January 31, 2015 | 1870 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips lip balm in Grape Vine

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by YADAYADAYADA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim - totally didn't need it for any reason except to try - and while I do like the colour (sort of a sheer medium plummy pink), I cannot stand the 'taste'. I don't lick my lips at all so I'm guessing I am tasting the scent, if that makes any sense. It tastes like perfume. I hate it. So, no matter how much I like the colour, sadly I cannot wear it. It's a very greasy feeling balm as well. Not a lot of lasting power here. They should flavour it and market it to tweens.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by hallycat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best Baby Lips tied w/ Quenched. My HG natural pink (I'll explain). Moisturizing, slick. My lips are a natural coral. Purple tones the coral out of my lips and makes them a natural pink. Good everyday lippie. Balm + gloss + light color = 3 in 1! I use it with Maybelline Great Lash BIG mascara, which many hate, but it works amazingly for me.
Yummy Plummy did not tone out the coral, it turned my lips taupe. Needless to say, I don't use that one very much.

Pros:
-tones coral out of my lips (unless I want the coral color)
-cute packaging
-cheap drugstore lippie
-3 in 1
-no mirror needed to apply
-smells like grape Koolaid
-good everyday lippie
-moisturizing
-light feeling, doesn't weigh lips down

Cons:
-a bit oily (not a big deal)

Overall: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Where I bought it: Walmart
Available at: Target, Walgreens (US), Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada), CVS (US), Walmart, Rexall/Pharma Plus, Superstore

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by albinathai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty well known product but in my eyes it just a tinted lip balm. It does not repair but just gives moisture. The product is very slippery and doesn't last to long. My favourite part of this products is the smell but you don't taste at all. It smells like artificial grape in my opinion

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this thinking it would be a great tinted lip balm, but I'm very disappointed. The only thing I like is the pale plum MLBB color it provides and grape scent (I dont taste any flavor). I dislike everything else--the formula is so slippery that it wears off within minutes and my lips feel even more chapped after each use! Even though Maybelline is supposed to be low cost, I'm not digging the $4 price tag for a lip balm. If the formula has more of a waxy instead of watery feel, I'd probably rave about it because it would feel more moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by ejtanner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good lip balm, especially if you like lip balms with a hint of color. This shade didn't look appealing to me in the package but on my lips it's very pretty. A "my lips but better" shade. It lasts a decent amount of time, too. The scent is not too strong either.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Sarahsian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff!!! I went looking for a cheaper version of my beloved Clinique black honey chapstick and although the packaging is a bit less sleek and the tint is quite different, it was a great switch. Black honey was actually missing that "blue" undertone I was looking for and the purple tint in this lip balm was perfect for my natural lip color. It makes my teeth look whiter and gives my mouth a healthy color. It doesn't last very long, but i really don't mind reapplying. It smells like Smarties! I've gotten several of my friends and family addicted and I always have a tube in my purse, car, and home :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by LNguyen97

This is one of the five baby lips I own and it may be one of my favorites if not my favorite. It's the most sheer of the bunch but it works really well with my natural lip pigment. It seems the most moisturizing and works well as my MLBB shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by liplover98

favourite one!!! smells so good and so moisturising!! recommend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff has replaced my beloved Carmex. I found this at Target for $2 and figured I'd give it a shot as I need a good lip balm with some color. I really love this stuff. It's smooth, moisturizing, has a hint of color to it and it smells yummy.

I gave my nieces some for Christmas - it's perfect for the youngens, such as my nieces.

I want to try other colors/flavors and plan to, soon!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I bought the Grape color, hoping for chapstick with a tint. It does just that. The swipe doesn't last for 8 hours, though, for sure, but I don't mind reapplying. Maybe my lips are just that dry, and need a lot of recovery. I have only used it a day. I love the color and the sheer purple/red tint--blends into your lips but gives you definition.

Overall, I would compare it to a less expensive, better-moisturizing version of Clinique's Black Honey. For $3, you can't do much better.