October 21, 2014 | 1023 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam Nicki

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by sunshineeaimss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A bright, beautiful, and bold pink! I absolutely adore this color, it's so perfect for summer! At first, I was being very indecisive about getting this color. I mean was it really worth to splurge on this beautiful lippie? It was! I mean it's so versatile you can dab it on your lips and blend it out for a soft pink color or fill in your lips and place this over for a bright pink! I definitely think it is wearable in the day time with a nude eye and a coraly cheek! Now the downside,*insert sad face here* I HAVE LIKE OVERLY CHAPPED LIPS, so I have to exfoliate every time I wear this adorbs lippie. SO MY FLAKY LIPS GIRLS EXFOLIATING WITH A TOOTHBRUSH AND LIP BALM WILL BE YOUR BIFFIES WHEN WEARING THIS!I love the smell.Other than that i love this lip color, definitely my summer go to lipstick! I think it's perfect and fun for all skintones. You can definitely make this your own.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

I like the shade of pink and it smells so good. The color shows up well also

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this so much and gave it a good try, but in the end, I had to return it. I think the actual color is fantastic! A super bright pink that is not subtle and is very, very bubble-gummy pink! What I was so disappointed with was that this color settled into every single line on my lips in a way that was very un-attractive and made me feel terribly self-conscious. No amount of balm or primer made a difference (including ones from Mac).

It was one of those instances where I applied it in the morning, loved it, and then was horrified when I looked in the mirror a few hours later. I actually had to take it all off and walk around with no lipstick, which I never do-- it looked that bad and was un-repairable (tried to blot, take off most of it but not all, etc.) It just caked the heck up and made me look like I had 90 year old lips. It also dried my lips out into the next few days when I wore it and I don't have sensitive lips. It also didn't really ever come "together" meaning that it sort of separated, never looking smooth or as one continual color application.

Overall, this was a great idea and concept but execution was poor. I am really disappointed in Mac with this one. Feel the same way with the gloss in this color. Not sure what happened, but Mac needs to go back to the drawing board on this one. Keep the color, change the formula.

A close dupe (in color only) I found is a matte lipstick by Jordana in Pink Passion. It is for sure not 100% the same but to me, pretty similar, and close enough for me to be able to enjoy the general color of this lipstick but without the horrible quality Mac presented. What happened, Mac???

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by SMRamirez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love is lipstick I'd say the perfect pink there is. but cons are that it dries up my lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everyone talks about this lipstick and I decided to try it on and it looked so terrible on me but I guess it's for people who are more daring. I tried to sheer it out haha it didn't work. Still extremely bright and bold. Just not my type of lipstick but might work for some :) I'm NC30 for reference

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by chriseileen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Loveee this color! It's a bright pink/coral color I've been searching for! I know this has been out for around year but I don't know why I barely picked this up yesterday. I'm NC 15/20 and this color is perfect for me, it really brightens up my complexion and is so perfect for spring/summer. This color can be toned down and applied lightly, its so pigmented a little product goes along way. Downside, it is a little drying but for me, most lipsticks are, even with lip balm. I will probably exfoliate my lips daily because I love how this lipstick can really change my look without having to put on layers of eyeshadow. Very satisfied :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by annieface

I left this lipstick to the side for a really long time because I simply could not find a way to make it work. It applied really unevenly and made my lips look really dry/settled into lines... it was basically a huge pain that I didn't even want to deal with. The only way I could make it work was with a gloss on top and even then, it would shift with the gloss. At this point, even though the color was gorgeous, I just left it at the bottom of my lipstick drawer.

I picked it up again recently to try it out again and once again, it was applying too much pigment too unevenly. Instead of applying it all over my lips as I do with almost all of my lipsticks, I stopped there and blended it in. BAM! No gross texture or settling into the lips. Sadly, I don't think I will ever be able to get the full impact of this color on my lips because full swipes = uneven application, but I do adore the pink look it gives off with a sheered out, rubbed-in application. It loses its annoying satin texture and becomes a smooth, semi-matte finish.

I think this will be my go-to spring/summer lipstick this year.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Edel2013

I absolutely love this lipstick. The shade is just the right pink for me. However it is an evening lipstick as I think it is too much to day wear. Only downside is how quickly this lipstick wears off, would have liked it to have a bit more staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow! This lip stick makes my lips pop! This is such a fun color to wear to the club or out with the girls. I feel very pretty and flirty when i wear MAC lipstick especially from the Viva Glam Nicki line. This lipstick stays on for a very long time, does not smear or smudge when drinking or eating. MAC really knows how to make long lasting makeup that feels and looks great! Oh, and the lipstick itself is just adorable looking!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by JossieRose

I want to love this lipstick so bad,but EVERYTIME! I wear it my lip tends to peel off and it's only with this lipstick. Does this happen to anyone else? I always wear some sort of lip base under it. I once thought it was the bases i was using,tried without it and nop! same outcome.

any tips on how to make it work?

has this happened to you?

xx