lip balm out there. The colour looks okay if I use it sparingly, but I think this product would be best for paler people. I will repurchase Cherry Me, but not this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by katycatz

The color is pretty, it smells nice but it's not very notice'ably. The cherry one has a better pigment but I'm not sure how that one smells like. As a pigmented lip balm, it doesn't moisturize that well

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by jadorelechoc

Cute packaging, lovely smell, lovely colour and colour payoff, but near to zero hydrating qualities. The only reason I bought this product to try, is because I found it on offer for the price of 1 euro (it normally costs more than 4 euro where I live, which I never would have paid for it). It does not hydrate, at all, it disappears after 15 minutes on the lips, and it leaves them drier than before. I will not miss it when it's gone and I will not seek out to buy it again.

I think it would be nice for young teenagers that are hesitant to use full blown colour on their lips in their daily life, at school etc, and seek a little bit of discreet colour, but then again, why not use something else for that, like the Korres lip balm pots for example, which offer a light tint and wonderful hydration?

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by purplelili

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think BabyLips Range is so overrated, I was so excited to try it when it is first launched in the UK and I bought 3 of them. (Cherry me, punch pink and deep m. one)

First of all, it does not give your lips any moisture! Pigmentation is okey-ish but personally I dont like how pink punch looks when I put it on my lips, it looks very blurry dirty pink, personally cherry me is is better than pink punch in terms of pigmentation.
There are much better products than babylips so I won't recommend it for those who is after nice lip balm!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

WOW! I just bought this baby for only 30DKK and I already love it!

Pros:
- it makes my lips soft
- it gives a lovely pink shade
- it dosen't "set" in my lips when they're dry
- the package is sweet and funky
- It smells/taste great.
- It has SPF20

Cons:
None??

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in search of another moisturizing balm in my collection, and supposed that the pink would be a nice, subtle little plus if I was feeling naked-lipped. It's actually super-duper, mostly-sheer Barbie pink!

I got more than I bargained for on terms of color and now I'm choosy for when I reach for this one, which is sort of a shame because it does amazing to soften my lips. I wasn't impressed by the ingredients, so that confused me a bit, but it does the job incredibly well. I have very smooth and supple lips after using this product.

I wouldn't recommend buying it to use it solely as a lip balm, as the bright pink isn't neutral enough to want to wear all the time(at least, not if you're as pale as I am.) If you want a low-maintenance pink lip to easily glide on once in a while, this might be your best bet! Just try and get past that creepy product name.

(I mean, come on. "Baby Lips?" Seriously, someone did not think that through to the fullest.)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by llemusd202

it is moisturizing but the color is ugly. i like baby lips but on a different more natural color