July 30, 2014 | 2065 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Lhicksbeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this eye shadow combo in 'seductive' and it's one of my favorite eye shadow combos to date. Easily goes on, stays on, and color stays bright all day. Great color combo for a smokey eye look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have so far tried two of Revlon's colorstay 16 hour eyeshadow quads (Moonlit and Seductive), and each of them grew on me. I gave Moonlit 4 lippies, and am giving Seductive 4 lippies as well, for the same reason - pigmentation of some of the pans is not quite up to par for a mark of 5.

Moonlit was the first quad of the 16 hour line that I tried, and I was very happy with the color combination and beautiful shimmer (I reviewed it in its separate category). What I wished was better is the sparse pigmentation of the white sparkle pan (I could not build it up). Despite me using a primer underneath the shadow, the colors faded some, though the staying power still surpassed any eye shadow I have ever worn. Within a week of trying this eye shadow, I came across a tip here on MUA to use a thin coat of lip balm as a base for shimmery eye shadow, and gave it a try with my Moonlit. That made all the difference! Lip balm helped for the shadow to saturate and pop, while not adding too much oiliness for the eye shadow to crease.

With the tip in mind, I went and got a different set, Seductive, and used the lip balm tip with it. I posted a collage of Seductive eye shadow, where the top two pans are light shimmery lilac, and the bottom two are matte purples. I find that the #1 shimmery shade is richer in sparkle than shade #2, but not as rich as the white sparkle pan in Moonlit. The darker matte shades, although look dark in the pans, come on with a medium pigmentation and are very blendable. At first, I wished for more pigmentation, but it grew on me. I find that Seductive is a perfect, "daytime-safe" purple palette. It isn't quite enough for a night-out, but looks absolutely gorgeous and so feminine in the daytime. While purples may not always be well-suited for office (when too pigmented), Seductive gives a polished and, indeed, a seductive look. Fairly recently, I came across Amanda Seyfried's look from Dear John UK premiere, where she wore eggplant eye shadow with red lipstick, and the look got featured on Glamour magazine website. I have never thought of combining such colors, but tried it with Seductive, and the result is surprisingly good!

I am overall very happy with the quality of Revlon's 16 hour palettes, because the color combinations are wonderful and there are many choices to bring out different skin tones and eye colors. Shimmer in this eye shadow line is fine and so beautiful. Pigmentation is overall good for daytime - it just needs a little base to stick on. I would certainly repurchase the two I have now, and am fairly certain that I will try out some other quads in this line. I would give this eye shadow 4.5 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Cassyray123

I purchased this product in the pallete "brazen" thinking it would be great for the fall season. Using my favorite urban decay eyeshadow brush, I tried to apply the shadows- only finding out that there was absolutely NO pigmentation. Then I tried using the applicator it came with wet, and I actually got a nice neutral look- but not a look worth eight dollars. I've used better one dollar eyeshadow quads from la colors then this. This is really disapointing, since I generally LOVE revlon products. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by dreamfantasy

Okay so I bought this eyeshadow in seductive at a duty free shop between countries and all revlonwas 40% off, so I like that I got this on sale but I wouldn't buy it again for full price.

The colors for seductive are REALLY pretty! If I build up the color on my finger (the applicator it comes with sucks), its absolutely gorgeous (especially the darkest purple) but a few minutes after I apply it on my eyes, its completely gone! This didn't last 16 seconds let alone 16 hours! I literally went to reach for my mascara and all the color had already fallen and disappeared! This was really disappointing but I guess I don't have a choice but to "wear" this eyeshadow until im completely out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by brooklynn44

I bought one of these palettes in Adventurous(green, bronze, purple and cream) and I love it. The pigmentation is very good you just need to build the color a little bit. But for the price it is worth the money. I bought this at Target for about $6. This palette is perfect for the upcoming fall time and I cannot wait to try the other colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by spaingirl87

I bought two of these, addictive and siren because I really wanted pretty and somewhat matte colors. I already reviewed addictive, and I found it to be poor color payoff and the colors didn't seem true to color. However I do like siren, the colors are very nice and true to what is shown, the color payoff is better than addictive but I have seen better from wet n wild and nyx. Both palettes did have excellent staying power and no creasing when used with my concealer as a primer. I do love the packaging bc it gives nice choices of color and is small and nicely packaged for traveling or for throwing in a purse. So overall I think there are hits and misses in this line, but I don't want to waste my money trying. I will most likely throw this in my purse for days, when I am running late. Just wish it had a mirror.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Seductive (the purples) & I thought this eye shadow would be much worse due to reviews I've read/watched. I don't own many other drugstore products & no drugstore shadows (makeup is my one and only vice haha), and the 4 rating is like, for what I expect a shadow in this price range to be. Which was $4 on sale. The reason I bought this was that I went to the Dior counter pining over the Stylish Move quint, which is a warmer and more 'grown up' and wearable purple palette, but I saw they had 2 ltd ed Peacock green quints left so I changed my mind at the last minute and bought that one instead as I don't own and have never worn shades of green but they were quite nice w my hazel eyes and black hair. Back to Revlon, I was salty that I didn't have my purple (i DO have some purples buried in some UD shadow books but they are so unwieldy) so I found this running errands at rite aid later. I figured I'd keep it til I get my Dior then give to my 5 y/o to play with. Which I'm still planning on doing. Now I don't wear ANY powder eyeshadows w/o urban decay PP or a bobbi brown long wearing cream eyeshadow underneath or it'll crease and fade. I have severe combo skin that ranges from dewy to flaky but my lids are a downright oil slick. So I put on my Ballet Pink bobbi cream shadow which is really just like a little brighter than (my) flesh tone and let it dry, then tried out the Seductive. I noticed its very cheap, flimsy packaging. i used the lightest color to highlight the brow bone. I read its just specks of glitter with no pigmentation. I did not find this to be true. In fact I read this about the second lightest color too... NOT true. I put the second lightest color from the bottom of color #1 down to lash line. The real violety purple had great pigmentation/payoff; i put all over the lid proper, and the darkest plum shade(same - great pig./payoff) I put in the crease and the outer portion of the lid, as well as lining my lower lash line w/ it. I used the enclosed applicator. I know everyone is anti these sponge applicators but I got used to using them w my Dior palettes and they give a good color payoff. Basically, if something comes w an applicator I'm using it. The shadows were not a creamy luscious formula; they were $4. I did have to dig my sponge applicator in there pretty hard. There was a little fall out (not more than what I've experienced w some urban decay hues) and they didn't blend seamlessly or anything, but I needed purple shadows at once and they fit the bill. No fading or creasing. They look a little bright/garish for my 34-year-old sophisto self (haha NOT)... So still. I am greatly looking forward to the coveted Dior purples. I may buy again in a similar situation, but I highly doubt it as my collection is pretty much near completion. Except for that Guerlain quad I've been eyeing....... Haha anyway I was pleasantly surprised esp considering the bad reviews on this particular quad; try one or three... At $4/pop ya can't beat it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by leighcfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the Revlon Colorstay shadows. I think they do last. The quads really help me coordinate the colors well. I would have never put a dark green on, but when blended in with the rest of these it really looked great for a night time dark eye.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Aijamal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Doesnt look same on eyes, doesnt last long. Overall poor quality

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really disappointed with this eyeshadow quad (in Addictive). There was NO pigment, and the eyeshadow itself was poor in quality.

...and this is coming from someone who only buys drugstore products.