April 24, 2014 | 1386 users online

Blush - Christian Dior - Rosy Glow Awakening Blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd been lemming this blush for a long time when a friend of mine finally convinced me to try it. She and I have a similar skin-tones and I saw how good it looked on her cheeks so I finally relented and bought it. And it really is stunning, I'm happy with my purchase.

It looks neon pink in the pan, but don't let the brightness intimidate you. I was still worried this would look chalky or pepto-bismol-y on my very fair, NC10 skin. But there was no need for me to worry. As my friend had assured me, it really does melt into your skin and create a natural-looking flush. I think the reason the blush looks so bright in the pan, but not on the skin, is because the pigments are very translucent, if that makes any sense. It is still very pigmented, and very softly and finely-milled, so one still needs to use a light hand when applying. Also, once applied, it does take a minute or so to develop. The first day I used it, I didn't see it show up at first and layered too much on, and my cheeks were extremely pink that whole day! So, the next day, I used a lighter hand and it turned out perfect. It was not too warm-toned or cool-toned, didn't oxidize weirdly, and the lasting power! I was so impressed by how long it lasted, and blushes usually fade rather fast on my cheeks. (that one day I over applied, I almost wished it would fade a bit, and it didn't! ha)

And lastly, the glow it gives is really ethereal. The texture and pigment of the blush are so fine that it is undetectable on the skin, unlike most powder blushes, no matter how good the quality, are usually somewhat visible as makeup under close inspection. This was the closest thing to a totally natural, beautiful, smooth flush I have ever gotten. I love blush and have many different shades and textures but this one is really special.

This blush is amazing but it is pricy, so if you're not really into blush, perhaps you could skip this. But if you enjoy blush and wear it often, I would highly encourage you to try this. It's just such a joy to use and made me feel really beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by JenniferBalesteri

I made the spluge and bought this, AND the Rosy Glow lip balm and Lip Maximizer on Amazon.

I have been liking the "bright pop of pink" with my brown eyeliner. I think it's natural and pretty!

First of all, the prices are crazy exorbitant...but the packaging is just so damn luxurious, so I can somewhat justify the products! The blush smells like roses and you really only need a very small brushing on the apples to the hairline. It "developes" over time to a bright soft pink that mimics being out on a brisk walk in the cold. Don't over do it, or you'll look clownish/kewpie doll!

Staying power is so so, about what any other blush wears, and there is no shimmer or sparkle to it whatsoever. The blush has lasted me a long time and for the first time in my life, I like the blush brush it comes with. The shiny silver top with the mirror is nice, and you can't deny the navy velvet pouch! I will repurchase this, but probably not the lip duo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The first thought that came to mind when I saw this blush was: NICKI MINAJ (eww..) Ha ha ha... Seriously, all cotton candy, frosty pink. But it looks really natural when applied. Like a natural glow that looks super healthy. It's very finely milled so do apply this with a gentle hand. Lets it sit for about 30 secs or so then apply a second layer if needed. Last all day too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is too awesome!!! gives me a natural "blush" like a little girl - better than Lancome Cosmo Pink blush. Similar to Stila's hot pink version but much more subtle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by AziWazzie

My go to blush. I ADORE the color on myself and I always get compliments whenever I wear it. It's not thick and almost sheer but delivers such a gorgeous color that I have not been able to find anywhere else. Love this product, worth every penny

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by hellodarling88

If I lost all my make up, this will be the first item I repurchase!

Don't be scared off by the brightness of the pink - it won't look that way on your face. It gives my medium tone a sweet pinkish flush that can last 9-6 work hours. Very build able but a little goes a long way. I even use it on 'no make up' days, its looks so natural!

This is an almost daily blush for me as it pairs well with all pink toned lipsticks for a alluring yet professional glow. Barely made a dent in it 6 months down the road (The beautiful CD design is gone though - boo hoo!) So it's worth the price you pay for sure.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

a slip of color but with enough pop to waken up my skin and make me look healthy. so so sheer and yet pigmented. go easy on application because it is bright if not applied softly. buildable and gorgeous pink flush.

expensive but would you expect cheap to be able to do something like this. this adapts to your particular skin tone -- I don't think it's like the moodie lipsticks.. lol.. but a take on them quite frankly.

the case is lovely CD classic -- but a bit heavy. Although this gives it the luxe feeling.

I think this will work on anyone who wants a flush of pink healthy cheeks.

would I repurchase.. I already have... just in case!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by callwood

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so i waited a month before reviewing this amazing blush, just in case it was the gorgeous packaging that was wooing me. The packaging is definitely gorgeous, sublime even, but so is the product. This just works, every time. It is, as other reviewers have said, a bright lolly pink in the pan but on your face (or everyones face i have tried) it turns into a natural, lit from within, translucent glow. I sometimes use it over a more bronzed blush (Dior desert spice) to get the perfect mix of colour and apple glow, but it is lovely just on its own, too. I like using the desert spice but i simply LOVE using the Rosy Glow. It makes me feel special and feminine just opening it up, crazy as it sounds. Yes, the packaging helps, with the beautiful velvet pocket, shiny silver case, large mirror, and perfect brush (I thought I wouldn't use it but it is soft and the perfect shape), but knowing the result helps, too. Hard to get wrong, hard to overdo, which is good because I just want to keep putting it on. It is very expensive, i paid $57 on Strawberrynet so goodness knows how much it is retail, but next time someone says 'what do you want for your birthday/Christmas/anniversary', do yourself a favour and say Rosy Glow, please (which reminds me - thanks, Mum).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Soft delicious subtle buildable matte color that makes your skin look gently flushed from looking across the room at the most gorgeous man imaginable to find he winks back at you. You blush from your toes to your roots and you look divine. You feel 15 again. Or maybe you just came in from playing a game of tennis to take a big gulp of water and your skin has that perfect pink glow from physical exercise.

You can get this without the flirting or the exhaustion of tennis from a little package by DIOR. Love it. I never heard of mixing your blush with water but wow this does the trick. Especially if you want to mix or go lighter. You can wear this without foundation. My daughter does but she has the perfect peaches and cream skin God never gave me. Prepare yourself, it looks neon in the package but it must be the pigmentation that makes the product looks so strong. It is not too strong. Fear not it gives off a gentle, just kissed soft smooth matte look. You can make it go darker or mix it with a bronzer.

This does not break me out and it lasted all day. Well more like 6 hours. Longer than any other blush I have owned. I have super sensitive skin with mild roseaca so I was worried about using any kind of blusher. I have avoided them in the past thinking they might make my skin look worse. This works for me. It does not emphasize texture and seems to blend nicely. Skin color for me is NC20-NC25 .The product is a find powder and is super smooth. This is not cheap. $45 but I would say worth every penny. Think of all the Mabelline, Sonia Kushuk, Elf, Wet and wild, Covergirl... blushes you wasted money on thinking they might be the best. WRONG. Save your money and buy one good quality blush that will look good with any lipstick you wear and make your skin glow!

I will buy this again, And I think I might get a few to give at Christmas. My sisters will love this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by ripluanne

After debating for months, I finally purchased this blush from the department store I work for and I'm pretty happy that I did. The texture is smooth and applies beautifully to the skin. Obviously, a significant draw back is the price. While I benefit from an employee discount, I'm not convinced I would purchase this at the full retail price, no matter how lovely it looks. I also wish the packaging had either been made sleeker (and forgone the silly little brush which I'll never use) or included more product.