Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h

3.8

Active: Octinoxate 3 Inactive: Aqua / Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane Silica, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Paraffin, Cyclomethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, [ /- May Contain / Peut Contenir/ Ultramarines, Iron Oxides / Titanium Dioxide]

on 4/14/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is really just an "OK" sort of product, and because of that, I don't think it's worth the money or the hype. That said, if you can get a sample, try it out, because it might work much better for someone with a different skin type.

PROS:
Finish - This looks SO natural on, and NOTHING looks natural on me. It's a my-skin-but-better sort of look, even with its relatively good coverage. It is a dream to apply because you don't have to spend forever blending it out. I use a dupe for the Beauty Blender to apply (the blending sponge by Quo, for any Canadians reading this). And once you've finished, it's perfectly set, not sticky or anything, so you can go over with concealer if you need it. It is also the LIGHTEST foundation I have ever tried, and I have tried a few. I'm very sensitive to the uncomfortable feeling of having something on my face; I feel like I can't breathe (but it's something I have to live with so I wear foundation anyway). This quite literally feels like you've got nothing on.
Coverage - The coverage for this is nothing more or less than medium. I've got a LOT of acne scars from hormones and experimenting with different foundations (mostly drugstore), and this did a pretty good job covering them up. I do have to touch up with concealer in the end but it's not too bad. It is also VERY buildable, and though it doesn't reach "full" coverage, it doesn't get cakey, and that's always a plus.
Packaging - It's pretty, sturdy, and comes with a pump, so no sanitation issues.

CONS:
Lasting Power - I've never had a foundation "wear off" on me so if you do have an issue with that I can't comment on it, but I do have oily/combo skin, My T-zone gets pretty oily when I put foundation on and this one is no exception. i get oily within 5-6 hours with this on.
Wear - I know I said that this has a good finish, but in the winter, the area around my nose is VERY dry and flaky and gross (but still oily, of course -.-) and this. Clings. On. Even when I exfoliate. When you come up close, you can see yellow flakes all over my nose and that is absolutely disgusting. It's a lot better in the spring and summer though. Also, after a while, this sinks into every puny crevice in your face, even with primer. I have large pores and am used to makeup sinking into them, but at 19 I haven't got noticeable fine lines. However, with this, I see two tiny lines around my mouth after a few hours, which makes me look really tired and... angry?
Tested on Animals - No. 1 reason not to repurchase, for me.

I'm not sure if this breaks me out or not, but all in all, I think this would be OK for people with normal or slightly oily skin types. For reference, I am slightly darker than NC30. I use the shade 320 Bisque W and it's almost a perfect match, just a smidge too light.

on 4/14/2015 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is one of my favorite foundations, i used to work for lancome and i know how great the products are compare to other designer brands. this foundation is amazing, i got it in 320 Bisque (w), its literally water proof, sweat proof, and has super super long wear, it also leaves a matte finish. i tested this product out for 18 hours, like wearing it all day and wearing it over night and going to the club. and it last all day, out of a 18 hour day of wearing it, i only had to touch up about 3 times. i started to get oily within 5 hours of when i just applied it. this is one of the best foundations, i would buy again.

on 4/8/2015 4:24:00 PM

I have oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin. This is my HG. After testing numerous foundations I have finally found the one. Without reapplying it stays put for a good 8 hours.

PROS:
Lightweight.
(It smells wonderful &
feels amazing on your skin!)
Medium coverage.
Dewy & natural finish.
Great packaging with a pump.
Long lasting finish.

CONS:
It doesn't stay on 24hr but i mean what foundation really does.
its pricey.
Medium coverage.

on 4/7/2015 12:23:00 AM

This is great foundation in comparison to many others, it is better than the two foundations that i have been using recently Nars all day luminous foundation and tarte amazonian full coverage foundation. It has better full coverage and gives skin an airbrushed look, the best lasting power, it doesn't start to break down until about 9 hours of wearing it, i have oily skin and this controlled my shine for about 6 hours than i needed to powder which usually it takes only 3 hours for me to need to powder. I also love the color it matches my warm, light with yellow undertones perfectly without being too yellowish like Nars, i wear 250 w bisque and im NC20-25. Great velvet matte finish that's not dry feeling, the cream texture, blends well and feels so soft and non-greasy. I moisturize and apply with my fingers than set with a translucent powder, no need for a primer which is great because primers can be clogging to pores if used everyday. I Highly recommend this one!

on 4/6/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this foundation. It has a great color range going all the way into the deepest colors. I have dry skin and it doesnt accentuate dry patches as long as I moisturize and use a beauty blender sponge( I use the RT miracle complexion sponge). It leaves a semi matte finish which is perfect for dry skin. It's definitely medium to full coverage and i suggest building it in sheer layers.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is definitely not a long wear foundation of you are an oily girl like me, after about 4 hours of application I was a greasy oily mess! It has quite a strong unpleasant scent and also made me brake out! I NEVER brake out! On the plus side it is easy to apply and has a nice medium buildable coverage! So pleased I only tried a sample and didn't waste £29.50 on it!

on 4/2/2015 8:25:00 AM

This is a no from me. It gives me pretty much full coverage (I'm very pale and just have redness to cover) and while it certainly doesn't look natural, for the coverage it gives me I'm happy with the finish it gives.

I have oily skin and without setting powder, this gets shiny within 5 hours. "24 hour" my ass. After a few hours of wear it also settles into fine lines. I'm 22 and I have like one wrinkle on my entire face, next to my mouth (smiling too much?????) and it just settles right on in to that one wrinkle and gets comfortable. With setting powder (I used Nars Velvet Loose Powder and it is freaking amazing) this lasts all day on me, and gets a bit yuck after 13 or 14 hours, but that's forgivable.

The thing that halted my use of this product is the ingredient list. When I purchased, I was under the impression that the denatured alcohol had been removed entirely from the formula. My ingredients list said otherwise, but I gave it a go anyways. Not sure if this is due to the alcohol, but after prolonged daily use of this foundation I found my skin becoming a bit dull and dry - I was at the stage where I was panicking because my skin felt tight no matter how much I moisturised. Of course, moisturising is made redundant when your makeup is dehydrating your skin.

After quitting this foundation my skin immediately became brighter and just generally looked healthier. I'm going to keep it around for special occasions and maybe nights out, but once it's empty I won't be repurchasing.

on 3/31/2015 10:53:00 AM

I absolutely love this product. It's lightweight but will still cover acne spots, doesn't dry my skin out and settle into lines. I tried Lancôme Teinte miracle and that just did not work for my skin. I really love Lancôme tho so a lady at sephora told me to try this one! Love it! My holy grail for now!

on 3/22/2015 10:59:00 PM

One of my favourite foundations! This really stays on a long time, leaves skin looking very natural yet fully covered and doesn't break me out or cause any other reactions. My combination skin requires a powder on top of it but I don't need to touch up during the day which is a huge plus. The pump buttle is easy and hygienic and pretty as well. The only thing I don't like is the price but with this foundation, a little goes a long way so I'm still willing to repurchase.

on 3/22/2015 10:05:00 PM

I don't personally wear this, as there isn't a shade light enough for me, but I put this on so many of my clients. It's a beautiful medium to full coverage foundation that feels and looks natural, wears forever and doesn't fade off throughout the day. Definitely recommend.

Video Reviews & Tutorials