Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm in Grape Vine

on 1/30/2014 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This lip balm smells nice and layers over lipstick ok. It is not very moisturizing and the color is almost non-existent. I originally purchased this in the summer time and liked it ok. I repurchased again it because my teenage daughter likes it and I got 50% off the second one. This time it was the winter time. This stuff just sits on top of dry lips and mocks them. It works ok layered over a drier lipstick, but doesn't last at all. If you're buying this balm in the wintertime, don't expect it to moisturize. I will not be repurchasing this.

on 1/30/2014 6:01:00 PM

These baby lips lip balms are one of thee most overrated products I can think of. I mean, all you hear about are these and what are their purpose besides looking cute? They dont do jack for dry lips and they feel sooooo greasy. This scent smells really good and looks cute but thats IT.

on 1/26/2014 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I bought this on a whim - totally didn't need it for any reason except to try - and while I do like the colour (sort of a sheer medium plummy pink), I cannot stand the 'taste'. I don't lick my lips at all so I'm guessing I am tasting the scent, if that makes any sense. It tastes like perfume. I hate it. So, no matter how much I like the colour, sadly I cannot wear it. It's a very greasy feeling balm as well. Not a lot of lasting power here. They should flavour it and market it to tweens.

on 1/13/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Best Baby Lips tied w/ Quenched. My HG natural pink (I'll explain). Moisturizing, slick. My lips are a natural coral. Purple tones the coral out of my lips and makes them a natural pink. Good everyday lippie. Balm + gloss + light color = 3 in 1! I use it with Maybelline Great Lash BIG mascara, which many hate, but it works amazingly for me.
Yummy Plummy did not tone out the coral, it turned my lips taupe. Needless to say, I don't use that one very much.

Pros:
-tones coral out of my lips (unless I want the coral color)
-cute packaging
-cheap drugstore lippie
-3 in 1
-no mirror needed to apply
-smells like grape Koolaid
-good everyday lippie
-moisturizing
-light feeling, doesn't weigh lips down

Cons:
-a bit oily (not a big deal)

Overall: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Where I bought it: Walmart
Available at: Target, Walgreens (US), Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada), CVS (US), Walmart, Rexall/Pharma Plus, Superstore

on 1/12/2014 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty well known product but in my eyes it just a tinted lip balm. It does not repair but just gives moisture. The product is very slippery and doesn't last to long. My favourite part of this products is the smell but you don't taste at all. It smells like artificial grape in my opinion

on 1/11/2014 6:30:00 PM

I bought this thinking it would be a great tinted lip balm, but I'm very disappointed. The only thing I like is the pale plum MLBB color it provides and grape scent (I dont taste any flavor). I dislike everything else--the formula is so slippery that it wears off within minutes and my lips feel even more chapped after each use! Even though Maybelline is supposed to be low cost, I'm not digging the $4 price tag for a lip balm. If the formula has more of a waxy instead of watery feel, I'd probably rave about it because it would feel more moisturizing.

on 1/11/2014 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good lip balm, especially if you like lip balms with a hint of color. This shade didn't look appealing to me in the package but on my lips it's very pretty. A "my lips but better" shade. It lasts a decent amount of time, too. The scent is not too strong either.

on 1/7/2014 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff!!! I went looking for a cheaper version of my beloved Clinique black honey chapstick and although the packaging is a bit less sleek and the tint is quite different, it was a great switch. Black honey was actually missing that "blue" undertone I was looking for and the purple tint in this lip balm was perfect for my natural lip color. It makes my teeth look whiter and gives my mouth a healthy color. It doesn't last very long, but i really don't mind reapplying. It smells like Smarties! I've gotten several of my friends and family addicted and I always have a tube in my purse, car, and home :)

on 1/3/2014 7:31:00 PM

This is one of the five baby lips I own and it may be one of my favorites if not my favorite. It's the most sheer of the bunch but it works really well with my natural lip pigment. It seems the most moisturizing and works well as my MLBB shade.

on 1/2/2014 1:22:00 PM

favourite one!!! smells so good and so moisturising!! recommend

Top Rated Lip Treatments