Dior Rosy Glow Awakening Blush

4.7

Talc, Mica, Methyl, Methacrylate, Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Zinz Sterate, Pentylene glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Lauryl lysine, Caprylyl glycol, Parfum (fragrance, Citronellol, BHT, (Colors, minerals), Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

on 12/29/2014 7:54:00 AM

Remember those Mood Matcher lipsticks? A green lipstick that magically turned pink on your lips? This seems to be an high-end blush in that spirit. The colouring (red 27 dye) reacts to moisture and turns a bright pink on your skin. I have my doubts about how much this adapts from person to person. Yet, I'm a big fan of this red 27 dye because it makes for a bright and long lasting colour. Rosy Glow blush turns the type of pink that looks like you've just been for a brisk walk. Don't use too much though or you'll look overheated. 1 swipe is quite sufficient. I personally like not having to choose between tons of blush colours, it is what it is. Expensive since it's Dior and comes in a nice shiny box. I may repurchase eventually or check out if there's any cheaper brands with a similar product.

on 10/22/2014 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing! Flawless finish bonne mine effect

Everything about this product is flawless!

Although I already had a great blush I was very happy with, I decided to add this to my collection due to its outstanding reviews in the beauty comunity. Since I got this, I never used anything again ( not even my HG blush which I thought I would never replace).

PROS:
- powder texture that looks very natural and non-powdery on skin
- colour that makes you look refreshed, very healthy and awake - the result is just impeccable
- best quality packaging I've come across so far (and i have a lot of high end products, so this one really is nice)
- comes with a brush which I love and use instead of a blush brush when not at home - it works great
- staying power is about 6-8 hours on me ( you can retouch and it looks wonderful)
- you get A LOT of product for what you pay for - I cand imagine this lasting for 2 years, even with every day use, as you only need a little

CONS:
- can't think of anything :)

on 10/2/2014 9:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Hands-down this is one of the best powder blushes I have ever ever used. I can't even begin to tell you just how smooth this goes on! The color is stunning yet so natural and soft, with amazing lasting power.
Is it worth the price? Absolutely. I would buy this over and over again, and I would be completely devastated if Dior ever pulls this off their shelves.

on 9/7/2014 6:24:00 PM

Great blush that compliments my fair skin! Great pigmentation, not to powdery, no caky finish. Great color!

on 7/31/2014 12:17:00 PM

I love this blush! It look like a bright vibrant pink in the pan but can apply very sheer depending on what kind of brush you use. This color can definitely make you look like a clown if you apply too much all over or use the wrong brush. I have the Shu Uemura #20 cheek brush, Sephora angled cheek brush and Suqqu Cheek brush. Dior Rosy Glow applies the best with Suqqu cheek brush for one reason - It blends beautifully and the brush itself doesn't pick up a lot of product from the pan. So make sure you don't use a densely packed brush and something that blends easy for you!

Apply a small amount carefully only to the apple of the cheek first and blend upwards and outwards with the remaining product left on the brush. Just keep BLENDING! And W-A-I-T!

RESULT: Really fresh and an awaked look!

on 7/11/2014 6:35:00 AM

I do love this blush but have opted not to repurchase as it is very pricey and the colour itself not entirely unique...

This is one of those blushes that you are always tempted to add just a little more as it does take about a minute to settle into its true colour. I have learnt I must be patient and wait :) On my NC15 skin tone with a light hand this starts off a pretty dolly pink and looks like obvious blush - I find this does wear for the day but fades down on my normal/combo skin to a really pretty light natural looking lighter pink.

it blends into the skin beautifully and is easy to apply with a variety of brushes. My current favourite being the RT Buffing Brush - I just dot it into the blush twice for each cheek - use a stippling motion to blend it right into my skin and love the finish this gives.

So this does look a little scary in the pan but with a light hand is forgiving. I have tried going a little heavier with this but on my skin-tone it ends up pulling towards red which on me is really unflattering. I think this is quite a universal blush and a great choice for possibly all skin-tones.

Didn't think there was such a thing as a universally flattering blush powder-turns out this is it. Super cute for anytime, anywhere-wakes up the face & goes with anything & everything . Love it

on 5/28/2014 4:55:00 PM

The only reason why I would not buy this product again is because it was expensive...and I didn't think that it was a MUST HAVE blush. But I do think that this is a fantastic blush. Probably lasted about a good 8 hours, but beyond that, it just kind of disappeared. One thing that I did was also put another blush (similar, but a little warmer) ontop just because it doesn't last beyond 8 hours.

on 5/27/2014 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

When I first saw this blush at Sephora I thought OMG that is NOT going to work on my skin. But all the rave reviews helped me to keep an open mind. For reference I am an NC35-NC40 (depending on the season). On the pan it looks like a bright Barbie pink. They did mention that this color transforms to suit your skin so I wanted to put it to the test.

The first time I applied it to my cheeks looked almost as bright as it did on the pan. Yes, it was very terrifying. I made the mistake of applying too much. So I took it off and applied it again, except I applied less. It was still somewhat bright, but I decided to let it sit. Then within 30 minutes or so the brightness went down and looked more natural. It turned to the most beautiful youthful light pink flush. I love that this blush has zero shimmer or sheen. Great for everyday looks.

APPLICATION TIPS: I have been using this blush almost everyday for a month now and I think the key to this blush is to apply as little as possible and then build it up slowly. I can see how this can appear intense if applied with a heavy hand. I use the blush brush from Real Techniques and it works great with this product (with any blush product really).

LASTING POWER: I did see some minor fading after 6 hours. It was visibly still there. I used it with and without foundation and still got a good 6 hours. I like that this faded beautifully, not patchy.

This comes with a brush that is not entirely useless. How rare right? It’s great if you are in a pinch and need an applicator. The comes in a mirrored compact and it is a fingerprint magnet so I like to keep it in the pouch it comes with. It is pretty pricey, $44 for .26 oz. Ouch.

ALSO, this has a beautiful rose scent to it. The rose scent is just like their Crème De Rose balm. Highly recommend.

Aloha for reading and I hope this review was helpful to you!! =D