April 24, 2014 | 1846 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix & Perfect Pro Primer 002

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought it after reading MUA reviews. I haven't found my HG primer yet. My skin is very oily on the T-zone, and i have to blot my face at least every hour if i want to look presentable.
My routine is: cleanser/moisturizer/primer/foundation/powder. This primer is nothing special unfortunatly. My skin does not look smoother or more even, my foundation doesn't stay better and i still look like a glazed doughnut after a while.
Oh well, onto the next one!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by BubblegumKisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I've ever purchased. I got this because none of my foundations seem to mattify my oily skin for longer than an hour, so i figured they just needed a little help from a primer. And it did help! After i used this under my Covergirl 3-in-1 foundation, my face stayed matte the whole day! It makes your skin feel like a SO SOFT and I find it easier to apply foundation over this stuff. I definitely recommend giving this a shot bc it's cheap and of great quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Mjmj1211meagan

This primer works great. It instantly smoothed my skin and because it isn't at all tinted you never have to worry about them having your shade available :) this primer is my new favorite par of my makeup, I use it under my light porcelain Rimmel stay matte mousse foundation and he two products combined make my skin look flawless and the best part is you can't even feel them on your skin :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Bunnieskat

This product makes my skin look so nice and smooth when I have no break outs of course, it does sort of smooth out pores and make up goes on really smoothly. It does look matte but after a good 4/5 hours you could see a lil oil seeping through. And it did not break me out at all. I would suggest waiting atleast 5 mins before applying your foundation. Would deff repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

Bought this primer for about $6 or so, which is a good price in my opinion. It does mattify well and improve staying power, but it is very drying. That makes it very inconvenient to use on my sensitive-to-dry skin especially in the winter. :( either way, a good and inexpensive primer if you can tolerate drying or have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great primer. I use this one or the regular one, I actually prefer the regular one over this one but they are both good. My skin looks smooth, pores not as noticable and makeup applies easily over top. Definately worth the price and I will buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by oneskyred

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently got into makeup, and upon the recommendation of my sister brought a primer. My skin is normally quite good, I break out occasionally, and just have to cleanse and moisturise to keep it looking alright. However, this made me breakout severely, especially in the places i was concentrating on (cheeks, chin). This upsets me cause Id like to keep buying cheaper primers, but I guess Ill have to try some others. My sister a few weeks later asked me how I got on with the primer as hers is running out (she uses a different brand currently) - I told her I didnt recommend it and went back to boots to get something different.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product. I would repurchase it. The Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer is almost like a lotion- it's white and goes on transparent on your skin. The first thing I noticed when I put it on my skin was that it went on super smooth and it made my skin feel smoother. Definitely not like I had nothing on my face because I DID feel the silicones that I put on my face. However, the silicones haven't broken me out (at least yet), and I have sensitive, acne-prone skin.

Now, the primer has five claims. 1. Smoothes 2. Resurfaces 3. Brightens 4. Mattifies 5. Protects.

It doesn't smooth out my skin THAT much. I don't notice anything noticeable when I put on my foundation. I moisturize, let that sink into my skin, apply the primer, let it sink in for a few minutes, and then apply my foundation with a beauty blender. The finish of my foundation looks the same with or without the primer. I'm not really certain that it actually "resurfaces" or "brightens" either but that may differ from person to person. I DO believe that it mattifies my foundation for a longer period of time because I can probably go an hour or two longer matte with this primer. As for the last claim with "protecting" I'm not really sure it lives up to that claim either.

I know you can get this primer for around $6 at Target and the reason why I would repurchase is because it does increase the longevity of my wear time. My foundation usually looks terrible at the end of the day and when I use this primer it looks better, although not prefect. I don't expect my foundation to look perfect after a 10-12 hour wear. However, the primer does keep it looking fresher longer. In addition, although I'm not sure how much "resurfacing" it does, it does help my foundation not crease in my smile lines that much, although it still does. It's easily fixable though.

I have oily skin and this primer didn't make my skin excessively more oily- in fact, it made it less oily. I don't see why anyone wouldn't give this primer a shot. Even though it might not function as well as higher end face primers, it's cheap and does the trick if you're looking for something from the drugstore.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this cause I am testing cheaper primers to find a good one and unfortunately this one did not work out. The price (around $6) is great and the packaging is pretty nice. I also liked the texture of the product but it just did not do anything for my skin. It didn't control oil, reduce the appearance of pores, or make my foundation last any longer. It has a powder-like smell to it as well, which got on my nerves throughout the day. I'm not sure how this has so many good reviews, I would not recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I bought this product based on the good MUA reviews, and am pleasantly surprised. I like this primer a lot more than I thought I would and it does a surprisingly good job. I have oily skin, so getting makeup to stay on without looking excessively shiny as the day goes by is always a challenge. I've tried so many primers- high end, drugstore and in between and can see myself sticking with the Rimmel quite happily.This product almost has a lotion-like quality to it, which I like. It applies smoothly and thinly, doesn't ball up like some of the thicker primers out there, and doesn't make my skin look "patchy" as the day wears on, like some other primers do. My makeup lasts through the day (without touchups) using this product, which is really saying something. As a warning to others, however, this product is quite scented and may bother those that are sensitive. I've been using this almost daily for about two months now, and am really liking it. I'll repurchase once I run out.