November 28, 2014 | 1888 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole Ultra 24h

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by spottedswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Lancome describes this as full coverage and velvety matte finish. It seemed ideal for my skin type which is oily to combination, some texture problems and hyperpigmentation.

It was medium coverage with a satin matte finish on me. I suppose coverage is relative to what you need covered, but I couldn't help being disappointed.

Despite Lancomes attempts to be inclusive by offering so many shades, I found that in terms of undertone, they're very cool and neutral for my warm yellow needs. I went grey if I didn't use a powder to warm my skin back up. Spending this much on foundation, you want it to be able to stand alone.

After trying to make it work for 2 weeks, I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by dandggirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the texture of this foundation and the finish that gives on my skin. This is the sole reason that I purchased this foundation. Unfortunately, the colour selection with any cosmetic company is quite limited for those in the mid to darker tones. I chose the 410 Bisque W (closest to my skin) as the next shade available to me (460) was too dark. I am able to adjust the colour of the foundation using my Face Atelier 0+, but this is far too much work for me in the morning. I do not have oily skin, however I do like a matte finish. In order not to look dry while using this foundation, I apply the MAC prep and prime primer with the gold tint and the Make Up Forever HD Elixir. My skin stays moist while maintaining that matte finish. If you do not use a hydrating primer (if you have normal to dry skin), you will find this foundation too matte. As a reference, I currently use MUFE Mat Velvet, MUFE HD, Face Atelier 08 and MAC Matchmaster in 5.0. I love foundations, so I like to have multiple ones on hand :)
I will not repurchase this foundation due to the lack of colour selection for mid range skin tones on the warmer side of the spectrum.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by classicbelle

I did not like it at all. I have oily skin and it appears my face looks more oilier with this foundation. I prefer Revlon and estee lauder.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Lashaye16

I got a sample of this and I have it on, first I didn't realize how matte it is. Which is okay sord of because I get super oily. I have my make up on from 6am til about 5pm and I don't touch it up. This is my first long wear foundation. I did use the primer the sales associate told me to use but I noticed this foundation gives me dry patches. It also gives me a white cast when using a flash on my camera. I probably won't be purchasing a full size of this, and I am still on the hunt for that everyday foundation :-( super sad wanted to love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by JeniDelight

This stuff is simply marvellous! I have combination, somewhat acne prone skin that loves to oxidize everything on my face. The coverage on this is wonderful, doesn't break up on my skin nor does it oxidize and it just makes my skin look so smooth! It also holds up excellent on my oily areas which is rare. I also really do like their extensive color selection, especially for the darker skinned ladies!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by sg4656

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I may be reviewing a little too soon...I have had this product for less than a week. I was looking for a non-comedogenic product I could use. I went to Sephora and they did a skin ID on me and brought over 4 products that matched my skin tone and were non-comedogenic. I liked the way it made my pores and skin look burred and hid them. I did notice that it didn't give me the coverage I wanted over my healing pimples. I get hyperpigmentation and it wasn't covering well, but I kind of left it alone because I thought it was medium coverage and also because it was one of the worst breakouts I have had so I brushed it off. The consultant at Sephora finished me off with a contour powder and my color blush I have from there. After I did everything on my own the next few days I was kind of bummed out. My face color matched, but my face looked flat and ashy colored, like a weird grey hue, not obvious, but this foundation didn't quite make my skin look radiant. I used to wear a natural/dewy finish and I was willing to try all kinds of products. I normally do like matte products as well, but this made me look flat- I don't know how else to explain it. I thought I was crazy about the ashy tone but after reading other reviews they have said the same. Sigh. I think I will need to continue my hunt. Its a shame because I was wearing a $6 Maybelline Clean foundation but the color wasn't just right and it didn't come in my shade so I needed to give it up. Bummer. I would say that this rating is a 3 overall. The price is high but not bad. I am bummed it says full coverage, because it doesn't seem that to me. Again, I could see my red marks and needed to conceal. The packaging was nice and I love the pump. You can press a little or a lot and get just the right amount. This is a dry foundation so I haven't had any oil issues. It is hard to take off, and I think it has staying power. It DOES transfer...it got on my white work shirt when it rubbed my neck. I wouldn't say it provides hydration by any means, but didn't exactly dry me out. HTH!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

They have reformulated this it is not long lasting and the shades are different. The shades are not the same I have shade 140ivoire n which is the closest match for mac nc20. The shade was off it was not yellow enough. It oxidized really fast and turned peachy. It has medium coverage that covers redness and minor acne scars but doesn't blur pores or texture. This does settle into lines. I have combination skin oily t-zone and normal to dry cheeks that can also have dry peeling flakey patches. It last about 4 hours max with a good mattifying powder but with a powder on top it looks cakey and feels dry but without it doesn't dry or set it feels sticky and can transfer. Powder makes it look too matte I had to apply alot of powder because it felt sticky. It has low oil control super oil seperate and fade around the nose and cakeup around the sides of my nose and my pores were more visible. The rest of my face felt tight and looked dry.Plus it settles if you make any facial movement/ expression. If you raise you eyebrow it will settle into the forehead if you laugh it will settle into laughlines and inbetween the eyebrows....... Its like a clay mask if you move it starts to settle and crack.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by babysharks

I have a generous sample of this foundation, and I've been using this interchangably with Hourglass' Immaculate. I went into Sephora looking for foundations with oil control, and both do a great job, but Teint Idole looks much better on me. Less powdery with the same oil-controlling capabilities.
I apply my makeup around 8 am on most mornings, and didn't have to touch up all day. I do a NYX primer, foundation, then Essence translucent powder with NYX's matte setting spray. My makeup looked really good at 7 pm the same night.
Blends well, looks great, very buildable...I think I'm going to exchange Immaculate for this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by TattooedPrncsz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have been coming back to this foundation for awhile now and I love it but I don't conisder this an HG for me. (I don't really believe in HG foundations I am tough to please in that department lol) I am shade 160 and I wear the Lancome Visionnaire 1 Minute Blue as a primer under normally. My skin is far from perfect (i have moderate acne and scarring) and this foundation offers great full coverage without looking too cakey or to mask-like.

I apply using a damp BB or my sigma F82, let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then i'll use MAC's Blot Powder on top. I only need one layer for full coverage. It applies demi-matte or dewy depening on what primer & method I use to apply it. It coveres up really well so any acne prone ladies I highly suggest this, It hasn't broken me out and it really covers without having to use much concealer. I don't find I get shiny with this at the end of the day either with this foundation. I haven't stretched it to last 24 hours but it can last me through work and drinks after without looking haggard or feeling like I need to re-apply.

As for price, I expect to shell out a little $$$ for a good foundation so price doesnt sway my opinion but paid around $45.00 at Sephora. The only things I do need to conceal are my red post-acne marks and my undereyes but if I can get great coverage like this from just a foundation, I will repurchse this again.

The only cons I have about this foundation is because it is so long wearing it feels like its hard to take off at night and I feel like with some primers it takes a loooooong time to set on my face before powder.

Notible things:
* Produt has a pump
* Product does have a floal smell that might be an issue for some people
* Has SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by LornaLaine

This is by far the worst feeling I've ever got wearing a foundation. it hardened and flaked on me, felt and lokked as if I applued a hard clay, orange toned mask on my skin. Tient Idole was my holy grail foundation, until they had re formulated it, now you could not pay me to use this stuff. Don't recommend.