April 24, 2014 | 1975 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by dreamfantasy

Okay so I bought this eyeshadow in seductive at a duty free shop between countries and all revlonwas 40% off, so I like that I got this on sale but I wouldn't buy it again for full price.

The colors for seductive are REALLY pretty! If I build up the color on my finger (the applicator it comes with sucks), its absolutely gorgeous (especially the darkest purple) but a few minutes after I apply it on my eyes, its completely gone! This didn't last 16 seconds let alone 16 hours! I literally went to reach for my mascara and all the color had already fallen and disappeared! This was really disappointing but I guess I don't have a choice but to "wear" this eyeshadow until im completely out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by brooklynn44

I bought one of these palettes in Adventurous(green, bronze, purple and cream) and I love it. The pigmentation is very good you just need to build the color a little bit. But for the price it is worth the money. I bought this at Target for about $6. This palette is perfect for the upcoming fall time and I cannot wait to try the other colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by spaingirl87

I bought two of these, addictive and siren because I really wanted pretty and somewhat matte colors. I already reviewed addictive, and I found it to be poor color payoff and the colors didn't seem true to color. However I do like siren, the colors are very nice and true to what is shown, the color payoff is better than addictive but I have seen better from wet n wild and nyx. Both palettes did have excellent staying power and no creasing when used with my concealer as a primer. I do love the packaging bc it gives nice choices of color and is small and nicely packaged for traveling or for throwing in a purse. So overall I think there are hits and misses in this line, but I don't want to waste my money trying. I will most likely throw this in my purse for days, when I am running late. Just wish it had a mirror.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Seductive (the purples) & I thought this eye shadow would be much worse due to reviews I've read/watched. I don't own many other drugstore products & no drugstore shadows (makeup is my one and only vice haha), and the 4 rating is like, for what I expect a shadow in this price range to be. Which was $4 on sale. The reason I bought this was that I went to the Dior counter pining over the Stylish Move quint, which is a warmer and more 'grown up' and wearable purple palette, but I saw they had 2 ltd ed Peacock green quints left so I changed my mind at the last minute and bought that one instead as I don't own and have never worn shades of green but they were quite nice w my hazel eyes and black hair. Back to Revlon, I was salty that I didn't have my purple (i DO have some purples buried in some UD shadow books but they are so unwieldy) so I found this running errands at rite aid later. I figured I'd keep it til I get my Dior then give to my 5 y/o to play with. Which I'm still planning on doing. Now I don't wear ANY powder eyeshadows w/o urban decay PP or a bobbi brown long wearing cream eyeshadow underneath or it'll crease and fade. I have severe combo skin that ranges from dewy to flaky but my lids are a downright oil slick. So I put on my Ballet Pink bobbi cream shadow which is really just like a little brighter than (my) flesh tone and let it dry, then tried out the Seductive. I noticed its very cheap, flimsy packaging. i used the lightest color to highlight the brow bone. I read its just specks of glitter with no pigmentation. I did not find this to be true. In fact I read this about the second lightest color too... NOT true. I put the second lightest color from the bottom of color #1 down to lash line. The real violety purple had great pigmentation/payoff; i put all over the lid proper, and the darkest plum shade(same - great pig./payoff) I put in the crease and the outer portion of the lid, as well as lining my lower lash line w/ it. I used the enclosed applicator. I know everyone is anti these sponge applicators but I got used to using them w my Dior palettes and they give a good color payoff. Basically, if something comes w an applicator I'm using it. The shadows were not a creamy luscious formula; they were $4. I did have to dig my sponge applicator in there pretty hard. There was a little fall out (not more than what I've experienced w some urban decay hues) and they didn't blend seamlessly or anything, but I needed purple shadows at once and they fit the bill. No fading or creasing. They look a little bright/garish for my 34-year-old sophisto self (haha NOT)... So still. I am greatly looking forward to the coveted Dior purples. I may buy again in a similar situation, but I highly doubt it as my collection is pretty much near completion. Except for that Guerlain quad I've been eyeing....... Haha anyway I was pleasantly surprised esp considering the bad reviews on this particular quad; try one or three... At $4/pop ya can't beat it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by leighcfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the Revlon Colorstay shadows. I think they do last. The quads really help me coordinate the colors well. I would have never put a dark green on, but when blended in with the rest of these it really looked great for a night time dark eye.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Aijamal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Doesnt look same on eyes, doesnt last long. Overall poor quality

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really disappointed with this eyeshadow quad (in Addictive). There was NO pigment, and the eyeshadow itself was poor in quality.

...and this is coming from someone who only buys drugstore products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by hovanyir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this quad after reading all the negative comments, thinking Revlon can't be as bad! I'm glad I've gave it a try!!! The colors are beautiful, the pigmentation is just right and it stays on all day long.I apply it over my Revlon ColorStay foundation, it's easy to blend with my regular eye shadow brushes. Great eye shadow for a great price! I'm yet to get disappointed in Revlon products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Revlon colorstay in Brazen.

Let me start with what I like about this eye shadow. The colors are divine. I bought brazen and it is a perfect warm palatte. I love the texture of the shadow. Soft, buttery, and smooth to the touch. The matte colors are Beautiful. Simply Beautiful! The shadow does not flake or powder off your lid. And I love that it does not get stuck in the creases of your lids. For a lady with a hooded lid this is a good thing. It stays where you put it.

I do not like the lack of lasting power. Why do they say ColorStay? It does not last! It lasted maybe 4 hours for me. And I am too busy to reapply shadow throughout my day or evening. I think it is overpriced for what you are getting. I paid $7.99. Too much. I should have saved my pennies and just bought the Urban Decay. UD has far better lasting power.

My daughter and I were at target and I foolishly wandered over to the cosemtic ailes where I wasted money on this and a few other goodies. Why do I do this??? Is it the never ending hunt for the holy grail? The belief that just maybe there is a treasure hidden in a drug store aile of make up? I have found treasures before and I promise you I will do this all over again the next time I happen to find myself distracted by the lure of pretty packages...

Save your money...of if this is all you can afford try it with a primer. Maybe that might make it last.... hmmmmm I need to do this.....

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought the "Addictive" quad and I'm sooooo disappointed. I feel like Revlon is just not as good as it used to be.
Let me say that I am a bit of a snob when it comes to eyeshadow and I pretty much stick with MAC (though I have some Clinique and Lancome I use here and there). I was grocery shopping and decided to purchase some DS eyeshadow on an impulse buy. I had a couple of the old Revlon quads a couple of years back when I first go into make-up, but threw them out when I started going higher end. I don't know why I did that since they were pretty decent (I had a berry/plummy quad and a neutral brown quad, they may have been those "wet/dry formula" ones). The packaging is different on these new quads and the color combinations are different.
I picked "Addictive" since the colors looked fairly simple and neutral.
The top two ( a very light champage and a neutral beige) look exactly the same, nothing but straight-up GLITTER CHUNKS. I'm 34 and glitter is a no-no. The bottom two (a taupe and a mediun brown) look really nice in the pans, more of a 'flat' matte formula. They had no color pay-off, the taupe one showed as a sheer, sickly pale green (over TFSI primer) that would not deepen if I packed it on. The brown was...okay enough, but if I want a matte brown I'm reaching for MAC Cross-Cultural.
What a waste of $7, I really wanted to like this and I hate it. I took that horrible taupe-green off at once and re-did my makeup with my beloved MAC shadows. I'm sure some of these quads have some decent formulas, but I won't bother repurchasing another one to try out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No